BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge
 
Steve Thomas BMW
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-18-2013, 11:02 AM   #23
John Tanglewood
Porn Star
John Tanglewood's Avatar
48
Rep
2,151
Posts

 
Drives: 09' R8 -- 11' M3 (sold)
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Stamford, CT

iTrader: (9)

...and I just want to add, I don't mean to call you a homer. For all I know you're a well-informed basketball fan and my apologies if I offended you.

Sometimes I see the ring argument and just immediately dismiss it. Most people who use that argument really no basis for it and are just casual fans. I didn't want to insinuate any type of argument so sorry if what I stated was out of line.
__________________

My M3 is for sale here
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 11:04 AM   #24
Nkc
NOOB
Nkc's Avatar
29
Rep
694
Posts

 
Drives: Cars
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Vancouver/Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Tanglewood View Post
The Lakers are the most god-gifted franchise in the entirety of sports. When you have an all-star team ever year, you win.

Put LeBron in Kobe's shoes from day 1, on the Lakers, and you tell me the outcome won't be any different. TELL ME THAT.

I am not a LeBron fan. But you give credit when it's due, and some of the greatest players in our BBall history NEVER won a ring....it doesn't mean you discount the impact they've had on their team!
__________________
E89 Z4-35i DCT --- E36-Z3 M-Roadster --- E82-1M
Current BMW's
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 11:09 AM   #25
Nkc
NOOB
Nkc's Avatar
29
Rep
694
Posts

 
Drives: Cars
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Vancouver/Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkhan23 View Post
The only reason lebron won a ring was because.... It was HALF a season, with HELP from the officials (they basically gave him the ring), and a little help from Wade/Bosh.
Gave him the ring? lol How is anyone capable of arguing with this guy? What are you like 12? Did Spurs just suddenly say hey, let's lose to OKC but promise not to win in the finals. You're saying Kobe never had anyone on his team that was good? Oh come on, its like the All-Star team they have there every freakin year.
__________________
E89 Z4-35i DCT --- E36-Z3 M-Roadster --- E82-1M
Current BMW's
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 11:32 AM   #26
Dkhan23
Banned
12
Rep
360
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Canada/USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post
Gave him the ring? lol How is anyone capable of arguing with this guy? What are you like 12? Did Spurs just suddenly say hey, let's lose to OKC but promise not to win in the finals. You're saying Kobe never had anyone on his team that was good? Oh come on, its like the All-Star team they have there every freakin year.
Kobe does have good players, I never said he didn't. Did you see the game? The Heat didn't deserve to win, they got EVERY call their way. I don't think you get it, David Stern wanted lebron to win a ring really bad because its good for NBA business. The whole game was rigged. Go back and watch the games and look at the HEAT flop, lebron traveling numerous times uncalled, And 1 calls for Miami when their is NO Contact, whenever OKC drove the ball they would get fouled and no call.... i can keep going on and on you can hate but I'm just pointing out the obvious....
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 11:32 AM   #27
Inspired
Colonel
Inspired's Avatar
40
Rep
2,254
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: California

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rukuss View Post
Lebron has the potential to pass them all, we will see.
I agree, youngest player to hit 20,000 points. Even though Lebron isn't a pure scorer. He looks to pass first.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ~XxPornxX~ View Post
plus whatever rings he wins are tainted with an asterisk *joined forces with prime wade/bosh because he/they cant beat boston being the alpha/optionA
And somehow Kobe won 5 championship all by himself? Did you forget what teammates Kobe had on the championship runs? Shaq, which is arguably the best center in the history of the NBA? 3x Finals MVP? Where was the Lakers before they had Pau Gasol? Did you forget about 2 all star center Andrew Bynum, Pau Gasol? How about the best 6th man in the league Lamar Odom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~XxPornxX~ View Post
you wanna play that game, shaq needed to play with elite sg's to win any of his. again james needed to join 2 franchise players to create his super team to win anything. its cheap and all the legends knowledge this and their opinion means more than yours.
Let's not be ignorant here. A real basketball fan knows that you can't win a championship alone. No way Kobe would of won all 5 of his championship by himself. I think you are forgetting that Shaq, Gasol are also franchise players. And how about joining forces with Howard and Nash? Shouldn't we discredit the Lakers and put a asterisk next to their names if they win a championship? The best center in the league and the best guard in the league with top 5 PF? Need to join forces to win championships?
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 11:39 AM   #28
Inspired
Colonel
Inspired's Avatar
40
Rep
2,254
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: California

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkhan23 View Post
Kobe does have good players, I never said he didn't. Did you see the game? The Heat didn't deserve to win, they got EVERY call their way. I don't think you get it, David Stern wanted lebron to win a ring really bad because its good for NBA business. The whole game was rigged. Go back and watch the games and look at the HEAT flop, lebron traveling numerous times uncalled, And 1 calls for Miami when their is NO Contact, whenever OKC drove the ball they would get fouled and no call.... i can keep going on and on you can hate but I'm just pointing out the obvious....
Why would having Lebron win a championship be good for business? He is one of the most hated player in the NBA. You do know that flopping wasn't a violation last year right? And the NBA rarely calls travelling for any player. It was pretty obvious that the Heat was the better team in the NBA finals last year.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 11:46 AM   #29
iBoost
Brigadier General
iBoost's Avatar
49
Rep
3,041
Posts

 
Drives: real slow
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Las Vegas

iTrader: (13)

laughing so hard at the title hahahahahaha
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 11:51 AM   #30
burakkose
Second Lieutenant
burakkose's Avatar
Turkey
2
Rep
223
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Istanbul

iTrader: (0)

Lebron is the best all-around player on earth.
Kobe is a very good scorer imo, nothing else.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 12:16 PM   #31
FstAzzWhip
Private
United_States
1
Rep
55
Posts

 
Drives: E93 335i
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: PA/NJ

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Tanglewood View Post
Chris Paul
Patrick Ewing
Karl Malone
Charles Barkley
Elgin Baylor
John Stockton
George Gervin
Pete Maravich
Reggie Miller
Dominique Wilkins
Bernard King

....and the list goes on.... NONE OF THESE PLAYERS HAVE A RING. THESE are great players who had the MOST impact on their teams performance at the time. Most of these players reached NBA Finals at least once, if not more than once...Most of these players came excruciatingly close to a ring but failed.

Does that make them not great? Maybe....if you're not a basketball fan. If you're a surface homer that's blinded by rings as the end-all be all argument, then GUESS WHAT? There is no argument... all you need is the ability to count.

ROBERT HORRY HAS 7 RINGS
  • 1 more than Jordan
  • 1 more than Pippen
  • 2 more than Kobe
  • 2 more than Magic Johnson
  • 6 more than LeBron James

So by your logic, Dkhan -- Horry p0wnz all of them. Why did you even make this thread? Stupid trying to argue with a homer that only wants to spit rings at people.
Well said!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 12:25 PM   #32
Darth One
Former yr 1of1 owner
Darth One's Avatar
United_States
11
Rep
1,109
Posts

 
Drives: SGM E90
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: FL

iTrader: (0)

so this is what fans of an 8th seeded team talk about to keep themselves occupied
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 04:15 PM   #33
Dkhan23
Banned
12
Rep
360
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Canada/USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
Why would having Lebron win a championship be good for business? He is one of the most hated player in the NBA. You do know that flopping wasn't a violation last year right? And the NBA rarely calls travelling for any player. It was pretty obvious that the Heat was the better team in the NBA finals last year.
One of the most hated, he might be. But look at all his fans. Man you don't know anything if your saying its not good for business and ratings.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 04:19 PM   #34
Dkhan23
Banned
12
Rep
360
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Canada/USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Tanglewood View Post
Chris Paul
Patrick Ewing
Karl Malone
Charles Barkley
Elgin Baylor
John Stockton
George Gervin
Pete Maravich
Reggie Miller
Dominique Wilkins
Bernard King

....and the list goes on.... NONE OF THESE PLAYERS HAVE A RING. THESE are great players who had the MOST impact on their teams performance at the time. Most of these players reached NBA Finals at least once, if not more than once...Most of these players came excruciatingly close to a ring but failed.

Does that make them not great? Maybe....if you're not a basketball fan. If you're a surface homer that's blinded by rings as the end-all be all argument, then GUESS WHAT? There is no argument... all you need is the ability to count.

ROBERT HORRY HAS 7 RINGS
  • 1 more than Jordan
  • 1 more than Pippen
  • 2 more than Kobe
  • 2 more than Magic Johnson
  • 6 more than LeBron James

So by your logic, Dkhan -- Horry p0wnz all of them. Why did you even make this thread? Stupid trying to argue with a homer that only wants to spit rings at people.
So your what your trying to say is those players are Legends? Smh. I made this thread, Kobe vs LeBrick
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 04:31 PM   #35
#Tee
Chronic trollololer level 60
#Tee's Avatar
79
Rep
4,887
Posts

 
Drives: yes
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Socal

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
I agree, youngest player to hit 20,000 points. Even though Lebron isn't a pure scorer. He looks to pass first.




And somehow Kobe won 5 championship all by himself? Did you forget what teammates Kobe had on the championship runs? Shaq, which is arguably the best center in the history of the NBA? 3x Finals MVP? Where was the Lakers before they had Pau Gasol? Did you forget about 2 all star center Andrew Bynum, Pau Gasol? How about the best 6th man in the league Lamar Odom.



Let's not be ignorant here. A real basketball fan knows that you can't win a championship alone. No way Kobe would of won all 5 of his championship by himself. I think you are forgetting that Shaq, Gasol are also franchise players. And how about joining forces with Howard and Nash? Shouldn't we discredit the Lakers and put a asterisk next to their names if they win a championship? The best center in the league and the best guard in the league with top 5 PF? Need to join forces to win championships?

youre soo horrible to argue with, i never said doing it alone. shaq left kobe did it as the man optionA, gasol got no where with the grizzles came to join as optionB. Kobe didnt plot over the summer with nash/d12 to come help him take out boston, contracts/free agency timing helped that out. AGAIN its like bird asking magic to join forces to take out MJ. YES kobe is lucky to have an front office to support him and that is his fault how? lebrons team couldnt even take out d12 that one year.

whatever your arugement is your opinion holds no water compared to the legends...tweet them about it.
__________________

#TeamStretchNpoke IG:Tee212

custom cf rear side diffuser add ons for sale (e9x,M3s,f3x) pm me for details. thread http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=962442
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 06:31 PM   #36
Bingobimmer
Lieutenant
Bingobimmer's Avatar
15
Rep
496
Posts

 
Drives: e90 n54
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: On the road...

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
I think Larry Bird's quote sums it up, but Lebron will win another ring probably more. All the greats needed help to win a ring. With the MVP vs. rings debate it's a combination of the two.
__________________
2009 E90 335i AW... Black grills/jb4/lux angel eyes/clear side reflectors/and a few more small mods
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 07:09 PM   #37
Inspired
Colonel
Inspired's Avatar
40
Rep
2,254
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: California

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~XxPornxX~ View Post
youre soo horrible to argue with, i never said doing it alone. shaq left kobe did it as the man optionA, gasol got no where with the grizzles came to join as optionB. Kobe didnt plot over the summer with nash/d12 to come help him take out boston, contracts/free agency timing helped that out. AGAIN its like bird asking magic to join forces to take out MJ. YES kobe is lucky to have an front office to support him and that is his fault how? lebrons team couldnt even take out d12 that one year.

whatever your arugement is your opinion holds no water compared to the legends...tweet them about it.
Horrible to argue with? I'm just stating the facts and being unbias here. I'm not the one worshipping Kobe and referring him to "god" and "how great is our god" A real basketball enthusiast would give credit where credit is due and would appreciate Lebron's talent instead of making him seem like a scrub

Then you agree that no one can win a championship alone. Then why the hell would you put a asterisk next to Lebron's name if he won a championship with Wade? Wade isn't even the best guard in the league and Bosh isn't even the best PF in the league. However, Kobe and Shaq teamed up, yet that doesn't qualify as a asterisk on their name? The best center of all time with the best guard in the league/ best guard of all time behind MJ.

How often do you see having 1 all star even getting to the NBA Finals with a bunch of garbage players? Do you want to see what kind of players Lebron had in the 2007 NBA finals? Shannon Brown, Daniel Gibson, Drew Gooden, Larry Hughes, Žydrūnas Ilgauskas, Damon Jones, Dwayne Jones, Donyell Marshall, Scot Pollard, Eric Snow, Anderson Varej„o. Is there even any player even worth noting in the roster? Even Laker's current bench is better.

YET, Kobe with a bunch of scrubs couldn't even get a positive record. Remember the 2004-2005 Laker season? 34-48 record? Does that ring a bell? However, Kobe had Lamar Odom who was having one of the best season in his career during that year. He was a 15/10 guy during that season. Yet, they were still unable to even get a positive record?

Option B or not. Gasol is still one of the best PF in the league. Gasol was a 20/10 in Memphis and was still a 20/10 for the Lakers. Shouldn't that qualify as a asterisk next to Kobe's name also since he needed a super star to win 2 championships? He also had Bynum and the 6th man of the year Lamar Odom.

I really don't understand your argument? Bird to join Magic? When you forget that the Lakers has the stackest team in the league. You must be blind or something. With the best center in the league Dwight Howard, best guard Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol one of the best PF in the league, with Steve Nash one of the best PG in the league. Also, Bird and Magic was one of the biggest rivalry in the history of the NBA. Wade and Lebron are good friends their whole NBA career. And there is no rivalry between them.

Kobe is lucky to have a front office that can get superstars to play there. It shouldn't be Lebron's fault for wanting leave because they couldn't even get one super star to help support Lebron. And please don't bring up Shaq playing for the Cav. He was injured half of the season and barely made a impact in the playoffs

Last edited by Inspired; 03-18-2013 at 07:14 PM.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 07:17 PM   #38
ja.
Ja
Canada
1
Rep
152
Posts

 
Drives: e90
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (0)

Let me just munch on
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 07:19 PM   #39
#Tee
Chronic trollololer level 60
#Tee's Avatar
79
Rep
4,887
Posts

 
Drives: yes
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Socal

iTrader: (1)

You dont plot to join other franchise players because you fail to win as the main superstar man. asterisk that! since that super team formed any ringless season is a failure to them, they should win every season. Its that cheap.

I really enjoyed your silence in that laker thread before kobe went down...it been a great few weeks.
__________________

#TeamStretchNpoke IG:Tee212

custom cf rear side diffuser add ons for sale (e9x,M3s,f3x) pm me for details. thread http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=962442

Last edited by #Tee; 03-18-2013 at 07:25 PM.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 07:30 PM   #40
Inspired
Colonel
Inspired's Avatar
40
Rep
2,254
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: California

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~XxPornxX~ View Post
You dont plot to join other franchise players because you fail to win as the main superstar man. asterisk that! since that super team formed any ringless season is a failure to them, they should win every season. Its that cheap.
And you don't demand a trade if you can't make it to the playoffs. Does that ring a bell? Kobe would of been long gone if Gasol didn't come to the Lakers.

Do you even know basketball? You sound like a bandwagon fan that only watches sportscenter. Why can't Lebron plot to join other franchise players. He was a free agent player. Do you know what free agent is?

a player who is eligible to sign with any club or franchise

What is there to enjoy? I am a Lakers fan. I live in California. Lol... I just appreciate good talent and give credit where credit is due.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 07:33 PM   #41
ja.
Ja
Canada
1
Rep
152
Posts

 
Drives: e90
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (0)

: pls be nice!! No actually keep it going its too funny!! Hahahaha
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 07:35 PM   #42
#Tee
Chronic trollololer level 60
#Tee's Avatar
79
Rep
4,887
Posts

 
Drives: yes
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Socal

iTrader: (1)

bla bla whos been on the same team for 17 years? if hes that choosen one tatted on his back and made it that far each season but choose to bail out on the franchise which was built around him since day 1...all respect is lost. lol sports center huh...whos boy that loves to bring up stats.

go back in the lakers thread man its been quite in there.
__________________

#TeamStretchNpoke IG:Tee212

custom cf rear side diffuser add ons for sale (e9x,M3s,f3x) pm me for details. thread http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=962442
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 07:50 PM   #43
Inspired
Colonel
Inspired's Avatar
40
Rep
2,254
Posts

 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: California

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~XxPornxX~ View Post
bla bla whos been on the same team for 17 years? if hes that choosen one tatted on his back and made it that far each season but choose to bail out on the franchise which was built around him since day 1...all respect is lost. lol sports center huh...whos boy that loves to bring up stats.

go back in the lakers thread man its been quite in there.
Since your a bandwagon laker fan with bad memory and gets butt hurt when I criticize Kobe for taking too much shots. Here is what he said in 2007:

"I would like to be traded, yeah. Tough as it is to come to that conclusion there's no other alternative, you know?"

Having the chosen one tattooed on him doesn't mean he has to stay in one team his entire career. You are failing to see that the Cavalier franchise failed to bring any support for Lebron in his 10 season there and he has the right to join any team he wants and play with his best buddy D Wade.

What does bringing up stats have to do with sportscenter? At least I am using facts and not retarded opinion. "put a asterisk next to Lebron's name"
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 08:02 PM   #44
#Tee
Chronic trollololer level 60
#Tee's Avatar
79
Rep
4,887
Posts

 
Drives: yes
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Socal

iTrader: (1)

lolol and i just love using "our god" to piss the haters off...it works flawlessly. Since you fail to know why he demanded a trade was because the FO wanted to use his god like skills to fill the seats. He was not inline with the "we're in rebuilding mode" i guess when you cant beat the best you gota join the second best pg and bosh to win....its something you can relate to i guess. Its not something this bandwagon fan would do if i was the best player on the planet.
__________________

#TeamStretchNpoke IG:Tee212

custom cf rear side diffuser add ons for sale (e9x,M3s,f3x) pm me for details. thread http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=962442
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:22 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST