BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications
 
INDustry distribution
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-24-2013, 04:37 PM   #1
Longboarder
Brigadier General
65
Rep
3,794
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 e92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Monarch Beach

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2013 WRX STi  [4.00]
2011 997.2 Turbo S  [4.71]
2013 e92 M3  [4.55]
2013 BMW X5  [0.00]
ESS VT2 625 makes 575 RWHP @ 8,600 RPM

Went to EAS a week ago for a dyno after installing a new software map which runs all the way to 8,600 RPM. Most of the runs were in the 565 RWHP range (uncorrected at around 82 deg F) but one glory run made 575. Runs were done with a blend of 91 and VP100 to yield around 93 or 94 octane.

__________________
Daily: 2013 e92 M3 DCT / ESS VT2 650 S/C / Akrapovic Evolution / StopTech BBK
Track/Airstrip: 2011 997.2 Turbo S PDK / 725 HP / BBi suspension build
Beater: 2013 X5 3.5sport
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2013, 04:41 PM   #2
Nordstat
Lieutenant
United_States
7
Rep
483
Posts

 
Drives: e90 M3 DCT
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Unreal torque curve. Congrats.

Edit: Or lack there of...that thing is FLAT!
__________________
2010 e90 M3 =

Last edited by Nordstat; 02-24-2013 at 04:55 PM.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2013, 05:19 PM   #3
M3takesNYC
Banned
8
Rep
426
Posts

 
Drives: m3
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Pretty incredible to see a torque curve actually increase up to redline! this is the way to go if you do FI as it keeps the feeling the closest to NA as possible with that completely linear power curve
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2013, 05:23 PM   #4
SROC5
Addicted to Track
SROC5's Avatar
United_States
29
Rep
1,647
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: USCON

iTrader: (3)

Did you have to update any internal engine components before installing the 625 kit?
__________________

| Akrapovic Evo | ESSi | Swift Spec-R | CF Spoiler | APEX ARC-8 | RS-3 | PFC-08 | DIF |
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2013, 05:26 PM   #5
GOLFFRR
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
GOLFFRR's Avatar
270
Rep
17,324
Posts


 
Drives: Golf Cart
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Solvang, CA/Camarillo, CA

iTrader: (4)

Awesome buddy!!
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2013, 05:50 PM   #6
Chriskm3
Colonel
Chriskm3's Avatar
Canada
28
Rep
2,218
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (4)

Great numbers.
__________________
Vf supercharger + tune/H&R coils/ Akra evolution exhaust/Volk te37/ Rs-3 tires/ Brembos /TIal BOV/ OSS blacked out headlights/LUX v3/Led taillights/ Challenge Front lip/ P3 vent gauge/ F10 m5 shift mob/Matte black front grills/ And a funky air fresher
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2013, 06:11 PM   #7
ms372
White Shark
ms372's Avatar
Canada
21
Rep
911
Posts

 
Drives: AW E92 m3 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (0)

Great numbers indeed!
__________________
ESS | Challenge x-pipe | Akrapovic | Stoptech BBK (380/355) |Ohlins R&T | Dinan | Vorsteiner | Downforce USA | Varis Diffuser | Gintani | UUC | BMW Performance | Macht Schnell | Forgestar F14's SDC 19x9.5F 19x11R | 255.35 295.30

Appreciate 0
      02-24-2013, 06:21 PM   #8
DLSJ5
Brigadier General
DLSJ5's Avatar
United_States
89
Rep
3,497
Posts

 
Drives: 08 E92 DCT M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CA

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to DLSJ5
Good stuff Adam.
__________________
08 E92 M3 DCT - Bolt Ons - 60-130MPH 10.71s - 11.88 @ 118MPH - 377WHP
ESS VT2-625 SC 60-130MPH 6.80s - 11.30 @ 129.3 MPH 586WHP / 379WTQ
ESS VT3-750 - 60-130MPH 6.44s - 10.81 @ 135.13 MPH 690Whp/463Wtq
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2013, 07:09 PM   #9
GIdriver
Major
GIdriver's Avatar
United_States
17
Rep
1,342
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 E63 AMG-S
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Somewhere in Time

iTrader: (0)

Very nice!!!
__________________
2014 E63 AMG-S
2012 C63 AMG (P31) - gone
2011 E90 M3 FBO - gone
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2013, 07:45 PM   #10
lenzm3edan
First Pride
lenzm3edan's Avatar
22
Rep
1,411
Posts

 
Drives: E90, Mercedes C300, subi
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Connecticut..

iTrader: (6)

Sweet, nice Dyno run.
__________________
ESS VT-2 595 silverstone E90 /// M3 - 6spd - AD08 - Spacers - H&R - AA exhaust - Primary cat delete - Custom test pipes - ESS tune - Lighted ZHP.

Appreciate 0
      02-24-2013, 10:05 PM   #11
m33
Banned
m33's Avatar
United_States
50
Rep
2,697
Posts

 
Drives: E92 VT650 MCB Individual
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: CT

iTrader: (5)

solid ! My vt650 put down 590whp 410wtq on 93 pump
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2013, 10:07 PM   #12
IMG
M.POWER
IMG's Avatar
104
Rep
7,065
Posts

 
Drives: E36 M3 Track car,Ess E90 M3 DD
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Location

iTrader: (6)

Nice !
__________________
NO FEAR.NO LIMITS.NO EQUAL

Ess VT3 LC built motor,Volk TE37SL,Euro taillights,Dinan Xpipe,Custom Headers,Akra axle back CF tips,ModeCarbon FR lip,BMW CF wing
LOW BOOST 60-130 6.7 sec
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2013, 10:31 PM   #13
M3takesNYC
Banned
8
Rep
426
Posts

 
Drives: m3
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

I notice most of the other supercharged cars have a lowered redline and max power at a lower spot on the graph. Any complications with tuning for a 8600 rpm redline or why do tuners such as ESS for example lower the redline (or am I mistaken on that?)
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2013, 11:08 PM   #14
Longboarder
Brigadier General
65
Rep
3,794
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 e92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Monarch Beach

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2013 WRX STi  [4.00]
2011 997.2 Turbo S  [4.71]
2013 e92 M3  [4.55]
2013 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordstat View Post
Unreal torque curve. Congrats.

Edit: Or lack there of...that thing is FLAT!
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3takesNYC View Post
Pretty incredible to see a torque curve actually increase up to redline! this is the way to go if you do FI as it keeps the feeling the closest to NA as possible with that completely linear power curve
Quote:
Originally Posted by SROC5 View Post
Did you have to update any internal engine components before installing the 625 kit?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
Awesome buddy!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium View Post
Fucking awesome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriskm3 View Post
Great numbers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms372 View Post
Great numbers indeed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSJ5 View Post
Good stuff Adam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GIdriver View Post
Very nice!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenzm3edan View Post
Sweet, nice Dyno run.
Quote:
Originally Posted by m33 View Post
solid ! My vt650 put down 590whp 410wtq on 93 pump
Quote:
Originally Posted by img View Post
Nice !
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3takesNYC View Post
I notice most of the other supercharged cars have a lowered redline and max power at a lower spot on the graph. Any complications with tuning for a 8600 rpm redline or why do tuners such as ESS for example lower the redline (or am I mistaken on that?)

Thx guys.

Yeah this was done on a stock motor at 900 miles. Currently has 6,000 on the clock. I think the standard ESS S/C tune keeps the stock 8,350 redline in tact. My older dyno runs seem to confirm this.

Even though the new tune didn't do much to increase power, being able to rev all the way to 8,600 RPM means the car is in it's sweet spot a bit longer and theoretically should be quicker at the roll-on events. I have two events coming up soon.

I wouldn't recommend it as it voids the ESS warranty, but is the first step in what is being contemplated as a different kind of engine build. Instead of going the VT3 low compression build route, I'm exploring options to keep a low boost set up but being able to rev beyond 9,000 RPM. That would be quite something.
__________________
Daily: 2013 e92 M3 DCT / ESS VT2 650 S/C / Akrapovic Evolution / StopTech BBK
Track/Airstrip: 2011 997.2 Turbo S PDK / 725 HP / BBi suspension build
Beater: 2013 X5 3.5sport
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 12:09 AM   #15
j2m
Colonel
j2m's Avatar
Canada
48
Rep
2,452
Posts

 
Drives: '11 E92 M3 DCT
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Calgary, Ab

iTrader: (8)

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [5.00]
My gawwwwd!
That is fuKin awesome!!!
Car sounds sick as hell!
__________________

11' E92 M3 Space Grey | DCT | ESS VT2- 625 | Gintani Race (valved) + Quad Res Catless X-Pipe | KW Sleeve's | GC Camber Plates|Arkym Diffuser | Vorsteiner VRS Lip | P3 Boost Guage | Stud Conversion
PHOTO's: Click Here ESS VT2 625 PHOTOS: Click Here
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 12:31 AM   #16
M3takesNYC
Banned
8
Rep
426
Posts

 
Drives: m3
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder View Post
Thx guys.

Yeah this was done on a stock motor at 900 miles. Currently has 6,000 on the clock. I think the standard ESS S/C tune keeps the stock 8,350 redline in tact. My older dyno runs seem to confirm this.

Even though the new tune didn't do much to increase power, being able to rev all the way to 8,600 RPM means the car is in it's sweet spot a bit longer and theoretically should be quicker at the roll-on events. I have two events coming up soon.

I wouldn't recommend it as it voids the ESS warranty, but is the first step in what is being contemplated as a different kind of engine build. Instead of going the VT3 low compression build route, I'm exploring options to keep a low boost set up but being able to rev beyond 9,000 RPM. That would be quite something.
Not sure I understand why? The only reason high RPM's are used is to allow NA motors to make higher and higher power given there is a relatively fixed amount of torque and power that can be made with a fixed size of an engine which means revs are the only way to really keep power increasing with a relatively small engine.

If you go to the trouble of going FI than I can't really see the benefit of going beyond 8600. Accept for the fact it may sound pretty cool, why shift the powerband to the right and put that much more strain on everything? I guess the question is what is the purpose of your build? Any particular goals or something?
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 06:06 AM   #17
Raucky2000
Lieutenant
Raucky2000's Avatar
6
Rep
483
Posts

 
Drives: SGM E90 M3 dct
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Ohio

iTrader: (3)

^ditto
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 06:49 AM   #18
RingMeister01
Croatian
RingMeister01's Avatar
United_States
48
Rep
2,571
Posts

 
Drives: The Ultimate Driving Machine
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
+1 All of the above. Nice.
__________________
F82 M4 Individual / F87 M2 (on the list) / E36 M3 (track) / E21 320i (S52 + Getrag 420G Swap) / Fiat 500 (daily)
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 07:37 AM   #19
Donbona
Lieutenant Colonel
Donbona's Avatar
United Kingdom
40
Rep
1,668
Posts

 
Drives: E93 M3 DCT 2008
Join Date: May 2009
Location: London UK

iTrader: (0)

Nice numbers... what dyno was used?
__________________
M3 E93 DCT, Space Grey,BC HB29 Forged Deep Concave Wheels, Ericsson Amuse F/R Bumper, Evolve Full Exhaust System, INTRAX Coilovers, STOPTECH BBK, Performance Steering Wheel,Custom Red/Black Leather Seats,///M3 ||Bimmerpost M3 Car Of The Month May - 2010SOLD
2010 R35 GTR
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 07:52 AM   #20
NFAM3
Lieutenant
United_States
15
Rep
406
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 M3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (0)

How much boost did it make Adam?
__________________
2011 BMW M3
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 09:36 AM   #21
Longboarder
Brigadier General
65
Rep
3,794
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 e92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Monarch Beach

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2013 WRX STi  [4.00]
2011 997.2 Turbo S  [4.71]
2013 e92 M3  [4.55]
2013 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by j2m View Post
My gawwwwd!
That is fuKin awesome!!!
Car sounds sick as hell!
Thx Has no cats from an MRF mid pipe with an Akra slip-on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3takesNYC View Post
Not sure I understand why? The only reason high RPM's are used is to allow NA motors to make higher and higher power given there is a relatively fixed amount of torque and power that can be made with a fixed size of an engine which means revs are the only way to really keep power increasing with a relatively small engine.

If you go to the trouble of going FI than I can't really see the benefit of going beyond 8600. Accept for the fact it may sound pretty cool, why shift the powerband to the right and put that much more strain on everything? I guess the question is what is the purpose of your build? Any particular goals or something?
Good question. Having lots of torque is fun, but it upsets a car that is set up for the track. The car already suffers from wheel spin at higher speeds and I can't even imagine adding another 100 lb ft of torque through a high-boost LC build motor. Given that the motor already likes to rev high...and that the S/C could allow for a continuation of the powerband well beyond 8,600 RPM, it's possible to generate as much peak power. Sort of like an F1 car but of course won't rev that high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raucky2000 View Post
^ditto


Quote:
Originally Posted by RingMeister01 View Post
+1 All of the above. Nice.
Thx!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donbona View Post
Nice numbers... what dyno was used?
dynojet dyno at EAS in Anaheim, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFAM3 View Post
How much boost did it make Adam?
I think the readings are incorrect, but all my 20+ dyno's show between 4.9 and 5.25 pounds of boost. It's the 96mm pulley so it should make 6.0 psi.
__________________
Daily: 2013 e92 M3 DCT / ESS VT2 650 S/C / Akrapovic Evolution / StopTech BBK
Track/Airstrip: 2011 997.2 Turbo S PDK / 725 HP / BBi suspension build
Beater: 2013 X5 3.5sport
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 10:04 AM   #22
Donbona
Lieutenant Colonel
Donbona's Avatar
United Kingdom
40
Rep
1,668
Posts

 
Drives: E93 M3 DCT 2008
Join Date: May 2009
Location: London UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder View Post
Thx Has no cats from an MRF mid pipe with an Akra slip-on.




dynojet dyno at EAS in Anaheim, CA
No cats must be fckin loud!!

Ok so on a DynoDynamics it would be approx 10% less power.... just making a comparison to the dyno I use.
Nevertheless great numbers
__________________
M3 E93 DCT, Space Grey,BC HB29 Forged Deep Concave Wheels, Ericsson Amuse F/R Bumper, Evolve Full Exhaust System, INTRAX Coilovers, STOPTECH BBK, Performance Steering Wheel,Custom Red/Black Leather Seats,///M3 ||Bimmerpost M3 Car Of The Month May - 2010SOLD
2010 R35 GTR
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:52 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST