BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada
 
Evolve Automotive
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-12-2013, 10:35 AM   #1
Havok_2011
Canada
58

 
Havok_2011's Avatar
 
Drives: Alpine White 2011 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toronto


Posts: 3,015
iTrader: (7)

Aftermarket Rims - What do you have?

Anyone here rolling with a set of aftermarket rims for the summer?

I am thinking of getting a summer set of rims wrapped in Michelin Super sport. Just wondering what people have on their M3's.

Let me know what you got Pics would be awesome

My car is Jerez Black Metallic, I am thinking of something concave with a chrome lip. Though some people say no to chrome lips on M3 E92's.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 10:41 AM   #2
apecush
Lieutenant
5

 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Edmonton


Posts: 446
iTrader: (2)

apex EC-7 the track, with either Nitto NT05 or Hankook RS3
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 10:53 AM   #3
nitroho
Enlisted Member
0

 
Drives: 2012 BMW M3 AW
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: canada


Posts: 43
iTrader: (0)

Lm's on mc sp sport
__________________
2012 Bmw M3 Aw
2012 landrover Evoque
2012 Acura Tl
2010 Mazda 3
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 12:00 PM   #4
Jon@Bimmersport Automotive
Banned
Canada
7

 
Drives: E90 M3 Active Supercharged
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Mississauga, On Canada


Posts: 350
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2003.5 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok_2011 View Post
Anyone here rolling with a set of aftermarket rims for the summer?

I am thinking of getting a summer set of rims wrapped in Michelin Super sport. Just wondering what people have on their M3's.

Let me know what you got Pics would be awesome

My car is Jerez Black Metallic, I am thinking of something concave with a chrome lip. Though some people say no to chrome lips on M3 E92's.
It sounds bland....but this is a really good look, cost effective too. ZCP with spacers (add a mild drop and your golden). I guess I am biased as this is what I have going on for my CB E46 M3. Rest of the $ goes into things like superchargers and that stuff you know





For non OEM look - BBS LM-R (I know, not concave) work really well for the E9X M3. All silver, or Diamond black center with RED caps either way.

FWIW, I think I saw a set of LM's on Kijiji by Kris (Kriston???) and we all know how this guy keeps his stuff.

If you want Apex rims at a good price, PM Superfly_M3 he has a set I beleive up for sale BNIB.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 01:10 PM   #5
redline9001
Captain
Canada
7

 
redline9001's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3, MDX, Titan
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Calgary, Canada


Posts: 656
iTrader: (0)

I have HRE P40SC on my Jerez Black car

Here is the thread with Pics

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...ght=tunerworks

And yes true crome is highly ghey, but a nice polished lip is just fine.
__________________
2011 E92 M3 | JEREZ BLACK | EXTENDED BAMBOO NOVILLO | EXECUTIVE PKG | M-DRIVE | EDC | M-DCT
MODS | KW S/O | HRE P40SC | Akra Evo |ESS Akra Tune | BMC drop in | StopTech Trophies | TMS Pulley | LUX V3
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 03:32 PM   #6
Texttae
Lieutenant
Canada
4

 
Drives: 12 E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Canada


Posts: 473
iTrader: (4)

VOLKS TE37
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 03:39 PM   #7
BMWNTHZST
Enthusiast
Canada
17

 
BMWNTHZST's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Toronto


Posts: 1,009
iTrader: (25)

Garage List
APEX ARC-8
Attached Images
 
__________________
2011 E70 X5 ///M Black Sapphire Metallic / Black
2008 E93 335i Black Sapphire Metallic / Saddle Brown
1997 840Ci Jet Black / Black
2004 E46 ///M3 Laguna Seca Blue / Black
2011 E92 ///M3 Alpine White / Black (gone but not forgotten )
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 03:49 PM   #8
kevin///mlee
Second Lieutenant
4

 
kevin///mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3, E30 M3
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA


Posts: 289
iTrader: (2)

18" TE37
__________________
Akrapovic | AngeliBright | APEX | Hankook | IND | JRZ RS1 | Macht Schnell | Mode Carbon | Volk Racing | Vorsteiner
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 05:40 PM   #9
twboy1999
Private First Class
1

 
Drives: e46 m3
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: toronto


Posts: 197
iTrader: (2)

bbs lm champion edition
__________________
2003.5 M3 Cb/Kiwi Full Supersprint
2013 Nissan GT-R White/Black
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 05:44 PM   #10
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
49

 
bobblehead's Avatar
 
Drives: warp speed
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto, On


Posts: 3,748
iTrader: (0)

Forgeline GA1R would look nice on yours.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 10:34 PM   #11
Simma
First Lieutenant
Canada
5

 
Simma's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Toronto


Posts: 322
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon@Bimmersport Automotive View Post
It sounds bland....but this is a really good look, cost effective too. ZCP with spacers (add a mild drop and your golden). I guess I am biased as this is what I have going on for my CB E46 M3. Rest of the $ goes into things like superchargers and that stuff you know





For non OEM look - BBS LM-R (I know, not concave) work really well for the E9X M3. All silver, or Diamond black center with RED caps either way.

FWIW, I think I saw a set of LM's on Kijiji by Kris (Kriston???) and we all know how this guy keeps his stuff.

If you want Apex rims at a good price, PM Superfly_M3 he has a set I beleive up for sale BNIB.
Very clean setup.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 12:48 AM   #12
bing240sx
Lieutenant
5

 
Drives: E90 M3 Sedan
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Canada


Posts: 404
iTrader: (2)

19x10 +25 RPF1's squared
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 09:05 AM   #13
BESTNDA416
Captain
Canada
8

 
BESTNDA416's Avatar
 
Drives: ESS VT3 750 E92
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Toronto


Posts: 647
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [4.83]
19x9.5 19x10 Mag blue Te37s
__________________
ESS VT3 750|KW V3|Yellow Brembo BBK|Mag Blue Te37|Toyo R888|RD sways|Akrapovic EVO Exhaust w/cf tips|Aem Gauges|LCI Taillights|Mode Carbon GT4 & LM Diffuser

EUROCHARGED CANADA
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 09:15 AM   #14
Havok_2011
Canada
58

 
Havok_2011's Avatar
 
Drives: Alpine White 2011 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toronto


Posts: 3,015
iTrader: (7)

Thanks for the posts guys....

Still trying to decide, might get a set of BBS or HRE's

Also found these rims called 360Forged Mesh8:

Name:  360Forged Mesh8.jpg
Views: 1825
Size:  206.9 KB

Name:  360 Forged Mesh 8 - 2.jpg
Views: 1764
Size:  379.1 KB
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 09:55 AM   #15
BESTNDA416
Captain
Canada
8

 
BESTNDA416's Avatar
 
Drives: ESS VT3 750 E92
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Toronto


Posts: 647
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [4.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok_2011 View Post
Thanks for the posts guys....

Still trying to decide, might get a set of BBS or HRE's

Also found these rims called 360Forged Mesh8:

Attachment 830137

Attachment 830138

There's a set of these posted in for sales thread somewhere, guy in states has them up, but HRE are the way to go if you got the money for it, too many people put BBS on the M3 its pretty common now a days, I would try and be different if anything
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 10:35 AM   #16
Gearhead999s
Major General
92

 
Gearhead999s's Avatar
 
Drives: F25 2.8d(wifes)F82 M4
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto


Posts: 6,803
iTrader: (0)

My track & present street set up.Apex Arc8's 18x10 25P with 275/35 18 PSS's.Not a great street setup as it tramlines too much with the 275's up front.Works great as my wet track setup.

Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 11:04 AM   #17
Havok_2011
Canada
58

 
Havok_2011's Avatar
 
Drives: Alpine White 2011 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toronto


Posts: 3,015
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead999s View Post
My track & present street set up.Apex Arc8's 18x10 25P with 275/35 18 PSS's.Not a great street setup as it tramlines too much with the 275's up front.Works great as my wet track setup.

wow 275s in the front is intense!
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 11:06 AM   #18
Havok_2011
Canada
58

 
Havok_2011's Avatar
 
Drives: Alpine White 2011 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toronto


Posts: 3,015
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BESTNDA416 View Post
There's a set of these posted in for sales thread somewhere, guy in states has them up, but HRE are the way to go if you got the money for it, too many people put BBS on the M3 its pretty common now a days, I would try and be different if anything
Yeah I saw it, its around 6 months old and the seller has not responded to any messages on his thread. So I am guessing they are sold.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 11:19 AM   #19
kchu221
JDM whore
South Korea
44

 
kchu221's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Porsche 911 Turbo
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: los angeles


Posts: 3,020
iTrader: (9)

OG white Volk TE37
__________________
2009 Porsche 911 Turbo
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 11:36 AM   #20
darnelld
Private First Class
1

 
Drives: 2006 Mystic Blue ZCP E46
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Jose, CA


Posts: 109
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWNTHZST View Post
APEX ARC-8
I love the M3 racing stripe. Seriously. I have no idea why, but it catches my eye in a good way every time.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 01:22 PM   #21
schnell325
Bored at work....
Canada
43

 
schnell325's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 M3,'11 335xi
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: BC


Posts: 3,868
iTrader: (5)

APEX ARC-8 18 x 9.5 and 10.5
__________________
'08 M3: AA G2L3, Catless X-Pipe & Sig Series Rear. AP rods. TC Kline EDC Coil Overs. MRF Alum Sub Frame Bushings. TMS Delrin Diff'l Bushings. BFI Motor Mounts. Recaro PP. BMW Perf Steering Wheel. P3 Gauge. PS Overflow Kit. APEX ARC-8 18"x9.5"/10.5". Conti Slicks 275/35F 305/30R. Stoptech Pads/SS Lines. Cantrell Brake Ducts.
http://5252motorsports.blogspot.ca/2...3-sleeper.html
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 02:53 PM   #22
BMWNTHZST
Enthusiast
Canada
17

 
BMWNTHZST's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Toronto


Posts: 1,009
iTrader: (25)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by darnelld View Post
I love the M3 racing stripe. Seriously. I have no idea why, but it catches my eye in a good way every time.
Thanks I only did that in preperation for Targa last year. Here's a pic of her all dressed up
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:35 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST