BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

Racewerkz Engineering

03-26-2013, 05:39 PM   #23
whats77inaname
Native Texan

Drives: when at all possible

C'mon, guys, can we keep this on topic, please?
whats77inaname is offline   United_States
      03-26-2013, 10:59 PM   #24
Longbow64
_______

Drives: 09 E90 M3, 13 X3 35i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by tightie View Post
I didn't experience it, many people I know have. Ever since I posted that, I even had current VF customers PM'ing me telling me about their experience.

I have people blowing up my PM box asking me to tell them what I know. It's common knowledge, it just isn't spoke about on a internet forum. Just use Google.

Maybe VF should help out their current customers who are running their kit and have faced some difficulties. Hey, I know every company isn't perfect but leaving your customers out in the dry..... I don't know how much longer that will work before people start loosing their cool and posting about it online.

I appreciate that Robert has reached out to me by sending me a message trying to find out what my issue was with VF but I think he should focus on his current customer's headaches rather then getting new business.
The strange thing is that I searched the vendor review section and googled VF Engineering and didn't see any bad reviews. I guess we'll all keep guessing. Anyone?

'09 E90 M3 | VF620 SC tuned and coded by BPM | KW V3 | ARC Wheels w/AD08 | OnEighty Lights | AA Signature Exhaust | BMW Performance and IND trim | Recaro Profi and child seats
'13 35i M-Sport X3 | JB4 Stage 1 | BMS Intake | H&R Springs | Gloss black grill | CF Wrap and Coded by me
      03-26-2013, 11:01 PM   #25
Chriskm3
Colonel

Drives: M3

Tighttie. I don't understand one thing. Your statement is very direct and biased but yet based on what you heard and not personally experienced. Simply Hearsay. Let the Vf supercharger owners deal with Vf directly and if any issue has not been resolved I'm sure they would make a full out statement on the forum.
Vf does not offer discounts or incentives for members for not posting experiences, so please give us a little faith in us , the end user, In deciding if vf or any other product is properly designed and equally build.i have not seen anyone come forth about major unresolved issues as of yet. I personally know that a major competitor had to replace a v3 blower within weeks of purchase due to issues but no one is accusing them of performing at a lesser level than expected. So let the current and future Vf owners take part in the true vf experiece and base their opinion on facts they can expose.
Not on stories that you may heard of and can Not elaborate on. Thanks.

Last edited by Chriskm3; 03-26-2013 at 11:19 PM.
Chriskm3 is offline   Canada
      03-27-2013, 01:54 AM   #26
tightie
JOSH SHOKRI.

Drives: 2015 F80 YMB M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [3.95]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriskm3 View Post
Tighttie. I don't understand one thing. Your statement is very direct and biased but yet based on what you heard and not personally experienced. Simply Hearsay. Let the Vf supercharger owners deal with Vf directly and if any issue has not been resolved I'm sure they would make a full out statement on the forum.
Vf does not offer discounts or incentives for members for not posting experiences, so please give us a little faith in us , the end user, In deciding if vf or any other product is properly designed and equally build.i have not seen anyone come forth about major unresolved issues as of yet. I personally know that a major competitor had to replace a v3 blower within weeks of purchase due to issues but no one is accusing them of performing at a lesser level than expected. So let the current and future Vf owners take part in the true vf experiece and base their opinion on facts they can expose.
Not on stories that you may heard of and can Not elaborate on. Thanks.
Simply Hearsay? Here.
One of my PMs from yesterday:

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx
You right about vf.... i have there vf kit and i had lots of problem when them , bad customer service .......i will post a review after they correct my problem. If i put them on blast now who knows if they will help me
Don't believe everything VF tells you buddy. Don't believe me yet? I'll upload screen shots if needed.
15 YMB F80 M3 | iND Painted Front Reflectors, Painted Side Marker Set, Rear Painted Emblem & Front Grill Surround | Gintani Downpipes | H&R Super Sport Springs | Macht Schnell Stud Conversion Kit + Spacers | JB4 | Too many wheels to list
*Track Day: October 17 @ Willow Springs Raceway
tightie is offline   United_States
      03-27-2013, 10:42 AM   #27
Mike Benvo
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: 08 E90 M3 / 400whp Turbo 7

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [5.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [5.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Benvo
There's two (or more) sides to every story.

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Mike Benvo is offline   United_States
      03-27-2013, 05:35 PM   #28
Chriskm3
Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by tightie View Post
Simply Hearsay? Here.
One of my PMs from yesterday:

Don't believe everything VF tells you buddy. Don't believe me yet? I'll upload screen shots if needed.
I have a Vf kit. Car running strong. Your email has insuffient data to bash a product. No description what's so ever. Until the original poster steps up I'm sorry but your comments are pointless.
If I'm not mistaken once the kit is developed and goes inno production each kit contains identical parts for our cars. So if my kit is running strong and other members that wrote reviews in this kit were also satisfied then one should consider other faults such as proper instlation, and the cars health prior to the upgrade. I have changed few parts to make sure my kit runs strong. And Vf software is bulletproof.
Vf supercharger + tune/H&R coils/ Akra evolution exhaust/Volk te37/ Rs-3 tires/ Brembos /TIal BOV/ OSS blacked out headlights/LUX v3/Led taillights/ Challenge Front lip/ P3 vent gauge/ F10 m5 shift mob/Matte black front grills/ And a funky air fresher
      03-27-2013, 06:14 PM   #29
VF-Engineering

Drives: E92 M3

Thank you all for taking an interest in our E9XM3 supercharger products. We are always available by email and phone to keep an open communication with our customers and help with any of their concerns. As with any business selling a technical product designed to be compatible with other products, technical issues of various nature can arise.

We provide technical support to our customers that contact us for assistance to resolve their issues and queries. In some cases, if we have made a mistake, take a corrective action and work with the customer to provide a solution they are happy with. There may be the odd situation in which more than one issue compounds a problem and the solutions may take longer. If any existing customers are unhappy with our customer service, we actively invite them to contact us directly using the contact info on our website or the information in my signature below.
      03-27-2013, 06:42 PM   #30
VCMpower
Banned

Drives: 2010 Dakar, 2013 Fire Orange

Indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Benvo View Post
There's two (or more) sides to every story.
VCMpower is offline   Canada
      03-27-2013, 07:01 PM   #31
VF-Engineering

Update!

The car was prepped and teardown began:

on the racks

10 points to whoever can name all the VF parts installed in this pic so far:
      03-27-2013, 07:20 PM   #32
phrozen06
NA V8

Drives: 01 330ci, 08 M3 DCT, 08 VW R32

definitely a game changer.
      03-27-2013, 09:42 PM   #33
SHADY1
Hamann M3 Fan

Drives: 2008 E92 Jerez Black M3

Garage List
Talking Alright more pics

Looking good so far, I can almost picture my car on that lift already

JZB,6MT, My mods 360 Forged 20inch wheels,VF650 Supercharger,SPEC Super Twin Disk Clutch,Hamann CF roof spoiler,H&R springs,CF grills,Hamann rear trunk spoiler,Hamann Side Skirts, ARKYM full CF bumper, Gintani Race exhaust, AA X-pipe catless,RPI scoops,AA SSK, Arkym CF Double Sided Vented Hood,Arkym CF rear Diffuser
SHADY1 is offline   United_States
      03-27-2013, 10:42 PM   #34
SouthShoreM3
Passes everything but the gas station

Drives: 2010 E90 M3

This owner is going to be very happy with their kit. I have had an excellent experience and my car is running healthier than ever. I take great care of my car and prior to installing the SC in December of last year, I made sure a complete check of all engine internals were done prior to installing.

The car runs healthier than ever and the software even helped cure some strange throttle response that I was having with software from a well well established BmW aftermarket software/performance tuner.

The 540 kit is a great addition for this car and by the sound of the OP and the cars he owns, he is doing this merely to enjoy the added driving pleasure of an already well rounded drivers car.

I have known owners who have bought other tuner kits out there that have a great reputation as well, but it does come down to how the car was prior handled or treated in some instances and how it was installed.

Good luck to the owner and enjoy in good and safe fun!!
SouthShoreM3 is offline   United_States
      03-28-2013, 06:00 AM   #35
pbonsalb
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 08 E90 M3, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthShoreM3 View Post

prior to installing the SC in December of last year, I made sure a complete check of all engine internals were done prior to installing.
That must have been a whopping engine disassembly and reassembly bill.
      04-08-2013, 05:19 PM   #36
VF-Engineering

UPDATE:

Main bracket assembly going in

Designed for strength and rigidity

The infamous support bracket that functions as a spacer.

OEM mounting points

Other end of support bracket mounted to OEM mounting point.

Belt routing and Exhaust up next...
      04-09-2013, 09:48 AM   #37
SHADY1
Hamann M3 Fan

Drives: 2008 E92 Jerez Black M3

Garage List
Talking Finally back on track more pics

My M3 should be getting the same treatment at VF next week with a Special MFest Limited Edition VF540 supercharger. Going to make the drive from Central Texas to SoCal and drop the car off at VF for install . Maybe they might post a few pics of my car on here as well when they do the install.

JZB,6MT, My mods 360 Forged 20inch wheels,VF650 Supercharger,SPEC Super Twin Disk Clutch,Hamann CF roof spoiler,H&R springs,CF grills,Hamann rear trunk spoiler,Hamann Side Skirts, ARKYM full CF bumper, Gintani Race exhaust, AA X-pipe catless,RPI scoops,AA SSK, Arkym CF Double Sided Vented Hood,Arkym CF rear Diffuser
SHADY1 is offline   United_States
      04-09-2013, 09:55 AM   #38
pbonsalb
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 08 E90 M3, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

Tear down on March 27 and main bracket does not go in until April 8?
      04-09-2013, 09:58 AM   #39
kwike92
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2009 m3 coupe | 2011 STi

May I ask who the famous musician is?
      04-09-2013, 03:22 PM   #40
VF-Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
Tear down on March 27 and main bracket does not go in until April 8?
It's not live per request of owner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwike92 View Post
May I ask who the famous musician is?
It's not Justin Bieber...
      04-18-2013, 08:14 PM   #41
VF-Engineering

We'll be updating this build soon! Sorry for the lag on updates.

Here's a teaser of another VF540 Special Edition being installed for now:

If you like this topic, you may also be interested in:
Hex Flash User review
Hex Flash Sale by Sonic MS
VF540 Supercharger information
VF540 Supercharger VIP Build Journal
VF540 User review
VF540 to VF620 upgrade
VF540, VF620, VF650 Sale by VAC
VF620 M3 vs. supercharged CTS-V in Brazil
Track Build by Sonic MS VF620 M3
VF620 Review by Matt Farah
Custom intake manifolds
More Info
      04-18-2013, 08:26 PM   #42
SouthShoreM3
Passes everything but the gas station

Drives: 2010 E90 M3

Glad to see you guys are open VF. When I called saltier this week for update as to what you have found out about the cycling issues the admin at the front said power was out at your facility.

Shady enjoy the kit, but make sure you don't have any cycling issues when you go to get your sticker for inspection. I may be the only one having this issue, but please can I get some resolution as its been 19 days!!! I have 40 days left so hopefully we can close the books on this soon!

Enjoy the new power
SouthShoreM3 is offline   United_States
      04-18-2013, 08:37 PM   #43
Chriskm3
Colonel

I just had the 620 upgrade installed. I have to congratulate vf for designing a perfect interchangeable kit. Makes for easy upgrade from 540 to 620. Open opening the box I noticed that only parts in need of replacement was the pulley and belt from current 540 kit and the addition of inter cooler and heat exchanger with a water pump and a proprietary reservoir. I did notice the pulley is about 2 mm smaller which should equal in 1 psi increase but we will wait to verify with my p3 gauge. Once again Jeff and Robert many thanks.
Vf supercharger + tune/H&R coils/ Akra evolution exhaust/Volk te37/ Rs-3 tires/ Brembos /TIal BOV/ OSS blacked out headlights/LUX v3/Led taillights/ Challenge Front lip/ P3 vent gauge/ F10 m5 shift mob/Matte black front grills/ And a funky air fresher
      04-18-2013, 08:39 PM   #44
Longbow64
_______

Drives: 09 E90 M3, 13 X3 35i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by VF-Engineering View Post
Here's a teaser of another VF540 Special Edition being installed for now:
^MFEST! Texas to Vegas. One month away.

'09 E90 M3 | VF620 SC tuned and coded by BPM | KW V3 | ARC Wheels w/AD08 | OnEighty Lights | AA Signature Exhaust | BMW Performance and IND trim | Recaro Profi and child seats
'13 35i M-Sport X3 | JB4 Stage 1 | BMS Intake | H&R Springs | Gloss black grill | CF Wrap and Coded by me

Last edited by Longbow64; 04-18-2013 at 08:45 PM.