BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

Lux Angel Eyes

03-14-2013, 10:41 AM   #1
BimmerRob08
Major

Drives: 2008 M3, Space Gray

DINAN Stg. II and newest BMW software

I have an '08, running DINAN Stage II software. I hear and have read that the newest OEM Software for the M3 has some improvements that are felt compared to the older software versions. I wonder if since I'm running with the DINAN, if I had my BMW dealer update my M3 with the latest software and then re-load the DINAN, would there be a better performance gain with the engine? IOW, will the DINAN software re-map everything and cancel out what ever improvements the BMW software has? I have to run a stage II in order to keep the increased emissions CEL from coming because of my HFC X-pipe. I just want to know if its worth getting it updated and paying for it. Thoughts?

Cheers,
Rob
BimmerRob08 is offline   United_States
      03-14-2013, 11:12 AM   #2
M3takesNYC
Banned

Drives: m3

You are MUCH better off going with an ESS tune or Mr Benvo tune in which they give you the updated OE software before the tune included with the price but more importantly the tunes actually produce horsepower rather than dinan which really shows nothing on many dynos whereas every other reputable tune makes a nice 10-15hp. So if you pay 400 at the dealer for just the update, spend 500 more and get the update plus a real tune
      03-14-2013, 11:41 AM   #3
///M Ryder
Grown Azz Man

Drives: 2011.5 Dinan ///M3

Rob, you would see no improvement since the OEM software is overwritten by the Dinan. Now if Dinan tweaks their software then you might be on to something........Phil
2011.5 E92 Dinan///M3: SSII DCT- Comp, Prem 2, and Conv Pkg, Heated Seats, Enhanced Prem Sound, Edition Grills/Gills, M Performance Steering Wheel, Carbon Fiber Performance Spoiler, BMW Pedals, Dinan Exhaust, Dinan X-Pipe, Dinan Carbon Fiber Intake, Dinan Software Tune, Dinan DCT Tune, Dinan Pulley Kit, Dinan CH-R Wheels, Dinan Carbon Fiber Strut Tower Braces, Arkym Lip, IND M5 Mirror Caps, Carbon Reflectors, Lux H8 V3, Brembo 365mm BBK
///M Ryder is offline   United_States
      03-14-2013, 11:45 AM   #4
SROC3
The limit of adhesion is my home.

Drives: 2012 E92 M3 JTBLK ZCP

Garage List
2012 BMW M3  [0.00]
Send a message via Yahoo to SROC3
get the BPMSPort Tune. Hands down, freaking awesome.
Red Extended Leather/6MT | Comp Package - RETIRED
(Impulse Buy Date - 11/22/06) 335i E92/Space Grey/ Red Leather/6MT - RETIRED
SROC3 is offline   United_States
      03-14-2013, 11:55 AM   #5
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerRob08 View Post
I have an '08, running DINAN Stage II software. I hear and have read that the newest OEM Software for the M3 has some improvements that are felt compared to the older software versions. I wonder if since I'm running with the DINAN, if I had my BMW dealer update my M3 with the latest software and then re-load the DINAN, would there be a better performance gain with the engine? IOW, will the DINAN software re-map everything and cancel out what ever improvements the BMW software has? I have to run a stage II in order to keep the increased emissions CEL from coming because of my HFC X-pipe. I just want to know if its worth getting it updated and paying for it. Thoughts?

Cheers,
Rob
This is a question best suited for Dinan directly. Give them a call and see what they say.
      03-14-2013, 07:17 PM   #6
MilehighM3
Colonel

Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas
This is a question best suited for Dinan directly. Give them a call and see what they say.
+1
The fan clubs are in early, talk to Dinan directly and see what they say. Ask them if they back date to a certain point, or if their tunes are recalibrated for the most up to date BMW software.
      03-14-2013, 07:47 PM   #7
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH Send a message via Skype™ to THE TECH
Since you already have the Dinan, I would definitely see what they are willing to do for you first. No sense in buying another tune just for the OEM software unless you are having an issue.
      03-15-2013, 09:57 AM   #8
BimmerRob08
Major

Drives: 2008 M3, Space Gray

Thanks fella's,

There are no issues I'm having and don't need to blow cash on a new tune so I'll heed the advise to check with Dinan first.
BimmerRob08 is offline   United_States