BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-12-2013, 09:43 PM   #1
supergan8
Private
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: pasadena

Posts: 55
iTrader: (1)

Tire Size recommendation.

Hi, I need some tire size recommendations. I got some wheels and these are the widths and offsets of the wheels. I would like to run as much of a square setup as possible. What tire sizes would you guys recommend for me not to rub at all? This will be a daily driver as well so i don't want the headache of rubbing. I listed the pros and cons of each setup. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Car is lowered on Eibach Sport Springs.

19x10.5 +8 Rears
19x9.5 +19 Fronts

Options 1 Limited tire brands in the front and might also cause rubbing?
255/30/19 for the front (not many brands make this tire size only Michelin SS, RE-11s, AD08s)
275/30/19 rears

Option 2 In my opinion the most ideal setup but fronts may rub since it is too wide.
265/30/19 Fronts
275/30/19s Rears

Option 3 I'm afraid this setup will not be ideal for handling and balance of the car
245/35/19
275/30/19
supergan8 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-12-2013, 10:52 PM   #2
slicer
Brigadier General
 
slicer's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Diego, CA

Posts: 3,620
iTrader: (11)

Take a look at this thread:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=522139

I recommend 275/30/19 in the front - but you will need to remove the camber pins and add negative camber for them to look right.

Who sold you et8 rear wheels? That offset seriously limits your tire options. I don't know what tire size will work without rubbing... I guess you could try 275/30 or 275/35. No matter what you do that wheel width / offset will look ridiculous.
__________________
KW Clubsport 3-way, Akrapovic Evolution, ESS Tune, StopTech Trophy, IND Euro Bumper & Black Mirror Covers, Turner Motorsports Studs/Lugs & Delrin Diff Bushings, MRF Solid Sub-Frame Bushings, RD Sport Sways, Recaro Profi-XL & Planted Seat Brackets, BMW Performance Carbon Fiber Interior Trim, BMW Edition Grills/Gills, Mode Carbon GT4 Splitter & GTS Wing, Advan TC3 (18x9.5/10.5), BBS E05 (18x10/11), G-Force Rivals (275/295)
slicer is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-13-2013, 12:13 AM   #3
supergan8
Private
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: pasadena

Posts: 55
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicer
Take a look at this thread:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=522139

I recommend 275/30/19 in the front - but you will need to remove the camber pins and add negative camber for them to look right.

Who sold you et8 rear wheels? That offset seriously limits your tire options. I don't know what tire size will work without rubbing... I guess you could try 275/30 or 275/35. No matter what you do that wheel width / offset will look ridiculous.
Actually traded with someone on the boards and it pics his wheels sit pretty flush in pictures. Thanks a lot ill take a look at that. But I don't think anyone else has these offsets.
supergan8 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-13-2013, 10:58 AM   #4
slicer
Brigadier General
 
slicer's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Diego, CA

Posts: 3,620
iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by supergan8 View Post
Actually traded with someone on the boards and it pics his wheels sit pretty flush in pictures. Thanks a lot ill take a look at that. But I don't think anyone else has these offsets.
OK. I personally think a 19 x 10.5" wheel looks and works great with a 295/30 tire. It would be a great match for 275's in the front on 9.5" wheels. The problem you have is that your offset is about 20mm too low to fit a 295 in the rear without rubbing like crazy.
__________________
KW Clubsport 3-way, Akrapovic Evolution, ESS Tune, StopTech Trophy, IND Euro Bumper & Black Mirror Covers, Turner Motorsports Studs/Lugs & Delrin Diff Bushings, MRF Solid Sub-Frame Bushings, RD Sport Sways, Recaro Profi-XL & Planted Seat Brackets, BMW Performance Carbon Fiber Interior Trim, BMW Edition Grills/Gills, Mode Carbon GT4 Splitter & GTS Wing, Advan TC3 (18x9.5/10.5), BBS E05 (18x10/11), G-Force Rivals (275/295)
slicer is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-13-2013, 11:00 AM   #5
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
THE TECH's Avatar
 
Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kansas

Posts: 13,065
iTrader: (44)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH Send a message via Skype™ to THE TECH
Sounds like wheels that really weren't meant for an M3.
__________________
THE TECH is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-13-2013, 11:10 AM   #6
slicer
Brigadier General
 
slicer's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Diego, CA

Posts: 3,620
iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
Sounds like wheels that really weren't meant for an M3.
Agreed.
__________________
KW Clubsport 3-way, Akrapovic Evolution, ESS Tune, StopTech Trophy, IND Euro Bumper & Black Mirror Covers, Turner Motorsports Studs/Lugs & Delrin Diff Bushings, MRF Solid Sub-Frame Bushings, RD Sport Sways, Recaro Profi-XL & Planted Seat Brackets, BMW Performance Carbon Fiber Interior Trim, BMW Edition Grills/Gills, Mode Carbon GT4 Splitter & GTS Wing, Advan TC3 (18x9.5/10.5), BBS E05 (18x10/11), G-Force Rivals (275/295)
slicer is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-13-2013, 03:45 PM   #7
brandonwuwux3
Captain
 
Drives: Jet black E92 m3 DCT
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: SOCAL 626

Posts: 696
iTrader: (2)

Wheels were meant for show and not a track or functional guy.
__________________
Royal Flush car crew, E92 black m3,Work brombacher, kwv3, 3D lip, VRS style difuser, CSL carbon trunk, Performance steering wheel, Full elite exhaust,Evosport pulley, Afe stage 2 intake
brandonwuwux3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-13-2013, 09:32 PM   #8
chuxdelux
Captain
 
Drives: 2005 e46 m3, 2013 Jetta TDI
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Honolulu,HI

Posts: 636
iTrader: (1)

I think your offsets are fine, but you are prolly gonna need coilovers to pull the look off. I would run a 265/30 295/30.
chuxdelux is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-13-2013, 11:58 PM   #9
supergan8
Private
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: pasadena

Posts: 55
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuxdelux
I think your offsets are fine, but you are prolly gonna need coilovers to pull the look off. I would run a 265/30 295/30.
Why coilovers? Thanks for the help all!
supergan8 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-14-2013, 11:49 AM   #10
slicer
Brigadier General
 
slicer's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Diego, CA

Posts: 3,620
iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuxdelux View Post
I think your offsets are fine, but you are prolly gonna need coilovers to pull the look off. I would run a 265/30 295/30.
My 295's were rubbing on eibach springs with 10.5 et22 rear wheels. There is no way he will fit 295's on et8 wheels without ripping his fenders off.
__________________
KW Clubsport 3-way, Akrapovic Evolution, ESS Tune, StopTech Trophy, IND Euro Bumper & Black Mirror Covers, Turner Motorsports Studs/Lugs & Delrin Diff Bushings, MRF Solid Sub-Frame Bushings, RD Sport Sways, Recaro Profi-XL & Planted Seat Brackets, BMW Performance Carbon Fiber Interior Trim, BMW Edition Grills/Gills, Mode Carbon GT4 Splitter & GTS Wing, Advan TC3 (18x9.5/10.5), BBS E05 (18x10/11), G-Force Rivals (275/295)
slicer is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-14-2013, 12:28 PM   #11
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
THE TECH's Avatar
 
Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kansas

Posts: 13,065
iTrader: (44)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH Send a message via Skype™ to THE TECH
Quote:
Originally Posted by slicer View Post
My 295's were rubbing on eibach springs with 10.5 et22 rear wheels. There is no way he will fit 295's on et8 wheels without ripping his fenders off.
+1
__________________
THE TECH is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-14-2013, 01:16 PM   #12
chuxdelux
Captain
 
Drives: 2005 e46 m3, 2013 Jetta TDI
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Honolulu,HI

Posts: 636
iTrader: (1)

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...=475902&page=2

Scroll down the page and there is a white e90 on LMs will very aggressive offsets on 295 rears.

http://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php...&Submit=Submit

The rears that he is trying to fit will be 3mm closer to the fender than the setup w/ LMs. So in that case I would run a 275/285 rear to be safe. Of course you are prolly gonna have to dail in some rear neg camber. I suggested coilovers for those aggressive offsets bc car generally looks akward when it is slightly lowered and has aggressive fitment. To fit your rear wheels you are gonna need a combination of stretched tires and custom alignment.
chuxdelux is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-14-2013, 01:21 PM   #13
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
THE TECH's Avatar
 
Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kansas

Posts: 13,065
iTrader: (44)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH Send a message via Skype™ to THE TECH
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuxdelux View Post
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...=475902&page=2

Scroll down the page and there is a white e90 on LMs will very aggressive offsets on 295 rears.

http://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php...&Submit=Submit

The rears that he is trying to fit will be 3mm closer to the fender than the setup w/ LMs. So in that case I would run a 275/285 rear to be safe. Of course you are prolly gonna have to dail in some rear neg camber. I suggested coilovers for those aggressive offsets bc car generally looks akward when it is slightly lowered and has aggressive fitment.
The one you mention is running either 17mm or 22mm offsets. The OP wants to run 8mm in the rear. That's a 9mm or 14mm difference unless I am reading something wrong.
__________________
THE TECH is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-15-2013, 02:27 AM   #14
chuxdelux
Captain
 
Drives: 2005 e46 m3, 2013 Jetta TDI
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Honolulu,HI

Posts: 636
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
The one you mention is running either 17mm or 22mm offsets. The OP wants to run 8mm in the rear. That's a 9mm or 14mm difference unless I am reading something wrong.
The one running 19x11 et17 in the rear.
chuxdelux is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-15-2013, 04:43 AM   #15
supergan8
Private
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: pasadena

Posts: 55
iTrader: (1)

That's for all the help. I think I will just run 275/ to play it safe. The fronts I will try 265/30/19.
supergan8 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:22 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST