BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
Steve Thomas BMW
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-09-2007, 01:43 PM   #1
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
 
Drives: 2015 M4 Coupe, 2012 ML350
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Lake Oswego, OR

Posts: 7,335
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Rear windows

Are rear side windows on the coupe fixed? I like the power-operated outward opening vents on my E46, but nothing I've seen indicates they open on the E92.
__________________

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2015 M4 Coupe - Silverstone/Sakhir/CF
2012 ML350
GregW / Oregon is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-09-2007, 01:48 PM   #2
JerezBlue!
Second Lieutenant
 
JerezBlue!'s Avatar
 
Drives: BMW M3 V8
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: London, UK

Posts: 289
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
Are rear side windows on the coupe fixed? I like the power-operated outward opening vents on my E46, but nothing I've seen indicates they open on the E92.


They are fixed, but 'climate' is sent to the rear.
JerezBlue! is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-09-2007, 02:58 PM   #3
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
 
Drives: 2015 M4 Coupe, 2012 ML350
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Lake Oswego, OR

Posts: 7,335
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Rear vents

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerezBlue! View Post
They are fixed, but 'climate' is sent to the rear.
Thanks, that's what I was afraid of.
__________________

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2015 M4 Coupe - Silverstone/Sakhir/CF
2012 ML350
GregW / Oregon is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-09-2007, 04:43 PM   #4
lucid
Major General
 
lucid's Avatar
 
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 8,034
iTrader: (0)

Yeah, that's a bummer. I really like cracking mine open when I leave the car under the sun.
lucid is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-10-2007, 12:10 AM   #5
esquire
Colonel
 
esquire's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.5 Dakar Yellow M3 Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Orange County, California

Posts: 2,800
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
Yeah, that's a bummer. I really like cracking mine open when I leave the car under the sun.
personally i'm not a fan of those types of windows, but if heat is your concern good tint will more than compensate, especially if you get your front window tinted.

when i first had my car tinted with huper optik, i had all the windows done with the exception of the front. the heat reduction was more than noticeable. but when summer came around, accompanied by these ridiculous hot spells, i decided to tint the front with a very light grade of the huper optik film, and even in the hottest weather and my black interior, the car stays surprisingly cool. i couldn't be more pleased with the purchase.


- esquire
__________________

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
esquire is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-10-2007, 03:52 AM   #6
Bennu
Colonel
 
Bennu's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: West Palm Beach

Posts: 2,077
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
personally i'm not a fan of those types of windows, but if heat is your concern good tint will more than compensate, especially if you get your front window tinted.

when i first had my car tinted with huper optik, i had all the windows done with the exception of the front. the heat reduction was more than noticeable. but when summer came around, accompanied by these ridiculous hot spells, i decided to tint the front with a very light grade of the huper optik film, and even in the hottest weather and my black interior, the car stays surprisingly cool. i couldn't be more pleased with the purchase.


- esquire
He's right. Huper Optik tint is absolutely incredible. One of the worst things to spoil interiors is having your car baked in the hot sun for years and years. Bad for the leather, bad for the dash and eveything inside. Would cost about $600 to tint the entire car as well as the front wind shield clear, but its a great investment to the longevity of your car.
__________________
------------------------------------------------
Lack of money is not the problem. It is merely a symptom of what's going on inside of you! - T Harv Eker

Bennu is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:24 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST