BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications
 
E92-lighting
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-09-2013, 10:31 AM   #1
Cameronc08
New Member
 
Drives: '12 E92 M3/ '06 S/C Saleen
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: SoCal

Posts: 27
iTrader: (0)

MW with red center caps and side markers?

On a mineral white/fox red e92, I have semi-gloss black ZCP rims with dark tint. Otherwise the car is stock. Going to order blacked out grill, black hood vents, color matched bumper reflectors, and black and white trunk and hood roundels. Now here is my question. Originally I wanted to get black and white bmw center caps, and dark tinted sidemarkers with a touch of color to add uniqueness. Was thinking red, orange, or blue. But that may look cheesy with no other color. I'm now thinking of getting side markers painted red and getting red bbs center caps. Any thoughts? Maybe even someone could do a photochop for me? Up for suggestions, want something slightly different than white or black side markers (not planning other mods other than lux eyes).
Cameronc08 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-09-2013, 09:48 PM   #2
M3_FJ
Captain
 
Drives: ///M
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Long Island, NY

Posts: 809
iTrader: (7)

IMO I wouldn't put BBS center caps on wheels other then BBS, it's like putting a Brembo decal on a OEM caliper. I'd stick with your original idea of the black/white BMW center caps. Second painting your side markers red isn't going to really "flow" nicely. Black is going to look best on white especially if all your other trim is black or going to be black as you stated. That's my 2 cents.
M3_FJ is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-09-2013, 10:35 PM   #3
skins333
Captain
 
skins333's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 E93 BMW M3 MR/'12 x5d SG
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Northern VA

Posts: 988
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_FJ View Post
IMO I wouldn't put BBS center caps on wheels other then BBS, it's like putting a Brembo decal on a OEM caliper. I'd stick with your original idea of the black/white BMW center caps. Second painting your side markers red isn't going to really "flow" nicely. Black is going to look best on white especially if all your other trim is black or going to be black as you stated. That's my 2 cents.
Actually, pretty sure the oem zcp wheels are made by bbs.
skins333 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-09-2013, 10:58 PM   #4
Cameronc08
New Member
 
Drives: '12 E92 M3/ '06 S/C Saleen
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: SoCal

Posts: 27
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins333 View Post
Actually, pretty sure the oem zcp wheels are made by bbs.
This is true, which is the only reason I considered the red caps. I may do the black/white all the way around, just thought a little color on the side markers might make a unique touch.
Cameronc08 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-10-2013, 10:50 AM   #5
M3_FJ
Captain
 
Drives: ///M
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Long Island, NY

Posts: 809
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins333 View Post
Actually, pretty sure the oem zcp wheels are made by bbs.
Hmm I did not know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameronc08 View Post
This is true, which is the only reason I considered the red caps. I may do the black/white all the way around, just thought a little color on the side markers might make a unique touch.
I wouldn't paint em. However I think, not positive, someone makes a side marker with a red lens. That may look ok?
M3_FJ is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:34 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST