BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion
 
Stick to Clutch
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-30-2007, 09:38 PM   #45
gum5h03
Galactic Emperor
 
gum5h03's Avatar
 
Drives: Fast
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: WA

Posts: 801
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
Please, stop proving how DUMB your way of thinking is...with ignorant comments like that!

If you can't think of something smart to wrte, don't write. And if you think that our health system is great ask someone who just lost their job, or who's serving tables for living or who's not in the Army...

Anyway, pull your head out of your ass anl look around a bit and compare to the rest of the world -- there is so much out there that is better and worse than here... Healthcare is definitely not our best side
How about you go hug a tree or something. Honestly...bleeding heart liberals want to feed, clothe and medicate the rest of the world. And if you've lost your job and had benefits ever at all you can qualify for COBRA. If you really want to rescue someone I'm sure there's a kitty cat stuck in a tree somewhere.
gum5h03 is offline  
0
      08-30-2007, 09:40 PM   #46
gum5h03
Galactic Emperor
 
gum5h03's Avatar
 
Drives: Fast
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: WA

Posts: 801
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by enfield View Post
Again - this comes across as racist. The "sandy armpit" did not ask for an invasion.

What was it? Weapons of Mass Distraction or was it Destruction?
How does this come across ? You're a dumbshit. Please write someone who gives a flying fuck what you think.
gum5h03 is offline  
0
      08-31-2007, 09:06 AM   #47
dr335is
Brigadier General
 
Drives: GTI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 4,973
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gum5h03 View Post
How about you go hug a tree or something. Honestly...bleeding heart liberals want to feed, clothe and medicate the rest of the world. And if you've lost your job and had benefits ever at all you can qualify for COBRA. If you really want to rescue someone I'm sure there's a kitty cat stuck in a tree somewhere.
WOW, you have no F'N idea what you're talking about.
I was in the situation like that. Unemployment benefits paid me a maximum that anyone can get (I believe it was about $250/week. And COBRA cost for four of us (my fam) was $1200/month.

Do some research before wasting your keyboard...
dr335is is offline  
0
      08-31-2007, 10:39 AM   #48
gum5h03
Galactic Emperor
 
gum5h03's Avatar
 
Drives: Fast
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: WA

Posts: 801
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
WOW, you have no F'N idea what you're talking about.
I was in the situation like that. Unemployment benefits paid me a maximum that anyone can get (I believe it was about $250/week. And COBRA cost for four of us (my fam) was $1200/month.

Do some research before wasting your keyboard...
And that's somehow the rest of the world's fault that you didn't plan ahead for something like that? I don't know about you but I made arrangements for that very case. If I get laid off or injured or whatever I have enough saved up for nearly a year out of work (which will never happen because I'm an educated, well paid professional who can find another job within a day). As far as people that wait tables or sweep floors why should I have to pay extra taxes so people that have no ambition, no drive can get free medical care? Why should I pay for the illegal immigrants that come over to have babies here because as you say " the US has the worst healthcare system of any industrialized country"...but apparently it's good enough for them isn't it. This country gives people so many chances to succeed but a lot of those people don't aspire to do anything with their lives except mooch off the governement whether it be welfare, medicare or medicaid. A social healthcare system would only add to that problem.
gum5h03 is offline  
0
      08-31-2007, 12:01 PM   #49
dr335is
Brigadier General
 
Drives: GTI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 4,973
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gum5h03 View Post
And that's somehow the rest of the world's fault that you didn't plan ahead for something like that? I don't know about you but I made arrangements for that very case. If I get laid off or injured or whatever I have enough saved up for nearly a year out of work (which will never happen because I'm an educated, well paid professional who can find another job within a day). As far as people that wait tables or sweep floors why should I have to pay extra taxes so people that have no ambition, no drive can get free medical care? Why should I pay for the illegal immigrants that come over to have babies here because as you say " the US has the worst healthcare system of any industrialized country"...but apparently it's good enough for them isn't it. This country gives people so many chances to succeed but a lot of those people don't aspire to do anything with their lives except mooch off the governement whether it be welfare, medicare or medicaid. A social healthcare system would only add to that problem.

And ANOTHER Stupid reply...stop it man!
Where did I say that I was hurting??? Where did I say anything about my situation??? I am talking about others. I am talking about millions that simply cannot afford your COBRA with any type of planning.

Now, as for the immigration, again, you're hitting the wrong thing. No one here said that Haiti med system, or Mexico had it better or worse. People come here not for our med system, but for something else, things that are better here. I guarantee you that 90% of those immigrants have no clue about our med system before coming here and are not even thinking about it. I was one of them 20 years ago...

The bottom line is that the system we have is a pure shame for this country that is world's leader, and that is spending billions per day policing someone else...
dr335is is offline  
0
      08-31-2007, 04:42 PM   #50
Jaws
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Jaws's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 325i mt
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Edmonton

Posts: 1,736
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gum5h03 View Post
And that's somehow the rest of the world's fault that you didn't plan ahead for something like that? I don't know about you but I made arrangements for that very case. If I get laid off or injured or whatever I have enough saved up for nearly a year out of work (which will never happen because I'm an educated, well paid professional who can find another job within a day). As far as people that wait tables or sweep floors why should I have to pay extra taxes so people that have no ambition, no drive can get free medical care? Why should I pay for the illegal immigrants that come over to have babies here because as you say " the US has the worst healthcare system of any industrialized country"...but apparently it's good enough for them isn't it. This country gives people so many chances to succeed but a lot of those people don't aspire to do anything with their lives except mooch off the governement whether it be welfare, medicare or medicaid. A social healthcare system would only add to that problem.
So if everyone should aspire to greater things, who will wait tables? work in the Quick E marts?.... someone has to. Are these people not deserving of good health care? You say that you are a highly educated professional. You sure don't argue or write like one.
__________________
2006 325i - Sparkling Graphite
2000 S2000 - New Formula Red
2007 Chev Silverado crew cab Z71
Jaws is offline   Canada
0
      08-31-2007, 05:14 PM   #51
gum5h03
Galactic Emperor
 
gum5h03's Avatar
 
Drives: Fast
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: WA

Posts: 801
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
So if everyone should aspire to greater things, who will wait tables? work in the Quick E marts?.... someone has to. Are these people not deserving of good health care? You say that you are a highly educated professional. You sure don't argue or write like one.
Let's put it this way. Nobody "deserves" anything, period the end. Just because you're alive and kicking does NOT entitle you to all the perks of life. You have to work for them. Squeaking through life on just enought to live paycheck to paycheck without attempting to better yourself is not working towards anything; it's just laziness. Go work at Safeway or Starbucks if you want health care benefits. Plenty of companies offer benefits to even part time workers. People choose the life they live and should be accountable for their own choices. Name me one person disabled or not who couldn't work a few hours a week bagging groceries or serving coffee in order to get quality benefits. The only benefit of social healthcare is to the extreme lazy, the people who live in poverty, drug addicts, illegal immigrants, etc. Who will flip the bill for them? The middle class of course. I find it utterly stupid to pay for that shit espeically if the Federal Government is going to run it. Talk about waste...

I have an idea. Let's not stop by giving out free health care, let's also buy everyone a brand new BMW to drive. Afterall people who wait tables and work at gas stations should be able to drove what they want shouldn't they?
gum5h03 is offline  
0
      08-31-2007, 07:57 PM   #52
Jaws
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Jaws's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 325i mt
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Edmonton

Posts: 1,736
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gum5h03 View Post
Let's put it this way. Nobody "deserves" anything, period the end. Just because you're alive and kicking does NOT entitle you to all the perks of life. You have to work for them. Squeaking through life on just enought to live paycheck to paycheck without attempting to better yourself is not working towards anything; it's just laziness. Go work at Safeway or Starbucks if you want health care benefits. Plenty of companies offer benefits to even part time workers. People choose the life they live and should be accountable for their own choices. Name me one person disabled or not who couldn't work a few hours a week bagging groceries or serving coffee in order to get quality benefits. The only benefit of social healthcare is to the extreme lazy, the people who live in poverty, drug addicts, illegal immigrants, etc. Who will flip the bill for them? The middle class of course. I find it utterly stupid to pay for that shit espeically if the Federal Government is going to run it. Talk about waste...

I have an idea. Let's not stop by giving out free health care, let's also buy everyone a brand new BMW to drive. Afterall people who wait tables and work at gas stations should be able to drove what they want shouldn't they?
As far as I am concerned, some basic health is a human right, therefore
it is deserved as long as you are alive. I guess that you live in the right country then.
__________________
2006 325i - Sparkling Graphite
2000 S2000 - New Formula Red
2007 Chev Silverado crew cab Z71
Jaws is offline   Canada
0
      08-31-2007, 08:04 PM   #53
gum5h03
Galactic Emperor
 
gum5h03's Avatar
 
Drives: Fast
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: WA

Posts: 801
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
As far as I am concerned, some basic health is a human right, therefore
it is deserved as long as you are alive..
haha! Well it's a good thing you don't run the government or anything important Go ask Russia how well Socialism went for them and report back on your findings. Anyway I'm done arguing with you numbskulls. You can think what you want as long as you know you're wrong.
gum5h03 is offline  
0
      08-31-2007, 08:25 PM   #54
TurboFan
Ski bum
 
TurboFan's Avatar
 
Drives: sideways
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Knee deep in the pow

Posts: 6,207
iTrader: (8)

It's nascar, just a lot slower. It's called bump drafting. I like the bump draft on the bus!

Rubbin's Racin!
TurboFan is offline  
0
      08-31-2007, 08:36 PM   #55
addicted 2 turbo
3rd Brigade Combat Team
 
addicted 2 turbo's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 335 & 530
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: FORT CARSON, CO

Posts: 422
iTrader: (3)

Listen if you are man enough join the military and fight a war for 15 months
Unless you have been there you have no right to judge the military all you see is what CNN shows you .B-----ES


WATCH THIS VIDEOS



__________________
2007 black 335
2001 black 530
2011 honda pilot 1979 mazda RX7 1984 mazda RX7
addicted 2 turbo is offline   Puerto Rico
0
      08-31-2007, 11:44 PM   #56
E90Russ
Banned
 
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan (E90)
Join Date: May 2007
Location: PHX, AZ

Posts: 363
iTrader: (0)

Man that's creepy. I really hope those guys get to come home soon.

No person should be dying for this.
E90Russ is offline  
0
      09-01-2007, 02:18 AM   #57
RokX
'07 E92 335i SOLD
 
RokX's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 Jeep SRT8, SC'd '06 GTO
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Denver CO

Posts: 452
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boriquaguerrero View Post
Listen if you are man enough join the military and fight a war for 15 months
Unless you have been there you have no right to judge the military all you see is what CNN shows you .B-----ES


WATCH THIS VIDEOS



Amen brother.
__________________
RokX is offline   United_States
0
      09-01-2007, 09:20 AM   #58
dr335is
Brigadier General
 
Drives: GTI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 4,973
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RokX View Post
Amen brother.
How about I tell you if you're a man enough with any brains pick up the calc 4 and diff equations and lets talk...
Priorities man -- some of us had to resort to the Military side (ant think they are super patriotic because of that, but forget the perks and little check they collected and will after retiring), and some of us simply use brain power to make living...

Some drive Bimmers, some Hondas...all about choice.

So, don't pride yourseld as "being a man" for joining the military or playing HS football...

BTW, I was in the military, not by choiuce (where I come from) and have experienced much worse shit in a REAL war than driving the Humwee in the middle of a city...
dr335is is offline  
0
      09-01-2007, 09:32 AM   #59
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
 
Dammmittt's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 M Coupe
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Der Autobahnen

Posts: 4,331
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
How about I tell you if you're a man enough with any brains pick up the calc 4 and diff equations and lets talk...
Priorities man -- some of us had to resort to the Military side (ant think they are super patriotic because of that, but forget the perks and little check they collected and will after retiring), and some of us simply use brain power to make living...

Some drive Bimmers, some Hondas...all about choice.

So, don't pride yourseld as "being a man" for joining the military or playing HS football...

BTW, I was in the military, not by choiuce (where I come from) and have experienced much worse shit in a REAL war than driving the Humwee in the middle of a city...
Gotta love the ignorance here. And diffeq isn't even hard...way to bring up that one big boy
__________________


07 ///M Coupe (Premium Package) Black Saphire Ext. Imola Red Int.

Best Website EVER!
Dammmittt is offline   Germany
0
      09-01-2007, 10:10 AM   #60
dr335is
Brigadier General
 
Drives: GTI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 4,973
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dammmittt View Post
Gotta love the ignorance here. And diffeq isn't even hard...way to bring up that one big boy
Aha, I am sure you know what I'm talking about...
Anyway...if that is easy for you, I am sure climbing the rope is even easier...big boy....

Remember...wighting the wars and occupying other countries is really not an ideal definition of "real man" by many standards out there... There are many more important things in life than screaming and using force...
dr335is is offline  
0
      09-01-2007, 10:47 AM   #61
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
 
Dammmittt's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 M Coupe
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Der Autobahnen

Posts: 4,331
iTrader: (0)

I'm sure I do...I'm an aero engineer afterall...And if you knew anything about being a soldier, you'd know we'd prefer a full on, ass kicking war. This isn't what anyone wants. Blame politics for where we're at. The soldier is just out there doing their job and trying to go home safe and in one piece.
__________________


07 ///M Coupe (Premium Package) Black Saphire Ext. Imola Red Int.

Best Website EVER!
Dammmittt is offline   Germany
0
      09-01-2007, 12:48 PM   #62
dr335is
Brigadier General
 
Drives: GTI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 4,973
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dammmittt View Post
I'm sure I do...I'm an aero engineer afterall...And if you knew anything about being a soldier, you'd know we'd prefer a full on, ass kicking war. This isn't what anyone wants. Blame politics for where we're at. The soldier is just out there doing their job and trying to go home safe and in one piece.
Don't get me wrong -- I put NO blame on the soldiers -- pure blame on your leaders and politicians (on both sides). And I hope all of our soldiers and innocent on the other side make it back/out safe...

However, telling anyone that it is so "manly" to join the Army is a pure nonsence...
dr335is is offline  
0
      09-01-2007, 01:33 PM   #63
IboughtafreakingBMW!
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2011 X5 35i and 2007 e92 335i
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: BC

Posts: 111
iTrader: (0)

If I had to patrol the streets of Baghdad I would do the same thing. They were careful to avoid pedestrians and all they did was give little love taps anyway. They knew that they were in danger and that their presence was a danger to everyone there. Overall, it looked very professional.

That being said the fact that they have to do that indicates lack of control. The whole damn country is a mess. There needed to be some sort of plan
to occupy the country after the expected easy victory over the former Iraqi army. Too few troops, no securing of weapons caches, dissolving the army ("by the way you're all fired, please leave your guns and explosives on the way out").

This is not an army problem. It's a leadership one.
IboughtafreakingBMW! is offline  
0
      09-01-2007, 02:21 PM   #64
addicted 2 turbo
3rd Brigade Combat Team
 
addicted 2 turbo's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 335 & 530
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: FORT CARSON, CO

Posts: 422
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
How about I tell you if you're a man enough with any brains pick up the calc 4 and diff equations and lets talk...
Priorities man -- some of us had to resort to the Military side (ant think they are super patriotic because of that, but forget the perks and little check they collected and will after retiring), and some of us simply use brain power to make living...

Some drive Bimmers, some Hondas...all about choice.

So, don't pride yourseld as "being a man" for joining the military or playing HS football...

BTW, I was in the military, not by choiuce (where I come from) and have experienced much worse shit in a REAL war than driving the Humwee in the middle of a city...
where you from? I joined the Army after 9/11 because of what happens
nobody force me....... if you think going to irak is only driving humves in the middle of the city you are wrong. if everybody thinks about brain power to make a living they wont be a police, firefighter or teachers some of us like what we do even though we aint rich but we are happy making the difference. IGNORANCE AT HIS BEST.......
__________________
2007 black 335
2001 black 530
2011 honda pilot 1979 mazda RX7 1984 mazda RX7

Last edited by addicted 2 turbo; 09-01-2007 at 02:49 PM.
addicted 2 turbo is offline   Puerto Rico
0
      09-01-2007, 03:57 PM   #65
gum5h03
Galactic Emperor
 
gum5h03's Avatar
 
Drives: Fast
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: WA

Posts: 801
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
BTW, I was in the military, not by choiuce (where I come from) and have experienced much worse shit in a REAL war than driving the Humwee in the middle of a city...
I see your problem now. You are a foreigner and because of this you think your opinion means something. I'll tell you right now that it doesn't mean shit especially when you start ragging on our country. I refer to a previous statement I made...go somewhere else.
gum5h03 is offline  
0
      09-01-2007, 05:09 PM   #66
Jaws
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Jaws's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 325i mt
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Edmonton

Posts: 1,736
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gum5h03 View Post
I see your problem now. You are a foreigner and because of this you think your opinion means something. I'll tell you right now that it doesn't mean shit especially when you start ragging on our country. I refer to a previous statement I made...go somewhere else.
I thought there was freedom of speech in the US? Sorry to break the news to you, but anyone who attains citizenship is as much an American as you are.
__________________
2006 325i - Sparkling Graphite
2000 S2000 - New Formula Red
2007 Chev Silverado crew cab Z71
Jaws is offline   Canada
0
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:42 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST