BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-28-2013, 04:27 PM   #1233
Jive
First Lieutenant
11

 
Jive's Avatar
 
Drives: my gf crazy
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: San Francisco, CA


Posts: 348
iTrader: (0)

What do you guys think is a fair deal for the following car as is: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/3704139917.html

$45k? $46k? Asking? I am unsure what 2010s in the private market are going for.

Last edited by Jive; 03-28-2013 at 05:09 PM.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2013, 07:41 PM   #1234
Techjunkie666
First Lieutenant
9

 
Techjunkie666's Avatar
 
Drives: X5D SAV
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Tx


Posts: 389
iTrader: (2)

When purchased: 3/15/2013
Year and Model: 2009 E90 CPO (space grey)
Miles: 41K
Options: Every option except power rear shades
Transmission: DCT

paid $45K
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2013, 04:45 PM   #1235
Vanmarsenille
In On The Kill Taker
United_States
6

 
Vanmarsenille's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 E93 M3; 2010 E92 335i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: TX


Posts: 208
iTrader: (0)

When purchased: 3/30/13
Year and Model: 2013 E93 CPO
Miles: 6K
Options: everything except power shades and EDC
Transmission: DCT

paid $74K OTD
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2013, 12:36 AM   #1236
Johndong888
John
United_States
27

 
Johndong888's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 AW/FR M3 & '14 F15 X5
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Cherry Hill, NJ


Posts: 792
iTrader: (8)

Send a message via Skype™ to Johndong888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanmarsenille
When purchased: 3/30/13
Year and Model: 2013 E93 CPO
Miles: 6K
Options: everything except power shades and EDC
Transmission: DCT

paid $74K OTD
Damn...... Isn't that a bit high? I mean I guess it's okay since it's CPO
__________________

Current - 2012 AW/FR E92 M3 - DCT w EDC, ZPP w Tech, Apps, Enhanced Sound, SAT.
Mods - BPMTune Stg1 + Servo, Piano Black, Euro Visors, OEM Performance CF Spoiler + Grills + Pedals, IND Gloss Blk Pkg, Umnitza V4, ModeCarbon GTS V1 Lip, 19" HRE P40
Sold - 2008 BSM/Black E92 335i - Step, Premium, Sports, Logic7, Comfort, Navi, SAT, Alum.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2013, 02:00 PM   #1237
Vanmarsenille
In On The Kill Taker
United_States
6

 
Vanmarsenille's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 E93 M3; 2010 E92 335i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: TX


Posts: 208
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johndong888 View Post
Damn...... Isn't that a bit high? I mean I guess it's okay since it's CPO
I wasn't totally happy with the deal, but my wife really wanted the car. It took almost an entire day to get them that low, though. They initially wanted $75k with no CPO and we eventually settled on $74k with CPO. Having said that, it is basically a new car, with manufacturers warranty until the end of 2016 and CPO after that, and only 6k miles....plus it did have all of the options we wanted, and it was local too.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2013, 02:26 PM   #1238
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
173

 
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Francisco


Posts: 8,517
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johndong888 View Post
Damn...... Isn't that a bit high? I mean I guess it's okay since it's CPO
aren't ppl getting below invoice on new E93s? So it's a bit high, oh well, some win, some loose...
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2013, 02:37 PM   #1239
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
173

 
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Francisco


Posts: 8,517
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive View Post
What do you guys think is a fair deal for the following car as is: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/3704139917.html

$45k? $46k? Asking? I am unsure what 2010s in the private market are going for.
$47k is way too high for the mileage.

$46.5 would be fair for both sides. If I were advising either the seller or the buyer, i would do this transaction at this price.

$45.5k would be a great deal for the buyer if you can get it from a dealer, with dealer making money, but private sellers have different cost structures
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2013, 04:41 PM   #1240
Johndong888
John
United_States
27

 
Johndong888's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 AW/FR M3 & '14 F15 X5
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Cherry Hill, NJ


Posts: 792
iTrader: (8)

Send a message via Skype™ to Johndong888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanmarsenille View Post
I wasn't totally happy with the deal, but my wife really wanted the car. It took almost an entire day to get them that low, though. They initially wanted $75k with no CPO and we eventually settled on $74k with CPO. Having said that, it is basically a new car, with manufacturers warranty until the end of 2016 and CPO after that, and only 6k miles....plus it did have all of the options we wanted, and it was local too.
Well you did say it was 74k OTD so that should bring the sticker to roughly 69k. I believe CPO fees for M3 is 5k (based on 2yr extended gold warranty from bmw) but because it's a newer car, I am sure it didn't need anything but the fees still stands. So before all that, you're probably looking at 64k for that car + TTL. It's actually not so bad since it's what you wanted and like you said, closer to your location. Just that OTD made it seem so high lol
__________________

Current - 2012 AW/FR E92 M3 - DCT w EDC, ZPP w Tech, Apps, Enhanced Sound, SAT.
Mods - BPMTune Stg1 + Servo, Piano Black, Euro Visors, OEM Performance CF Spoiler + Grills + Pedals, IND Gloss Blk Pkg, Umnitza V4, ModeCarbon GTS V1 Lip, 19" HRE P40
Sold - 2008 BSM/Black E92 335i - Step, Premium, Sports, Logic7, Comfort, Navi, SAT, Alum.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2013, 09:21 AM   #1241
ssedha
Second Lieutenant
8

 
Drives: 12' 335is; 14' Audi S4 P+
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Houston, TX


Posts: 281
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsv77 View Post
Purchased 2/5/13
2012 e92 MW
Black Extended Novillo
Prem
DCT
Competition
Heated Seats
Rear Sunshade
2,300 miles
$57k

Thrilled!
Was this OUT THE DOOR? Or excluding tax/title etc.?
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2013, 10:11 AM   #1242
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
173

 
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Francisco


Posts: 8,517
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssedha View Post
Was this OUT THE DOOR? Or excluding tax/title etc.?
likely excluding taxes, but including all fees...most ppl don't quote taxes b/c it varies by region.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2013, 10:48 AM   #1243
ssedha
Second Lieutenant
8

 
Drives: 12' 335is; 14' Audi S4 P+
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Houston, TX


Posts: 281
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post
likely excluding taxes, but including all fees...most ppl don't quote taxes b/c it varies by region.
Understood! I'm in a dilemma here. I was all set for a new F30 AH3. Then I started looking at used M3s... A conundrum I did not need
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2013, 11:02 AM   #1244
fuddman
Captain
14

 
Drives: 528-maybe
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: California


Posts: 696
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssedha View Post
Understood! I'm in a dilemma here. I was all set for a new F30 AH3. Then I started looking at used M3s... A conundrum I did not need
AH3= Active hybrid? You can't decide between a hybrid and an M3?
Let me help. Follow your heart (M3) and forget about what your brain is telling you (AH3).
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2013, 11:09 AM   #1245
ssedha
Second Lieutenant
8

 
Drives: 12' 335is; 14' Audi S4 P+
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Houston, TX


Posts: 281
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuddman View Post
AH3= Active hybrid? You can't decide between a hybrid and an M3?
Let me help. Follow your heart (M3) and forget about what your brain is telling you (AH3).
Haha. Yes. The Active Hybrid. My conundrum comes because as much as I want the M3, my brain is still saying I should wait for the new one. So as a consolation, I'm thinking a 2-yr lease on the AH3, then follow my dream of an M3 ED...

But yes, you have helped tremendously (no sarcasm)... Glad I got another vote with my heart
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2013, 08:10 AM   #1246
Gsv77
Enlisted Member
3

 
Drives: 2012 MW e92 ZCP
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Austin, Texas


Posts: 35
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssedha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsv77 View Post
Purchased 2/5/13
2012 e92 MW
Black Extended Novillo
Prem
DCT
Competition
Heated Seats
Rear Sunshade
2,300 miles
$57k

Thrilled!
Was this OUT THE DOOR? Or excluding tax/title etc.?
This was before taxes, but I traded in my 08e92 so only paid our 6.25% Texas sales tax on around 20k, or about $1,200.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2013, 10:44 AM   #1247
Dub A
Dub A
United_States
12

 
Drives: e92 IB
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: San Jose, CA


Posts: 207
iTrader: (0)

Guys - miss my m3 so looking to get back into one.

Found an e92 2010, 47k miles, dct, speed cloth (i think) seats, tech, 220s.

They are asking $43k. I'm trying to shoot for $37k. Am I way off?

It's a BMW dealer. Warranty till dec. 13, non CPO.
__________________
2009 e92 m3 IB - Matte Grills/Gills, Lux v3, KW Sleeve, Akra
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2013, 05:01 PM   #1248
gatorfast
Colonel
61

 
gatorfast's Avatar
 
Drives: MR E90 M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SoFla


Posts: 2,631
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asifali14 View Post
Guys - miss my m3 so looking to get back into one.

Found an e92 2010, 47k miles, dct, speed cloth (i think) seats, tech, 220s.

They are asking $43k. I'm trying to shoot for $37k. Am I way off?

It's a BMW dealer. Warranty till dec. 13, non CPO.
Why not just make a offer and see what happens.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2013, 05:33 PM   #1249
Dub A
Dub A
United_States
12

 
Drives: e92 IB
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: San Jose, CA


Posts: 207
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast
Quote:
Originally Posted by asifali14 View Post
Guys - miss my m3 so looking to get back into one.

Found an e92 2010, 47k miles, dct, speed cloth (i think) seats, tech, 220s.

They are asking $43k. I'm trying to shoot for $37k. Am I way off?

It's a BMW dealer. Warranty till dec. 13, non CPO.
Why not just make a offer and see what happens.
Made an offer of $37k and they laughed. Lol

The car has been sitting on their lot of 4 months. WTH
__________________
2009 e92 m3 IB - Matte Grills/Gills, Lux v3, KW Sleeve, Akra
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2013, 08:51 AM   #1250
bga23
Dirty old man
17

 
Drives: 2011.99 e90 Alpine White
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Yeah, but it is a dry heat


Posts: 475
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asifali14 View Post
Made an offer of $37k and they laughed. Lol

The car has been sitting on their lot of 4 months. WTH
Screw em and move on to another car.
__________________
2012 Ford Raptor
2011 AW e90 - Sold
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2013, 01:45 PM   #1251
gatorfast
Colonel
61

 
gatorfast's Avatar
 
Drives: MR E90 M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SoFla


Posts: 2,631
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asifali14 View Post
Made an offer of $37k and they laughed. Lol

The car has been sitting on their lot of 4 months. WTH
Keep searching. Some dealers just dont like negotiating.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2013, 04:37 PM   #1252
track_warrior
Captain
United_States
42

 
track_warrior's Avatar
 
Drives: F-31 328d M-Performance
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: San Antonio, TX


Posts: 698
iTrader: (1)

Bought it in November 2012 from a porsche dealer

Car: Late 2011 BMW M3 DCT Mineral White leather with nav & oem 19 inch wheels
Milage: 18k
Paid: 50k out the door
Condition: not a single scratch or ding absolutely flawless
__________________
l 2014 F31 328d X-drive M-sport l 2014 F30 328d M-Sport l BMW F-800 GSA l 1997 E-420 Sport l 2014 Touareg Tdi Armoured Level B5 l


Compensating a heavy car with horsepower is like giving an alcoholic cocaine to sober him up...
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2013, 01:43 AM   #1253
Trout2
New Member
0

 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New Orleans, LA


Posts: 13
iTrader: (0)

Purchased 4/1/2013 from private seller
2011 e92 (9/2010 production)
AW/Silver Novillo, DCT, Moonroof, Rear Backup Sensors, Rear Sunshade
Milage 9400
Paid $46,500 plus ttl, approx. $52K
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2013, 07:42 AM   #1254
Gins
I can't find my pants.
No_Country
54

 
Gins's Avatar
 
Drives: '15 Supergirl Combo M3, YMB-SO
Join Date: May 2011
Location: 8=====D \o/ 335i, yo


Posts: 2,507
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E90  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trout2 View Post
Purchased 4/1/2013 from private seller
2011 e92 (9/2010 production)
AW/Silver Novillo, DCT, Moonroof, Rear Backup Sensors, Rear Sunshade
Milage 9400
Paid $46,500 plus ttl, approx. $52K
Now THAT is a deal!
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:54 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST