BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > SPONSORS Classifieds/Groupbuys/Specials Area > Garage Tools / Supplies

BPM Sport

04-09-2013, 08:17 PM   #45
Fred@ReverseLogic
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: SL550

I sell the blocks with bolts (or "pins") without the stands for $32. You need to drill a 10mm hole through the center of the saddle to attach the bolts. It's not really practical to try to do this with a hand held drill. You need a drill press at a minimum, but, it's easier if you have access to a lathe.

If you send me the inner tubes from your jack stands I can drill the holes for $10 per pair the next time I have the lathe set-up to run a pallet full of jack stand tubes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0ME0 View Post
I already have the Torin Jack Stands. Anyway I can get just the risers with the jack adapter pieces built in? Let me know.
      04-09-2013, 08:22 PM   #46
1bad335
Captain

Drives: 2007 335I/ 2012 335I sportline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred@ReverseLogic View Post
I sell the blocks with bolts (or "pins") without the stands for $32. You need to drill a 10mm hole through the center of the saddle to attach the bolts. It's not really practical to try to do this with a hand held drill. You need a drill press at a minimum, but, it's easier if you have access to a lathe.

If you send me the inner tubes from your jack stands I can drill the holes for $10 per pair the next time I have the lathe set-up to run a pallet full of jack stand tubes.
Sorry Fred didn't mean to step on your toes. That's a great deal. May pick up the stands and all from you myself.
      04-09-2013, 08:24 PM   #47
1bad335
Captain

Quote:
I have a couple of less than perfect jack stands available for $90 including shipping. Typically these have more than the normal amount of scratches on the red outer tubes. They will also have blocks with minor imperfections like dust specs in the powder coating or nicks incurred during shipping and handling. Drop me a note if you are interested since I don't have the LTP pricing on the website.
Hey Fred you have any of the above left. If so, I would like a set. 90 is for 2 I assume?
      04-09-2013, 08:26 PM   #48
Fred@ReverseLogic

You can also get the blocks at our website without the auction tax.

http://www.reverselogic.us/shop.html...08&id=21024208

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bad335 View Post
      04-09-2013, 08:35 PM   #49
Fred@ReverseLogic

Yes. I have a couple of sets of blems. I usually end up with one or two pairs per pallet. I have been doing a lot of work on my website and shopping cart lately and have not gotten around to adding a shopping cart category for "blems" yet. If you want a set, let me know whether the blocks should be bolted on or "pinned" in place. I will need your e-mail address to send you a PayPal invoice.

Thanks for your interest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bad335 View Post
Hey Fred you have any of the above left. If so, I would like a set. 90 is for 2 I assume?
      04-09-2013, 08:39 PM   #50
1bad335
Captain

Quote:
Yes. I have a couple of sets of blems. I usually end up with one or two pairs per pallet. I have been doing a lot of work on my website and shopping cart lately and have not gotten around to adding a shopping cart category for "blems" yet. If you want a set, let me know whether the blocks should be bolted on or "pinned" in place. I will need your e-mail address to send you a PayPal invoice.

Thanks for your interest.
PM sent
      04-09-2013, 08:42 PM   #51
R0ME0
"Midas Touch"

Drives: E86 ///M

Quote:

When would the next run be if I sent my tubes in?
      04-09-2013, 08:57 PM   #52
Fred@ReverseLogic

Unfortunately, I just did a run of the tubes. So it would not be until sometime in May. Do you know how to disassemble the inner and outer tubes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0ME0 View Post
When would the next run be if I sent my tubes in?
      04-09-2013, 10:03 PM   #53
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello

Drives: 1999 528I

Garage List
awesome I just got these jacks not to long ago

EVOLVE BMW E92 M3
      05-23-2013, 12:17 PM   #54
Fred@ReverseLogic

I am planning to drill the holes in a batch of the inner tubes from the Torin Jack Stands during the week of 10-Jun-2013. If you send me a pair of the tubes from your existing jack stands, I will drill the holes in them and return them for $10/pair. This service is available to customers who are purchasing a set of the jack stand blocks.

You can find my addresses at the Contact Us page of my website.

http://www.reverselogic.us/contact-us.html

If you send the tubes via USPS use the mailing address.
If you send the tubes via UPS use the warehouse address.

Please send me a note before shipping the tubes so that I know to expect them. I will send you a PayPal invoice for the blocks and drilling service. Please specify either the blocks with pins, or blocks with bolts.

Quote:
Unfortunately, I just did a run of the tubes. So it would not be until sometime in May. Do you know how to disassemble the inner and outer tubes?
      05-27-2013, 10:25 PM   #55
White 13
Private First Class

Drives: A 2013 Alpine White E92

Can the two ton OTC aluminum jack stands be drilled to fit the block like the Torin?
      05-28-2013, 05:21 AM   #56
Fred@ReverseLogic

Yes. This modification can be made to Torin, OTC, Duralast, Blue Point (Snap-on), or Griot's Garage aluminum stands. Most, but, NOT all of these are made in the same factory. There are probably other brand names as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White 13 View Post
Can the two ton OTC aluminum jack stands be drilled to fit the block like the Torin?
      06-14-2013, 11:56 AM   #57
sterile stork
coupe la goon

Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Shot you an email!
sterile stork is offline   United_States
      07-11-2013, 10:23 PM   #58
tukluc
Private First Class

Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Awesome product!
tukluc is offline   India
      07-12-2013, 09:38 PM   #59
nuespeedgti
Captain

Drives: E90 M3

bought a set of jack stands, 72" ramps, and a wheel hanger. emailed fred at 10pm and received an almost immediate response. very pleased with doing business you with.

sal
nuespeedgti is offline   United_States
      07-20-2013, 09:25 AM   #60
Fred@ReverseLogic

ESCO 10498 jack stands are highly regarded and known for their sturdy design and flat top rubber padded saddle. In about 90 days Reverse Logic will be offering a new slightly smaller version of the 10498 stands. The model number will be 10499.

The 10498 stands have a minimum height of about 13" and a maximum height of about 21". The tripod legs are about 12" apart on the standard 10498 model. There are 5 holes in the solid steel post which are spaced about 50mm apart.

The stands that Reverse Logic will be selling are slightly smaller. The minimum height will be just under 11" and he maximum height will be just under 17". Basically, both the tripod legs and the post are cut down by about 2" each, which translates to a 2" reduction of the minimum height and a 4" reduction of the maximum height. The tripod legs will be about 10" apart on this shortened stand. The other change we are making is adding a second hole in the outer tube for the locking pin. So even though there are only 4 holes in the shortened post, there will be 7 distinct positions corresponding to 25mm increments.

For vehicles with jack points just behind the front wheels and just ahead of the rear wheels, it's not necessary to have a very high jack stand to get the wheels off the ground. The 13" minimum height of the 10498 stands is higher than what's needed on an M3.

Pricing for the new jack stands will be about the same as the current stands since there is relatively little difference in material cost. Perhaps once the volume of the shortened stand increases the pricing will be revisited.

Reverse Logic is also planning to offer an optional post with one of our jack pad blocks attached to the top. This option will work with both the existing 10498 stands and the new 10499 stands. With this option the jack stands can be positioned inside the jack point pocket on BMWs. The block we will use is the same one currently being used with our modified Torin T43004 stands.
Attached Images

Last edited by Fred@ReverseLogic; 08-06-2013 at 10:31 PM.
Fred@ReverseLogic is offline   United_States
      09-06-2013, 11:29 PM   #61
DrGadget
Second Lieutenant

Drives: BMW 123d

Removing allow wheels

I found reverselogic.us' tools invaluable. But you do need a mallet if the alloys are frozen to the hubs.
Attached Images

09-07-2013, 06:44 AM   #62
Fred@ReverseLogic

Suggestion when using a mallet....

When removing your wheels you should determine whether or not the wheel is frozen to the hub BEFORE completely removing all of the lug bolts. I recommend loosening the lug bolts about 3 turns and then if necessary use the mallet to free the wheel from the hub. If you remove all of the lug bolts completely and then start beating on the tire with the mallet, you risk knocking the tire off the hub and damaging the face of the wheel as it falls to the ground. Don't ask me how I know this...

Once the wheel is lose on the hub you can replace one of the bolts with the lug bolt guide tool and then remove the remaining four bolts and the wheel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGadget View Post
I found reverselogic.us' tools invaluable. But you do need a mallet if the alloys are frozen to the hubs.

Last edited by Fred@ReverseLogic; 09-07-2013 at 02:39 PM.
Fred@ReverseLogic is offline   United_States
      09-08-2013, 08:04 PM   #63
DrGadget
Second Lieutenant

Drives: BMW 123d

Quote:
When removing your wheels you should determine whether or not the wheel is frozen to the hub BEFORE completely removing all of the lug bolts. I recommend loosening the lug bolts about 3 turns and then if necessary use the mallet to free the wheel from the hub. If you remove all of the lug bolts completely and then start beating on the tire with the mallet, you risk knocking the tire off the hub and damaging the face of the wheel as it falls to the ground. Don't ask me how I know this...

Once the wheel is lose on the hub you can replace one of the bolts with the lug bolt guide tool and then remove the remaining four bolts and the wheel.
Exactly what I did thanks to your very detailed instructions ... and you do need to wire brush the hub and rub a little penetrating oil onto the hub, and only the hub.
Many thanks
      09-18-2013, 08:20 AM   #64
Fred@ReverseLogic

Drilling inner tubes of Torin T43004 jack stands

I will be receiving another pallet load of Torin jack stands and drilling 10mm holes in the saddle for mounting the aluminum blocks. We drill the holes using a lathe which is both safe and accurate. If any forum members want to have the saddles on their existing stands drilled to accept the blocks you can send just the inner tubes to me and I will return the tubes along with a set of the blocks. We charge a nominal $10 for drilling a pair of tubes and the blocks are an additional $31.95.

I expect to drill the saddles around the first week of October. Please do not send the entire set of jack stands. Also, please e-mail a note to give me a heads up if you plan to take advantage of this offer.
      09-18-2013, 05:57 PM   #65
Mac B
Enlisted Member

Drives: 530D SE saloon (F10) LCI

[quote=Geauxkart;12344647]Yup! Using the standard cheap HF aluminum race jack... Z4M Coupe
4 - If more front clearance is required, jack the front center point, and raise both jack stands in the front.

Can anybody tell me where the front centre jacking point is on an F10?

Thanks
Mac B is offline   England
      09-23-2013, 03:45 PM   #66
Mac B
Enlisted Member

Drives: 530D SE saloon (F10) LCI

[quote=Mac B;14686275]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geauxkart View Post
Yup! Using the standard cheap HF aluminum race jack... Z4M Coupe
4 - If more front clearance is required, jack the front center point, and raise both jack stands in the front.

Can anybody tell me where the front centre jacking point is on an F10?

Thanks
Bump!
Mac B is offline   England