BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Video + PC Gaming / Computing
 
OneEighty
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-23-2013, 12:34 PM   #1
S54dan
I no longer work for United BMW!
S54dan's Avatar
107
Rep
3,327
Posts

 
Drives: E46 M3, E46 330i ZHP, E36 325i
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA

iTrader: (36)

Garage List
1994 BMW 325i  [4.25]
2005 M3  [5.00]
2005 325i  [4.00]
2003 330i ZHP  [4.50]
Forza 4 – Winter 2013 Endurance Challenge

I’m looking for 6 additional players to compete in our 5th season of Forza Motorsport racing. All the guys who enter are track/racing enthusiasts so the atmosphere has always been competitive, but good. Races are typically 45 minutes to 1 hour long.

Season 5 details:
***3 entries available for LMP2; Honda Lola is the only car choice available.
***3 entries available for GT2; Only the following cars available in GT2 (R3-prepped): E92 M3, 458 Italia, SRT Viper, C6.R Corvette, and the Porsche RSR.
No tuning or car upgrades; this keeps the racing at a strict level of competitiveness
.....full list of rules here

Races are on Sundays at 9PM Eastern Time Zone.

Entry requirements:
- Good to expert level of playing; Must be able to handle heavy traffic without wrecking.
- Dedication. A race is most fun with 16 people.
- Patience. Some races you will get damaged, no way around that.
- Sportsmanship.

At the end of the day, it’s all fun and games. However all of us are very competitive and enjoy a good race. Hopefully we can add some people to our group.

Our Facebook | Our Blog

A video of our last endurance challenge; opener at Sebring.
__________________
Former employee of United BMW. I am now employed by Mercedes-Benz.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 06:39 PM   #2
JackR
First Lieutenant
JackR's Avatar
5
Rep
302
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 330d SE
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Somerset, United Kingdom

iTrader: (0)

I'd have been majorly keen if it was at a sensible time!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2013, 10:41 AM   #3
Dylanize
Captain Dutch Rudder
Dylanize's Avatar
16
Rep
1,569
Posts

 
Drives: 07' E92
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Queen City, NC

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan@UnitedBMW View Post
I’m looking for 6 additional players to compete in our 5th season of Forza Motorsport racing. All the guys who enter are track/racing enthusiasts so the atmosphere has always been competitive, but good. Races are typically 45 minutes to 1 hour long.

Season 5 details:
***3 entries available for LMP2; Honda Lola is the only car choice available.
***3 entries available for GT2; Only the following cars available in GT2 (R3-prepped): E92 M3, 458 Italia, SRT Viper, C6.R Corvette, and the Porsche RSR.
No tuning or car upgrades; this keeps the racing at a strict level of competitiveness
.....full list of rules here

Races are on Sundays at 9PM Eastern Time Zone.

Entry requirements:
- Good to expert level of playing; Must be able to handle heavy traffic without wrecking.
- Dedication. A race is most fun with 16 people.
- Patience. Some races you will get damaged, no way around that.
- Sportsmanship.

At the end of the day, it’s all fun and games. However all of us are very competitive and enjoy a good race. Hopefully we can add some people to our group.

Our Facebook | Our Blog

A video of our last endurance challenge; opener at Sebring.
Im always down for a good race!

GT: BlingMasta D

Just hit me up!
__________________

| Platinum Bronze Metallic | AA | VMR | ACS | DJApex Eurobox |
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 03:38 PM   #4
S54dan
I no longer work for United BMW!
S54dan's Avatar
107
Rep
3,327
Posts

 
Drives: E46 M3, E46 330i ZHP, E36 325i
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA

iTrader: (36)

Garage List
1994 BMW 325i  [4.25]
2005 M3  [5.00]
2005 325i  [4.00]
2003 330i ZHP  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylanize View Post
Im always down for a good race!

GT: BlingMasta D

Just hit me up!
Will do tomorrow
__________________
Former employee of United BMW. I am now employed by Mercedes-Benz.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 03:45 PM   #5
greenmoldy
Private First Class
3
Rep
115
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 e93 M3
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Irvine, CA

iTrader: (0)

If you're still doing this, I'll fire up forza for it.
GT : green moldymilk
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 04:13 PM   #6
heiman5
Private First Class
1
Rep
127
Posts

 
Drives: '08 BSM / Coral 135i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Boston, MA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackR View Post
I'd have been majorly keen if it was at a sensible time!!!
Whats wrong with Sunday's at 9 PM??

Is there like a tryout or something to gauge skill level? I do not play online much but would love to get involved.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 04:30 PM   #7
JackR
First Lieutenant
JackR's Avatar
5
Rep
302
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 330d SE
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Somerset, United Kingdom

iTrader: (0)

I live in the UK and shall be asleep...

Quote:
Originally Posted by heiman5 View Post
Whats wrong with Sunday's at 9 PM??

Is there like a tryout or something to gauge skill level? I do not play online much but would love to get involved.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 04:36 PM   #8
heiman5
Private First Class
1
Rep
127
Posts

 
Drives: '08 BSM / Coral 135i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Boston, MA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackR View Post
I live in the UK and shall be asleep...
just saw that. guess that would be a bit late!
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 04:37 PM   #9
Greenkirby21
Vrooom :)
Greenkirby21's Avatar
United_States
91
Rep
2,608
Posts

 
Drives: C7 Stringray
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Dream Land

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to Greenkirby21
no try out. just for fun but still very competitive. There are some really pro guys like dan and then there are noobs like me ^_^
__________________
2014 C7 Corvette Stringray - Laguna Blue - NPP Exhaust - Competition Seats
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 05:05 PM   #10
JackR
First Lieutenant
JackR's Avatar
5
Rep
302
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 330d SE
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Somerset, United Kingdom

iTrader: (0)

What time does Dream Lang run on? :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenkirby21 View Post
no try out. just for fun but still very competitive. There are some really pro guys like dan and then there are noobs like me ^_^
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 06:01 PM   #11
heiman5
Private First Class
1
Rep
127
Posts

 
Drives: '08 BSM / Coral 135i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Boston, MA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenkirby21 View Post
no try out. just for fun but still very competitive. There are some really pro guys like dan and then there are noobs like me ^_^
awesome, I would def like to get involved then
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 08:52 PM   #12
Greenkirby21
Vrooom :)
Greenkirby21's Avatar
United_States
91
Rep
2,608
Posts

 
Drives: C7 Stringray
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Dream Land

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to Greenkirby21
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackR View Post
What time does Dream Lang run on? :P
haha the best time aka central time
__________________
2014 C7 Corvette Stringray - Laguna Blue - NPP Exhaust - Competition Seats
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 01:24 PM   #13
S54dan
I no longer work for United BMW!
S54dan's Avatar
107
Rep
3,327
Posts

 
Drives: E46 M3, E46 330i ZHP, E36 325i
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA

iTrader: (36)

Garage List
1994 BMW 325i  [4.25]
2005 M3  [5.00]
2005 325i  [4.00]
2003 330i ZHP  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmoldy View Post
If you're still doing this, I'll fire up forza for it.
GT : green moldymilk
Will do tonight.

My GT is LT Eggroll F14

Also, if you guys are interested, join the facebook group in the link above. Easiest way to stay in touch with the league.
__________________
Former employee of United BMW. I am now employed by Mercedes-Benz.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 01:24 PM   #14
S54dan
I no longer work for United BMW!
S54dan's Avatar
107
Rep
3,327
Posts

 
Drives: E46 M3, E46 330i ZHP, E36 325i
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA

iTrader: (36)

Garage List
1994 BMW 325i  [4.25]
2005 M3  [5.00]
2005 325i  [4.00]
2003 330i ZHP  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenkirby21 View Post
no try out. just for fun but still very competitive. There are some really pro guys like dan and then there are noobs like me ^_^
Hurry up and buy another Xbox!
__________________
Former employee of United BMW. I am now employed by Mercedes-Benz.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2013, 02:56 AM   #15
manutdas11
EL JIMMY NEURON
manutdas11's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
1,209
Posts

 
Drives: Jet Black E90
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: in the Napa Valley/SJ...

iTrader: (0)

This still going on? I just got this game yesterday and I'm hooked. Level 20 now. haha
__________________
2007 Jet Black E90 328i
Thread: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=825249
Instagram: manutd_as
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2013, 10:35 PM   #16
Greenkirby21
Vrooom :)
Greenkirby21's Avatar
United_States
91
Rep
2,608
Posts

 
Drives: C7 Stringray
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Dream Land

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to Greenkirby21
Quote:
Originally Posted by manutdas11 View Post
This still going on? I just got this game yesterday and I'm hooked. Level 20 now. haha
I think Dan is working on starting a summer league soon but I'm not sure. I think he is off right now getting married

also forza 5 is coming out so I am sure we will have races in the winter for that
__________________
2014 C7 Corvette Stringray - Laguna Blue - NPP Exhaust - Competition Seats
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2013, 03:08 PM   #17
S54dan
I no longer work for United BMW!
S54dan's Avatar
107
Rep
3,327
Posts

 
Drives: E46 M3, E46 330i ZHP, E36 325i
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA

iTrader: (36)

Garage List
1994 BMW 325i  [4.25]
2005 M3  [5.00]
2005 325i  [4.00]
2003 330i ZHP  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by manutdas11 View Post
This still going on? I just got this game yesterday and I'm hooked. Level 20 now. haha
I'm working on a season but it's on the back burner right now. As Kirby said, I'm getting hitched next weekend and have several track events scheduled after that. Once those are done, I'll be back full force working on a season!

I do still get on from time to time, hit me up (my GT is above)
__________________
Former employee of United BMW. I am now employed by Mercedes-Benz.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2013, 03:46 PM   #18
Wrecker335d
Wondering what to do..
Wrecker335d's Avatar
United_States
7
Rep
587
Posts

 
Drives: like a cock
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Quantico or Long Island

iTrader: (3)

I just got the game as well. I played online today for the 1st time with random people, and I got sick of it. Douchenozzle's kept ramming other people off the road purposely to get ahead, happen 3/3 races I was in with different groups of people.

I'll be looking forward to a race session from here. I assume you guys will race a fair game and it will be enjoyable.
__________________
Mods: JBD, 35% tint, Wagner Intercooler, Bilstien B12 Kit, M3 Control Arms

OEF Veteran
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2013, 07:59 PM   #19
manutdas11
EL JIMMY NEURON
manutdas11's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
1,209
Posts

 
Drives: Jet Black E90
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: in the Napa Valley/SJ...

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenkirby21 View Post
I think Dan is working on starting a summer league soon but I'm not sure. I think he is off right now getting married

also forza 5 is coming out so I am sure we will have races in the winter for that
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan@UnitedBMW View Post
I'm working on a season but it's on the back burner right now. As Kirby said, I'm getting hitched next weekend and have several track events scheduled after that. Once those are done, I'll be back full force working on a season!

I do still get on from time to time, hit me up (my GT is above)
Cool! Thanks for the info! I'll be practicing in the meanwhile because I'll need lots of it haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkUSMC View Post
I just got the game as well. I played online today for the 1st time with random people, and I got sick of it. Douchenozzle's kept ramming other people off the road purposely to get ahead, happen 3/3 races I was in with different groups of people.

I'll be looking forward to a race session from here. I assume you guys will race a fair game and it will be enjoyable.
I'm down to race haha GT: EL JIMMY NEURON
__________________
2007 Jet Black E90 328i
Thread: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=825249
Instagram: manutd_as
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2013, 10:41 AM   #20
S54dan
I no longer work for United BMW!
S54dan's Avatar
107
Rep
3,327
Posts

 
Drives: E46 M3, E46 330i ZHP, E36 325i
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA

iTrader: (36)

Garage List
1994 BMW 325i  [4.25]
2005 M3  [5.00]
2005 325i  [4.00]
2003 330i ZHP  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by manutdas11 View Post
Cool! Thanks for the info! I'll be practicing in the meanwhile because I'll need lots of it haha.



I'm down to race haha GT: EL JIMMY NEURON
Here's how to get good, fast...

E class car -> Simulated Steering -> ABS Off -> 20 laps of Road Atlanta. Then move up, 20 laps each until you can drive Road Atlanta in a R998 car (R1).
__________________
Former employee of United BMW. I am now employed by Mercedes-Benz.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2013, 09:16 PM   #21
manutdas11
EL JIMMY NEURON
manutdas11's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
1,209
Posts

 
Drives: Jet Black E90
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: in the Napa Valley/SJ...

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan@UnitedBMW View Post
Here's how to get good, fast...

E class car -> Simulated Steering -> ABS Off -> 20 laps of Road Atlanta. Then move up, 20 laps each until you can drive Road Atlanta in a R998 car (R1).
Thanks for the pointers. This game is crazy addicting! haha
__________________
2007 Jet Black E90 328i
Thread: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=825249
Instagram: manutd_as
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
forza 4 competition

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:28 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST