BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....
 
Steve Thomas BMW
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-17-2013, 09:03 AM   #111
KennyPowers
Brigadier General
130

 
Drives: .....
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Gulf Coast


Posts: 4,438
iTrader: (13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iplayedmyself View Post
If it's so special edition why would they up the hp output but do nothing to suspension on a car that in my opinion does not compare handling wise to an M
Says the guy who almost certainly hasn't driven a 2012+ c63 amg....

Magazine racing ftw?
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2013, 07:46 PM   #112
gthal
Brigadier General
Canada
90

 
gthal's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 M4
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Canada


Posts: 3,344
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2011 M3  [3.37]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iplayedmyself View Post
If it's so special edition why would they up the hp output but do nothing to suspension on a car that in my opinion does not compare handling wise to an M
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyPowers View Post
Says the guy who almost certainly hasn't driven a 2012+ c63 amg....

Magazine racing ftw?
+1... go drive a 2012 car with the REVISED suspension and report back. Yes, the M3 is still a little more nimble and a little better balanced but it is very, very close.

IMO, having owned both, the M3's biggest advantage is the DCT vs. the MCT and it handles heat better at the track. These advantages disappear on the street. For some, those advantages are offset by the power/torque of the 6.2L AMG engine. Similar cars with similar overall capability but with slightly different personalities... magazine bench racing FTL!!
__________________
2015 M4 | Austin Yellow | Black Full Merino Leather | DCT
2014 Corvette Stingray | Z51 | Torch Red | 7MT - Sold
2012 MB C63 Coupe | Performance package | Obsidian Black - Sold
2011 E92 M3 | Jerez Black | Fox Red | DCT | Competition Package - Sold
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2013, 12:16 AM   #113
nightrain
Second Lieutenant
Indonesia
23

 
nightrain's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 JZB
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Indonesia


Posts: 206
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2012 F10 M5  [5.00]
2009 E92 M3  [5.00]
wow the car looks pretty good, i hope the price is not as crazy as the bs or the m3 gts lol
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2013, 02:43 AM   #114
FVM3
Major General
202

 
FVM3's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 m3, f30 328i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Los Angeles


Posts: 5,739
iTrader: (2)

Bmw special edition means different paint, same performance.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2013, 10:22 PM   #115
deadlyrhythm
Private First Class
Canada
16

 
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Edmonton, Alberta


Posts: 174
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWPWR View Post
Still don't understand why a car of this caliber doesn't have mechanical LSD standard.
This model has an LSD as standard...
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 05:12 AM   #116
spool twice
Rainbow Racer
United_States
39

 
spool twice's Avatar
 
Drives: S65B40
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Sarasota, FL


Posts: 1,277
iTrader: (7)

The only thing I dont like...the rear fenders are the same as a regular C-class coupes, it doesn't get the bigger fenders of the Black-Series. Otherwise a great looking car.
__________________
'15 IS350 F-sport Ultra White/Rioja Red
'09 E90 M3 7-DCT Interlagos Blue/Novillo Silver
[MS Pullies|K&N drop-in|Test Pipes |Evolve Stage II tune|Evolve Servotronic Map|Evolve M3 GTS-DCT file]
Now gone
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 11:35 AM   #117
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
173

 
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Francisco


Posts: 8,517
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
+1... go drive a 2012 car with the REVISED suspension and report back. Yes, the M3 is still a little more nimble and a little better balanced but it is very, very close.

IMO, having owned both, the M3's biggest advantage is the DCT vs. the MCT and it handles heat better at the track. These advantages disappear on the street. For some, those advantages are offset by the power/torque of the 6.2L AMG engine. Similar cars with similar overall capability but with slightly different personalities... magazine bench racing FTL!!
everytime i see one, it's so tempting to switch out to a C63 sedan MCT & P31...must resist....
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 02:50 PM   #118
Nati Beastcat
Trader!!
60

 
Nati Beastcat's Avatar
 
Drives: E55 AMG
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Cincinnati


Posts: 1,284
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post
everytime i see one, it's so tempting to switch out to a C63 sedan MCT & P31...must resist....
Same issue I'm having... Seeing one take off at Timmayfest didn't help me.
__________________
Eisenmann race | Test Pipes | BPM Stage 2 | Vorsteiner | Black lines | AA filter | iND cosmetics | KW Sleeve over | 20" BBS LM's | Macht Schnell Tow Strap | Euro modded front bumper | Revinora lip | iND mirror caps | BMW spoiler | BMW Steering wheel | iND Interior Pkg |You bet Jerez its black and i'll never go back! Instagram @NATIBEASTCAT
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 04:44 PM   #119
lsmkr01
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
27

 
lsmkr01's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: SC


Posts: 1,644
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nati Beastcat View Post
Same issue I'm having... Seeing one take off at Timmayfest didn't help me.
The 6.2 is really amazing but the coupe rear quarter panels kill it for me. side by side the E92 just looks so much better. As I type this I realize i'm splitting hairs as both cars are sick and its a fortunate position to be in where we can agonize over which to put in the garage.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:18 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST