BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest
 
European Auto Source
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-24-2013, 02:20 PM   #45
Jch99
Private First Class
2
Rep
115
Posts

 
Drives: Bmw
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00tw00t View Post
well I have some news. I finally got my KW clubsports installed, these had been sitting in my garage for two weeks.

What a huge difference... the car feels PLANTED!! and turn in so sharp.. I can't wait to get on the track with these.. I have -2.5 camber upfront and -2 at the rear...

Also got Mike Benvo to code away my errors and while he was it he also added Euro MDM ... can't wait to get on the track with this...
That's the same setup I have - I have -2.5 camber also. Where did you have it installed? I have no track experience and I need some guidance.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 03:46 PM   #46
rentonrider
Banned
6
Rep
412
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Renton, WA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [3.50]
Lol crickets! Anyhow I got my h&r race springs removed and back to stock.. Ride was just too rough. What a waste of $..

Also picked up cf performance spoiler and installed.

[IMG]http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii529/*********/67A705B0-5768-44D1-9D6E-D0464B33B759-17655-0000049C28BBAED8_zps3668884d.jpg[/IMG]
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 04:04 PM   #47
w00tw00t
Lieutenant Colonel
w00tw00t's Avatar
United_States
37
Rep
1,733
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 AY M4
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Issaquah, WA

iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jch99 View Post
That's the same setup I have - I have -2.5 camber also. Where did you have it installed? I have no track experience and I need some guidance.
Cantrell ..
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 01:08 PM   #48
kerrit
Lieutenant
5
Rep
444
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 Melbourne Red E90 M3
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bellevue, WA

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
installed test pipes yesterday. the combination of them plus the megan catback is one of the nicest sounding e9x M3 exhaust combos I've heard. Pretty much zero drone or rasp.

Can't complain about the hp bump either!
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 02:17 PM   #49
urBan_dK
First Lieutenant
urBan_dK's Avatar
United_States
7
Rep
375
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Mill Creek, WA

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrit View Post
installed test pipes yesterday. the combination of them plus the megan catback is one of the nicest sounding e9x M3 exhaust combos I've heard. Pretty much zero drone or rasp.

Can't complain about the hp bump either!
I'd love to hear yours and compare to my OEM exhaust mod + test pipes.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 07:07 PM   #50
NoM3Yet
Private
2
Rep
68
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Woodinville, WA

iTrader: (0)

New M3 owner here.

I'm still in break in (800 miles currently). I have done the standard "Cosmetic" mods like black grills, painted refletors, etc, but now looking into other mods.

First, for Driver mods, it's been about 15 years since having a performance car, so if anyone has any recommendation for Driver Instruction that would be great. I don't see myself becoming a regular track guy, but it would be good to beef up my driving skills and throw it around the track a few times. Let me know if you guys have any recommendations for Driving Courses.

For car mods, I'm planning a BMPSport tune in the next few months. Heard really good things. Second will be Exhaust. Really not sure in this area. I like the perf increase from test pipes or a good x-pipe, but I'm concerned about loudness. I like a tough sounding car, but I'm not into "Loud". Maybe if we have a regional meet up sometime, I can hear what you guys are running.

Hoping for more that 20 sunny days this year!
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 07:18 PM   #51
PrimeBMW
Captain
PrimeBMW's Avatar
No_Country
10
Rep
775
Posts

 
Drives: E46 M3+S62, E92 M3
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Portland, OR

iTrader: (0)

I put two Recaro seats in the e92 M3s.............two Recaro kids seats
Then I proceeded to take my e46 M3s to PIR and leave every Z06 in my dust.....every other car for that matter. I will have to post up some pictures soon but this baby (e46 M3s) is fast!
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 08:17 PM   #52
Jaron Bell
First Lieutenant
Jaron Bell's Avatar
United_States
8
Rep
329
Posts

 
Drives: 10 M3, 09 335i, 08 Audi RS4
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Silverdale, WA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoM3Yet View Post
New M3 owner here.

I'm still in break in (800 miles currently). I have done the standard "Cosmetic" mods like black grills, painted refletors, etc, but now looking into other mods.

First, for Driver mods, it's been about 15 years since having a performance car, so if anyone has any recommendation for Driver Instruction that would be great. I don't see myself becoming a regular track guy, but it would be good to beef up my driving skills and throw it around the track a few times. Let me know if you guys have any recommendations for Driving Courses.

For car mods, I'm planning a BMPSport tune in the next few months. Heard really good things. Second will be Exhaust. Really not sure in this area. I like the perf increase from test pipes or a good x-pipe, but I'm concerned about loudness. I like a tough sounding car, but I'm not into "Loud". Maybe if we have a regional meet up sometime, I can hear what you guys are running.

Hoping for more that 20 sunny days this year!
When I get my exhaust installed, I'll let yo hear it. It should be really loud!
__________________
G-Power/Hamann BMW M3, G-Power Supercharger SKII Club Sport, Eisenmann Race w/Challenge Race X-Pipe, Project Kicks Nero Chrome Lug Nuts, Hamann Body Kit, KW V3, Vorschlag Camber Plates, ARKYM Wheels, Escort Radar and Laser Jammers 9500ci
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 09:18 PM   #53
Transfer
Lieutenant Colonel
Transfer's Avatar
United_States
24
Rep
1,689
Posts

 
Drives: SQ5, X1
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (0)

We need an exhaust comparo meetup. I'll be the stock lame-o.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 09:19 PM   #54
rentonrider
Banned
6
Rep
412
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Renton, WA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [3.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer
We need an exhaust comparo meetup. I'll be the stock lame-o.
In!
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 09:22 PM   #55
1MOREMOD
2014 Track Days - 11|Ridge 1:52:24|Pacific 1:35:72
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
173
Rep
12,997
Posts

 
Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00tw00t View Post
well I have some news. I finally got my KW clubsports installed, these had been sitting in my garage for two weeks.

What a huge difference... the car feels PLANTED!! and turn in so sharp.. I can't wait to get on the track with these.. I have -2.5 camber upfront and -2 at the rear...

Also got Mike Benvo to code away my errors and while he was it he also added Euro MDM ... can't wait to get on the track with this...
congrats buddy! i have mcs on the way for the e46. can benvo do euro mdm on and e46?
__________________

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 09:25 PM   #56
Transfer
Lieutenant Colonel
Transfer's Avatar
United_States
24
Rep
1,689
Posts

 
Drives: SQ5, X1
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (0)

FYI on Euro MDM, it almost got me in real trouble yesterday. The weather was nice so I took an on-ramp corner a little quicker than normal and had to make 3 HUGE steering corrections to save it. It was bad and I'm not sure MDM did anything.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 09:26 PM   #57
w00tw00t
Lieutenant Colonel
w00tw00t's Avatar
United_States
37
Rep
1,733
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 AY M4
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Issaquah, WA

iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
congrats buddy! i have mcs on the way for the e46. can benvo do euro mdm on and e46?
sweet.. can't wait to see you out on the track.. did e46 even have euro mdm?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 09:27 PM   #58
rentonrider
Banned
6
Rep
412
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Renton, WA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [3.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by w00tw00t
sweet.. can't wait to see you out on the track.. did e46 even have euro mdm?
Google m track mode for e46. It's basically gives you more slip.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 09:28 PM   #59
1MOREMOD
2014 Track Days - 11|Ridge 1:52:24|Pacific 1:35:72
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
173
Rep
12,997
Posts

 
Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00tw00t View Post
sweet.. can't wait to see you out on the track.. did e46 even have euro mdm?
dont know but would be cool if he could do it for rainy days.
__________________

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 09:30 PM   #60
rentonrider
Banned
6
Rep
412
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Renton, WA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [3.50]
http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=371119

Last edited by rentonrider; 03-27-2013 at 02:23 AM.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 10:07 PM   #61
1MOREMOD
2014 Track Days - 11|Ridge 1:52:24|Pacific 1:35:72
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
173
Rep
12,997
Posts

 
Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

link doesnt work.
__________________

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 10:10 PM   #62
rentonrider
Banned
6
Rep
412
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Renton, WA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [3.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD
link doesnt work.
Odd it works on my phone. Will check when I get home...
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 12:55 AM   #63
kerrit
Lieutenant
5
Rep
444
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 Melbourne Red E90 M3
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bellevue, WA

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
FYI on Euro MDM, it almost got me in real trouble yesterday. The weather was nice so I took an on-ramp corner a little quicker than normal and had to make 3 HUGE steering corrections to save it. It was bad and I'm not sure MDM did anything.
Are you still on snow tires?
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 01:07 AM   #64
Transfer
Lieutenant Colonel
Transfer's Avatar
United_States
24
Rep
1,689
Posts

 
Drives: SQ5, X1
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (0)

No. PSS 255/275. I know how it happened (cold tires, dip in road) and it was my fault but I was probably at a 50 degree angle on the initial oversteer and I would have thought euro MDM would have prevented that. Of course it was all very fast.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 10:54 AM   #65
urBan_dK
First Lieutenant
urBan_dK's Avatar
United_States
7
Rep
375
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Mill Creek, WA

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
FYI on Euro MDM, it almost got me in real trouble yesterday. The weather was nice so I took an on-ramp corner a little quicker than normal and had to make 3 HUGE steering corrections to save it. It was bad and I'm not sure MDM did anything.
Ya it's quite a step up. I've figured out how to code the M3 GTS MDM mode, which is even more aggressive.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2013, 02:36 AM   #66
rentonrider
Banned
6
Rep
412
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Renton, WA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [3.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by urBan_dK View Post
Ya it's quite a step up. I've figured out how to code the M3 GTS MDM mode, which is even more aggressive.
urban_dk - what additional values need to changed for gts mdm?
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:11 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST