BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > SPONSORS Classifieds/Groupbuys/Specials Area > Electronics | Audio | Security
 
Evolve Automotive
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-07-2013, 12:20 AM   #441
AlexTek
First Lieutenant
AlexTek's Avatar
5
Rep
364
Posts

 
Drives: BMW M3 E92 2011 ZCP
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Puerto Rico

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Benvo View Post
Group buy for BPMSport Performance Tuning cables and software: Round two posted: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=142

Hey Mike,

Thank you for the fast responses in my last 2 calls.

Has anybody ever tried programming the M3 with Manual transmission to do Rev Sync on down shifts? Can it be done?
__________________
BMW M3 E92 2011 ZCP 6MT
- Upgrades:MS Stage 2 Intake + Turner Test Pipes + BPM Stage 2 Tune with Coding; Fox Red Novillo/Carbon Leather/Competition Package/Premium Package 2/Convenience Package /Enhanced Premium Sound/Satelite Radio
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 08:54 AM   #442
Merlosso
Banned
United_States
5
Rep
495
Posts

 
Drives: Results
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Germantown, MD

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexTek View Post
Hey Mike,

Thank you for the fast responses in my last 2 calls.

Has anybody ever tried programming the M3 with Manual transmission to do Rev Sync on down shifts? Can it be done?
I'm not the expert here but it I seriously doubt this is possible. Yes, the DCT rev-matches but the way it works in the 370Z and the C7 Vette is based on where you're moving the stick. If you are in fourth and move into the gate for third, the car will match the revs. We do not have any such sensors that detect what gate we're moving into in order to know what to rev to.

Instead you gotta learn how to do it the old fashioned way and rev it yourself. It's actually a lot more fun that way. Sure, it takes ton of practice but that makes it even more satisfying when you get it right.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 11:34 AM   #443
AlexTek
First Lieutenant
AlexTek's Avatar
5
Rep
364
Posts

 
Drives: BMW M3 E92 2011 ZCP
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Puerto Rico

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlosso View Post
I'm not the expert here but it I seriously doubt this is possible. Yes, the DCT rev-matches but the way it works in the 370Z and the C7 Vette is based on where you're moving the stick. If you are in fourth and move into the gate for third, the car will match the revs. We do not have any such sensors that detect what gate we're moving into in order to know what to rev to.

Instead you gotta learn how to do it the old fashioned way and rev it yourself. It's actually a lot more fun that way. Sure, it takes ton of practice but that makes it even more satisfying when you get it right.
Thanks for the info.

I know the 370Z does it, thats why I asked because it sounds interesting if our M3 manual would do that, rather than you know having to do it ourself, but yes is more fun doing it yourself.
__________________
BMW M3 E92 2011 ZCP 6MT
- Upgrades:MS Stage 2 Intake + Turner Test Pipes + BPM Stage 2 Tune with Coding; Fox Red Novillo/Carbon Leather/Competition Package/Premium Package 2/Convenience Package /Enhanced Premium Sound/Satelite Radio
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2013, 03:23 PM   #444
M3N74L
Chav
M3N74L's Avatar
United Kingdom
0
Rep
34
Posts

 
Drives: 08 Jerez Black E92 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Houston

iTrader: (0)

Awesome. Now I have to decide what mod/coding combo I want
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2013, 09:30 PM   #445
Mike Benvo
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Mike Benvo's Avatar
United_States
98
Rep
4,814
Posts


 
Drives: Harrop SC M3 / E46 M3 / 7Turbo
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [5.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [5.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Benvo
We've got some exciting stuff coming up for you guys.

Can you say DCT flashes remotely?

Also made a few other breakthroughs, but need to get through backlog first.
__________________

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 06:04 PM   #446
AlexTek
First Lieutenant
AlexTek's Avatar
5
Rep
364
Posts

 
Drives: BMW M3 E92 2011 ZCP
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Puerto Rico

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Benvo View Post
We've got some exciting stuff coming up for you guys.

Can you say DCT flashes remotely?

Also made a few other breakthroughs, but need to get through backlog first.
Hey Mike, keep us posted.

I'm enjoying the reflash and coding on the M3. Gotta love the 93 octane flash.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 11:45 PM   #447
empilot
Enlisted Member
empilot's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
35
Posts

 
Drives: It was an E92...
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: TN

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexTek View Post
Hey Mike, keep us posted.

I'm enjoying the reflash and coding on the M3. Gotta love the 93 octane flash.
What does the "93 Octane Flash" do? I assume engine timing related?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 11:49 PM   #448
Mike Benvo
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Mike Benvo's Avatar
United_States
98
Rep
4,814
Posts


 
Drives: Harrop SC M3 / E46 M3 / 7Turbo
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [5.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [5.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Benvo
Quote:
Originally Posted by empilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexTek View Post
Hey Mike, keep us posted.

I'm enjoying the reflash and coding on the M3. Gotta love the 93 octane flash.
What does the "93 Octane Flash" do? I assume engine timing related?
Alex: glad you're enjoying the tune and coding

ERM: it's our performance tuning software optimized for 93 octane gas.
__________________

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 12:07 AM   #449
empilot
Enlisted Member
empilot's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
35
Posts

 
Drives: It was an E92...
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: TN

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Benvo View Post
Alex: glad you're enjoying the tune and coding

ERM: it's our performance tuning software optimized for 93 octane gas.
Thanks for the lightning fast reply... and from the man himself! I'm considering a lot of the goodies you offer but I'm still getting smart on a lot of what has been discussed here. Am I correct in assuming that the performance enhancements are gained with software alone? I'm used to stage I and II being used to describe physical bolt on and minor mechanical mods, respectively.

Thanks, Mike.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 05:14 AM   #450
Merlosso
Banned
United_States
5
Rep
495
Posts

 
Drives: Results
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Germantown, MD

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by empilot View Post
Thanks for the lightning fast reply... and from the man himself! I'm considering a lot of the goodies you offer but I'm still getting smart on a lot of what has been discussed here. Am I correct in assuming that the performance enhancements are gained with software alone? I'm used to stage I and II being used to describe physical bolt on and minor mechanical mods, respectively.

Thanks, Mike.
I recently wrote a review of Mike's tune that might help you.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=816790
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 02:24 PM   #451
empilot
Enlisted Member
empilot's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
35
Posts

 
Drives: It was an E92...
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: TN

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlosso View Post
I recently wrote a review of Mike's tune that might help you.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=816790
Fantastic review! Thanks for the re-direct... it definitely helped me sort some things out. I'll be calling Mike soon.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 05:32 PM   #452
Merlosso
Banned
United_States
5
Rep
495
Posts

 
Drives: Results
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Germantown, MD

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by empilot View Post
Fantastic review! Thanks for the re-direct... it definitely helped me sort some things out. I'll be calling Mike soon.
No problem! Glad I could help.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2013, 11:38 PM   #453
Hedonist
Private
Hedonist's Avatar
Canada
0
Rep
80
Posts

 
Drives: 09 M3 Jerez Black
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (1)

I have my list ready and can't wait until the set up is finished. Looking forward to working with Mike!
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 02:20 AM   #454
Charlie@McKennaBMWService
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Charlie@McKennaBMWService's Avatar
3
Rep
348
Posts


 
Drives: '13 AW E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: 10900 Firestone Blvd Norwalk, CA 90650

iTrader: (2)

Mike did my boy Marco here @ McKenna call you? We need to talk...
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 08:25 AM   #455
swein1992
Enlisted Member
United_States
0
Rep
36
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 E92 M3 Silverstone
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Indiana

iTrader: (0)

Hey Mike I sent you an email last sunday but i havent got any response....
Anyways could you give me a quote for remote coding the newest software 240E and euro MDM for my car? Thanks a lot!
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 09:27 AM   #456
AlexTek
First Lieutenant
AlexTek's Avatar
5
Rep
364
Posts

 
Drives: BMW M3 E92 2011 ZCP
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Puerto Rico

iTrader: (0)

Hey guys, it is easier if you call mike directly.
I worked everything really quick with him trough the phone.

You guys will enjoy EDM, Coding and Flash too.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 03:41 PM   #457
swein1992
Enlisted Member
United_States
0
Rep
36
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 E92 M3 Silverstone
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Indiana

iTrader: (0)

Thanks for the hint!!! Will give him a call right away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexTek View Post
Hey guys, it is easier if you call mike directly.
I worked everything really quick with him trough the phone.

You guys will enjoy EDM, Coding and Flash too.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2013, 08:55 AM   #458
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
THE TECH's Avatar
United_States
157
Rep
13,121
Posts


 
Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kansas

iTrader: (45)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH Send a message via Skype™ to THE TECH
PM us for the quickest response!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2013, 03:31 AM   #459
Mike Benvo
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Mike Benvo's Avatar
United_States
98
Rep
4,814
Posts


 
Drives: Harrop SC M3 / E46 M3 / 7Turbo
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [5.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [5.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Benvo
Hey everyone, sorry for the slow replies. For fastest response please call # in my sig or PM THE TECH.

I'm playing catchup. We will have more tuning cables in stock soon and will release info on our DCT Transmission software flash.

Let us know if you have any questions and stay 'tuned' for more exciting developments
__________________

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2013, 06:05 PM   #460
Mike Benvo
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Mike Benvo's Avatar
United_States
98
Rep
4,814
Posts


 
Drives: Harrop SC M3 / E46 M3 / 7Turbo
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [5.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [5.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Benvo
Teaser pic of our new Generation Two tuning cables:



More info found on this thread:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=784717
__________________

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2013, 08:21 AM   #461
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
THE TECH's Avatar
United_States
157
Rep
13,121
Posts


 
Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kansas

iTrader: (45)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH Send a message via Skype™ to THE TECH
Exciting stuff coming!! Stay tuned!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 09:14 PM   #462
Mike Benvo
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Mike Benvo's Avatar
United_States
98
Rep
4,814
Posts


 
Drives: Harrop SC M3 / E46 M3 / 7Turbo
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (7)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [5.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [5.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Benvo
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
Exciting stuff coming!! Stay tuned!
Generation II tuning cables in stock, and details on our remote DCT flashing and some other goodies will be released soon

__________________

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:57 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST