BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....
 
MaxcySpeed & Company
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-08-2013, 12:08 AM   #617
1MOREMOD
2014 Track Days - 3|Ridge 1:54:61|Pacific 1:37:36
 
1MOREMOD's Avatar
 
Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

Posts: 10,801
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00tw00t View Post
man you're really going all out on these track days..
you arent kidding every weekend it seems. my wife is going so she gets to see me.
__________________

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings & bearings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW race|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge race pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|ST-40|SR34|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|Apex studs|
1MOREMOD is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-08-2013, 12:25 AM   #618
Asbjorn
Lieutenant
 
Asbjorn's Avatar
 
Drives: ESS twin-turbo roadster (E89)
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: European in China

Posts: 497
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullbussa View Post
Without question, the two cars that were the most exciting, the most tossable for me to drive were the Evo 8 and the GT-R - both AWD cars. When I turn the wheel I want to feel the car respond immediately but predictably. To me, this quality defines fun.
By tossable and exciting, do you mean that you think it is easy to control the GT-R on oversteer? And if so, do you consider yourself just an average driver?

Or perhaps "exciting/tossable" means no under/over-steer but high G-forces to you? I mean, we might define these words differently. I am interested in knowing.
__________________
Little known facts about BMW: 1) The N54 is still in production and used in the current Z4 35i and 35is. 2) In a Z4 you can get sport+ steering combined with normal suspension etc by selecting DSC=off. 3) All Z4s with 19" wheels are still only offered with the worst performing OEM tires ever sold with a DCT equipped BMW (Potenza RE 050 RFT).
Asbjorn is offline   China
0
Reply With Quote
      02-08-2013, 03:22 PM   #619
GIdriver
Major
 
GIdriver's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SG/FR E90 M3 DCT
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Somewhere in Time

Posts: 1,337
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjd15 View Post
Girl: what do you drive?
You: BMW
Girl: wow, nice car. Btw, can we hang out tonight?

After you trade your car in and buy a GTR
Girl: what do you drive?
You: Nissan
Girl: oh, my mom drives Nissan too. Oh I'm in hurry, see you next time.
__________________
Akrapovic Evolution with Carbon Fiber tips | ESS Akra Evo tune V2 | Dinan Pulley | iND Cosmetic Package (Color Matched Front Grilles/Reflectors/Side Gills) in Space Gray | LUX H8 Angel Eyes

GIdriver is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-09-2013, 03:37 PM   #620
991GT3
Captain
 
991GT3's Avatar
 
Drives: Cayenne Turbo
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: North Dakota

Posts: 732
iTrader: (0)

^^^Why do people find that sentiment amusing? Its just stupid.
__________________
-2011 Cayenne Turbo
-2012 Cayenne Turbo
-2013 VelociRaptor 600
991GT3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-09-2013, 04:37 PM   #621
klammer
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 11 spc gry m3 e90, 07 X5
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: chicago

Posts: 3,184
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 997GT3
^^^Why do people find that sentiment amusing? Its just stupid.
[u2b]8DYje57V_BY&sns[/u2b]
__________________
mods: akra evo, dinan 3.45 diff, ess akra tune, dinan stg.3, Alcon bbk, HRE P40
klammer is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-11-2013, 09:37 AM   #622
UnaBomber
Second Lieutenant
 
UnaBomber's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 X5, 2010 GTR
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bluffton, SC

Posts: 220
iTrader: (0)

lol at needing a BMW to get pussy
__________________
2010 Nissan GTR,TopSpeed Motorsports 4 Liter Alpha12
Motec, JRZs, HREs, Alcon SuperKit, Carbon Errything,etc
9.01@164 - 1357whp 1040tq Road Race Prepped Monster
UnaBomber is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-11-2013, 05:48 PM   #623
DevJ
Colonel
 
DevJ's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 Cayman S & IS350
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tulsa, OK

Posts: 2,695
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnaBomber View Post
lol at needing a BMW to get pussy
agreed lol..these guys are looking for the wrong kind of girl..

also every girl that sees my m3 thinks its a 25k 3-series. M3 doesn't really impress girls that much..
__________________
E92 M3. SOLD
New: '14 Cayman S PDK
Incoming: GT-R Black Edition
DevJ is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-11-2013, 07:55 PM   #624
klammer
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 11 spc gry m3 e90, 07 X5
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: chicago

Posts: 3,184
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnaBomber View Post
lol at needing a BMW to get pussy
agreed lol..these guys are looking for the wrong kind of girl..

also every girl that sees my m3 thinks its a 25k 3-series. M3 doesn't really impress girls that much..
Yeah you're right. Most girls could care less about material possessions
And my wife gets hit on all the time driving the M, just waiting for that right girl to complete the trifecta
__________________
mods: akra evo, dinan 3.45 diff, ess akra tune, dinan stg.3, Alcon bbk, HRE P40
klammer is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-11-2013, 08:22 PM   #625
UnaBomber
Second Lieutenant
 
UnaBomber's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 X5, 2010 GTR
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bluffton, SC

Posts: 220
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by klammer View Post
Yeah you're right. Most girls could care less about material possessions
And my wife gets hit on all the time driving the M, just waiting for that right girl to complete the trifecta
You she see the attention my blonde wife gets driving my gtr around

__________________
2010 Nissan GTR,TopSpeed Motorsports 4 Liter Alpha12
Motec, JRZs, HREs, Alcon SuperKit, Carbon Errything,etc
9.01@164 - 1357whp 1040tq Road Race Prepped Monster
UnaBomber is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-12-2013, 04:32 AM   #626
Elldon
Private
 
Drives: M3 E90 Jerez Black
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Czech Republic

Posts: 50
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2010 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
Just saw this thread, went through the first page when I noticed 29 left :O - w00tw00t, can you some up those 626 replies and 30000 views to me? :-) I see in you sig that you went for the GTR after all but switched back to M3? Why? :-)
Elldon is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-12-2013, 05:36 AM   #627
991GT3
Captain
 
991GT3's Avatar
 
Drives: Cayenne Turbo
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: North Dakota

Posts: 732
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by klammer View Post
Yeah you're right. Most girls could care less about material possessions
And my wife gets hit on all the time driving the M, just waiting for that right girl to complete the trifecta
I don't know what is more absurd: people that buy cars to get laid or people that want people based on the car they're driving? Both are really shallow.
__________________
-2011 Cayenne Turbo
-2012 Cayenne Turbo
-2013 VelociRaptor 600
991GT3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-12-2013, 09:23 AM   #628
w00tw00t
Lieutenant Colonel
 
w00tw00t's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Z06 & 2013 E92 M3 AW
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Seattle

Posts: 1,553
iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elldon View Post
Just saw this thread, went through the first page when I noticed 29 left :O - w00tw00t, can you some up those 626 replies and 30000 views to me? :-) I see in you sig that you went for the GTR after all but switched back to M3? Why? :-)
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=596
w00tw00t is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-12-2013, 10:43 AM   #629
Optherion
Lieutenant
 
Optherion's Avatar
 
Drives: Prancing Horse
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: SoCal & Vegas

Posts: 470
iTrader: (0)

Someone once asked me when they were looking at the Carrera GT and the GT-R and said to me: "Gosh man you must have so many chicks talking to you at lights and getting so much attention. I bet you pull chicks left and right when you pull up somewhere in this thing!"

To be honest, I am sick of the attention. I would never use a car to pull a girl. My 335 believe it or not pulled more tail than any car I have owned, mostly because it was a car they all wanted and went gaga over cause the leather or class LMAO. I couldnt figure it out but it was labled as being "so darn cute."

Best attention you will ever get in the GT-R? Meeting other awesome GT-R owners. YUP I have made more guy friends in the last 2 years than I thought possible. They have some awesome meetups with some true car enthusiasts.
__________________
Current Stable: Some Audi with a V10, Couple of BMW's, one F Car, and one P car. One lonely GT-R with all the Euros.
Optherion is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-12-2013, 01:45 PM   #630
Elldon
Private
 
Drives: M3 E90 Jerez Black
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Czech Republic

Posts: 50
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2010 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by w00tw00t View Post
Thanks, seems like you still had fun :-) I'm a bit surprised though that you would recommend GTR for a street use. I don't know why, but to me this car looks like it is begging to be tracked and suffers on the streets (as does the driver). I would expect Nissan to prepare it more for track use, but from what you are saying it seems like one has to invest $ first for the car to be trackable...
Elldon is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-12-2013, 02:06 PM   #631
w00tw00t
Lieutenant Colonel
 
w00tw00t's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Z06 & 2013 E92 M3 AW
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Seattle

Posts: 1,553
iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optherion View Post
Someone once asked me when they were looking at the Carrera GT and the GT-R and said to me: "Gosh man you must have so many chicks talking to you at lights and getting so much attention. I bet you pull chicks left and right when you pull up somewhere in this thing!"

To be honest, I am sick of the attention. I would never use a car to pull a girl. My 335 believe it or not pulled more tail than any car I have owned, mostly because it was a car they all wanted and went gaga over cause the leather or class LMAO. I couldnt figure it out but it was labled as being "so darn cute."

Best attention you will ever get in the GT-R? Meeting other awesome GT-R owners. YUP I have made more guy friends in the last 2 years than I thought possible. They have some awesome meetups with some true car enthusiasts.
yes GTR does cause full on cases of bro-mances!
w00tw00t is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-12-2013, 02:08 PM   #632
w00tw00t
Lieutenant Colonel
 
w00tw00t's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Z06 & 2013 E92 M3 AW
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Seattle

Posts: 1,553
iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elldon View Post
Thanks, seems like you still had fun :-) I'm a bit surprised though that you would recommend GTR for a street use. I don't know why, but to me this car looks like it is begging to be tracked and suffers on the streets (as does the driver). I would expect Nissan to prepare it more for track use, but from what you are saying it seems like one has to invest $ first for the car to be trackable...
what I meant there was that on the street the GTR is like a kung fu master.. the quiet and silent but deadly killer .. a nuclear bomb.. ... I felt like I was on the top of the pyramid... on a freeway I could quietly cruise .. but in a blink, drop the hammer and take off... it was a great feeling ... I had a meisterschaft exhaust and a mid pipe so it was loud and noisy but I didn't mind it.. I used to DD it to office and back all the time..

on the track .. it just needs a tranny cooler and better rotors and its golden.. but then it was hard (impossible for me) to find the limits..
w00tw00t is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-12-2013, 02:16 PM   #633
UnaBomber
Second Lieutenant
 
UnaBomber's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 X5, 2010 GTR
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bluffton, SC

Posts: 220
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00tw00t View Post
what I meant there was that on the street the GTR is like a kung fu master.. the quiet and silent but deadly killer .. a nuclear bomb.. ... I felt like I was on the top of the pyramid... on a freeway I could quietly cruise .. but in a blink, drop the hammer and take off... it was a great feeling ... I had a meisterschaft exhaust and a mid pipe so it was loud and noisy but I didn't mind it.. I used to DD it to office and back all the time..

on the track .. it just needs a tranny cooler and better rotors and its golden.. but then it was hard (impossible for me) to find the limits..
and a set of tires. The runflats were miserable on track for me
__________________
2010 Nissan GTR,TopSpeed Motorsports 4 Liter Alpha12
Motec, JRZs, HREs, Alcon SuperKit, Carbon Errything,etc
9.01@164 - 1357whp 1040tq Road Race Prepped Monster
UnaBomber is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-19-2013, 11:57 PM   #634
fitzrx7
New Member
 
Drives: '11 E92 M3... sold :-(
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Omaha

Posts: 12
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by klammer View Post
Yeah you're right. Most girls could care less about material possessions
And my wife gets hit on all the time driving the M, just waiting for that right girl to complete the trifecta
The only thing worse for picking up girls is my '93 RX-7, but I sure got plenty of guys drooling over it

Now if you want to complete the trifecta...get a Harley or sportbike!

Back on topic, I can see how the GTR would have that explosive effect, however nothing I ever drove compared to the feedback of my M on the track. It just was so easy to drive at the limit...with no artificial string/computers/gimmicks. I'm not a fan of active differentials, AWD on the track, stability control, it just gets in the way of feeling the road.
fitzrx7 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-20-2013, 12:50 AM   #635
Blackopsm3
New Member
 
Drives: E92
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Maryland

Posts: 13
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwjd15
Girl: what do you drive?
You: BMW
Girl: wow, nice car. Btw, can we hang out tonight?

After you trade your car in and buy a GTR
Girl: what do you drive?
You: Nissan
Girl: oh, my mom drives Nissan too. Oh I'm in hurry, see you next time.
Hahahahahah Never get better then this u said it perfect ...loading..............
Blackopsm3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2013, 11:47 AM   #636
M3 Gamer
New Member
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: LA

Posts: 15
iTrader: (0)

I seriously want the GTR and every GTR I see I wanna race if I'm in the M3. I saw one yesterday, but I was at a red light and it went away so I missed the chance to play around with a GTR. I saw one recently by on office buliding, probably someone doing well owned it.

But seriously what's with some of these people thinking GTR is inferior because it's a Nissan and M3 is a BMW? I'm sure the GTR will beat the M3 any day because those things are monsters. Plus GTR is more expensive than M3 so if money is the only concern I'm sure most GTR owner are well to do people who don't need a BMW to define who they are. I've been side by side with one on the freeway and that thing ROARS.

And to whoever talked about BMW is better for picking up chicks, you guys are total tools for getting an M3 for the status. Just to let you know, the Ford Mustang GT was able to keep up with me at a stoplight race so your M3s can be beat by cheaper cars.

I'm sure girls will love the GTR and it would be a more exciting ride than an M3. If the girl sees the GTR and doesn't realize the car is more impressive than most BMWs, then she's probably a super shallow bitch who can't tell a GTR is an expensive car.
M3 Gamer is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2013, 12:34 PM   #637
UnaBomber
Second Lieutenant
 
UnaBomber's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 X5, 2010 GTR
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bluffton, SC

Posts: 220
iTrader: (0)

friend making a pull in my car. this is pump 93 and my road race tune

__________________
2010 Nissan GTR,TopSpeed Motorsports 4 Liter Alpha12
Motec, JRZs, HREs, Alcon SuperKit, Carbon Errything,etc
9.01@164 - 1357whp 1040tq Road Race Prepped Monster
UnaBomber is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-12-2013, 01:29 PM   #638
konaforever
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2009 Red GTR
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Boston, MA

Posts: 234
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Gamer View Post
I seriously want the GTR and every GTR I see I wanna race if I'm in the M3. I saw one yesterday, but I was at a red light and it went away so I missed the chance to play around with a GTR. I saw one recently by on office buliding, probably someone doing well owned it.

But seriously what's with some of these people thinking GTR is inferior because it's a Nissan and M3 is a BMW? I'm sure the GTR will beat the M3 any day because those things are monsters. Plus GTR is more expensive than M3 so if money is the only concern I'm sure most GTR owner are well to do people who don't need a BMW to define who they are. I've been side by side with one on the freeway and that thing ROARS.

And to whoever talked about BMW is better for picking up chicks, you guys are total tools for getting an M3 for the status. Just to let you know, the Ford Mustang GT was able to keep up with me at a stoplight race so your M3s can be beat by cheaper cars.

I'm sure girls will love the GTR and it would be a more exciting ride than an M3. If the girl sees the GTR and doesn't realize the car is more impressive than most BMWs, then she's probably a super shallow bitch who can't tell a GTR is an expensive car.
konaforever is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:19 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST