BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion
 
Lux Angel Eyes
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-02-2013, 09:01 PM   #23
ATX78703
Major
22
Rep
1,001
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 335i
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Austin, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Man
Looks like BMW is more an SUV company, than a sedan company lately. 3-series and 5-series both are down again.

Last month's sales figures: http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=810563
Exactly. Lets not be fooled here. Savs are literally dragging this company along now. Look at those car numbers minus the x1 and it is very disheartening.
__________________
2014 335i RWD: ZMM, ZDA, ZDH, ZPP, ZTP, 2NH, 2TB, 5DL; Z4A MPPK; AW ext / VB int

2014 ML350: P01, R33, 297, 319, 846, 864, 889, 996; LB ext / AB int
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2013, 11:04 PM   #24
ToyotaBMW
Lieutenant
4
Rep
419
Posts

 
Drives: Whitetintedwindows
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

The real question how accurate are the numbers. If it is registered vehicles than not to bad but in the past BMW counts sales as long as it is off their hands even though it may be sitting on dealer lots. MB and Audi counts sales of only registered vehicles.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2013, 12:03 AM   #25
M3 Adjuster
Brigadier General
41
Rep
3,587
Posts

 
Drives: 1988 M3 gone .. 1M HERE!!
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Dallas, Tx

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Man
Looks like BMW is more an SUV company, than a sedan company lately. 3-series and 5-series both are down again.

Last month's sales figures: http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=810563
Hello,.....mcFly.. !!!

you are referring to the U.S market right?


Check Porsche sales..

Less than half of their sales (45 percent). are two doors. Guess they aren't a sports cars company anymore , lol.



http://m.prnewswire.com/news-releases/porsche-records-best-first-quarter-in-pcna-history-ytd-sales-up-34-percent-201081471.html
__________________
Lone Star BMW CCA Chapter president, Chief Driving Instructor
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2013, 03:59 PM   #26
Iron Man
Captain
Iron Man's Avatar
United_States
11
Rep
636
Posts

 
Drives: '13 128i Alpinweiß/Korallenrot
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Hello,.....mcFly.. !!!

you are referring to the U.S market right?


Check Porsche sales..

Less than half of their sales (45 percent). are two doors. Guess they aren't a sports cars company anymore , lol.



http://m.prnewswire.com/news-release...201081471.html

Last I checked the announcement was for US sales, or is that too obvious for you?

I don't really care what Porsche sales are, since they were never mentioned in this discussion. (By the way, a lot of Porsche enthusiasts are not too happy about them selling SUV's) Last I checked, this is a BMW website, not a Porsche one.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2013, 04:22 PM   #27
M3 Adjuster
Brigadier General
41
Rep
3,587
Posts

 
Drives: 1988 M3 gone .. 1M HERE!!
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Dallas, Tx

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Man View Post
Last I checked the announcement was for US sales, or is that too obvious for you?

I don't really care what Porsche sales are, since they were never mentioned in this discussion. (By the way, a lot of Porsche enthusiasts are not too happy about them selling SUV's) Last I checked, this is a BMW website, not a Porsche one.

only as obvious as the fact that probably every manufacturer that sells both cars and SUVs in this country is selling trucks at a greater rate of change than cars. BMW, Porsche... MINI... you pick a name. they are all selling more and more SUVS/SAVS because that's what the american market demands. (duh!) And just because this is a BMW forum doesn't mean I can't use an example of another marque to show you what's what..
__________________
Lone Star BMW CCA Chapter president, Chief Driving Instructor
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2013, 04:52 PM   #28
Iron Man
Captain
Iron Man's Avatar
United_States
11
Rep
636
Posts

 
Drives: '13 128i Alpinweiß/Korallenrot
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
only as obvious as the fact that probably every manufacturer that sells both cars and SUVs in this country is selling trucks at a greater rate of change than cars. BMW, Porsche... MINI... you pick a name. they are all selling more and more SUVS/SAVS because that's what the american market demands. (duh!) And just because this is a BMW forum doesn't mean I can't use an example of another marque to show you what's what..
As I said, I don't care about other manufacturer's sales. My statement was more to the fact their sedan sales are dropping pretty dramatically, so I was calling them a SUV company sarcastically. (DUH!)

By the way, I see why Porsche has to do it pretty much to stay in business, and in case you did not notice, their two door sports car sales were all up dramatically with the new 911 and Cayman/Boxster, so they are going up, while BMW sedan sales are dropping. Also, the Panamera is a sports sedan that reinforces their sporting heritage, so more than 50% of their sales are sports cars/sports sedans. I like how you conveniently quoted % of sales with respect to the number of doors, ignoring the Panamera.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 02:58 PM   #29
M3 Adjuster
Brigadier General
41
Rep
3,587
Posts

 
Drives: 1988 M3 gone .. 1M HERE!!
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Dallas, Tx

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Man View Post
As I said, I don't care about other manufacturer's sales. My statement was more to the fact their sedan sales are dropping pretty dramatically, so I was calling them a SUV company sarcastically. (DUH!)

By the way, I see why Porsche has to do it pretty much to stay in business, and in case you did not notice, their two door sports car sales were all up dramatically with the new 911 and Cayman/Boxster, so they are going up, while BMW sedan sales are dropping. Also, the Panamera is a sports sedan that reinforces their sporting heritage, so more than 50% of their sales are sports cars/sports sedans. I like how you conveniently quoted % of sales with respect to the number of doors, ignoring the Panamera.
for someone who doesnt care about Porsche... you sure READ up a lot!


let's not forget that Porsche is rolling out some new SUVs as we speak.. so don;t expect that trend to last! And... I didn't manipulate any figures just forwarded an article.

Has it occurred to you that that the most recent vehicles that BMW has come out with are SUVS? X1.. new X3.. x5.. once 4 series coupe comes out along with the F20 1 series then BMW car sales will be on the rise again...

Also note how the BMW SAV lineup in the US undercuts their sedan siblings. the X1,and , X5 all have base prices lower than theirc coupe/sedan counterparts. I think we all know why the X3 is priced above the company cash cow, the 3 series sedan.. which actually gains a 320is model to further boost it's share in the import small sedan category. BMW wants to keep that recognition.

Oh.. and.. unfortunately the "sarcasm" in your post just didnt come through my friend. better luck next time.

PS... the moral of the story is the same. BMW is selling what the US market wants...and Porsche as well.
__________________
Lone Star BMW CCA Chapter president, Chief Driving Instructor

Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 04-10-2013 at 03:22 PM.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:20 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST