BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-23-2013, 06:57 PM   #89
SROC5
Addicted to Track
 
SROC5's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: USCON

Posts: 1,587
iTrader: (3)

Nice, ILB is pretty awesome on this car! You might have sold me on the performance spoiler.
__________________

| Akrapovic Evo | ESSi | Swift Spec-R | CF Spoiler | APEX ARC-8 | RS-3 | PFC-08 | DIF |
SROC5 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-23-2013, 07:07 PM   #90
MerrittM3
Major
 
MerrittM3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: NY

Posts: 1,200
iTrader: (10)

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineE92M3 View Post
Amazing! Congrats looks beautiful! Soo happy but soo jealous :-)
haha thanks! At least you already have an M. This is my first ever. Custom ordered and built to my liking.

She's basically fully loaded with the exception of DCT and CF roof.

Taking my wife out to meet some friends tonigh! Yeah buddy!
__________________
2013 M3 - IB - 6MT - ZCP - ZPP - ZCW
MerrittM3 is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-23-2013, 07:10 PM   #91
MerrittM3
Major
 
MerrittM3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: NY

Posts: 1,200
iTrader: (10)

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SROC5 View Post
Nice, ILB is pretty awesome on this car! You might have sold me on the performance spoiler.
Yeah, the performance spoiler sets it off. Probably do a rear diffuser at some point.
__________________
2013 M3 - IB - 6MT - ZCP - ZPP - ZCW
MerrittM3 is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-23-2013, 07:52 PM   #92
blackmars
FengShuiMaster
 
Drives: 13 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Philadelphia

Posts: 125
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Congrats!!! , here is mine,picked up just today !!

__________________
13 M3 Coupe/ZCP/ZMT/PDC
14 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Freedom Edition


Last edited by blackmars; 02-23-2013 at 07:52 PM. Reason: change pic
blackmars is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2013, 09:16 AM   #93
MerrittM3
Major
 
MerrittM3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: NY

Posts: 1,200
iTrader: (10)

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmars View Post
Congrats!!! , here is mine,picked up just today !!

Congrats my Boheme brother!

So needless to say i am too excited to sleep anymore on this Sunday.

Up early..ready to start my minor mods = )

Gonna throw on my OEM black kidney grills, BMW M3 weather matts, IND color matched reflectors and Lux V3 angel eyes.

Will post a before and after!

__________________
2013 M3 - IB - 6MT - ZCP - ZPP - ZCW
MerrittM3 is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2013, 02:36 PM   #94
AlpineE92M3
Currently Driving
 
AlpineE92M3's Avatar
 
Drives: BPM tuned '13 AW ZCP E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rochester, NY

Posts: 704
iTrader: (8)

Garage List
2013 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Congrats guys! More pics!!!
AlpineE92M3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2013, 03:34 PM   #95
gr0n
New Member
 
gr0n's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 AW E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Columbus, OH

Posts: 14
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Congrats guys! It looks like I'm a couple of weeks behind you waiting for my E92 AW M3... she's due in Baltimore on the ship "Honor" on 2/27 and then however long it takes to get to Cincinnati from there. The anxiety is really building now!
__________________
gr0n is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2013, 04:29 PM   #96
MerrittM3
Major
 
MerrittM3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: NY

Posts: 1,200
iTrader: (10)

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
So i finished up the Lux angel eyes, IND color match reflector and tried to install the kidney grills but they were too big. Looks like they dont fit after all. I think im going to order the oem M3 grills but kind like the chrome kidney look too. Goes well with the wheels. What do you guys think?

Here are some shots i took today while driving around.















__________________
2013 M3 - IB - 6MT - ZCP - ZPP - ZCW
MerrittM3 is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2013, 05:15 PM   #97
AlpineE92M3
Currently Driving
 
AlpineE92M3's Avatar
 
Drives: BPM tuned '13 AW ZCP E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rochester, NY

Posts: 704
iTrader: (8)

Garage List
2013 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Looking great! What grills did you get that were too big? What tires came on them? Continental?
AlpineE92M3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2013, 07:22 PM   #98
MerrittM3
Major
 
MerrittM3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: NY

Posts: 1,200
iTrader: (10)

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineE92M3 View Post
Looking great! What grills did you get that were too big? What tires came on them? Continental?
Yes it came with the Continentals. Tires feel really really nice to be honest. Very smooth and comfortable ride. Even my wife thinks so.

I have the blacked out kidney grills from my 2011 335XI with M-Sport. I thought that they may fit since it was the LCI but nope.. too small.

IDK if i want to swap em out though... kinda completes the look with the wheels and gills. What do you think?
__________________
2013 M3 - IB - 6MT - ZCP - ZPP - ZCW
MerrittM3 is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2013, 07:35 PM   #99
AlpineE92M3
Currently Driving
 
AlpineE92M3's Avatar
 
Drives: BPM tuned '13 AW ZCP E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rochester, NY

Posts: 704
iTrader: (8)

Garage List
2013 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerrittM3 View Post
Yes it came with the Continentals. Tires feel really really nice to be honest. Very smooth and comfortable ride. Even my wife thinks so.

I have the blacked out kidney grills from my 2011 335XI with M-Sport. I thought that they may fit since it was the LCI but nope.. too small.

IDK if i want to swap em out though... kinda completes the look with the wheels and gills. What do you think?
The car looks amazing as is. It's all matter of personal preference. I personally am going all carbon fiber. I want everything to match. I have the front grills, side gills, hood vents all from IND. They are amazing quality and can't wait to put them on the car! They will match the CFroof and CF BMW spoiler nicely. Are your Lux 5000 or 6500k? Have any night shots? I have the 6500k. Ur M looks amazing bro, keep it up!
AlpineE92M3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2013, 07:42 PM   #100
MerrittM3
Major
 
MerrittM3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: NY

Posts: 1,200
iTrader: (10)

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineE92M3 View Post
The car looks amazing as is. It's all matter of personal preference. I personally am going all carbon fiber. I want everything to match. I have the front grills, side gills, hood vents all from IND. They are amazing quality and can't wait to put them on the car! They will match the CFroof and CF BMW spoiler nicely. Are your Lux 5000 or 6500k? Have any night shots? I have the 6500k. Ur M looks amazing bro, keep it up!
TY Sir. Your not too far from me, we'll have to get up some time. Yeah i can see the cf/white look with you car. Very clean combo.

My Lux are the V3's.. i believe 6500. No night shots yet. i will do that soon.
__________________
2013 M3 - IB - 6MT - ZCP - ZPP - ZCW
MerrittM3 is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2013, 09:05 PM   #101
RingMeister01
F*ck Titles
 
RingMeister01's Avatar
 
Drives: F82 M4 Individual
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Long Island, NY

Posts: 2,016
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerrittM3 View Post
Yes it came with the Continentals. Tires feel really really nice to be honest. Very smooth and comfortable ride. Even my wife thinks so.

I have the blacked out kidney grills from my 2011 335XI with M-Sport. I thought that they may fit since it was the LCI but nope.. too small.

IDK if i want to swap em out though... kinda completes the look with the wheels and gills. What do you think?
The car looks great man, congrats!!
__________________
F82 M4 / Individual 1 of 1
RingMeister01 is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2013, 09:17 PM   #102
MerrittM3
Major
 
MerrittM3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: NY

Posts: 1,200
iTrader: (10)

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RingMeister01
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerrittM3 View Post
Yes it came with the Continentals. Tires feel really really nice to be honest. Very smooth and comfortable ride. Even my wife thinks so.

I have the blacked out kidney grills from my 2011 335XI with M-Sport. I thought that they may fit since it was the LCI but nope.. too small.

IDK if i want to swap em out though... kinda completes the look with the wheels and gills. What do you think?
The car looks great man, congrats!!
Thanks bro. Really happy with the purchase. Now to make more power lol
__________________
2013 M3 - IB - 6MT - ZCP - ZPP - ZCW
MerrittM3 is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2013, 09:24 PM   #103
SROC5
Addicted to Track
 
SROC5's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: USCON

Posts: 1,587
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerrittM3 View Post
Thanks bro. Really happy with the purchase. Now to make more power lol
Congrats again, you should do the DIY for Radar Detector install vs. using the lighter socket with cords sticking out. The V1 DIY wire tap method via fuse box works well and is easy once you're in there messing around.
__________________

| Akrapovic Evo | ESSi | Swift Spec-R | CF Spoiler | APEX ARC-8 | RS-3 | PFC-08 | DIF |
SROC5 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2013, 10:02 PM   #104
MerrittM3
Major
 
MerrittM3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: NY

Posts: 1,200
iTrader: (10)

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SROC5 View Post
Congrats again, you should do the DIY for Radar Detector install vs. using the lighter socket with cords sticking out. The V1 DIY wire tap method via fuse box works well and is easy once you're in there messing around.
Totally agree. I saw a thread on that the other day. Looks very clean. One thing at a time lol

I do however have a Vishnu tune and meth kit on its way now. I plan to order a challenge xpipe this week too.
__________________
2013 M3 - IB - 6MT - ZCP - ZPP - ZCW
MerrittM3 is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-25-2013, 06:15 AM   #105
SROC5
Addicted to Track
 
SROC5's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: USCON

Posts: 1,587
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerrittM3 View Post
Totally agree. I saw a thread on that the other day. Looks very clean. One thing at a time lol

I do however have a Vishnu tune and meth kit on its way now. I plan to order a challenge xpipe this week too.
very interesting on the tune, you'll have to write a review. Everyone here gets ESS, BPM, Evolve.
__________________

| Akrapovic Evo | ESSi | Swift Spec-R | CF Spoiler | APEX ARC-8 | RS-3 | PFC-08 | DIF |
SROC5 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-25-2013, 09:15 AM   #106
MerrittM3
Major
 
MerrittM3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: NY

Posts: 1,200
iTrader: (10)

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SROC5 View Post
very interesting on the tune, you'll have to write a review. Everyone here gets ESS, BPM, Evolve.
Yeah i am still semi on the fence about it. I had a 335xi with the vishnu tune and meth kit. The meth kit was only a month old. for a small fee, Vishnu upgraded my N55 Procede 2.5 V 3 tune into a M3 V3 tune and altered my slightly used meth kit to work with the M3. So for less than $500, i got a tune and meth kit which should add considerable gains.

I have however been considering selling the tune and meth kit and just getting an ESS tune but the gains wont be the same.

TBH, the Procede tune for my N55 was pretty damn good.
__________________
2013 M3 - IB - 6MT - ZCP - ZPP - ZCW
MerrittM3 is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-25-2013, 02:24 PM   #107
SROC5
Addicted to Track
 
SROC5's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: USCON

Posts: 1,587
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerrittM3 View Post
Yeah i am still semi on the fence about it. I had a 335xi with the vishnu tune and meth kit. The meth kit was only a month old. for a small fee, Vishnu upgraded my N55 Procede 2.5 V 3 tune into a M3 V3 tune and altered my slightly used meth kit to work with the M3. So for less than $500, i got a tune and meth kit which should add considerable gains.

I have however been considering selling the tune and meth kit and just getting an ESS tune but the gains wont be the same.

TBH, the Procede tune for my N55 was pretty damn good.
Yea, for the N55, Vishnu and JBs were all you would get. No question. However, I'd be surprised if the Vishnu pkg delivered major documented gains and no one here was onto it. Then again, there's always a first.

I did a quick search and the Vishnu tune was mentioned to deliver 10hp on its own, which isn't much.

In any case, share your data when you get it because it would be a seemingly new thing if Vishnu Tune + Meth for $500 would net more than 20hp - 25hp in rwhp.
__________________

| Akrapovic Evo | ESSi | Swift Spec-R | CF Spoiler | APEX ARC-8 | RS-3 | PFC-08 | DIF |
SROC5 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-25-2013, 02:37 PM   #108
MerrittM3
Major
 
MerrittM3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: NY

Posts: 1,200
iTrader: (10)

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SROC5 View Post
Yea, for the N55, Vishnu and JBs were all you would get. No question. However, I'd be surprised if the Vishnu pkg delivered major documented gains and no one here was onto it. Then again, there's always a first.

I did a quick search and the Vishnu tune was mentioned to deliver 10hp on its own, which isn't much.

In any case, share your data when you get it because it would be a seemingly new thing if Vishnu Tune + Meth for $500 would net more than 20hp - 25hp in rwhp.
Ok. I am now sorta having second thoughts after also consulting some friends. You may just see it in the fs section soon lol.
__________________
2013 M3 - IB - 6MT - ZCP - ZPP - ZCW
MerrittM3 is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-27-2013, 02:54 PM   #109
MerrittM3
Major
 
MerrittM3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: NY

Posts: 1,200
iTrader: (10)

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Gentleman. Just wanted to throw out there that i absolutely love my M3. It is such a joy and pleasure to drive. I had a 335 before that was pretty modded and was afraid the M3 would feel "slower". Well it doesn't. I notice a little less torque but the car/engine is way more responsive.

All i want to do is drive now.. any excuse to go anywhere. I am so happy i got this last year production. Well worth it.

Hope you are all enjoying your M3's as much as i am.
__________________
2013 M3 - IB - 6MT - ZCP - ZPP - ZCW
MerrittM3 is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-27-2013, 04:16 PM   #110
jdip23
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 2011 335IS
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NJ

Posts: 34
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
2011 BMW 335IS  [0.00]
congrats it looks great! i am picking mine up tomorrow! it'll be like a 6 year old trying to sleep christmas morning!
jdip23 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:44 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST