BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

European Auto Source

02-16-2013, 07:56 PM   #1
sparkyg
Brigadier General

Drives: EBII 2014 F31 328xi

Anyone with a Loose/sloppy 6MT Shifter?

I have the Rogue SSK but I am starting to notice more shifter slop in gear and out.

The slop is left-right and I am wondering if anyone has done any maintenance yet to fix this? Are there parts that we can replace to tighten things up?

My car has 60k km or about 37k mi.

I called IND who talked to Rogue and the SSK is very long life but Ilia suggested some BMW parts to replace.

Thx for any help.
sparkyg is offline   Canada
      02-16-2013, 11:25 PM   #2
talontid
Banned

Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyg View Post
I have the Rogue SSK but I am starting to notice more shifter slop in gear and out.

The slop is left-right and I am wondering if anyone has done any maintenance yet to fix this? Are there parts that we can replace to tighten things up?

My car has 60k km or about 37k mi.

I called IND who talked to Rogue and the SSK is very long life but Ilia suggested some BMW parts to replace.

Thx for any help.
unfortunately BMW shifters all seem to have a small amount of left to right play either in neutal or in gear. In my e46 I was able to almost eliminate it all with new bushings and a UUC SSK. Since you already have a SSK I assume it comes with replacement carrier delrin bushings which should help. There is also a small bushing on the selector rod that is a BEAR to replace and if you want to pull the trans you can replace the neutral detent springs which are usually the last resort.

I would just live with it... or. Look into getting an Autosolutions SSK; hands down the best aftermarket shifter I have ever felt. If we could get enough interest they would do a group buy for it.