BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > SPONSORS Classifieds/Groupbuys/Specials Area > Garage Tools / Supplies

PYSPEED

08-30-2012, 08:23 AM   #23
RBB
First Lieutenant

Drives: E92 M3

Just ordered a set of the jack stands with removable blocks. I've got some maintenance to do next weekend. Can't wait to give them a try and I'll be sure to post up my thoughts.
      08-30-2012, 07:07 PM   #24
Fred@ReverseLogic
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: SL550

There is a good chance you will receive the jack stands by 01-Sep. I shipped your order out this afternoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBB View Post
Just ordered a set of the jack stands with removable blocks. I've got some maintenance to do next weekend. Can't wait to give them a try and I'll be sure to post up my thoughts.
Fred@ReverseLogic is offline   United_States
      08-31-2012, 06:16 AM   #25
Novator
Captain

Drives: '04 E46 M3

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [4.00]
Definitely want to buy a set of these when I return back to the states, glad someone has finally made these a reality ;-)
      09-13-2012, 12:06 PM   #26
RBB
First Lieutenant

Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred@ReverseLogic View Post
There is a good chance you will receive the jack stands by 01-Sep. I shipped your order out this afternoon.
They did arrive on the 1st, Fred. I used them just as you suggested with no problems. Fast and easy to get the car up. I was using the ECS Tuning adapters previously but these stands are much more convenient. Great product.
      10-17-2012, 10:46 PM   #27
Fred@ReverseLogic

Jack Stand blems

The inner and outer tubes on the Torin jack stands are very consistent from one unit to the next. But, the saddles on the top of the inner tube vary somewhat from piece to piece and it's a challenge to drill the hole in the center of the tube. Up until recently I was using drilling fixtures to locate the hole in the saddle. Keeping the fixture aligned with the center of the tube is tedious due to the variations in the saddle length.

Now that the volume of jack stand sales has increased I needed to improve the process of drilling the 10mm hole. I am now drilling the hole using a lathe which guarantees the holes are perfectly centered in the inner tube regardless of minor variations in the shape of the saddle.

I have a few jack stands with less than perfectly centered 10mm holes (made before we were using the lathe to drill the holes). We also have a few jack stands with more than normal scratches in the finish and other minor imperfections. I don't have enough blems to list them as regularly available. However, you are welcome to check with me and if I have any blems I will discount them by $20.
      12-28-2012, 09:40 AM   #28
1&done
Captain

Drives: 2011 VO 1M

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [5.00]
2008 135i SOLD  [5.00]
Send a message via AIM to 1&done
PMd
      12-28-2012, 10:02 AM   #29
Fred@ReverseLogic

Thanks for your interest. PM responded to this morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1&done View Post
PMd
      12-31-2012, 09:05 AM   #30
1&done
Captain

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [5.00]
2008 135i SOLD  [5.00]
thnx for the open communication, looking fwd to the tools
      12-31-2012, 10:23 AM   #31
Fred@ReverseLogic

There's a good chance that you will receive the tools today. Please provide your feedback once you use the jack stands.

Quote:
thnx for the open communication, looking fwd to the tools
      01-12-2013, 11:35 PM   #32
1&done
Captain

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [5.00]
2008 135i SOLD  [5.00]
Sorry for the delay, thanks for the quick shipping. These jack-stands are spot on. Should have bought these a long time ago. Highly recommend, worth the extra $ over stands that don't fit our cars.
      01-13-2013, 12:03 AM   #33
Fred@ReverseLogic

Glad you are happy with the jack stands. If Torin wanted to they could offer the stands with the blocks on top instead of the generic flat-topped saddles for the same price as the standard stands. Then you could buy these from NT for $80 or the bookstore for $60. But the fact of the matter is that the T43004 stands have almost zero sales volume compared to the steel ones that sell for $20 or less per pair. If you go to the Torin website, the T43004 is not even shown as one of the available jack stand products.

The reason I have to charge a premium for the stands is that retrofitting the blocks onto the stands is not a very efficient process. First I have to take delivery of the consumer packaged stands. Then after opening a pallet full of cartons I need to separate the inner and outer tubes, drill the the holes in the saddles on a lathe with a spindle hole large enough to accommodate the tube, remove the spring loaded pins that keep the inner and outer tubes together, and mount the block. Then I have to modify the carton since the stands with the block won't fit back into the original package. Finally, there is the outbound shipping cost.

It's nice to hear that some people appreciate the results of my efforts despite the obscene price I have to charge to get this product to your doorstep.

Quote:
Sorry for the delay, thanks for the quick shipping. These jack-stands are spot on. Should have bought these a long time ago. Highly recommend, worth the extra $ over stands that don't fit our cars.

Last edited by Fred@ReverseLogic; 01-13-2013 at 12:09 AM.
      01-15-2013, 09:16 PM   #34
1&done
Captain

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [5.00]
2008 135i SOLD  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred@ReverseLogic View Post
Glad you are happy with the jack stands. If Torin wanted to they could offer the stands with the blocks on top instead of the generic flat-topped saddles for the same price as the standard stands. Then you could buy these from NT for $80 or the bookstore for $60. But the fact of the matter is that the T43004 stands have almost zero sales volume compared to the steel ones that sell for $20 or less per pair. If you go to the Torin website, the T43004 is not even shown as one of the available jack stand products.

The reason I have to charge a premium for the stands is that retrofitting the blocks onto the stands is not a very efficient process. First I have to take delivery of the consumer packaged stands. Then after opening a pallet full of cartons I need to separate the inner and outer tubes, drill the the holes in the saddles on a lathe with a spindle hole large enough to accommodate the tube, remove the spring loaded pins that keep the inner and outer tubes together, and mount the block. Then I have to modify the carton since the stands with the block won't fit back into the original package. Finally, there is the outbound shipping cost.

It's nice to hear that some people appreciate the results of my efforts despite the obscene price I have to charge to get this product to your doorstep.
...very appreciative In fact I may order a second set in the near future. I like to invest in good tools and do all my work myself, I save $ in the long run, ensure it's done to my anal standards, and have a little fun in the process. Thanks again for your innovative products.

btw, had I bought these before I did my suspension upgrade I would saved having to purchase new OEM jack-pads

again, worth the coin!
      01-16-2013, 11:58 AM   #35
Incompatible
Major

Drives: 07 AW Z4C 3.0Si

These are a great product, they work well (#1 priority), don't damage the underside, and go well with the quality look of our cars as a side benefit. If you consider what we spend to mod our cars and equip our garages, these really aren't pricey. Nothing like having the right tool for the job.
      01-17-2013, 10:50 AM   #36
ersin
Brigadier General

Drives: 08 IB E92 M3

I got a set of these (they are sold, and should only be used, in pairs) and have used them to change wheels. What can I say? They work. And they are very well done, high quality. They are about twice as expensive as your common jack stands that you might buy at Walmart but are worth the price. Walmart stands won't work on BMWs and you can still pay more elsewhere for stands that are not as nice. Recommended.

Cheers,

Ersin

I've been assimilated. 6MT/ZPP/18"/PS extended.
ersin is offline   United_States
      01-17-2013, 09:29 PM   #37
Fred@ReverseLogic

Thank you...

It's very gratifying to see all this positive feedback for such a simple modification to the Torin jack stands. I disassembled another pallet load of jack stands today. It's a little tedious to separate the inner and outer tubes. Unfortunately, this step is requred to fit the inner tube into the spindle of the lathe.
      01-23-2013, 04:22 PM   #38
Fred@ReverseLogic

Increase in International Postage

The rates for International Postage are increasing significantly on 27-Jan-2013. Unfortunately I will be raising the price for the jack stands shipped to any International destination beginning on Sunday. Fortunately, Domestic postal rates are not changing very much.
      01-28-2013, 07:39 AM   #39
mikew2069
Major

Drives: F30 335i MSport

Order placed and payment sent! Thanks for answering all of my questions and returning emails on a Sunday. Great communication!
      03-06-2013, 01:36 PM   #40
Fred@ReverseLogic

LTP Jack Stands

I have a couple of less than perfect jack stands available for $90 including shipping. Typically these have more than the normal amount of scratches on the red outer tubes. They will also have blocks with minor imperfections like dust specs in the powder coating or nicks incurred during shipping and handling. Drop me a note if you are interested since I don't have the LTP pricing on the website.
      04-02-2013, 10:22 AM   #41
j2m
Colonel

Drives: '11 E92 M3 DCT

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [5.00]
Just ordered 4 of the jack stands

11' E92 M3 Space Grey | DCT | ESS VT2- 625 | Gintani Race (valved) + Quad Res Catless X-Pipe | KW Sleeve's | GC Camber Plates|Arkym Diffuser | Vorsteiner VRS Lip | P3 Boost Guage | Stud Conversion
PHOTO's: Click Here ESS VT2 625 PHOTOS: Click Here
j2m is offline   Canada
      04-03-2013, 05:18 PM   #42
Johndong888
John

Drives: '12 AW/FR M3 & '14 F15 X5

Send a message via Skype™ to Johndong888
I had a few questions and Fred answered them precisely. Standup guy he is. Obviously I ordered one and they came the following day. Used them the past weekend when I was changing the oil myself. The blocks are really nice. More people need to get these. Now i just need to know what to do with my ugly craftsman one

Current - 2012 AW/FR E92 M3 - DCT w EDC, ZPP w Tech, Apps, Enhanced Sound, SAT.
Mods - BPMTune Stg1, Piano Black, Euro Visors, OEM Performance CF Spoiler + Grills + Pedals, IND Gloss Blk Pkg, Lux V3, ModeCarbon GTS V1 Lip, 19" HRE P40
Sold - 2008 BSM/Black E92 335i - Step, Premium, Sports, Logic7, Comfort, Navi, SAT, Alum.
Johndong888 is offline   United_States
      04-09-2013, 07:56 PM   #43
R0ME0
"Midas Touch"

Drives: E86 ///M

I already have the Torin Jack Stands. Anyway I can get just the risers with the jack adapter pieces built in? Let me know.
      04-09-2013, 08:12 PM   #44
1bad335
Captain

Drives: 2007 335I/ 2012 335I sportline

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0ME0 View Post
I already have the Torin Jack Stands. Anyway I can get just the risers with the jack adapter pieces built in? Let me know.
They sell just the blocks on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jack-Stand-b...c8eea3&vxp=mtr