BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis
 
GT Haus
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-17-2013, 05:30 PM   #1
eVitO
trollololol
Ukraine
21

 
eVitO's Avatar
 
Drives: Too slow
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Los Angeles/UCSD


Posts: 880
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to eVitO
KW V3

I was wondering how long KW V3's usually last, before the shocks have to be overhauled and what not.

I have about 20-25,000 miles on mine, and lately I've noticed that I've been rubbing a lot more than usual when I drive spiritedly or that the ride is bouncier in general. I might just be going crazy, and it might simply be that hitting a few bumps over time on the freeway threw off my alignment or w/e, but I'm just curious.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisGuy View Post
god damn that car is nice. i would sell my girlfriend for it
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastek View Post
why dont you leave him a love note on the car -- with hearts and shit

lol - seriously tho -- I find notes on my car sometimes -- but it's NEVER from girls -- -- damm M3 is a ghey magnet
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2013, 10:36 PM   #2
BIU
Lieutenant
10

 
Drives: 2008 A22 E90 M3 DCT
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Hong Kong


Posts: 582
iTrader: (0)

Intersted in this also.. Just installed mine this past weekend

BUMP
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 05:51 AM   #3
Raucky2000
Lieutenant
6

 
Raucky2000's Avatar
 
Drives: SGM E90 M3 dct
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Ohio


Posts: 483
iTrader: (3)

I've heard from a number of guys that they wait until the shock leaks before they overhaul them, since KW is such good stuff. Unless they have other problems like bent shafts etc. I don't have KW, I have TCK DA and I was told the same thing from TC about his shocks too. I know this doesn't exactly answer your question, but hope it helps some.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 06:09 PM   #4
eVitO
trollololol
Ukraine
21

 
eVitO's Avatar
 
Drives: Too slow
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Los Angeles/UCSD


Posts: 880
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to eVitO
Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. If they're not leaking, they're not broken lol. Just a bit paranoid, or crazy, or whatever you want to call it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisGuy View Post
god damn that car is nice. i would sell my girlfriend for it
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastek View Post
why dont you leave him a love note on the car -- with hearts and shit

lol - seriously tho -- I find notes on my car sometimes -- but it's NEVER from girls -- -- damm M3 is a ghey magnet
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 02:56 AM   #5
HP Autosport
United_States
406

 
Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Santa Barbara, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, Quaife, Stoptech, Vorshlag


Posts: 11,388
iTrader: (29)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raucky2000 View Post
I've heard from a number of guys that they wait until the shock leaks before they overhaul them, since KW is such good stuff. Unless they have other problems like bent shafts etc. I don't have KW, I have TCK DA and I was told the same thing from TC about his shocks too. I know this doesn't exactly answer your question, but hope it helps some.
Dampers can wear internally and lose their damping capability as well.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 03:05 AM   #6
Richard@M-World
United_States
25

 
Richard@M-World's Avatar
 
Drives: NASA TTA #92 M3
Join Date: May 2011
Location: TX/IL


Posts: 683
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eVitO View Post
I was wondering how long KW V3's usually last, before the shocks have to be overhauled and what not.

I have about 20-25,000 miles on mine, and lately I've noticed that I've been rubbing a lot more than usual when I drive spiritedly or that the ride is bouncier in general. I might just be going crazy, and it might simply be that hitting a few bumps over time on the freeway threw off my alignment or w/e, but I'm just curious.
I would first check for any physical damages, i.e. bends, leaks, etc. I would also give KW tech support a call and ask for their opinion. V3 comes with lifetime warranty so if there is an issue KW will take care of it.
__________________
Authorized AiM Dealer - Solo/Solo DL | SmartyCam HD | www.m-world.us
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:11 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST