BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
 
BPM Sport
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-25-2013, 02:57 PM   #1607
MidwestGolfBum
Knower of all Things Useless
 
MidwestGolfBum's Avatar
 
Drives: Space Grey E92s
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: No Coast

Posts: 256
iTrader: (0)

I hate low life pieces of shit! Just now getting done dealing with the cops after somebody broke into one of our offices last night. Des Moines keeps getting a little lower on the places I like having an office, this is starting to get ridiculous.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRetep View Post
I can never have cross dressing fun nothing ever fits!
MidwestGolfBum is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-25-2013, 03:10 PM   #1608
Anthony90
Prime Minister of México.
 
Anthony90's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 BMW X6M
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Monterrey, MX

Posts: 51
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestGolfBum View Post
I hate low life pieces of shit! Just now getting done dealing with the cops after somebody broke into one of our offices last night. Des Moines keeps getting a little lower on the places I like having an office, this is starting to get ridiculous.
The office doesn't have some kind of alarm system?
Anthony90 is offline   Mexico
0
Reply With Quote
      02-25-2013, 03:46 PM   #1609
MidwestGolfBum
Knower of all Things Useless
 
MidwestGolfBum's Avatar
 
Drives: Space Grey E92s
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: No Coast

Posts: 256
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony90 View Post
The office doesn't have some kind of alarm system?
Sure, but when it is in a business park there aren't a lot of people around and by the time they broke in, went through the place and left the cops weren't even there yet. I have a good camera system that tracks everything, got license plates, which mean nothing since they were stolen, and everybody involved was wearing masks. Looked as though they knew exactly what they were doing and have done this before, many, many times. Given that we are working on subleasing the space, we have to go back through all the people that had been through there, as well as the management company's people. This has apparently happened in several of their properties they are showing for subleases, so the cops are investigating if it is an inside job.

It's more of a hassle for me than anything, since we don't really have anything in that office. They got maybe $2000 in random monitors and stuff as well as some disk out of an EMC box which is completely useless since it's all old and we were going to throw it out anyways. The window they broke will probably cost me $6000 to replace and the door another $1000 or so by the time I have somebody come and install everything, though the insurance will make everything right by me. There is a snow storm that is going to be coming through tonight, so I have to find a way to deal with the large holes in the side of the building now and had to deal with the cops for almost 4 hours by the time they did printing, let me back in, let me show them the copy of the video, recorded what was missing, etc.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRetep View Post
I can never have cross dressing fun nothing ever fits!
MidwestGolfBum is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-25-2013, 04:08 PM   #1610
upstatedoc
Drone Expert
 
upstatedoc's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 BMW 328ix
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NY

Posts: 1,468
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestGolfBum View Post
Sure, but when it is in a business park there aren't a lot of people around and by the time they broke in, went through the place and left the cops weren't even there yet. I have a good camera system that tracks everything, got license plates, which mean nothing since they were stolen, and everybody involved was wearing masks. Looked as though they knew exactly what they were doing and have done this before, many, many times. Given that we are working on subleasing the space, we have to go back through all the people that had been through there, as well as the management company's people. This has apparently happened in several of their properties they are showing for subleases, so the cops are investigating if it is an inside job.

It's more of a hassle for me than anything, since we don't really have anything in that office. They got maybe $2000 in random monitors and stuff as well as some disk out of an EMC box which is completely useless since it's all old and we were going to throw it out anyways. The window they broke will probably cost me $6000 to replace and the door another $1000 or so by the time I have somebody come and install everything, though the insurance will make everything right by me. There is a snow storm that is going to be coming through tonight, so I have to find a way to deal with the large holes in the side of the building now and had to deal with the cops for almost 4 hours by the time they did printing, let me back in, let me show them the copy of the video, recorded what was missing, etc.

maybe i don't want to be my own boss, jeesh...
__________________
2014 Dodge Durango R/T //Diablosports Tuning
2009 E90 N51 /Active Autowerke Stage 2 tune/BMW Performance Exhaust/
1993 Honda Nighthawk 750/
Countermeasure enthusiast.
upstatedoc is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-25-2013, 04:25 PM   #1611
MidwestGolfBum
Knower of all Things Useless
 
MidwestGolfBum's Avatar
 
Drives: Space Grey E92s
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: No Coast

Posts: 256
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
maybe i don't want to be my own boss, jeesh...
Eh, nobody talks about the good times really. Like this afternoon, I closed a deal, and last week, I traveled the country doing installs. It's way easier to bitch about the bad things than to talk about the good. If you have to opportunity, I would very highly recommend it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRetep View Post
I can never have cross dressing fun nothing ever fits!
MidwestGolfBum is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-25-2013, 07:30 PM   #1612
My335iTT
Moooore Power!
 
My335iTT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Space Grey 335i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Utah

Posts: 432
iTrader: (2)

Excited at work, the shop just sent me this



__________________
2007 335i E92 | Space Gray | Piano Black Grill | LED Angel Eye Upgrade | M3 Style Front Bumper | BMS Dual Cone Intake | JB4 G5ISO Board | More to Come! |
SeanE92 - SCAMMER
My335iTT is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-25-2013, 07:58 PM   #1613
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
 
BrokenVert's Avatar
 
Drives: Topless Electric Boogaloo
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Fahrvergnügen

Posts: 9,826
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by passing View Post
best way to get over someone is to get under someone else.


remember... better safe than statutory!
lol!

i think im gonna just be me for a bit. Spend money on the 135 rather than the girl.

Roxanne will be with me for years to come, girls, not so much.
__________________
BrokenVert is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-26-2013, 10:42 AM   #1614
135Pats
Saving for a big ass turbo or an A3...IDK which.
 
135Pats's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Maryland

Posts: 5,346
iTrader: (1)

1K posts yeayuhhhhh



Morning guys and gals hope the days goin OK. Tuesdays are so meh.
__________________
E88 FBO N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Meisterschaft Race/Berk Resonated/Macht Schnell 3"/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/FFTEC LPFP/HFS-4 DO Stainless Lines/BMS DCI/BMS Thermostat Delete/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/BMS OCC/PTF E50/ST Coilovers/M3 Front Control Arms + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/Macht Schnell Studs/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
135Pats is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-26-2013, 10:46 AM   #1615
MrRetep
First Lieutenant
 
MrRetep's Avatar
 
Drives: 435i M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Irvine CA

Posts: 353
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Pats View Post
How near is near? Tons of good food in DC, tons of great steak houses. I’d be happy to whip up a list of the ‘fancy’ places in the area if you let me know what type of distance radius we’re talking about, means of transportation, etc etc.
I'll be using cab service to get around, and near enough that a large group of people can make it there directly from the court.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestGolfBum View Post

Come to the Midwest, we know how to show people a good time. I'm taking them out, so you just have to offer, but it does get a little hard when they are Gov't employees with that whole "bribery" thing. Maybe it doesn't matter in CA
Nope definitely can't do that, could lose my contract and go to jail and so could anyone I chose to take.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
Thus ends my four year relationship. I dont remember how to be single...
Your car will be your new gf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestGolfBum View Post
Sure, but when it is in a business park there aren't a lot of people around and by the time they broke in, went through the place and left the cops weren't even there yet. I have a good camera system that tracks everything, got license plates, which mean nothing since they were stolen, and everybody involved was wearing masks. Looked as though they knew exactly what they were doing and have done this before, many, many times. Given that we are working on subleasing the space, we have to go back through all the people that had been through there, as well as the management company's people. This has apparently happened in several of their properties they are showing for subleases, so the cops are investigating if it is an inside job.

It's more of a hassle for me than anything, since we don't really have anything in that office. They got maybe $2000 in random monitors and stuff as well as some disk out of an EMC box which is completely useless since it's all old and we were going to throw it out anyways. The window they broke will probably cost me $6000 to replace and the door another $1000 or so by the time I have somebody come and install everything, though the insurance will make everything right by me. There is a snow storm that is going to be coming through tonight, so I have to find a way to deal with the large holes in the side of the building now and had to deal with the cops for almost 4 hours by the time they did printing, let me back in, let me show them the copy of the video, recorded what was missing, etc.

Wow! Sorry to hear that. Lets go hunting
MrRetep is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-26-2013, 10:55 AM   #1616
MrRetep
First Lieutenant
 
MrRetep's Avatar
 
Drives: 435i M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Irvine CA

Posts: 353
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Pats View Post
1K posts yeayuhhhhh



Morning guys and gals hope the days goin OK. Tuesdays are so meh.
NOPE! Off Topic doesnt count towards your post #
MrRetep is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-26-2013, 10:56 AM   #1617
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
 
BrokenVert's Avatar
 
Drives: Topless Electric Boogaloo
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Fahrvergnügen

Posts: 9,826
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRetep View Post
Your car will be your new gf.
Well the cars been around for longer than any girl ive dated.
__________________
BrokenVert is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-26-2013, 11:10 AM   #1618
135Pats
Saving for a big ass turbo or an A3...IDK which.
 
135Pats's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Maryland

Posts: 5,346
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRetep View Post
NOPE! Off Topic doesnt count towards your post #
Damn I just got got by the forum . I’ll get a few good restaurants together today and tomorrow, there’s plenty to eat around SCOTUS.
__________________
E88 FBO N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Meisterschaft Race/Berk Resonated/Macht Schnell 3"/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/FFTEC LPFP/HFS-4 DO Stainless Lines/BMS DCI/BMS Thermostat Delete/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/BMS OCC/PTF E50/ST Coilovers/M3 Front Control Arms + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/Macht Schnell Studs/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
135Pats is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-26-2013, 02:43 PM   #1619
MidwestGolfBum
Knower of all Things Useless
 
MidwestGolfBum's Avatar
 
Drives: Space Grey E92s
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: No Coast

Posts: 256
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRetep View Post
I'll be using cab service to get around, and near enough that a large group of people can make it there directly from the court.



Nope definitely can't do that, could lose my contract and go to jail and so could anyone I chose to take.



Wow! Sorry to hear that. Lets go hunting
I use Uber when I travel, easier than cabs and I don't have to carry cash, which I rarely do and I like the cars better. I have a company card that gets charged and I get my black car or suv to come and get me when and where I want. May be worth looking into.

Having a good meal would totally be worth not having a job!

That's my plan, though the more the cops have been looking at it, the more that they are starting to think that it is the management company that has been taking the stuff. They run entirely EMC and we had some shelves in on trade that were just sitting in the office. Conveniently enough, the only big ticket items that were gone was the EMC. They took all of our 450GB and 600GB SAS drives as well as the controllers. I have all the serials and as soon as they "phone home" after post, EMC will be calling both the cops and me. I figure I will get a call this afternoon for that. Idiots...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRetep View Post
I can never have cross dressing fun nothing ever fits!
MidwestGolfBum is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-26-2013, 03:33 PM   #1620
135Pats
Saving for a big ass turbo or an A3...IDK which.
 
135Pats's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Maryland

Posts: 5,346
iTrader: (1)

Gotta love criminals, they take such enormous risks with almost zero foresight in terms of what they’ll actually do with the stolen goods….Sorry you’re the one who has to deal with their stupidity. And Uber is a great service, DC cabs are BAD NEWS.
__________________
E88 FBO N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Meisterschaft Race/Berk Resonated/Macht Schnell 3"/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/FFTEC LPFP/HFS-4 DO Stainless Lines/BMS DCI/BMS Thermostat Delete/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/BMS OCC/PTF E50/ST Coilovers/M3 Front Control Arms + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/Macht Schnell Studs/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
135Pats is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-26-2013, 04:10 PM   #1621
Colt
Spoolin' & droolin'
 
Colt's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 135i 6MT
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Maryland

Posts: 1,212
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Pats View Post
DC cabs are BAD NEWS.
They are crazy. A while ago I had a cab driver take me from Recher Theatre in Towson to the inner harbor and it took him like 8 minutes to get there lol. He knew when the light would turn red and when it would turn green. We were half a car past the stop line and in motion by the time it turned green every time
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate4641 View Post
looks like unicorn vomit.
Old| 2005 s2000: KPRO, Invidia q300 v4, PLM header, BERK 70mm HFC, Vortech v2 (3.6" Reichard Pulley), FMIC, ID 725cc (397whp/243tq @9psi), Tuned at Innovative Motorworks.
New| 2008 135i: PTF Tune, RB Turbos, ER CP, TiAL Q, BMS OCC, BMS DCI, AA 2.0 FMIC, VRSF 3" DPs, Berk Mids, CP-E Axleback, Robs' PCV.
Colt is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-27-2013, 10:47 AM   #1622
MrRetep
First Lieutenant
 
MrRetep's Avatar
 
Drives: 435i M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Irvine CA

Posts: 353
iTrader: (2)

Wednesday!

To BOV or not to BOV?
MrRetep is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-27-2013, 10:57 AM   #1623
MidwestGolfBum
Knower of all Things Useless
 
MidwestGolfBum's Avatar
 
Drives: Space Grey E92s
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: No Coast

Posts: 256
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Pats View Post
Gotta love criminals, they take such enormous risks with almost zero foresight in terms of what they’ll actually do with the stolen goods….Sorry you’re the one who has to deal with their stupidity. And Uber is a great service, DC cabs are BAD NEWS.
Turns out it was the management company that had somehow set up the whole deal. The boxes "phoned home" when the plugged them in at their corporate offices and the cops showed up about 10 minutes later last night late. Good thing, I didn't want to pay for that office any more anyway since we had a new space with a different company already and this is way easier than going through the sublease stuff. I'm glad that they are as dumb as they are, since it payed off for me in the end.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRetep View Post
I can never have cross dressing fun nothing ever fits!
MidwestGolfBum is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-27-2013, 11:04 AM   #1624
shah269
Captain
 
Drives: 2009
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NJ

Posts: 960
iTrader: (0)

shah269 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-27-2013, 11:17 AM   #1625
135Pats
Saving for a big ass turbo or an A3...IDK which.
 
135Pats's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Maryland

Posts: 5,346
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRetep View Post
Wednesday!

To BOV or not to BOV?
Synapse brah
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestGolfBum View Post
Turns out it was the management company that had somehow set up the whole deal. The boxes "phoned home" when the plugged them in at their corporate offices and the cops showed up about 10 minutes later last night late. Good thing, I didn't want to pay for that office any more anyway since we had a new space with a different company already and this is way easier than going through the sublease stuff. I'm glad that they are as dumb as they are, since it payed off for me in the end.
Wait so the building management company you lease your space from was behind the theft? That’s crazy! Good thing you caught the bastards, what type of legal recourse are you considering (if you don’t mind me asking)?
__________________
E88 FBO N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Meisterschaft Race/Berk Resonated/Macht Schnell 3"/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/FFTEC LPFP/HFS-4 DO Stainless Lines/BMS DCI/BMS Thermostat Delete/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/BMS OCC/PTF E50/ST Coilovers/M3 Front Control Arms + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/Macht Schnell Studs/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
135Pats is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-27-2013, 11:58 AM   #1626
MrRetep
First Lieutenant
 
MrRetep's Avatar
 
Drives: 435i M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Irvine CA

Posts: 353
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Pats View Post
Damn I just got got by the forum . I’ll get a few good restaurants together today and tomorrow, there’s plenty to eat around SCOTUS.
Sweet! I'd appreciate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestGolfBum View Post
I use Uber when I travel, easier than cabs and I don't have to carry cash, which I rarely do and I like the cars better. I have a company card that gets charged and I get my black car or suv to come and get me when and where I want. May be worth looking into.

Having a good meal would totally be worth not having a job!

That's my plan, though the more the cops have been looking at it, the more that they are starting to think that it is the management company that has been taking the stuff. They run entirely EMC and we had some shelves in on trade that were just sitting in the office. Conveniently enough, the only big ticket items that were gone was the EMC. They took all of our 450GB and 600GB SAS drives as well as the controllers. I have all the serials and as soon as they "phone home" after post, EMC will be calling both the cops and me. I figure I will get a call this afternoon for that. Idiots...
I had never heard of UBER, it looks like an awesome service. their website shows they offer services in OC so I will be testing it out this weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestGolfBum View Post
Turns out it was the management company that had somehow set up the whole deal. The boxes "phoned home" when the plugged them in at their corporate offices and the cops showed up about 10 minutes later last night late. Good thing, I didn't want to pay for that office any more anyway since we had a new space with a different company already and this is way easier than going through the sublease stuff. I'm glad that they are as dumb as they are, since it payed off for me in the end.
HA! That's awesome! (that they got caught, not that youre having to deal with it) are you taking any legal action against the company?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Pats View Post
Synapse brah
that's actually what I'm leaning towards IF I get a bov. everything else sounds too ricey. the synapse sounds like a nice "whoosh" like a proper release of pressure. Is that what youre running? If so AT or MT?
MrRetep is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-27-2013, 12:10 PM   #1627
135Pats
Saving for a big ass turbo or an A3...IDK which.
 
135Pats's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Maryland

Posts: 5,346
iTrader: (1)

I’ll throw together that list during lunch today, and I’d agree with how you characterized the Synapse, it’s a nice clean pressure release sound…not the super high pitched/squeaky noise that the HKS unit makes. I’m very happy with mine, though I actually need to clean it off a bit soon, a tiny bit of oil residue is on it after a few months of blow by
__________________
E88 FBO N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Meisterschaft Race/Berk Resonated/Macht Schnell 3"/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/FFTEC LPFP/HFS-4 DO Stainless Lines/BMS DCI/BMS Thermostat Delete/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/BMS OCC/PTF E50/ST Coilovers/M3 Front Control Arms + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/Macht Schnell Studs/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
135Pats is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-27-2013, 12:44 PM   #1628
Colt
Spoolin' & droolin'
 
Colt's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 135i 6MT
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Maryland

Posts: 1,212
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRetep View Post
that's actually what I'm leaning towards IF I get a bov. everything else sounds too ricey.
My tial doesn't sound ricey....
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate4641 View Post
looks like unicorn vomit.
Old| 2005 s2000: KPRO, Invidia q300 v4, PLM header, BERK 70mm HFC, Vortech v2 (3.6" Reichard Pulley), FMIC, ID 725cc (397whp/243tq @9psi), Tuned at Innovative Motorworks.
New| 2008 135i: PTF Tune, RB Turbos, ER CP, TiAL Q, BMS OCC, BMS DCI, AA 2.0 FMIC, VRSF 3" DPs, Berk Mids, CP-E Axleback, Robs' PCV.
Colt is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:28 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST