BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos
 
GT Haus
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-16-2013, 01:20 AM   #45
RnmEvo9
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Pembroke Pines, FL

Posts: 1,691
iTrader: (2)

Nice upgrade dude, congrats! OP, I am curious, but did you have an Evo 9 back in 2005-2006? Your screen name looks familiar but I could be wrong lol.
RnmEvo9 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-16-2013, 02:27 AM   #46
dmc0910
Registered
 
Drives: bmw F10
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: KOREA

Posts: 4
iTrader: (0)

wow

wow good design
dmc0910 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-16-2013, 02:36 PM   #47
hova00
Captain
 
hova00's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: EAST COAST

Posts: 653
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RnmEvo9 View Post
Nice upgrade dude, congrats! OP, I am curious, but did you have an Evo 9 back in 2005-2006? Your screen name looks familiar but I could be wrong lol.
I had a red EVO 9 back in 05-06. Wish i still had that car.
hova00 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-16-2013, 03:39 PM   #48
RnmEvo9
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Pembroke Pines, FL

Posts: 1,691
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hova00 View Post
I had a red EVO 9 back in 05-06. Wish i still had that car.
Ahha so I was right lol, yeah I remember your video from Atco very well back in 05-06. I also wish I still had my Evo 9 till this day, but thieves are garbage.

Congrats again on the Porsche.
RnmEvo9 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-16-2013, 03:55 PM   #49
STALKER
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto, ON

Posts: 3,640
iTrader: (5)

How do you like the PDK?? Was your M3 DCT?
How is S-PASM? I ordered PDK and S-PASM.
__________________

2008 AW/FR E90 M3-SOLD
2013 991 C4S
STALKER is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-16-2013, 04:04 PM   #50
hova00
Captain
 
hova00's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: EAST COAST

Posts: 653
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RnmEvo9 View Post
Ahha so I was right lol, yeah I remember your video from Atco very well back in 05-06. I also wish I still had my Evo 9 till this day, but thieves are garbage.

Congrats again on the Porsche.
My EVO 9 was the 1st one to run in the 11's at the time and so many people said that it wasnt possible with just a turboback and tune but so i had to film it to prove it.

to the theives that stole your car


Quote:
Originally Posted by STALKER View Post
How do you like the PDK?? Was your M3 DCT?
How is S-PASM? I ordered PDK and S-PASM.
To be honest I went with the PDK because i liked the DCT in the M3 so much.
I drove a 7spd car to see if i wanted to switch back to a manual but the car just didnt feel as fast.

The car with S-PASM looks alot better to me because of the lowered stance. With this option iam positive that i will never touch the suspension because i really wouldnt want the car to be any lower.
hova00 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-16-2013, 04:15 PM   #51
SYZ
Lieutenant
 
SYZ's Avatar
 
Drives: :O
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Scottsdale

Posts: 459
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hova00 View Post
My EVO 9 was the 1st one to run in the 11's at the time and so many people said that it wasnt possible with just a turboback and tune but so i had to film it to prove it.

to the theives that stole your car




To be honest I went with the PDK because i liked the DCT in the M3 so much.
I drove a 7spd car to see if i wanted to switch back to a manual but the car just didnt feel as fast.

The car with S-PASM looks alot better to me because of the lowered stance. With this option iam positive that i will never touch the suspension because i really wouldnt want the car to be any lower.

Was your username on EvoM Most Wanted?
SYZ is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-16-2013, 04:20 PM   #52
STALKER
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto, ON

Posts: 3,640
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hova00 View Post
My EVO 9 was the 1st one to run in the 11's at the time and so many people said that it wasnt possible with just a turboback and tune but so i had to film it to prove it.

to the theives that stole your car




To be honest I went with the PDK because i liked the DCT in the M3 so much.
I drove a 7spd car to see if i wanted to switch back to a manual but the car just didnt feel as fast.

The car with S-PASM looks alot better to me because of the lowered stance. With this option iam positive that i will never touch the suspension because i really wouldnt want the car to be any lower.
How is the ride quality with S-PASM?
__________________

2008 AW/FR E90 M3-SOLD
2013 991 C4S
STALKER is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-16-2013, 04:22 PM   #53
hova00
Captain
 
hova00's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: EAST COAST

Posts: 653
iTrader: (6)

Ride quality is good even in the sport plus. I have hit some bumps and dips in the road and the car handled it very well so far no issues with it.
hova00 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-16-2013, 04:24 PM   #54
STALKER
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto, ON

Posts: 3,640
iTrader: (5)

Good to know. Our roads in Toronto are horrible, so I was a bit worried ordering Sport PASM.
__________________

2008 AW/FR E90 M3-SOLD
2013 991 C4S
STALKER is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-16-2013, 06:11 PM   #55
shivaswrath
Colonel
 
shivaswrath's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 335i
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lost in NJ

Posts: 2,995
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RnmEvo9
Quote:
Originally Posted by hova00 View Post
I had a red EVO 9 back in 05-06. Wish i still had that car.
Ahha so I was right lol, yeah I remember your video from Atco very well back in 05-06. I also wish I still had my Evo 9 till this day, but thieves are garbage.

Congrats again on the Porsche.
I miss my Evo VIII...they were such perfect, raw cars.

I'm sure the 911 makes it easier to forget though!
__________________
2012 335i Mineral Gray
M Performance Whore: PPK|Exhaust|Brakes|Performance Suspension Struts & Springs|LSD|Black Kidney Grilles|CF Spoiler and Mirror Caps|Bav Stage 1|400Ms|BMWF30.com
shivaswrath is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-16-2013, 06:41 PM   #56
ESC OFF
Major
 
ESC OFF's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M (AW) & CaymanS
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chicago

Posts: 1,058
iTrader: (0)

Nice! Congrats!
__________________
The faster you go, the better it feels
ESC OFF is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-16-2013, 07:43 PM   #57
hova00
Captain
 
hova00's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: EAST COAST

Posts: 653
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYZ View Post
Was your username on EvoM Most Wanted?
No but I know who your talking about. That guy had one fast ass EVO.
hova00 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-19-2013, 01:12 AM   #58
mainly
Lieutenant
 
Drives: F10 M5 imperial blue
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Edmonton alberta, canada.

Posts: 466
iTrader: (0)

the 991 carrera s is amazing, if i had my time back i may have gotten it over an m5
mainly is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-19-2013, 05:35 PM   #59
hova00
Captain
 
hova00's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: EAST COAST

Posts: 653
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainly View Post
the 991 carrera s is amazing, if i had my time back i may have gotten it over an m5
Funny you say that because i think that an M5/M6 might be next for me.
hova00 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-19-2013, 06:03 PM   #60
mainly
Lieutenant
 
Drives: F10 M5 imperial blue
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Edmonton alberta, canada.

Posts: 466
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hova00 View Post
Funny you say that because i think that an M5/M6 might be next for me.
Wow that is funny. Why ? Too small? Comfort?
mainly is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-19-2013, 08:34 PM   #61
hova00
Captain
 
hova00's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: EAST COAST

Posts: 653
iTrader: (6)

No just always wanted to try an m6
hova00 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-20-2013, 03:03 AM   #62
py0413
Major
 
py0413's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 M5
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: BC

Posts: 1,169
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hova00
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainly View Post
the 991 carrera s is amazing, if i had my time back i may have gotten it over an m5
Funny you say that because i think that an M5/M6 might be next for me.
I pulled the trigger on an M5 today also felt sad to part away with my 911 which I thought I'd keep for years
__________________
Must stop eating..............
py0413 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-20-2013, 06:50 AM   #63
hova00
Captain
 
hova00's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: EAST COAST

Posts: 653
iTrader: (6)

When it comes to cars I wanna try them all at least once
hova00 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-20-2013, 12:20 PM   #64
i001947
Captain
 
i001947's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: US

Posts: 662
iTrader: (0)

The Porsche 911 S is a Better BMW M3

IMO, the Porsche 911 S is the next car after owning a BMW M3. Before I bought my M3, the only car left on the list to compare with was the 911 S. But for me, $125K was more car I could afford.

You did the right thing.

Enjoy it!
i001947 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-20-2013, 12:27 PM   #65
i001947
Captain
 
i001947's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: US

Posts: 662
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandye90m3 View Post
Great car! There is nothing like a porsche IMO. It's a different driving experience
So true.
i001947 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-20-2013, 01:55 PM   #66
saeyedoc
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2012 Cayman S, 2012 Panamera
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: San Antonio, TX

Posts: 538
iTrader: (0)

Test drove a base 991 convertible the other day while my Cayman was getting new rear tires. Handled great, very nice inside. Currently, 2 yr residuals on the 991 are so good that the monthly may be about the same as a Cayman S that lists for $20k, less, will have to see if that trend continues when my lease is up next year.
saeyedoc is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:09 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST