Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > UK

Steve Thomas BMW

03-11-2013, 05:12 AM   #1
CrucialScott
BMX Godfather

Drives: 2010 White E92 M3

SouthWest England M3 Meets?

Hello Guys,

Anyone on here from the Southwest of England or close? Anyone know any good BMW meets this way?

Also looking for someone who could re-code a battery for me? Anyone got the software? I'll throw you some beer

Cheers
CrucialScott is offline   England
      03-11-2013, 10:15 AM   #2
sylonien
Major

Drives: M3

I'm from Bristol/Bath
sylonien is offline   United Kingdom
      03-11-2013, 10:27 AM   #3
CrucialScott
BMX Godfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylonien View Post
I'm from Bristol/Bath
Awesome! Do you got to any car meets? Is your M3 stock or are you into modifying it?

We should meet up once i get mine running again, had it a week and its been nothing but trouble so far...
      03-11-2013, 06:20 PM   #4
sylonien
Major

Never met / and been to any meet before, even though I've been owning 335i for the past 3 years and got my M3 last Christmas. Want to though

I've done the crazy exhaust mod so far and attempted Xenon/HID angel eyes, but failed (flickering) and new MTEC LED number plate lights. That's all.

Shameless plug, youtube.com/media6d <- mine.

03-12-2013, 05:16 AM   #5
CrucialScott
BMX Godfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylonien View Post
Never met / and been to any meet before, even though I've been owning 335i for the past 3 years and got my M3 last Christmas. Want to though

I've done the crazy exhaust mod so far and attempted Xenon/HID angel eyes, but failed (flickering) and new MTEC LED number plate lights. That's all.

Shameless plug, youtube.com/media6d <- mine.

Funny how i was watching your video's a couple of nights ago and had no idea you were around these ways! Your car sounds amazing, i would love to do the back-box modification however i think i'd like to keep all the bits stock so that if i ever come to sale the car i can put it all back to standard (looking for a good back-box when i got some spare ). I've got a de-catted and non-resonated X-Pipe ready to go on, BMC filter and then i'm going to get the guys from BPM Sport in the US to remote tune (stage 2) and code my car....

You should just get the LED Angel Eyes, i got the LUX V3's and they are awesome...Plus no flickering or any other issues so far. I personally think they are more than bright enough too:

My car being a 2010 already has the Xenon headlights/LED Plate lights.

I've got problems with my car at the moment though, thought it was a dead battery but that since been inspected and deemed as good. If i leave my car for a day or two it will totally drain a fully charged battery...and last time i died it caused the engine light to come on that has yet to go back off/get the code read.
      03-12-2013, 07:52 AM   #6
sylonien
Major

1. The LUX are so expensive. Are they visible in daylight?
2. I'm almost tempted to go back stock and keep my xpipe cause it's so loud, maybe do a swap? Also which xpipe did you get?
3. Is it just me or is there no one else down in the south west?
      03-12-2013, 11:27 AM   #7
CrucialScott
BMX Godfather

Quote:
1. The LUX are so expensive. Are they visible in daylight?
2. I'm almost tempted to go back stock and keep my xpipe cause it's so loud, maybe do a swap? Also which xpipe did you get?
3. Is it just me or is there no one else down in the south west?
1) Yeah your right, i got mine off someone on here in the USA brand new never been fitted (i think they went the HID route in the end) and then used my work courier to collect them and bring them back home to me. Worked out a hell of a lot cheaper but if the die i have no warranty as LUX will normally replace them. Hopefully they last!

2) Sorry like i said i want to keep all my bits so i can go back to standard should i need to. I've got one of those cheap-ish X-Pipes that everyone was slagging off in the main forum. It looks really good and well made to me. Here is a link to the same part on ebay but why anyone would pay that price is beyond me. I paid 240 for the identical product, even in the same box and jazz.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-E90-E9...item19c8f0d56c

3) I think your right, maybe its because they are all poor basterd haha or just not dumb enough to have a car that does 10 to the gallon...
      03-12-2013, 08:04 PM   #8
sylonien
Major

1) I'm thinking of the MTEC LED ones. I like MTEC products but still expensive. Are they bright enough during the day?

2) How did you get it so cheap? Also isn't that like loud/raspy as hell? What about CEL and MOT?

3) Like seriously, no one else around for meeting? This forum is so dead down here.
      03-13-2013, 05:34 AM   #9
CrucialScott
BMX Godfather

YES! If i'm behind someone i can see the light from them in car in fronts rear bumper easily in bright day light (actually checked this midday yesterday), i would say they are 2-3X brighter than the stock bulbs. Bright enough for me. I don't like it when the rings look like they over-power the actual headlights.

I got the X-Pipe so cheap because i guess i was just in the right place at the right time. I was searching for exhausts on Ebay when i came across that X-Pipe with only an hour to ending on bidding with zero bids starting at 199.99. No one else bid on it and i had no idea if it was good or would even fit at that time (it was being sold as for a Saloon) but i thought for the price it was worth the gamble even if i had to chop it around a bit...

Turns out that the mid-section is identical across all the E9X shapes. Its only the tips on the back-box that are difference due to slight difference in the bumper. SCORE i say

Yes i've heard that it will be raspy but i can't see why it would be anymore raspy than what you already have...Its basically identical to what you have done but all stainless steel and Mandrel Bent. Plus when it comes to MOT time i can just switch the pipe back and fly through the emissions test without a worry...

I will have the CEL light on but i've priced up getting my car coded and stage 2 tuned by BPM Sports. Its a lot of money and i can't afford it right now but i will be having it done as soon as i can. That will get rid of the engine light and they can get me to over 400BHP AT THE WHEELS.

I don't think the Southwest likes M3's...I never even see one of the roads! Just shit loads of jap-crap.
      03-13-2013, 10:01 AM   #10
sylonien
Major

Hm... isn't it a bit of a hassle swapping it around? Do you do it yourself?

I don't have the money for the remap and coding etc. I'm thinking of adding some resonators in the xpipe or something. Just so raspy now.

Well I'll be interested to hear yours.

Do you know what, very good point. I never seen any around in Bath, come to think of it and I'm always always looking out for cars.

WTF.
      03-13-2013, 11:19 AM   #11
CrucialScott
BMX Godfather

I guess it would be hassle if you were working on a drive but i've got a full work-shop with a 4-ton two poster ramp in so honestly its not that big a problem at all.

I have no money either, so i know what that feels like. BPM just quoted 680 before postage of the cables for the tune and 1K for the tune and coding. About what i was expecting but i don't know when i'm going to have a spare butt-load of money to spend on it, although it will annoy the hell out of me once i fit my X-Pipe and get the CEL light on.

We can have a rev-off once mine up and running. Doubt i'll get it fitted by Sunday, although i might have a bash before work...

03-13-2013, 12:37 PM   #12
sylonien
Major

Wowsers. That is awesome.

Let me borrow your workshop sometime man. Haha.

Serious note, let us know how you get on with that xpipe when you do fit it.