BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion
 
Steve Thomas BMW
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-30-2007, 10:33 PM   #89
normtrum
Colonel
 
normtrum's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 335i, e46 330i
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: PNW

Posts: 2,227
iTrader: (1)

I think some of those guys on the M5 board are pretty cool. It's kind of a different attitude over there. I peaked a bit to see what was going on with the gator thing.....not anywhere near the flaming or arguing that happens here. It's actually pretty refreshing.

There were a few guys who claimed 335 owners are ricers. I thought that was kind of funny.
__________________
07 335i sedan | Steptronic | Black saphire | Terra | ZPP | ZSP | Cold Weather | CA | PDC | Nav | OEM Alarm
normtrum is offline  
0
      08-30-2007, 10:52 PM   #90
E90Boy
Captain
 
E90Boy's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 F33
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Boston

Posts: 660
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dammmittt View Post
I'll feel bad for you if that 3.0 craps out on you one day from all the extra boost...but maybe it'll all be worth it...
So I want to know if the z4m is as fast as the e60 m5 up to 100mph since one of the member (artz 330) raced his z4m and Procede 335i and the z came out 2cl ahead. Why are these guys claiming an even race from 0 to about 100mph?
E90Boy is offline   United_States
0
      08-30-2007, 10:56 PM   #91
sflgator
Major General
 
sflgator's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: U.S.

Posts: 5,389
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Boy View Post
So I want to know if the z4m is as fast as the e60 m5 up to 100mph since one of the member (artz 330) raced his z4m and Procede 335i and the z came out 2cl ahead. Why are these guys claiming an even race from 0 to about 100mph?
Other guys on here ran their PROcede 335i's against a couple Z4Ms and beat them...I think it was either Walked U and/or CEA 3.

Walked U's thread w/ videos...

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ht=procede+z4m

Take a look at the 0-110mph race betwwen Walked U's PROcede 335i and the Z4M ...

http://s153.photobucket.com/albums/s...cture012-1.flv
__________________

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
sflgator is offline  
0
      08-30-2007, 11:02 PM   #92
E90Boy
Captain
 
E90Boy's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 F33
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Boston

Posts: 660
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflgator View Post
Other guys on here ran their PROcede 335i's against a couple Z4Ms and beat them...I think it was either Walked U and/or CEA 3.

Walked U's thread w/ videos...

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ht=procede+z4m
Well than tell it to this guy ======> Dammmittt because he's totally convinced that a stock z4m will walk a Procede 335i coupe easily, but I said maybe because that one z4m (Artz 330) was really strong and the pro335i was loaded w/ a full tank or something .
E90Boy is offline   United_States
0
      08-30-2007, 11:08 PM   #93
E90Boy
Captain
 
E90Boy's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 F33
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Boston

Posts: 660
iTrader: (4)

Dammmittt if you still want to go for pinks I got my brother's Procede 335i 6mt to do the race. Crimson Red, it's an awesome color, but I'd bet I'd look good driving that black z4m home.
E90Boy is offline   United_States
0
      08-30-2007, 11:09 PM   #94
sflgator
Major General
 
sflgator's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: U.S.

Posts: 5,389
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Boy View Post
Well than tell it to this guy ======> Dammmittt because he's totally convinced that a stock z4m will walk a Procede 335i coupe easily, but I said maybe because that one z4m (Artz 330) was really strong and the pro335i was loaded w/ a full tank or something .
Tell him to watch Walked U's video ^^^^...the PROcede 335i walked the Z4M by at least 2 CLs to 110mph.
__________________

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
sflgator is offline  
0
      08-30-2007, 11:12 PM   #95
E90Boy
Captain
 
E90Boy's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 F33
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Boston

Posts: 660
iTrader: (4)

Did Walked U have DPs or exhaust in that video?
E90Boy is offline   United_States
0
      08-31-2007, 02:15 AM   #96
sflgator
Major General
 
sflgator's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: U.S.

Posts: 5,389
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Boy View Post
Did Walked U have DPs or exhaust in that video?
No, not at that point, I believe...just PROcede.
__________________

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
sflgator is offline  
0
      08-31-2007, 06:55 AM   #97
E90Boy
Captain
 
E90Boy's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 F33
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Boston

Posts: 660
iTrader: (4)

Wow, so with DPs and exhaust procede 335i will rape z4m.
E90Boy is offline   United_States
0
      08-31-2007, 07:06 AM   #98
sflgator
Major General
 
sflgator's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: U.S.

Posts: 5,389
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Boy View Post
Wow, so with DPs and exhaust procede 335i will rape z4m.
I'd say that's a good bet (provided the 335i driver knows what he's doing).
__________________

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
sflgator is offline  
0
      08-31-2007, 08:52 AM   #99
sdiver68
Expert Road Racer
 
Drives: 07 335i e90, 09 335i e93
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: St. Louis, MO

Posts: 1,330
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflgator View Post
Well, 5 less lbs. of "unsprung" weight at each corner (from my old M6 Reps, which were 25 lbs. each; the VS7s are 20 lbs. each)...does anyone know approx. how much 20 lbs. of "unsprung" weight equals in "sprung" weight?
I've hear anything from 3-1 to 5-1, but really how do you measure?

Did you notice a big difference in steering feel going to the lightweights? I know I did, immediately, but I lost about 11 lbs per corner.

As for the M5, I don't doubt that it happened exactly the way you said...with your mods and his extra weight at less than triple digit speeds. For all we know he was carrying 8 extra gallons of fuel (8x6=48 lbs) + 200 lb passenger.
sdiver68 is offline  
0
      08-31-2007, 09:23 AM   #100
ward
Major General
 
Drives: F
Join Date: May 2005
Location: T

Posts: 6,162
iTrader: (0)

wait, we have one video where the MZ4 wins, and one where the 335 wins

how is this possible
ward is offline  
0
      08-31-2007, 09:47 AM   #101
sflgator
Major General
 
sflgator's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: U.S.

Posts: 5,389
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdiver68 View Post
I've hear anything from 3-1 to 5-1, but really how do you measure?

Did you notice a big difference in steering feel going to the lightweights?
I know I did, immediately, but I lost about 11 lbs per corner.

As for the M5, I don't doubt that it happened exactly the way you said...with your mods and his extra weight at less than triple digit speeds. For all we know he was carrying 8 extra gallons of fuel (8x6=48 lbs) + 200 lb passenger.
Thanks, so I guess I've lost approx. another 60-100lbs. of sprung weight...that's cool. As far as noticing a difference, I think it's hard to tell, but riding on these lightweight Morr monoforged VS7s, my car feels a bit more "tossable" yet more solid than the M6 Reps; can't say if it feels any faster or not than before though.
__________________

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
sflgator is offline  
0
      08-31-2007, 10:00 AM   #102
OC 335i
General
 
OC 335i's Avatar
 
Drives: AW 335D E90
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Irvine/Aliso Viejo, CA

Posts: 18,119
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to OC 335i Send a message via MSN to OC 335i
Nico, let your brother know if your brother wants to meet at some track sometimes. For some background info, Nico's brother has a M5 so we can really put this to the test.

All in fun though.
__________________

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
OC 335i is offline   United_States
0
      08-31-2007, 10:31 AM   #103
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
 
Dammmittt's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 M Coupe
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Der Autobahnen

Posts: 4,331
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Boy View Post
Well than tell it to this guy ======> Dammmittt because he's totally convinced that a stock z4m will walk a Procede 335i coupe easily, but I said maybe because that one z4m (Artz 330) was really strong and the pro335i was loaded w/ a full tank or something .
I said driver's race retard. I never said the Z4M Coupe would walk on a PROcede 335i. Pay attention. Anyone who thinks its other than a driver's race isn't very bright.
__________________


07 ///M Coupe (Premium Package) Black Saphire Ext. Imola Red Int.

Best Website EVER!
Dammmittt is offline   Germany
0
      08-31-2007, 10:32 AM   #104
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
 
Dammmittt's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 M Coupe
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Der Autobahnen

Posts: 4,331
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Boy View Post
Dammmittt if you still want to go for pinks I got my brother's Procede 335i 6mt to do the race. Crimson Red, it's an awesome color, but I'd bet I'd look good driving that black z4m home.
What are you 10? This isn't a Fast and Furious movie. Grow up. Anyone willing to lose their car for a race doesn't deserve it to begin with.
__________________


07 ///M Coupe (Premium Package) Black Saphire Ext. Imola Red Int.

Best Website EVER!
Dammmittt is offline   Germany
0
      08-31-2007, 10:35 AM   #105
ward
Major General
 
Drives: F
Join Date: May 2005
Location: T

Posts: 6,162
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dammmittt View Post
What are you 10? This isn't a Fast and Furious movie. Grow up. Anyone willing to lose their car for a race doesn't deserve it to begin with.
what's better is that he's willing to give up his brother's car in the race... not even his own
ward is offline  
0
      08-31-2007, 11:02 AM   #106
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
 
Dammmittt's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 M Coupe
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Der Autobahnen

Posts: 4,331
iTrader: (0)

__________________


07 ///M Coupe (Premium Package) Black Saphire Ext. Imola Red Int.

Best Website EVER!
Dammmittt is offline   Germany
0
      08-31-2007, 12:43 PM   #107
E90ice
Banned
 
E90ice's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe
Join Date: May 2006
Location: WA

Posts: 2,004
iTrader: (0)

Power to Weight Ratio:

Z4 M Coupe: 9.8
335i Procede: 9.0

2007 335i Procede 13.0 @ 107 mph
2007 BMW Z4 M-Coupe : 13.6 @ 105 mph

I really don't see how you could beat a 335 Procede, unless the drives is blind.

__________________
E90ice is offline  
0
      08-31-2007, 07:44 PM   #108
ward
Major General
 
Drives: F
Join Date: May 2005
Location: T

Posts: 6,162
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90ice View Post
Power to Weight Ratio:

Z4 M Coupe: 9.8
335i Procede: 9.0

2007 335i Procede 13.0 @ 107 mph
2007 BMW Z4 M-Coupe : 13.6 @ 105 mph

I really don't see how you could beat a 335 Procede, unless the drives is blind.

those HP/wt ratio's look off

330 in the MZ4/3230 lbs =9.8

X hp /3583lbs=9

I thought procede was about 350hp, you have to have 400 hp to have a ratio you claim

I'm sure adding some HP is safe, but 100 hp from software alone, safely
ward is offline  
0
      08-31-2007, 07:49 PM   #109
sflgator
Major General
 
sflgator's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: U.S.

Posts: 5,389
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ward View Post
those HP/wt ratio's look off

330 in the MZ4/3230 lbs =9.8

X hp /3583lbs=9

I thought procede was about 350hp, you have to have 400 hp to have a ratio you claim

I'm sure adding some HP is safe, but 100 hp from software alone, safely
ward,

Where do you get that BAD info? I thought you've been on this Forum a very long time; certainly long enough to have accurate info about the PROcede.

My car dyno'd at 322WHP and 378 lb.-ft. RWTQ, which translates into approx. ~ 379BHP and 445 lb.-ft. TQ, and my dyno was a bit low compared with a few other PROcede 335i's...some have dyno'd at ~330WHP.

btw -- from Shiv's dynos of PROcede v2.0, this upgraded s/w should net us PROcede 335i's with approx. 410-425BHP with TQ remaining the same or a bit higher!!!!! :rocks:
__________________

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
sflgator is offline  
0
      08-31-2007, 07:52 PM   #110
T Bone
Brigadier General
 
T Bone's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The land where we kill baby seals

Posts: 4,021
iTrader: (0)

What's with all the hostility??

If you guys really want to see who is faster arrange for a place to race (i.e. racetrack) and let it hang out.

Put a reasonable wager on it......

Ward do you want to propose a wager?


See: http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/sho...d.php?t=102691
__________________
"Aerodynamics are for people who cannot build engines"......Enzo Ferrari
T Bone is offline  
0
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:02 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST