BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - New England
 
Lux Angel Eyes
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-29-2013, 10:16 PM   #331
leemik
Major
United_States
48
Rep
1,345
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 LRP M3 Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Quincy, MA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [4.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJM View Post
Mike: will you be at the Cars and Coffee on April 20th at the Larz with the new Lime Rock Park M3?
unfortunately I will not be at C&C.. I have a wedding to attend in NH on April 20th.. are you bringing the race car?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2013, 08:52 AM   #332
SouthShoreM3
Passes everything but the gas station
United_States
12
Rep
834
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 E90 M3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Boston, MA

iTrader: (2)

So irritated guys!! So my car has been at BMW for 4 days now just to get the damn inspection sticker. I have to swap my stock x pipe every year, which is becoming a huge pain in the ass.

I switched dealers from NORWOOD to Norwell, bc Norwell installed my SC.

They have had everything they need to flash the DME back and forth and get the Dinan x pipe back on the car.

They did not even do anything yesterday. Irritated because the one nice weekend I want to drive the car and now I won't have it period.

FYI the difference between a stock pipe and Dinan is night and day.

Car is embarrassingly quiet. I can hear the blower better, but that's about it.

I have heard Hondas with with a more aggressive sound! Even with the AA SIGNATURE axel back it is so quiet to me.

Just venting cause I want to drive the bloody thing
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2013, 11:48 AM   #333
Endless619
DHS
Endless619's Avatar
Spain
54
Rep
3,930
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 Range Rover Black Edition
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Disneyland

iTrader: (14)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthShoreM3 View Post
So irritated guys!! So my car has been at BMW for 4 days now just to get the damn inspection sticker. I have to swap my stock x pipe every year, which is becoming a huge pain in the ass.

I switched dealers from NORWOOD to Norwell, bc Norwell installed my SC.

They have had everything they need to flash the DME back and forth and get the Dinan x pipe back on the car.

They did not even do anything yesterday. Irritated because the one nice weekend I want to drive the car and now I won't have it period.

FYI the difference between a stock pipe and Dinan is night and day.

Car is embarrassingly quiet. I can hear the blower better, but that's about it.

I have heard Hondas with with a more aggressive sound! Even with the AA SIGNATURE axel back it is so quiet to me.

Just venting cause I want to drive the bloody thing
Honestly just move out of that congested area and a quieter car is much nicer than a "bees in a bag" Honda sound. As you get older you will not want that garbage sound unless you are driving a Ferrari or Lambo. Been there done that with my NSX, S2000, 350z, Z4MC, etc.

Inspection sticker like Hawaii? F that. Not worth my time. lol
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2013, 01:09 PM   #334
WingZeroX5
Major
WingZeroX5's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
1,188
Posts

 
Drives: 09 E90 M3
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New Hampshire

iTrader: (9)

Im on the road today maybe ill see some of y'all!

ETA: saw NO e90's on my way home, comon where are you all hiding? it was almost 60 today!
__________________

Last edited by WingZeroX5; 03-30-2013 at 06:49 PM.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2013, 08:16 PM   #335
SouthShoreM3
Passes everything but the gas station
United_States
12
Rep
834
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 E90 M3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Boston, MA

iTrader: (2)

Endless to each their own..I'm 32 and still love the sound..one of the many reasons I buy high performance cars. It was a joke about the Honda thing. I said it because it seemed so much quieter and it was. Certainly not upsetting the GF that's for sure.

Car went through 3 driving cycles and still not adapting to the code.

Oh well it was a beautiful day. Hit the golf course instead today. Not a bad round for the first time playing this year if any of you play
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2013, 08:37 PM   #336
Endless619
DHS
Endless619's Avatar
Spain
54
Rep
3,930
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 Range Rover Black Edition
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Disneyland

iTrader: (14)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthShoreM3 View Post
Endless to each their own..I'm 32 and still love the sound..one of the many reasons I buy high performance cars. It was a joke about the Honda thing. I said it because it seemed so much quieter and it was. Certainly not upsetting the GF that's for sure.

Car went through 3 driving cycles and still not adapting to the code.

Oh well it was a beautiful day. Hit the golf course instead today. Not a bad round for the first time playing this year if any of you play
Giving you a hard time. lol I know it was. I am few years older.

I don't like overly loud cars. Some of the exhausts sound great on this car don't get me wrong. I just like quiet sometimes more.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2013, 12:49 AM   #337
inter1032
Major
Italy
13
Rep
1,388
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 m3
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: boston

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthShoreM3 View Post
So irritated guys!! So my car has been at BMW for 4 days now just to get the damn inspection sticker. I have to swap my stock x pipe every year, which is becoming a huge pain in the ass.

I switched dealers from NORWOOD to Norwell, bc Norwell installed my SC.

They have had everything they need to flash the DME back and forth and get the Dinan x pipe back on the car.

They did not even do anything yesterday. Irritated because the one nice weekend I want to drive the car and now I won't have it period.

FYI the difference between a stock pipe and Dinan is night and day.

Car is embarrassingly quiet. I can hear the blower better, but that's about it.

I have heard Hondas with with a more aggressive sound! Even with the AA SIGNATURE axel back it is so quiet to me.

Just venting cause I want to drive the bloody thing
what s/c do you have?
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2013, 12:14 PM   #338
Savage_M3
Second Lieutenant
Savage_M3's Avatar
United_States
2
Rep
281
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 BMW M3 Sedan
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Boston

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyooooJay View Post
Do it! Do it! Do it!
ZCP's are back on. They make the car look like a completely different beast. My only gripe is that they take forever to get clean...
__________________
2011 M3 Sedan - Jerez Black, DCT, Comp, Navi, etc...
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2013, 12:33 PM   #339
DopeM3
M Power
DopeM3's Avatar
United_States
22
Rep
1,295
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NH

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage_M3 View Post
ZCP's are back on. They make the car look like a completely different beast. My only gripe is that they take forever to get clean...
Nice man! I still gotta get mine refinished, wanna get that first before putting them on there.

To clean them, use Sonax. To keep them clean, use armor wheel protectant
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2013, 12:53 PM   #340
pbonsalb
Lieutenant Colonel
21
Rep
1,796
Posts

 
Drives: 08 E90 M3, 99 E36 M3 Turbo
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Concord, NH

iTrader: (3)

Took off my snow wheels last week and had new tires put on my summer wheels. Now running 265/35/18 and 285/35/18 PSS on the ARC8 18 x 9.5 and 10.5. So far, I like them, but have less than 200 miles on them and like to wait until I have driven tires several hundred miles before assessing them.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2013, 05:17 PM   #341
LarThaL
Colonel
LarThaL's Avatar
65
Rep
2,634
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 M3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: West Springfield, MA

iTrader: (0)

Tis the season......

So here's a public service link for all NE M3 owners.....

http://newenglandcarshowcalendar.com/

Hope to meet up with some of you !!
__________________
Precision tool: 2011 BMW ///M3
Sledgehammer: 2014 Audi S6

Appreciate 0
      04-01-2013, 05:26 PM   #342
DopeM3
M Power
DopeM3's Avatar
United_States
22
Rep
1,295
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NH

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarThaL View Post
So here's a public service link for all NE M3 owners.....

http://newenglandcarshowcalendar.com/

Hope to meet up with some of you !!
Are you the owner of the site?
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2013, 05:43 PM   #343
inter1032
Major
Italy
13
Rep
1,388
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 m3
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: boston

iTrader: (0)

not on that list but theres cruise night at the liberty tree mall in danvers on wednesdays which im sure will be starting up soon. not many euro cars though
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2013, 08:21 PM   #344
Savage_M3
Second Lieutenant
Savage_M3's Avatar
United_States
2
Rep
281
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 BMW M3 Sedan
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Boston

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by inter1032 View Post
not on that list but theres cruise night at the liberty tree mall in danvers on wednesdays which im sure will be starting up soon. not many euro cars though
Sounds like fun. I work nearby, so I'd be interested assuming I can get out of work early enough...
__________________
2011 M3 Sedan - Jerez Black, DCT, Comp, Navi, etc...
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2013, 01:48 PM   #345
SouthShoreM3
Passes everything but the gas station
United_States
12
Rep
834
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 E90 M3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Boston, MA

iTrader: (2)

So I still do not have the car back from trying to get an inspection sticker. The cars O2 sensors will not adapt to the car at all with this driving cycles.

The SC is VF. They have been great through the whole process from the beginning. Unfortunately they have never seen this happen so they are trying to replicate the problem.

So frustrating when the car is in as stock for as it can be and is having issues. When the Dinan x pipe is on I never have problems!

Stupid MA and these O2 sensor readiness files!!!

Thanks Endless I think will all this none sense I have been on edge for sure.

I just want that car out of there and I'm worried to see the bill for this that's for sure!

Everytime I go see the car I see another small scratch from someone rubbing up or looking at it too closely and I just did an entire paint correction on the car.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2013, 02:29 PM   #346
WingZeroX5
Major
WingZeroX5's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
1,188
Posts

 
Drives: 09 E90 M3
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New Hampshire

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage_M3 View Post
ZCP's are back on. They make the car look like a completely different beast. My only gripe is that they take forever to get clean...
clean them real well and put armor all wheel protectant over it
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2013, 08:08 PM   #347
LarThaL
Colonel
LarThaL's Avatar
65
Rep
2,634
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 M3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: West Springfield, MA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyooooJay View Post
Are you the owner of the site?
nope
__________________
Precision tool: 2011 BMW ///M3
Sledgehammer: 2014 Audi S6

Appreciate 0
      04-02-2013, 09:41 PM   #348
MJM
BMW CCA Boston Chapter - Member
MJM's Avatar
United_States
7
Rep
514
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3, ZCP
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Massachusetts

iTrader: (0)

leemik
Quote:
unfortunately I will not be at C&C.. I have a wedding to attend in NH on April 20th.. are you bringing the race car?
Mike: I think you have me mixed-up with someone else. Here is what I drive.

I hope to see/meet you all at the Cars and Coffee on April 20th.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2013, 08:42 AM   #349
Savage_M3
Second Lieutenant
Savage_M3's Avatar
United_States
2
Rep
281
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 BMW M3 Sedan
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Boston

iTrader: (1)

Looks tight! What exhaust is that?
__________________
2011 M3 Sedan - Jerez Black, DCT, Comp, Navi, etc...
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2013, 09:57 AM   #350
jmh
Internet Crash Test Dummy
jmh's Avatar
United_States
15
Rep
924
Posts

 
Drives: F10 M5/F32 435xi
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Under a rock in NH

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage_M3 View Post
Looks tight! What exhaust is that?
I believe it's the Akrapovic with Titanium tips.
I won't be able to make C&C on the 20th
__________________
13 F10 M5 Individual / Brilliant White / Extended/Full Cohiba Brown (Exec/Driver/B&O/20") / A few Euro add-ons / Stealth K40 / Upgraded B&O / ///M Performance Carbon Interior Trim / Color matched side and front grills (lightly tinted LEDs) / Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust / Hartge Springs / HRE S107
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2013, 06:21 PM   #351
MJM
BMW CCA Boston Chapter - Member
MJM's Avatar
United_States
7
Rep
514
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3, ZCP
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Massachusetts

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
it's the Akrapovic with Titanium tips.
I won't be able to make C&C...
JMH is correct, Akrapovic with Polished Titanium Tips (standard are brushed finish). Also Challenge Engineering "Street" X-Pipe.

JMH we will miss you and the M5!!
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2013, 08:22 PM   #352
DopeM3
M Power
DopeM3's Avatar
United_States
22
Rep
1,295
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NH

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmh View Post
I believe it's the Akrapovic with Titanium tips.
I won't be able to make C&C on the 20th
You're car is beautiful! and that is an understatement
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:03 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST