BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

ESS Tuning

04-02-2013, 12:59 AM   #23
Denk
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: E92 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325rider View Post
so you're saying. opt for the extra .3" of travel given by the e36m bumpstop VS. OEM e9x bumpstop... just to clarify
Well almost, gotta shave some of the spring perch too if you wanna get all of the stock travel back. Whether or not you'd notice is another story. From experience when I was dropped on H&R and Eibach's w/o any other mods, the ride was bouncy, more so on the H&R's. When I went a Dinan Stage 1 the ride was superb as was my last eibach with shaved mounts and e36 bumpstops. Made a believer out of me, truth is in the pudding.
Denk is online now   United_States
      04-02-2013, 01:11 AM   #24
325rider
Zyzz Follower

Drives: '11 e90 M3 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denk View Post
Well almost, gotta shave some of the spring perch too if you wanna get all of the stock travel back. Whether or not you'd notice is another story. From experience when I was dropped on H&R and Eibach's w/o any other mods, the ride was bouncy, more so on the H&R's. When I went a Dinan Stage 1 the ride was superb as was my last eibach with shaved mounts and e36 bumpstops. Made a believer out of me, truth is in the pudding.
Okay. Ill probably just go with the e36 m3 front bump stops. Im unaware as to the proper procedure, depth, and "safety" measures to take when shaving the spring perch (thought it was the upper strut mount anyways)

One last thing, do you have to change the REAR SHOCK MOUNT or modify it for the .6" rear drop? Or is the shock going to be okay with that.

Lastly, is it true the ZCP cars with eibach springs will sit lower than non ZCP cars with eibach springs? I heard some perches or mounts are thinner. If you could clarify i would greatly appreciate it.
325rider is offline   United_States
      04-02-2013, 01:41 AM   #25
Denk
Lieutenant Colonel

I think you'd be fine with just the e36 bumpstops and Eibachs. I've never heard of any complaints going that route. I just went all out with shaved mounts too. No need to mess with the rear.
      04-02-2013, 01:43 AM   #26
Denk
Lieutenant Colonel

I can't comment on ZCP, I've always favored the civic model.
      04-02-2013, 09:06 AM   #27
325rider
Zyzz Follower

Drives: '11 e90 M3 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denk View Post
I can't comment on ZCP, I've always favored the civic model.
lol @ civic model. MY car has 0 options. cloth, no sunny, no drive, no edc. I hate when I read threads and ppl are like, "my cars light/low options, just edc and moonroof" ...... okay?

Stripper Pride

But I'll give it to the optioners, my car would be boss as a ZCP with extended leather
325rider is offline   United_States
+1