BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs
 
GTB Performance
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-09-2013, 02:09 PM   #1
Skyhawk9911
Private
1

 
Skyhawk9911's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Long island


Posts: 64
iTrader: (1)

Preparation for road trip

Hey, I'm taking my M3 on a road trip the first week of June and i was wondering if there are any ideas on how to protect my car from road debris. Also if there is any maintenance that i should do before i go. It will be about a 800 miles one way so about 1600 round trip.

Thanks,
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2013, 03:41 PM   #2
mosx
The mod bug has bitten.
United_States
7

 
Drives: 2008 M3 Sedan
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: North Texas


Posts: 565
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Make sure to pack a spare tire. It'll suck up some trunk space but I'd hate to be in the middle of nowhere without it. Maybe throw a quart of oil in the trunk too.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2013, 04:17 PM   #3
Skyhawk9911
Private
1

 
Skyhawk9911's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Long island


Posts: 64
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosx View Post
Make sure to pack a spare tire. It'll suck up some trunk space but I'd hate to be in the middle of nowhere without it. Maybe throw a quart of oil in the trunk too.
Yeah good idea but will be tough since i don't have a spare. Do they make doughnuts for Ms?
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2013, 04:25 PM   #4
jetblacke92M3
New Member
0

 
Drives: Jet Black e92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: So-Cal


Posts: 6
iTrader: (0)

check out this thread. you can build your own compact spare for a decent price.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=253769
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2013, 11:07 AM   #5
rjd598
Brigadier General
United_States
54

 
rjd598's Avatar
 
Drives: 10' M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Diego,CA


Posts: 4,620
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [4.50]
1999 BMW M3  [0.00]
tape up the front easiest way to avoid rock chips and bugs but you might get some funny looks
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2013, 07:48 PM   #6
JR M3
Member
2

 
JR M3's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Miami


Posts: 248
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd598 View Post
tape up the front easiest way to avoid rock chips and bugs but you might get some funny looks
+1 or buy some Swissvax Shield. The PTFE (teflon) based wax really helps to keep bugs and other debris from sticking to your car and makes cleaning a breeze
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2013, 12:02 AM   #7
Jremmy
Medic
3

 
Jremmy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 M3
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: San Diego, CA


Posts: 220
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhawk9911
Hey, I'm taking my M3 on a road trip the first week of June and i was wondering if there are any ideas on how to protect my car from road debris. Also if there is any maintenance that i should do before i go. It will be about a 800 miles one way so about 1600 round trip.

Thanks,
Clear bra...better than having to reprint the front end
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:48 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST