BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-24-2013, 03:46 PM   #1
Ezio
Brigadier General
Ezio's Avatar
United_States
44
Rep
3,037
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: MI

iTrader: (0)

Looking for Shop or person to do exhaust mod In MI

I know its not a hard job, and a lot of muffler shops can do it. I also know there is shops in MI that work on BMW, but idk if they have done the mod before.

i simply want someone who has done it before and not going to mess up my brand new m3 i am about to get this week.

So I am willing to pay a good rate along with providing a pizza for anyone who can help, other wise shop.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2013, 07:47 PM   #2
JD3
Captain
United_States
16
Rep
702
Posts

 
Drives: 09 e92 M3, DCT.
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Columbus, OH

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
I know its not a hard job, and a lot of muffler shops can do it. I also know there is shops in MI that work on BMW, but idk if they have done the mod before.

i simply want someone who has done it before and not going to mess up my brand new m3 i am about to get this week.

So I am willing to pay a good rate along with providing a pizza for anyone who can help, other wise shop.
Axle back? X pipe? Test pipes? Depending on what you're looking for its going to depend. If it's just a swap job I'd go anywhere reputable. If it's test pipes or something like that I'd take a little more time making that decision.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2013, 08:53 PM   #3
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
mkPOTO's Avatar
202
Rep
15,640
Posts

 
Drives: 1999 528I
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: USA

iTrader: (23)

Garage List
I have a buddy who can do it.. but hes in chicago..
__________________

EVOLVE E600 BMW E92 M3
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 12:08 AM   #4
Ezio
Brigadier General
Ezio's Avatar
United_States
44
Rep
3,037
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: MI

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD3 View Post
Axle back? X pipe? Test pipes? Depending on what you're looking for its going to depend. If it's just a swap job I'd go anywhere reputable. If it's test pipes or something like that I'd take a little more time making that decision.
Sorry very new to this car and the terms. I thought exhuast mod was for the most part going inside the OEM mufflers and straight piping them.

but ya just looking to do that. Looks like i am going to have to take a trip down to Chicago, and while there just swing by VS motorsports.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 12:09 AM   #5
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
mkPOTO's Avatar
202
Rep
15,640
Posts

 
Drives: 1999 528I
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: USA

iTrader: (23)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
Sorry very new to this car and the terms. I thought exhuast mod was for the most part going inside the OEM mufflers and straight piping them.

but ya just looking to do that. Looks like i am going to have to take a trip down to Chicago, and while there just swing by VS motorsports.
vs is not longer open.. if you really want a setup might as well talk to EAS or AutoCouture
__________________

EVOLVE E600 BMW E92 M3
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 12:10 AM   #6
Ezio
Brigadier General
Ezio's Avatar
United_States
44
Rep
3,037
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: MI

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkPOTO View Post
I have a buddy who can do it.. but hes in chicago..
PM or reply here how much he would want to be payed. Other wise i am going to go to VS motorsports.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 12:14 AM   #7
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
mkPOTO's Avatar
202
Rep
15,640
Posts

 
Drives: 1999 528I
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: USA

iTrader: (23)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
PM or reply here how much he would want to be payed. Other wise i am going to go to VS motorsports.
will do in the morning.. like i said VS MOTORSPORTS is closed for good, no longer open, finished
__________________

EVOLVE E600 BMW E92 M3
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 12:31 AM   #8
Ezio
Brigadier General
Ezio's Avatar
United_States
44
Rep
3,037
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: MI

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkPOTO View Post
will do in the morning.. like i said VS MOTORSPORTS is closed for good, no longer open, finished
Ya no rush, getting the M late this week or early the following week.

but yes i am interested let me know
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 01:53 AM   #9
Teeopi
Lieutenant
Teeopi's Avatar
United_States
8
Rep
504
Posts

 
Drives: MR E92 M3
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Michigan/Shanghai

iTrader: (9)

I had my OEM exhaust mod done by a local shop for 300 bucks
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 10:07 AM   #10
JD3
Captain
United_States
16
Rep
702
Posts

 
Drives: 09 e92 M3, DCT.
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Columbus, OH

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
Sorry very new to this car and the terms. I thought exhuast mod was for the most part going inside the OEM mufflers and straight piping them.

but ya just looking to do that. Looks like i am going to have to take a trip down to Chicago, and while there just swing by VS motorsports.
Ahhh, i see.
Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 01:29 PM   #11
Ezio
Brigadier General
Ezio's Avatar
United_States
44
Rep
3,037
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: MI

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeopi View Post
I had my OEM exhaust mod done by a local shop for 300 bucks
Can i get the name of the shop. thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2013, 07:33 PM   #12
jjw2331
First Lieutenant
jjw2331's Avatar
9
Rep
322
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 JtBlk e92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Michigan

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
I know its not a hard job, and a lot of muffler shops can do it. I also know there is shops in MI that work on BMW, but idk if they have done the mod before.

i simply want someone who has done it before and not going to mess up my brand new m3 i am about to get this week.

So I am willing to pay a good rate along with providing a pizza for anyone who can help, other wise shop.
I got mine done at Steve's European Automotive

http://www.steveseuropeanauto.com

They've got pretty good customer service and did an excellent job. However, he did mine for around $550 (6 hour job for them), not the usual $200-300 I've been seeing on this forum.

Motorwerks in Commerce Township, MI can probably do it too. But I don't know if they've done it before and they are pricey. They do good work tho.

You'll get a chance to hear it when you see my rims.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2013, 11:43 PM   #13
Ezio
Brigadier General
Ezio's Avatar
United_States
44
Rep
3,037
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: MI

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjw2331 View Post
I got mine done at Steve's European Automotive

http://www.steveseuropeanauto.com

They've got pretty good customer service and did an excellent job. However, he did mine for around $550 (6 hour job for them), not the usual $200-300 I've been seeing on this forum.

Motorwerks in Commerce Township, MI can probably do it too. But I don't know if they've done it before and they are pricey. They do good work tho.

You'll get a chance to hear it when you see my rims.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 01:23 AM   #14
faith&firepower
Granny Shifting, Not Double Clutching Like You
faith&firepower's Avatar
San Marino
1
Rep
104
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 M3 Sedan
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Back in MI

iTrader: (0)

I second Motorwerks...but Im biased towards them Ask for "Tiny" to work on the muffler.
__________________
08' E90 M3 - Not Enough Mods To List....
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2013, 12:36 PM   #15
unixgeek
Registered
0
Rep
3
Posts

 
Drives: BMW E30 Project
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ypsilanti

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead.

Did you end up having this done? I'm in SE MI and have done a couple.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2013, 01:04 PM   #16
Ezio
Brigadier General
Ezio's Avatar
United_States
44
Rep
3,037
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: MI

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by unixgeek View Post
Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead.

Did you end up having this done? I'm in SE MI and have done a couple.
ya i am all set!

although do you do exhaust work ? I am looking to have some more (simple) work done.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2013, 01:14 PM   #17
unixgeek
Registered
0
Rep
3
Posts

 
Drives: BMW E30 Project
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ypsilanti

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
ya i am all set!

although do you do exhaust work ? I am looking to have some more (simple) work done.
I'm a hobbyist. I have a couple of friends with E92s who wanted this mod, so those are the cars I've worked on. What are you looking to have done?
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2013, 01:26 PM   #18
Ezio
Brigadier General
Ezio's Avatar
United_States
44
Rep
3,037
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: MI

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by unixgeek View Post
I'm a hobbyist. I have a couple of friends with E92s who wanted this mod, so those are the cars I've worked on. What are you looking to have done?
I am sure not your skills or resources at hand. please feel free to tell me its little to much for you!

Looking to do a 2nd cat gutting. You have take off the mid section of exhaust, and simply gut the cat material inside to free up some sound. then do some welding, and bolt exhaust back up. Pictures in link

heres what it is
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=457202

Been looking for a guy to help me with this. and of course I would have no problem paying you for your time.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2013, 01:59 PM   #19
unixgeek
Registered
0
Rep
3
Posts

 
Drives: BMW E30 Project
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ypsilanti

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
I am sure not your skills or resources at hand. please feel free to tell me its little to much for you!

Looking to do a 2nd cat gutting. You have take off the mid section of exhaust, and simply gut the cat material inside to free up some sound. then do some welding, and bolt exhaust back up. Pictures in link

heres what it is
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=457202

Been looking for a guy to help me with this. and of course I would have no problem paying you for your time.
I'm definitely capable of doing a quality job on this. Let me take a look under my buddy's M3 when I'm installing his modded exhaust to get an idea of exactly what's involved. That will happen in the next couple of weeks.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2013, 02:25 PM   #20
Ezio
Brigadier General
Ezio's Avatar
United_States
44
Rep
3,037
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: MI

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by unixgeek View Post
I'm definitely capable of doing a quality job on this. Let me take a look under my buddy's M3 when I'm installing his modded exhaust to get an idea of exactly what's involved. That will happen in the next couple of weeks.
Perfect, i am in no rush. let me know
__________________
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:10 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST