BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications
 
Evolve Automotive
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-21-2013, 05:43 PM   #1
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
tom @ eas's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA

Posts: 10,119
iTrader: (13)

Garage List
ESS VT2-625 Dyno: Macht Schnell Test Pipes

Here's a before/after dyno of an ESS VT2-625 equipped M3:



With the Macht Schnell Bypass Track pipes fitted, a healthy ~20whp gain can be seen clearly throughout the powerband.



Runs are on 91 octane, the "air raid" siren you hear is from the Toyo 888s on the roller.
__________________
tom @ eas is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-21-2013, 06:08 PM   #2
NikB316
Lieutenant
 
NikB316's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 M5 Competition
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Somerset County, New Jersey

Posts: 596
iTrader: (4)

Tom,
I've always found the numbers on the ESS-550/585 (not sure which is which) to be very impressive as the other dyno you guys posted with the non intercooled kit was like 520whp/330wtq. Is there really that small of a difference between the kits (625) power wise? Is the main benefit of the 625 that it would obviously have much better track capability with the extra cooling? Just curious as I'm sure some others are as well. From these dynos it would appear that for someone who uses their car only on the street the non-intercooled kit is an awesome value.

Very nice gains from just the test pipes on this particular car!
__________________

2014 M5 Competition Alpine/Sakhir
BMS Tune. Undercover Performance Custom Downpipes & Connector. H&R 10mm Spacers. BMW CF Rear Spoiler. IND Cosmetics. ALP & BEL Radar & Laser.
2011 Space Grey E92 M3 AA Gen 2 Lvl 3 586whp 398wtq SAE (sold)
NikB316 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-21-2013, 06:15 PM   #3
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
tom @ eas's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA

Posts: 10,119
iTrader: (13)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikB316 View Post
Tom,
I've always found the numbers on the ESS-550/585 (not sure which is which) to be very impressive as the other dyno you guys posted with the non intercooled kit was like 520whp/330wtq. Is there really that small of a difference between the kits (625) power wise? Is the main benefit of the 625 that it would obviously have much better track capability with the extra cooling? Just curious as I'm sure some others are as well. From these dynos it would appear that for someone who uses their car only on the street the non-intercooled kit is an awesome value.

Very nice gains from just the test pipes on this particular car!
I completely agree, bang for the buck - the VT1-550 is hard to beat and will satisfy most needs out there.

While the 550s will run on the track, heatsoak will eventually set in on extended sessions. Street driving won't be much of an issue. If the plan is to upgrade in the near future, at least run with the any of the VT2 systems so the manifold will not need to be swapped at a later time.
__________________
tom @ eas is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-21-2013, 07:01 PM   #4
NikB316
Lieutenant
 
NikB316's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 M5 Competition
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Somerset County, New Jersey

Posts: 596
iTrader: (4)

Ah yeah was unaware of the extra upgrade needed if not going with a VT2 to begin with. Any of my buddies going with an ESS setup ill definitely make them aware of it. Good info bud!
NikB316 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-21-2013, 08:46 PM   #5
GOLFFRR
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
GOLFFRR's Avatar
 
Drives: Golf Cart
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Solvang, CA/Camarillo, CA

Posts: 15,414
iTrader: (4)

Nice 20 gain there! car sounds great as well!
__________________

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL US FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Need a quote or assistance from David? GO HERE-->http://www.bimmerdavid.com/#!blank/c1r1e
Davids current ED Special M235/228--> http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1013211
GOLFFRR is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-21-2013, 08:57 PM   #6
ussoldierforhire
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011 M3 E92
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Virginia Beach, VA

Posts: 561
iTrader: (1)

Mmmm that sound
ussoldierforhire is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-21-2013, 09:58 PM   #7
Chriskm3
Colonel
 
Chriskm3's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto

Posts: 2,218
iTrader: (4)

M33 noted he made around 590 whp on his vt2 625 kit. What other upgrades are required to reach those figures
__________________
Vf supercharger + tune/H&R coils/ Akra evolution exhaust/Volk te37/ Rs-3 tires/ Brembos /TIal BOV/ OSS blacked out headlights/LUX v3/Led taillights/ Challenge Front lip/ P3 vent gauge/ F10 m5 shift mob/Matte black front grills/ And a funky air fresher
Chriskm3 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-21-2013, 10:05 PM   #8
Alex07M3
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: e92 m3
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Gatineau

Posts: 1,870
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 e92 M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
Here's a before/after dyno of an ESS VT2-625 equipped M3:



With the Macht Schnell Bypass Track pipes fitted, a healthy ~20whp gain can be seen clearly throughout the powerband.



Runs are on 91 octane, the "air raid" siren you hear is from the Toyo 888s on the roller.
aint it a bit low compared to other catless VT2-625 that you have dynoed before!?
__________________
ESS VT1, M Performance exhaust, Turner test pipes, Eibach, Michelin PSS 255/295
Alex07M3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-22-2013, 12:04 AM   #9
Longboarder
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2013 e92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Monarch Beach

Posts: 3,585
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2013 e92 M3  [4.96]
2011 997.2 Turbo S  [4.80]
2013 WRX STi  [4.00]
2013 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07M3 View Post
aint it a bit low compared to other catless VT2-625 that you have dynoed before!?
Hey Alex. This is about what I did SAE on 91 octane with the VT2, catless x-pipe and Akra slip-on on 91 octane.

Now once I added a couple gallons of VP 100 pump gas to get a mix of ~ 95 octane, I added another 25 RWHP.

I added another 10 RWHP with an 8,600 RPM tune.

This is also with a 96mm pulley.

I'm putting on a 92mm pulley on Monday and on ~ 95 octane, should dyno close to 600 RWHP.

So another 70 RWHP is easily possible with some octane and a pulley, since the VT2 625 have the injector capacity to handle it. The smaller HP kits do not.
__________________
Daily: 2013 e92 M3 DCT / ESS VT2 650 S/C / Akrapovic Evolution / StopTech BBK
Track/Airstrip: 2011 997.2 Turbo S PDK / 725 HP / BBi suspension build
Beater: 2013 X5 3.5sport
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Longboarder is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-22-2013, 12:52 AM   #10
Alex07M3
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: e92 m3
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Gatineau

Posts: 1,870
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 e92 M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder View Post
Hey Alex. This is about what I did SAE on 91 octane with the VT2, catless x-pipe and Akra slip-on on 91 octane.

Now once I added a couple gallons of VP 100 pump gas to get a mix of ~ 95 octane, I added another 25 RWHP.

I added another 10 RWHP with an 8,600 RPM tune.

This is also with a 96mm pulley.

I'm putting on a 92mm pulley on Monday and on ~ 95 octane, should dyno close to 600 RWHP.

So another 70 RWHP is easily possible with some octane and a pulley, since the VT2 625 have the injector capacity to handle it. The smaller HP kits do not.
Yeah I know gas is a big factor on these cars, I feel a big difference in power when I put 91oct instead of 94oct! But I thought after seeing the VT1 with test pipes on 91oct dynoing more then 500whp at EAS that the 625 with primary cath delete would've dynoed north of 550whp. Anyway, no matter the numbers, the performance of these kits is undeniable! I just wish I'll dyno 500+whp with my VT1-535 with Turner test pipes on 94oct(and some nice northern temperature ), If not I'll have to update my kit to the VT1-550 level!

BTW I can't wait to ear how your car is gonna do with that new set-up!! I think you're a real pioneer!
__________________
ESS VT1, M Performance exhaust, Turner test pipes, Eibach, Michelin PSS 255/295
Alex07M3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
eas, ess, macht schnell, supercharger, vt2-625

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:24 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST