BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Australia
 
ESS Tuning
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-29-2013, 07:24 PM   #23
MFKN3
Colonel
MFKN3's Avatar
Australia
40
Rep
2,043
Posts

 
Drives: 4.5L stroker s/c E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Australia

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh View Post
Haven't done a track say with the supercharger yet won't bother until I get 18s with some toyo r888s

I did 3.45 diff gears not long ago the car pulls very hard now
Damn son! Your setup is no joke! I've got 18" Apex ARC-8 and run Nitto NT01 which I think are much better than the R888. It's such a light setup compared to my daily BBS wheels. Worth looking at when the time comes, and these wheels clear BBK's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavo335 View Post
there was talk that there was a problem with the bov's, such that when lifting off the throttle there was sufficient blow back and a power surge.

But it sounds like its a non event.
Each state is different, but here you won't get a mod plate with a BOV. Must be a DV instead afaik.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2013, 07:48 PM   #24
pavo335
Banned
pavo335's Avatar
33
Rep
2,981
Posts

 
Drives: 3.5 wheeler
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: sydney

iTrader: (0)

so in oz everyone has dv's and not bov?
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 09:23 PM   #25
leigh
Major
leigh's Avatar
20
Rep
1,103
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 e92 zcp m3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: melbourne

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFKN3 View Post
Damn son! Your setup is no joke! I've got 18" Apex ARC-8 and run Nitto NT01 which I think are much better than the R888. It's such a light setup compared to my daily BBS wheels. Worth looking at when the time comes, and these wheels clear BBK's.
Yeah it's not bad still wouldn't mind it to be a little faster haha

I think ill get some apex EC-7 soon and maybe try the NT01s. I don't k is of I should get wheels or a front splitter and diffuser but I can't really find any carbon bits I'm 100% on maybe the mode carbon stuff
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 09:24 PM   #26
leigh
Major
leigh's Avatar
20
Rep
1,103
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 e92 zcp m3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: melbourne

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavo335 View Post
so in oz everyone has dv's and not bov?
Yeah it comes with a DV unless you ask for the BOV you can still hear the car flutter with the DV
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 09:45 PM   #27
pavo335
Banned
pavo335's Avatar
33
Rep
2,981
Posts

 
Drives: 3.5 wheeler
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: sydney

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh View Post
Yeah it comes with a DV unless you ask for the BOV you can still hear the car flutter with the DV
thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 12:46 AM   #28
Aus_M
Private First Class
2
Rep
113
Posts

 
Drives: BMW M3
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFKN3 View Post
Damn son! Your setup is no joke! I've got 18" Apex ARC-8 and run Nitto NT01 which I think are much better than the R888. It's such a light setup compared to my daily BBS wheels. Worth looking at when the time comes, and these wheels clear BBK's.



Each state is different, but here you won't get a mod plate with a BOV. Must be a DV instead afaik.
Did you buy the Apex wheels locally? Will they also clear the larger 378mm Ap racing kit?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 07:36 AM   #29
Jin-ActiveMotorwerke
Private First Class
1
Rep
126
Posts

 
Drives: BMW E46 330i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Melbourne

iTrader: (0)

We put an ESS 625 kit on a 2012 M3 with DTC, works like a charm. No problems at all. Actually, the problem is getting the traction on the rear.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 07:36 PM   #30
MFKN3
Colonel
MFKN3's Avatar
Australia
40
Rep
2,043
Posts

 
Drives: 4.5L stroker s/c E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Australia

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aus_M View Post
Did you buy the Apex wheels locally? Will they also clear the larger 378mm Ap racing kit?

Thanks
I got them direct from Apex, but shipping was crazy, close to $600 I think.

I'd try one of their resellers, namely www.baanvelgen.com/brands/apex-wheels.html In the past I've found their shipping to be competitive and they can also supplied fitted tyres.

The ARC8 will clear the stoptech 380's, not sure about AP Racing kits though. Apex sell a newer model wheel which clear all 380mm kits
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 10:25 PM   #31
leigh
Major
leigh's Avatar
20
Rep
1,103
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 e92 zcp m3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: melbourne

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFKN3 View Post
I got them direct from Apex, but shipping was crazy, close to $600 I think.

I'd try one of their resellers, namely www.baanvelgen.com/brands/apex-wheels.html In the past I've found their shipping to be competitive and they can also supplied fitted tyres.

The ARC8 will clear the stoptech 380's, not sure about AP Racing kits though. Apex sell a newer model wheel which clear all 380mm kits
Do you have to email them?
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:31 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST