BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (ALMS, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)
 
INDustry distribution
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-14-2013, 04:02 AM   #67
EINSER M
Major General
EINSER M's Avatar
United_States
92
Rep
5,368
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E82 1M
Join Date: May 2006
Location: 34.1064° N, 117.5922° W, 300m altitude

iTrader: (38)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to EINSER M Send a message via MSN to EINSER M Send a message via Yahoo to EINSER M
.2 too slow but exhilarating race nonetheless proud of P4
__________________
THE EINSER M BUILD
CLICK HERE: EINSER M BUILD

Appreciate 0
      04-14-2013, 04:37 AM   #68
jonasaurus
Brigadier General
jonasaurus's Avatar
United Kingdom
34
Rep
3,147
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3 [Sold]
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Lots of tyre strategy going, but a good race nevertheless, was on the edge of the seat last couple laps with VET closing in on HAM. Gutted for Mark, I think he would have been on track for some decent points had his wheel not fallen off.

Its funny despite all the 'excitement' and unpredictability generated by Pirelli tyres I would still prefer to see drivers driving without being handicapped due to tyre degradation.
__________________
///M3 | E90 LCI | Space Grey | Fox Red with CF Structure | 6MT | 260M | My build
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2013, 04:57 AM   #69
doc19
Second Lieutenant
doc19's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
220
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 e90 M3 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johanness View Post
One small error with 3 turns left cost SV the podium. Sad
I don't think it was an error, his tires were just gone after pushing so hard for 3 laps. By the final lap he was a second off his initial pace on the options. Although had he not dove so hard into turn 11 I wonder if he would have been able to use DRS coming down the long straight into 14, so I guess it could be called an error.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonasaurus View Post
Lots of tyre strategy going, but a good race nevertheless, was on the edge of the seat last couple laps with VET closing in on HAM. Gutted for Mark, I think he would have been on track for some decent points had his wheel not fallen off.

Its funny despite all the 'excitement' and unpredictability generated by Pirelli tyres I would still prefer to see drivers driving without being handicapped due to tyre degradation.
I enjoyed the race, but it does feel a bit contrived. It feels like near the end of the races this year everyone is just trying to hold position as opposed to gaining positions in the final laps... Vettel being the obvious exception. Watching the live timing on my laptop during the race you can really tell when the tires fall off, the lap time changes are quite dramatic.
__________________
"This is like having a house-cat that’s a bengal tiger." - Todd Deeken, everydaydriver.com, on owning an e90 m3.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2013, 04:58 AM   #70
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
E90SLAM's Avatar
Hong Kong
876
Rep
61,168
Posts

 
Drives: A BBS WHORE
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: .

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2006 330i  [4.67]
Two major players in this race, the piece of crap Soft tires and DRS.

Decent race and excitement. Although a bit "confusing" with mixed strategy and cars out of position at middle stages of the race.

Miserable weekend for Mark, with the "Multi 21" drama still going on as its being fueled by the media, then his RB9 literally ran out of fuel on Qualifying, a collision with Vergne, then loose wheel to retire. Its surely a weekend to forget.

I wonder what if the wheel his Vettel's car.

I also wonder how much life has left in Button's soft tires? He did a fastest lap on the very final lap. Perhaps he's just wasn't pushing knowing not going to overtake VET with one lap younger tires and a six second gap. So decided to save some life and defend from Massa.

Disappointing from Massa again, he was right there with Alonso in the first three laps. Then all the events added up a 40 seconds gap.

As a McLaren fan, Perez is letting us down. Or there's too much hype last season with several podiums? He drove like a backmarker in the past three races.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2013, 04:06 PM   #71
bmwdj
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
39
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335i coupe
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Irvine, California

iTrader: (0)

Sad to see Webber out. Wait for the Bahrain race.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2013, 10:56 PM   #72
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
E90SLAM's Avatar
Hong Kong
876
Rep
61,168
Posts

 
Drives: A BBS WHORE
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: .

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2006 330i  [4.67]
.
Attached Images
                                                  
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2013, 10:59 PM   #73
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
E90SLAM's Avatar
Hong Kong
876
Rep
61,168
Posts

 
Drives: A BBS WHORE
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: .

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2006 330i  [4.67]
..
Attached Images
                                                  
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2013, 11:03 PM   #74
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
E90SLAM's Avatar
Hong Kong
876
Rep
61,168
Posts

 
Drives: A BBS WHORE
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: .

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2006 330i  [4.67]
...
Attached Images
                                           
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2013, 07:00 AM   #75
escobar929
Brigadier General
escobar929's Avatar
53
Rep
4,309
Posts

 
Drives: M235i
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hollywood, FL

iTrader: (13)

Garage List
2015 M235i  [0.00]
fun race, great drives from the top 3

but not the best weekend for RBR, they messed up w/ WEB in qualifying and came up w/ a bad strategy for SEV, not sure if the idea itself was bad or if it was the execution. WEB seemed to be doing ok even though he started in the pits. Not sure what happened w/ his rear tire, hopefully he doesnt get a one race ban if they indeed know it was loose the whole time

but also as a McLaren fan, not sure what Perez problem is, BUT did a much better job on this race but they sure do miss HAM, who is doing pretty good for Merc even though you can tell the car isnt quiet there yet
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2013, 10:45 AM   #76
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
E90SLAM's Avatar
Hong Kong
876
Rep
61,168
Posts

 
Drives: A BBS WHORE
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: .

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2006 330i  [4.67]
Perez is still drive like mid-pack team driver. He is just not up there yet. Top level drivers like ALO, HAM, RAI, VET, and I'll throw in BUT and WEB, they all can deliver here and there with decent or mediocre cars. MAS is a bit better but more because of his confidence and mentality.

But or PER, he's just doesn't have the race craft and skill set like the top drivers I mentioned, at the moment.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2013, 11:47 AM   #77
ptack
Brigadier General
ptack's Avatar
United_States
47
Rep
4,267
Posts

 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 135i  [3.00]
I'm surprised no one ever said asked Vettel what he was doing with a siphon immediately after Q1.
__________________
135i, SGM, Coral, Sport Package, Auto, Premium Hifi, USB/ipod, Apex EC-7s, PPK Stage II
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2013, 12:39 PM   #78
Mtxzptlk
Driving Dog
Mtxzptlk's Avatar
7
Rep
539
Posts

 
Drives: 635/1815
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: US

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
Perez is still drive like mid-pack team driver. He is just not up there yet. Top level drivers like ALO, HAM, RAI, VET, and I'll throw in BUT and WEB, they all can deliver here and there with decent or mediocre cars. MAS is a bit better but more because of his confidence and mentality.

But or PER, he's just doesn't have the race craft and skill set like the top drivers I mentioned, at the moment.
Agreed, Perez is showing green at the moment.

Me thinks perhaps McLaren should've gone w/ Hulkenberg over Perez instead (not sure how realistic that was). Hulkenberg is doing pretty good driving that Sauber.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2013, 01:02 PM   #79
MLSavage
Second Lieutenant
MLSavage's Avatar
United_States
2
Rep
278
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 135i AW 6MT
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Jacksonville, FL

iTrader: (0)

He also likes the double-move block that will cause more problems in the future unless he's forced to stop doing it.

Numerous people were surprised he got the seat over Hulk in the first place and they are being proven right so far. Did McLaren mainly think about the commercial appeal of a Mexican driver? He's never seemed to have the 'it' factor before the move and certainly doesn't seem to have it yet.
__________________
2010 N54 135i - Alpine White - 6MT - M-Sport - LCI Blacklines - 1M Mirrors - PSS - Powdercoated Black 261M
SELLING MY CAR
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2013, 01:45 PM   #80
Mtxzptlk
Driving Dog
Mtxzptlk's Avatar
7
Rep
539
Posts

 
Drives: 635/1815
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: US

iTrader: (7)

In keeping with commercial appeal, this is the last season that Vodafone will be the title sponsor for McLaren.

Reports suggest that they have already lined up a new title sponsor.

The new title sponsor will be revealed at season's end.

Some say there's a good chance it might be Coca cola.. or maybe Telmex?
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2013, 02:04 PM   #81
abisson
Canada FTW.
abisson's Avatar
Canada
37
Rep
516
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 GTI MKVI
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Maple Syrup Country

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtxzptlk View Post
In keeping with commercial appeal, this is the last season that Vodafone will be the title sponsor for McLaren.

Reports suggest that they have already lined up a new title sponsor.

The new title sponsor will be revealed at season's end.

Some say there's a good chance it might be Coca cola.. or maybe Telmex?
Telmex makes more sense because of Chico. Coca cola doesn't need to be in F1. No need.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2013, 02:06 PM   #82
abisson
Canada FTW.
abisson's Avatar
Canada
37
Rep
516
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 GTI MKVI
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Maple Syrup Country

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLSavage View Post
He also likes the double-move block that will cause more problems in the future unless he's forced to stop doing it.

Numerous people were surprised he got the seat over Hulk in the first place and they are being proven right so far. Did McLaren mainly think about the commercial appeal of a Mexican driver? He's never seemed to have the 'it' factor before the move and certainly doesn't seem to have it yet.
http://planetf1.com/news/3213/864153...ust-Toughen-Up
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2013, 02:35 PM   #83
Mattgfx
Lieutenant
Mattgfx's Avatar
United_States
9
Rep
557
Posts

 
Drives: 11 328i xDrive
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

forza Ferrari!
__________________
08 135i | Alpine White |SOLD
11 328i xDrive | Jet Black |
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2013, 05:18 PM   #84
johanness
Banned
23
Rep
1,741
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 Z4MC
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Seattle, Vancouver

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptack View Post
I'm surprised no one ever said asked Vettel what he was doing with a siphon immediately after Q1.
He's as much entitled to make a beer-bong as the next driver

Appreciate 0
      04-15-2013, 06:21 PM   #85
Mtxzptlk
Driving Dog
Mtxzptlk's Avatar
7
Rep
539
Posts

 
Drives: 635/1815
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: US

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abisson View Post
Telmex makes more sense because of Chico. Coca cola doesn't need to be in F1. No need.
Telmex becoming the title sponsor would just reinforce the trend of pay drivers.

If anything I'd favor the contrary.

While Perez is no longer a pay driver, the relationship with Telmex was and is still there.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2013, 09:57 PM   #86
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
E90SLAM's Avatar
Hong Kong
876
Rep
61,168
Posts

 
Drives: A BBS WHORE
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: .

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2006 330i  [4.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptack View Post
I'm surprised no one ever said asked Vettel what he was doing with a siphon immediately after Q1.
No no, Marko hide all the evidences!!!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 07:34 AM   #87
abisson
Canada FTW.
abisson's Avatar
Canada
37
Rep
516
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 GTI MKVI
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Maple Syrup Country

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtxzptlk View Post
Telmex becoming the title sponsor would just reinforce the trend of pay drivers.

If anything I'd favor the contrary.

While Perez is no longer a pay driver, the relationship with Telmex was and is still there.
I'd would favor the opposite of paid drivers as well... Trust me. But there is no way in hell Coca Cola would partner up in F1.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 11:47 AM   #88
Mtxzptlk
Driving Dog
Mtxzptlk's Avatar
7
Rep
539
Posts

 
Drives: 635/1815
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: US

iTrader: (7)

You'll have to educate me on Coca Cola and F1 history.

Update: Looks like Coca Cola was a 2012 rumor.

Rolex, Emirates, Gillete?
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:37 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST