BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews
 
Strasse Wheels
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-29-2012, 04:42 PM   #89
marepa
Enlisted Member
United_States
0
Rep
41
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 E92 Space Gray MT
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spitfire9200 View Post
If you account for the plane ticket, which is usually about $1,000, the price went up about ~$2000 (give or take). Not TOO bad... this is a fully loaded M3 ED MSRP vs. US Invoice
I don't know what you mean?

I know that ED is great way to get M3 .. at least used to be, .. the problem I was describing was that I was about to order M3, when I was told I can't do the ED anymore, so the price went up by $4000, which is money that I don't have now and have to postpone it .. and I'm afraid I might not get it in time before they stop production

getting a ED slot now would still mean that I will be picking up car around in December .. by what time I will no longer have problem with the additional 4k

I wasn't counting the trip, since it's not part of the money for the car (for me)
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2012, 05:38 PM   #90
spitfire9200
Second Lieutenant
4
Rep
263
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Leesburg, VA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marepa View Post
I don't know what you mean?

I know that ED is great way to get M3 .. at least used to be, .. the problem I was describing was that I was about to order M3, when I was told I can't do the ED anymore, so the price went up by $4000, which is money that I don't have now and have to postpone it .. and I'm afraid I might not get it in time before they stop production

getting a ED slot now would still mean that I will be picking up car around in December .. by what time I will no longer have problem with the additional 4k

I wasn't counting the trip, since it's not part of the money for the car (for me)
You can still do ED. It's just ED MSRP now, which is equivalent to US invoice.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 01:38 PM   #91
pharmdphd98
PharM3
pharmdphd98's Avatar
6
Rep
295
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spitfire9200
Quote:
Originally Posted by marepa View Post
I don't know what you mean?

I know that ED is great way to get M3 .. at least used to be, .. the problem I was describing was that I was about to order M3, when I was told I can't do the ED anymore, so the price went up by $4000, which is money that I don't have now and have to postpone it .. and I'm afraid I might not get it in time before they stop production

getting a ED slot now would still mean that I will be picking up car around in December .. by what time I will no longer have problem with the additional 4k

I wasn't counting the trip, since it's not part of the money for the car (for me)
You can still do ED. It's just ED MSRP now, which is equivalent to US invoice.
If anybody in SoCal wants to do ED at near ED invoice price let me know. I have an order with production number for November delivery. There is plenty of time to change the build. My only condition is that you pay me for the work I put into getting this great deal, which is $500 over ED invoice. Compensation is negotiable but you know you save thousands and get to have a kickass vacation at the same time. I love the fact that doing it this way you pay roughly $65k for a car with a MSRP of $75,045. This is a serious opportunity. No BS. The only reason I am willing to do this is that Ii picked up a brand new GT-R.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2012, 06:31 PM   #92
marepa
Enlisted Member
United_States
0
Rep
41
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 E92 Space Gray MT
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (0)

Spitfire: not sure but in my case ED MSRP was $69,695, but US invoice was $64,780, so almost 5k difference,
my original ED price was $60,400 which was the reason I decieded to buy it .. now to me it seems that the only option is to get US invoice since the ED makes no more sense ( if the car price is at the top of your budget limit)
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2013, 02:06 AM   #93
tuna_hp
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
39
Posts

 
Drives: X3
Join Date: May 2012
Location: United States

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03BeastCharmer View Post
I doubt they are going to lose a lot of customers over this. Very few people know about or take advantage of Euro Delivery. Also people can still do euro delivery and get the standard 7% discount, it's just going to be harder to get any additional discounts from the dealer beyond that because it's coming out of their own allocation. It's only the on-line forum community that has any idea that some dealers were offering euro delivery at close to invoice, and most of the community isn't doing euro delivery of ///M cars, so I don't see BMW losing tons of customers. Sorry you decided to cancel your order.
I don't think that you will still get the 7% discount. The 7% ED discount is supposed to be roughly equal to the backend incentives that BMW dealerships receive based on the number of cars of each model they sell and their customer satisfaction ratings. ED cars have never counted towards these backend payments, only domestic delivery. So when a BMW dealership has to sell an ED car out of their limited, in-demand allocation, they are going to want to recoup that lost backend payment which is supposedly about that 7%.

I had actually read that new, high demand, and M cars have often not been eligible for ED allocation for stretches of time throughout the past. If I am remembering correctly, the worst thing about it was that not only do the dealers not make their backend on ED cars, but that although the ED car sale counts against their allocation for the year, it does not count towards their total sales for determining their allocation for future years! So selling M cars out of their allocation for ED means that they could receive a smaller M car allocation the next year! If this applies, dealerships will almost certainly charge a large premium for ED vs domestic.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2013, 07:32 PM   #94
PetoM3
Private First Class
2
Rep
131
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuna_hp View Post
I don't think that you will still get the 7% discount. The 7% ED discount is supposed to be roughly equal to the backend incentives that BMW dealerships receive based on the number of cars of each model they sell and their customer satisfaction ratings. ED cars have never counted towards these backend payments, only domestic delivery. So when a BMW dealership has to sell an ED car out of their limited, in-demand allocation, they are going to want to recoup that lost backend payment which is supposedly about that 7%.

I had actually read that new, high demand, and M cars have often not been eligible for ED allocation for stretches of time throughout the past. If I am remembering correctly, the worst thing about it was that not only do the dealers not make their backend on ED cars, but that although the ED car sale counts against their allocation for the year, it does not count towards their total sales for determining their allocation for future years! So selling M cars out of their allocation for ED means that they could receive a smaller M car allocation the next year! If this applies, dealerships will almost certainly charge a large premium for ED vs domestic.
I actually got ED invoice + $1200 price deal in Feb 13. Many dealerships don't have allocations, so even getting one is tough and ED invoice even harder. I feel lucky I got such a good deal. Going to pick it up in 2 weeks!
__________________
2013 M3 Coupe | Space Gray | Silver/Black/Black | Premium pkg | Heated seats | Carbon Trim | M DCT | Black Grills & Gills & Reflectors | 30% F1 | Xpel | O.Z. | Musicar Level III
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2013, 06:59 PM   #95
LOVEM
Captain
United_States
10
Rep
929
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 1m VO
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetoM3 View Post
I actually got ED invoice + $1200 price deal in Feb 13. Many dealerships don't have allocations, so even getting one is tough and ED invoice even harder. I feel lucky I got such a good deal. Going to pick it up in 2 weeks!
I am picking mine up 04/22/2013 at welt.

GOOD LUCK ON YOURS,,,
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2013, 08:57 PM   #96
alee0729
Lieutenant
alee0729's Avatar
5
Rep
423
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 E92 M3, 2001 E46 330Ci
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New York, NY

iTrader: (0)

4/20 pick-up at Welt here!
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2013, 01:28 AM   #97
PetoM3
Private First Class
2
Rep
131
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alee0729 View Post
4/20 pick-up at Welt here!
Nice, hopefully the weather's gonna be nice by then! What trip are you planning?
__________________
2013 M3 Coupe | Space Gray | Silver/Black/Black | Premium pkg | Heated seats | Carbon Trim | M DCT | Black Grills & Gills & Reflectors | 30% F1 | Xpel | O.Z. | Musicar Level III
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2013, 01:28 AM   #98
PetoM3
Private First Class
2
Rep
131
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEM View Post
I am picking mine up 04/22/2013 at welt.

GOOD LUCK ON YOURS,,,
Congrats!
__________________
2013 M3 Coupe | Space Gray | Silver/Black/Black | Premium pkg | Heated seats | Carbon Trim | M DCT | Black Grills & Gills & Reflectors | 30% F1 | Xpel | O.Z. | Musicar Level III
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2013, 08:18 AM   #99
alee0729
Lieutenant
alee0729's Avatar
5
Rep
423
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 E92 M3, 2001 E46 330Ci
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New York, NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetoM3 View Post
Nice, hopefully the weather's gonna be nice by then! What trip are you planning?
Munich
Salzburg, Austria (1 day trip)
Strasbourg, France (2 nights)
Berlin (3 nights)
Drop off in Frankfurt.

A few stops in between, but my goal is to hit 1200 miles on this trip so that my break-in service can be done when the car arrives at port.

Right now weather looks pretty good for pick-up day!
http://www.weather.com/weather/tenda...+GMXX0087:1:GM
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2013, 12:47 PM   #100
PetoM3
Private First Class
2
Rep
131
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alee0729 View Post
Munich
Salzburg, Austria (1 day trip)
Strasbourg, France (2 nights)
Berlin (3 nights)
Drop off in Frankfurt.

A few stops in between, but my goal is to hit 1200 miles on this trip so that my break-in service can be done when the car arrives at port.

Right now weather looks pretty good for pick-up day!
http://www.weather.com/weather/tenda...+GMXX0087:1:GM
Doing the same, leaving for Salzburg via German Alpine Road on Saturday, then stay in Vienna overnight. Here is a great info about the German Alpine road, if you're doing it, check out the great map at the bottom
http://www.yougosave.com/alpine.html

Yeah I really hope all snow is gone and will be nice and sunny.
__________________
2013 M3 Coupe | Space Gray | Silver/Black/Black | Premium pkg | Heated seats | Carbon Trim | M DCT | Black Grills & Gills & Reflectors | 30% F1 | Xpel | O.Z. | Musicar Level III
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:46 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST