BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications
 
Lux Angel Eyes
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-02-2013, 08:07 PM   #1
DATM3
Lieutenant
DATM3's Avatar
United_States
57
Rep
592
Posts

Drives: F10 M5 Sakhir Orange
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2013 BMW M6  [0.00]
Videos of Remus Sport exhaust

I just got a chance to make some videos of my newly installed Remus Sport exhaust with Eisenmann connecting pipes and ACM test pipes. It sounds good, but I'm not sure i can tolerate it for the long run. When i am coasting in 6th gear at 2k RPM it is kinda loud in the cabin.

Cold start video:



Warm Revs:
__________________
AW/SO F13 M6 | GruppeM Intake | JB4 | SS Catted DPs | M Performance Exhaust
AW/BM F80 M3 | JB4 | VRSF Downpipes

Last edited by DATM3; 03-02-2013 at 08:20 PM.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2013, 08:09 PM   #2
///M Power-Belgium
Major General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
4189
Rep
6,782
Posts

Drives: ///M3-DCT- E92 Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Links don't work !
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2013, 08:16 PM   #3
schnell325
Bored at work....
schnell325's Avatar
Canada
181
Rep
4,271
Posts

Drives: 2015 F80 M3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: VanIsle

iTrader: (6)



__________________
Grey Matter:2008 E92 M3:608/425. SG/PS SOLD!
Dark Matter:2015 F80 M3:495/505. AB/CB
? ? :2016 F82 M4 GTS --- October
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2013, 08:20 PM   #4
DATM3
Lieutenant
DATM3's Avatar
United_States
57
Rep
592
Posts

Drives: F10 M5 Sakhir Orange
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2013 BMW M6  [0.00]
Thanks schnell325! Btw nice car and color
__________________
AW/SO F13 M6 | GruppeM Intake | JB4 | SS Catted DPs | M Performance Exhaust
AW/BM F80 M3 | JB4 | VRSF Downpipes
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2013, 08:44 PM   #5
///M Power-Belgium
Major General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
4189
Rep
6,782
Posts

Drives: ///M3-DCT- E92 Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Sounds very good...but Remus sport +Eisenmann connecting pipes + ACM test pipes and G-Power !!! will alway's drone like a mofo
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2013, 01:31 PM   #6
schnell325
Bored at work....
schnell325's Avatar
Canada
181
Rep
4,271
Posts

Drives: 2015 F80 M3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: VanIsle

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznboi319 View Post
Thanks schnell325! Btw nice car and color


__________________
Grey Matter:2008 E92 M3:608/425. SG/PS SOLD!
Dark Matter:2015 F80 M3:495/505. AB/CB
? ? :2016 F82 M4 GTS --- October
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2013, 01:46 PM   #7
Koldun
Banned
6
Rep
659
Posts

Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Sounds very good...but Remus sport +Eisenmann connecting pipes + ACM test pipes and G-Power !!! will alway's drone like a mofo
Sorry for the necro, but the Remus is on my short list, and I'm curious about this statement. The Remus is far from the loudest exhaust out there and quite a few other exhausts (Dinan, Megan, etc) have been reported to successfully pair with test pipes with little or no drone. Is it the connecting pipes?
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2013, 02:25 PM   #8
///M Power-Belgium
Major General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
4189
Rep
6,782
Posts

Drives: ///M3-DCT- E92 Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koldun View Post
Sorry for the necro, but the Remus is on my short list, and I'm curious about this statement. The Remus is far from the loudest exhaust out there and quite a few other exhausts (Dinan, Megan, etc) have been reported to successfully pair with test pipes with little or no drone. Is it the connecting pipes?
Yes , the best exhaust sound for me personal is Megan with MS testpipe,but will drone a little ,put your headphone on..and check this out>>>i regret that i can't do this here in Belgium(the yearly car inspection !)damn !

Hope this will help my friend
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT software update & Servotronic & coding///Alpine HID Angeleyes///Oem.exhaust mod.

Last edited by ///M Power-Belgium; 09-21-2013 at 02:31 PM.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2013, 11:22 PM   #9
p-streets
M3NTAL
United_States
5
Rep
300
Posts

Drives: 09 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: LAND OF THE LOST TEXAS

iTrader: (1)

Just got rid of my Remus race for a gt2 and I am very surprised it is not as loud as the Remus and almost zero drone. I have it with a catless but resonated xpipe and love it I'm going to pair it up with another set of resonators. The Remus will be missed that thing demanded attention on my down shifts lol
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 12:16 AM   #10
Koldun
Banned
6
Rep
659
Posts

Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Yes , the best exhaust sound for me personal is Megan with MS testpipe,but will drone a little ,put your headphone on..and check this out>>>i regret that i can't do this here in Belgium(the yearly car inspection !)damn !

Hope this will help my friend
The big question is where it drones. If it is at ~2000RPM where even the OEM drones a little, that's not a problem. If it's at the 2800-3200 RPM range, that might be an issue since that's the 7th gear's cruising range on the highway.

Still, interesting video, thanks for sharing.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 01:05 PM   #11
///M Power-Belgium
Major General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
4189
Rep
6,782
Posts

Drives: ///M3-DCT- E92 Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koldun View Post
The big question is where it drones. If it is at ~2000RPM where even the OEM drones a little, that's not a problem. If it's at the 2800-3200 RPM range, that might be an issue since that's the 7th gear's cruising range on the highway.

Still, interesting video, thanks for sharing.
I did a search and found the man with setup of Megan with MS testpipe...
He is a member on this forum ...so if you want you can always ask him with a PM of this setup will drone and in what rpm range
Here the link to the man and hope this will help >>>http://www.m3post.com/forums/member.php?u=4194
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT software update & Servotronic & coding///Alpine HID Angeleyes///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 02:19 PM   #12
DATM3
Lieutenant
DATM3's Avatar
United_States
57
Rep
592
Posts

Drives: F10 M5 Sakhir Orange
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2013 BMW M6  [0.00]
I have since then tried an OEM exhaust mod and now a valvetronic exhaust. You can't beat being able to control the volume. I plan on replacing the 2ndary cats with another set of resonators. I heard it gives the exhaust a little more raspy tone which I kind of miss from the OEM exhaust mod.
__________________
AW/SO F13 M6 | GruppeM Intake | JB4 | SS Catted DPs | M Performance Exhaust
AW/BM F80 M3 | JB4 | VRSF Downpipes
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 02:34 PM   #13
///M Power-Belgium
Major General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
4189
Rep
6,782
Posts

Drives: ///M3-DCT- E92 Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznboi319 View Post
I have since then tried an OEM exhaust mod and now a valvetronic exhaust. You can't beat being able to control the volume. I plan on replacing the 2ndary cats with another set of resonators. I heard it gives the exhaust a little more raspy tone which I kind of miss from the OEM exhaust mod.
How's your car running with the G-Power SK II SC ?
No problems ? and how many miles on it ?
I ask this because when i drive 20 min. i'm in Germany...and i consider this SC kit
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT software update & Servotronic & coding///Alpine HID Angeleyes///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 02:39 PM   #14
DATM3
Lieutenant
DATM3's Avatar
United_States
57
Rep
592
Posts

Drives: F10 M5 Sakhir Orange
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2013 BMW M6  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
How's your car running with the G-Power SK II SC ?
No problems ? and how many miles on it ?
I ask this because i'm a 20 min. drive away from Germany...and i consider this SC kit
It's still running strong. I haven't had any problems so far with the kit. I have had the kit on my car since 58K miles and it currently has 75K miles on it. The car still pull really hard. You can see some victories I had at a 1/2 mile event from my other thread: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=889928

I am starting to itch for more power though so I am considering doing a LC build to up the boost.
__________________
AW/SO F13 M6 | GruppeM Intake | JB4 | SS Catted DPs | M Performance Exhaust
AW/BM F80 M3 | JB4 | VRSF Downpipes
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 03:23 PM   #15
///M Power-Belgium
Major General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
4189
Rep
6,782
Posts

Drives: ///M3-DCT- E92 Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznboi319 View Post
It's still running strong. I haven't had any problems so far with the kit. I have had the kit on my car since 58K miles and it currently has 75K miles on it. The car still pull really hard. You can see some victories I had at a 1/2 mile event from my other thread: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=889928

I am starting to itch for more power though so I am considering doing a LC build to up the boost.
Now i have seen that your car is realy fast man with the G-Power SKII !
And thank you very much for the amazing link (i missed that thread of you)
I have seen a lot of fast cars and heard the sound of power ...congrats man and thx for sharing
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT software update & Servotronic & coding///Alpine HID Angeleyes///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:38 PM.




m3post
m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST