BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-07-2013, 01:27 PM   #1299
badazzm
Lieutenant
 
badazzm's Avatar
 
Drives: MR E92 ///M3
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Jose, CA

Posts: 539
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberkaa View Post
Ah, nice. Likewise!

I'm usually in my beater, a white E46 M3 with CF hood, black wheels.
Alright alright man! I will be looking out for u! And e46 M3 is not a beater. Lol. It's the sexiest M3 ever made.
badazzm is offline   India
0
Reply With Quote
      02-07-2013, 06:53 PM   #1300
Fellfromdsky
Private First Class
 
Fellfromdsky's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 Space Gray M3 ZCP|DCT
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 149
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to Fellfromdsky Send a message via Skype™ to Fellfromdsky
sorry just realized I posted in the wrong thread haha
__________________
2011 E92 Space Gray M3 | ZCP / DCT | Fox Red w/ CF Leather

Arkym Diffuser / Vorsteiner BootLid / CF Bits

Last edited by Fellfromdsky; 02-07-2013 at 07:04 PM.
Fellfromdsky is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-07-2013, 07:15 PM   #1301
cyberkaa
:facepalm:
 
cyberkaa's Avatar
 
Drives: '03 332i, '89 325i, '02 M3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 5,208
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2003 M/332i (325i b ...  [4.67]
2002 M3  [0.00]
1989 325i  [0.00]
Send a message via ICQ to cyberkaa Send a message via AIM to cyberkaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellfromdsky View Post
sorry just realized I posted in the wrong thread haha
That sucks. What was the fix-it for?

for Mitsuwa. I love those aloe drinks.
__________________
-Kalim (klx photo studio)

-
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Truong
Donuts make you go nuts
cyberkaa is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-07-2013, 07:25 PM   #1302
Fellfromdsky
Private First Class
 
Fellfromdsky's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 Space Gray M3 ZCP|DCT
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 149
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to Fellfromdsky Send a message via Skype™ to Fellfromdsky
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberkaa View Post
That sucks. What was the fix-it for?

for Mitsuwa. I love those aloe drinks.
Haha yeah, I moved the post to the sighting thread. It was just a no front plate and warning on tint haha. Decided to put my quick release back on for a while to avoid another one. They usually don't bother me if its only tint

edit: and yes the drinks at Mitsuwa are awesome!
__________________
2011 E92 Space Gray M3 | ZCP / DCT | Fox Red w/ CF Leather

Arkym Diffuser / Vorsteiner BootLid / CF Bits
Fellfromdsky is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-07-2013, 07:39 PM   #1303
cyberkaa
:facepalm:
 
cyberkaa's Avatar
 
Drives: '03 332i, '89 325i, '02 M3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 5,208
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2003 M/332i (325i b ...  [4.67]
2002 M3  [0.00]
1989 325i  [0.00]
Send a message via ICQ to cyberkaa Send a message via AIM to cyberkaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellfromdsky View Post
Haha yeah, I moved the post to the sighting thread. It was just a no front plate and warning on tint haha. Decided to put my quick release back on for a while to avoid another one. They usually don't bother me if its only tint

edit: and yes the drinks at Mitsuwa are awesome!
Gotcha.
I ran without a front plate for years before I finally got one. It's annoying, but I usually keep the plate on now unless I'm taking the car out for a show or photo shoot.
__________________
-Kalim (klx photo studio)

-
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Truong
Donuts make you go nuts
cyberkaa is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-12-2013, 01:09 AM   #1304
onnex
Major
 
onnex's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.5 E92 M3
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Encinitas

Posts: 1,019
iTrader: (13)

Garage List
2011 E92 M3  [4.67]
Send a message via AIM to onnex
So I'll be making the move up from San Diego in a few weeks here, and was curious what I was getting myself into with regards to my car in the city. I have an Amuse front bumper that is currently off the car (minor accident), and would that thing just get obliterated in the city if I try putting it back on? I also have 20s.. are those going to get bent, broke and all the above on those roads?

I'll be working in the South Park area, and probably living near by. I've got an underground garage spot worked out at a killer deal, and ideally only going to drive unless im going out of the city, but probably around the city as well at times.

I'd be stoked to hear from someone who's lived in the city with their car and if they had any recommendations hopefully see some of you guys around!
__________________
2011 Matte Metallic Blue E92 M3 | 6MT | Black Novillo / Black Carbon Leather | 20" DPE SP-SC 5 | LS3 V1 LEDs + full blackout | Full Amuse Ericsson Kit | Test Pipes + IPE | RD Sport Springs |
onnex is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-12-2013, 02:27 AM   #1305
8_is_enough
Lieutenant
 
8_is_enough's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 E92M, '12 GTI
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: san francisco, ca

Posts: 573
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by onnex View Post
So I'll be making the move up from San Diego in a few weeks here, and was curious what I was getting myself into with regards to my car in the city. I have an Amuse front bumper that is currently off the car (minor accident), and would that thing just get obliterated in the city if I try putting it back on? I also have 20s.. are those going to get bent, broke and all the above on those roads?

I'll be working in the South Park area, and probably living near by. I've got an underground garage spot worked out at a killer deal, and ideally only going to drive unless im going out of the city, but probably around the city as well at times.

I'd be stoked to hear from someone who's lived in the city with their car and if they had any recommendations hopefully see some of you guys around!
I live/work in SF, and had 20"s with Eibachs on my last M3. The ride was brutal around the Financial District and SOMA, which is right in your 'hood. It was fine in other neighborhoods and the freeways, but downtown SF is brutal. It's riddled with pot holes, expansion joints, plates, and some parts seem to be under perpetual construction. I bent a rim (3-piece forged HRE) and nearly destroyed one of my OEM CF splitters.

On my current M3, I'm going no bigger than 19"s and will not lower the car.
8_is_enough is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-12-2013, 02:39 AM   #1306
Z K
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Z K's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: San Francisco

Posts: 1,883
iTrader: (3)

SF is brutal on wheels. I've seen bent OEM 18" rims let alone anything bigger.
Z K is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-12-2013, 04:02 AM   #1307
onnex
Major
 
onnex's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.5 E92 M3
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Encinitas

Posts: 1,019
iTrader: (13)

Garage List
2011 E92 M3  [4.67]
Send a message via AIM to onnex
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8_is_enough View Post
I live/work in SF, and had 20"s with Eibachs on my last M3. The ride was brutal around the Financial District and SOMA, which is right in your 'hood. It was fine in other neighborhoods and the freeways, but downtown SF is brutal. It's riddled with pot holes, expansion joints, plates, and some parts seem to be under perpetual construction. I bent a rim (3-piece forged HRE) and nearly destroyed one of my OEM CF splitters.

On my current M3, I'm going no bigger than 19"s and will not lower the car.
Ah man, this is the answer I was afraid of, but way better to hear now. Bummer on the bent HREs, that couldn't have been fun. I've got a three piece DPE wheels that I'm not looking to wreck either– might have to give another thought to selling them and going with my 18" apex for city duty. Atleast south park is a quick jump to the freeway and getting out of that mess

Thanks for the insights!
__________________
2011 Matte Metallic Blue E92 M3 | 6MT | Black Novillo / Black Carbon Leather | 20" DPE SP-SC 5 | LS3 V1 LEDs + full blackout | Full Amuse Ericsson Kit | Test Pipes + IPE | RD Sport Springs |
onnex is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-12-2013, 01:24 PM   #1308
8_is_enough
Lieutenant
 
8_is_enough's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 E92M, '12 GTI
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: san francisco, ca

Posts: 573
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by onnex View Post
Ah man, this is the answer I was afraid of, but way better to hear now. Bummer on the bent HREs, that couldn't have been fun. I've got a three piece DPE wheels that I'm not looking to wreck either– might have to give another thought to selling them and going with my 18" apex for city duty. Atleast south park is a quick jump to the freeway and getting out of that mess

Thanks for the insights!
No prob, and hope you enjoy SF!
8_is_enough is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-12-2013, 07:44 PM   #1309
dj_dub
NoFüknJoke
 
dj_dub's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 BMW E90 M3
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 269
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberkaa View Post
You guys in tech?
I'm in the area, too!
Biotech...Clinical Research. Holler if you see me, I'll do the same dude!
__________________
2010 BMW E90 M3 - Space Gray/Fox Red | 6MT
ESS Tune | BMC Filter | RPI X-Pipe & Scoops | Akrapovic w/CF Tips | MS Pulleys | KW S/O | Varrstoen ES1 | Hankook V12 | Verstraβe Spacers | Hardwired V1 | Perf Elec Steering Wheel V2 | F10 M5 Shift Knob | BMWPedals.com | Arkym CF Front Lip | Forcewerkz CF SS Extensions | AutoTecknic Matte Black Kidneys & Hood Vents - CF Fender Grilles
dj_dub is offline   Philippines
0
Reply With Quote
      02-12-2013, 08:23 PM   #1310
cyberkaa
:facepalm:
 
cyberkaa's Avatar
 
Drives: '03 332i, '89 325i, '02 M3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 5,208
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2003 M/332i (325i b ...  [4.67]
2002 M3  [0.00]
1989 325i  [0.00]
Send a message via ICQ to cyberkaa Send a message via AIM to cyberkaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_dub View Post
Biotech...Clinical Research. Holler if you see me, I'll do the same dude!
__________________
-Kalim (klx photo studio)

-
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Truong
Donuts make you go nuts
cyberkaa is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-13-2013, 10:00 PM   #1311
badazzm
Lieutenant
 
badazzm's Avatar
 
Drives: MR E92 ///M3
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Jose, CA

Posts: 539
iTrader: (0)

Hey guys! Anyone has OEM ACM exhuast mod for sale in bay? Or would like to trade it for my gintani race rear section? Or trade my gintani race for any other sport?
badazzm is offline   India
0
Reply With Quote
      02-14-2013, 12:00 AM   #1312
Mloyalty
Second Lieutenant
 
Mloyalty's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 BMW 135is
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Silicon Valley

Posts: 285
iTrader: (0)

Can someone recommend a good Upholstery shop in San Jose area?

I'm thinking about getting the interior trim wrapped in Alcantara. Thx
__________________
2002 Honda S2K SOLD
2002 E46 M3 Coupe.. SOLD
2011 BMW 1M Coupe SOLD
2013 BMW M3 Coupe SOLD
2013 BMW 135is - 2015 BMW M3 on order
Mloyalty is offline   Iran
0
Reply With Quote
      02-14-2013, 12:34 AM   #1313
blackmist222777
Captain
 
blackmist222777's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: SF Bay Area

Posts: 763
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by badazzm View Post
Hey guys! Anyone has OEM ACM exhuast mod for sale in bay? Or would like to trade it for my gintani race rear section? Or trade my gintani race for any other sport?
i have OEM mod exhaust... any interest?
__________________

2011 E92 BMW M3 AW (current)
2004 E46 BMW M3 TIAG
2004 E46 BMW M3 LSB
blackmist222777 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-14-2013, 04:46 AM   #1314
Mahhvinn
EUROPROJEKTZ
 
Mahhvinn's Avatar
 
Drives: backwards
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: San Jose, CA (Bay Area)

Posts: 7,868
iTrader: (15)

Garage List
2008 E90 335i  [3.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mloyalty View Post
Can someone recommend a good Upholstery shop in San Jose area?

I'm thinking about getting the interior trim wrapped in Alcantara. Thx
Not in San Jose but close enough. Great group of guys and work is awesome. You will want to look for Michael.


Elite Auto Films
4370 Technology Dr Fremont, CA 94538
(408) 768-6802
__________________
LTMW|SPEEDELEMENT|EUROPROJEKTZ

#TeamStretchNPoke
Mahhvinn is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-14-2013, 01:13 PM   #1315
badazzm
Lieutenant
 
badazzm's Avatar
 
Drives: MR E92 ///M3
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Jose, CA

Posts: 539
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmist222777 View Post
i have OEM mod exhaust... any interest?
Hey man. I am putting back my stock exhaust today but I had the tips cut out to modify the Gintani a little. If the muffler shop has a hard time connecting my stock to oem x pipe then I will buy yours. Are you looking to get my Gintani or sell ur oem? Pls pm me where u are located and how much? Thanks!
badazzm is offline   India
0
Reply With Quote
      02-14-2013, 01:21 PM   #1316
blackmist222777
Captain
 
blackmist222777's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: SF Bay Area

Posts: 763
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by badazzm View Post
Hey man. I am putting back my stock exhaust today but I had the tips cut out to modify the Gintani a little. If the muffler shop has a hard time connecting my stock to oem x pipe then I will buy yours. Are you looking to get my Gintani or sell ur oem? Pls pm me where u are located and how much? Thanks!
wasnt planning on selling. just though maybe a trade would make sense but wanted to hear yours first. sounds like we are too late for that. i am saving my $ for wheels and a trunk.
__________________

2011 E92 BMW M3 AW (current)
2004 E46 BMW M3 TIAG
2004 E46 BMW M3 LSB
blackmist222777 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-14-2013, 01:24 PM   #1317
badazzm
Lieutenant
 
badazzm's Avatar
 
Drives: MR E92 ///M3
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Jose, CA

Posts: 539
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmist222777 View Post
wasnt planning on selling. just though maybe a trade would make sense but wanted to hear yours first. sounds like we are too late for that. i am saving my $ for wheels and a trunk.
I c I c. Where are you located? I am right across great america. It's ok even if you don't want to buy it but if you are closer to me then you can at least hear it before I take it off.
badazzm is offline   India
0
Reply With Quote
      02-14-2013, 02:22 PM   #1318
Mloyalty
Second Lieutenant
 
Mloyalty's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 BMW 135is
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Silicon Valley

Posts: 285
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahhvinn View Post
Not in San Jose but close enough. Great group of guys and work is awesome. You will want to look for Michael.


Elite Auto Films
4370 Technology Dr Fremont, CA 94538
(408) 768-6802
Thx
__________________
2002 Honda S2K SOLD
2002 E46 M3 Coupe.. SOLD
2011 BMW 1M Coupe SOLD
2013 BMW M3 Coupe SOLD
2013 BMW 135is - 2015 BMW M3 on order
Mloyalty is offline   Iran
0
Reply With Quote
      02-26-2013, 02:22 AM   #1319
AnotherM3
Private
 
Drives: 2008 AW e92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: San Jose, CA

Posts: 82
iTrader: (3)

Hey everyone, just introducing myself! Picked up an E92 last month and looking to learn more about my first euro car.
AnotherM3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-28-2013, 05:38 PM   #1320
cyberkaa
:facepalm:
 
cyberkaa's Avatar
 
Drives: '03 332i, '89 325i, '02 M3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 5,208
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2003 M/332i (325i b ...  [4.67]
2002 M3  [0.00]
1989 325i  [0.00]
Send a message via ICQ to cyberkaa Send a message via AIM to cyberkaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherM3 View Post
Hey everyone, just introducing myself! Picked up an E92 last month and looking to learn more about my first euro car.
Welcome
__________________
-Kalim (klx photo studio)

-
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Truong
Donuts make you go nuts
cyberkaa is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
e92 > e30, orlykalim@yarlykalim.com, wtb: good weather

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:01 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST