BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Closed Thread

08-28-2007, 11:54 AM   #23
spacedogg
Colonel

Drives: Debadged

Quote:
Originally Posted by gum5h03 View Post
I think the OP should go back to the United States of Canada and bitch about something else. Just remember the only reason we haven't invaded Canada is because there's NOTHING there!
Whoa...you gotta lay off the haterade there buddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dammmittt View Post
Mods need to move this to the politics thread. I'm here to discuss cars anyway.
+1. Or delete this thread.
spacedogg is offline   Canada
      08-28-2007, 12:01 PM   #24
dr335is
Brigadier General

Drives: GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dammmittt View Post
Yes, we were a huge superpower in 18th century...as far as the average Iraqi midset. I'd rather you serve your country and find out for yourself.

Mods need to move this to the politics thread. I'm here to discuss cars anyway.
Serve...
There are many ways to do that...
Anyway -- serving the military is described as protecting your country and serfing the force that is a part of Department of DEFENSE...

I don't see anything that matches the description in last 4 years...
      08-28-2007, 02:49 PM   #25
gum5h03
Galactic Emperor

Drives: Fast

Quote:
=spacedogg;1333801]Whoa...you gotta lay off the haterade there buddy.
No hatred, just satire.
      08-29-2007, 02:09 AM   #26
ik999
Lieutenant

Drives: monacoblau e90 335i

Quote:
I think the OP should go back to the United States of Canada and bitch about something else. Just remember the only reason we haven't invaded Canada is because there's NOTHING there!
Canada has the 2nd largest Oil reserves in the world, on top of many other valuable resources like zinc, uranium, gold, nickel and lead.

We are also the USA's largest trading partner, manufacturing many of your cars and car parts.

Plus, we have a better HDI than the USA. And we have socialized health care.
ik999 is offline   Canada
      08-29-2007, 02:37 AM   #27
spacedogg
Colonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ik999 View Post
Canada has the 2nd largest Oil reserves in the world, on top of many other valuable resources like zinc, uranium, gold, nickel and lead.

We are also the USA's largest trading partner, manufacturing many of your cars and car parts.

Oh f*ck. Now you just had to go tell him....we were supposed to keep this on the down low. Now they're gonna probably invade us next week.

Ever watch Canadian Bacon?

Hmmmm.....bacon.
      08-29-2007, 03:10 AM   #28
gum5h03
Galactic Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ik999 View Post

Well I wouldn't call Socialized health care any sort of asset. In fact, I wouldn't be bragging about your health standards at all. Maybe I'll talk to King George the next time he's in town and convince him that Canadia is hiding weapons of very little destruction. That ought to do it. Plus he can win some points with the environmentalists if he invades Canada and adds a whole bunch of native growth forest to the United States National Forest. And we all know Canada wouldn't put up much of a fight if the US went in. Canada is a bit like France. All big and tough when it hides behind it's allies, but when it stands alone it folds like a drunk hooker with 3 inch heels.

Personally I blame Canada for everything that's wrong with this country. It's much easier that way. Cartman had it right.
      08-29-2007, 03:39 AM   #29
SKBMW
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: Bicycle

Send a message via MSN to SKBMW
Uh guys, this ain't the politics section!

A bit on topic. They are told to do this because if they do stop, there are chances of getting ambushed or attacked by hostel rpg.
      08-29-2007, 07:30 AM   #30
j|rz44
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 335i|E92

Garage List
07 335i  [0.00]
Realists
Idealists
      08-29-2007, 05:23 PM   #31
RokX
'07 E92 335i SOLD

Drives: '08 Jeep SRT8, SC'd '06 GTO

Quote:
Well I wouldn't call Socialized health care any sort of asset. In fact, I wouldn't be bragging about your health standards at all.
Exactly. And anyone who is for Socialized medicine in this country should have to deal with the VA system. It only covers a very small percentage of the population and still can't handle the load. I ordered my new wheelchair the same week as I ordered my 335i. I took delivery of my car before my wheelchair was even entered in the system.

+1 on moving or deleting this thread.
      08-29-2007, 11:02 PM   #32
Jaws
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: 2006 325i mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by RokX View Post
Exactly. And anyone who is for Socialized medicine in this country should have to deal with the VA system. It only covers a very small percentage of the population and still can't handle the load. I ordered my new wheelchair the same week as I ordered my 335i. I took delivery of my car before my wheelchair was even entered in the system.

+1 on moving or deleting this thread.
47,000,000 Americans without health care doesn't sound like a winning formula to me. Sorry for your problems dealing with your medical system, but I have nothing but good things to says about the medical care myself and my family has received over the past year, from the birth of a baby to badly braking my finger a month ago. Broke my finger on a Wednesday night, surgery on Friday morning, follow-up with the doctor on Monday, and meeting with an occupational therapist on Tuesday. The grand total including the baby was $68.75. Too bad the word "socialized" is so feared in the US, it stops a whole country from thinking. I'm not saying that our system is perfect, but it is better than yours.
Jaws is offline   Canada
      08-29-2007, 11:15 PM   #33
Jaws
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Well I wouldn't call Socialized health care any sort of asset. In fact, I wouldn't be bragging about your health standards at all. Maybe I'll talk to King George the next time he's in town and convince him that Canadia is hiding weapons of very little destruction. That ought to do it. Plus he can win some points with the environmentalists if he invades Canada and adds a whole bunch of native growth forest to the United States National Forest. And we all know Canada wouldn't put up much of a fight if the US went in. Canada is a bit like France. All big and tough when it hides behind it's allies, but when it stands alone it folds like a drunk hooker with 3 inch heels.

Personally I blame Canada for everything that's wrong with this country. It's much easier that way. Cartman had it right.
But really, what do you know about our health standards? Why is it that Canadians live longer than Americans? Feel free to continue living in your fantasy world. Your ignorance is entertaining.
Jaws is offline   Canada
      08-30-2007, 12:05 AM   #34
Ryan@Motorwerks
Captain

Drives: 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
But really, what do you know about our health standards? Why is it that Canadians live longer than Americans? Feel free to continue living in your fantasy world. Your ignorance is entertaining.
It's because we eat all these crappy foods and get really fat, nothing to do with healthcare
      08-30-2007, 12:30 AM   #35
gum5h03
Galactic Emperor

Quote:
yeah good luck with that organ transplant buddy
      08-30-2007, 12:40 AM   #36
gum5h03
Galactic Emperor

Quote:
I can't believe you want to argue this... I'm gonna do you a favor brother and enlighten you to the true facts of the crappy Canadian health care system. Enjoy the reading...

Ottawa, ON –According to an Ipsos Reid survey among the general public, a majority of Canadian adults rank a patient wait times guarantee as more important than any other of the Government’s priorities. Of the five policy promises made by the Government of Canada during the last federal election, 42% of Canadians said that “a patient wait time guarantee that would reduce wait times for key health services” was the most important to them personally. This compares to lowering taxes (19%), restoring accountability to Ottawa (14%), tackling crime (14%), and implementing a choice in childcare program (9%).

8/26/06 Worldnetdaily.com

Canada's nationalized health-care system, admired by the left all over the world and deplored by the right all over Canada, took another hit last week. The Canadian Medical Association, long its unfailing supporter, suddenly turned against it.

The CMA elected as president Dr. Brian Day, a Vancouver surgeon and one-time supporter of state medicine, who is now an outspoken critic of Canada's "Medicare" system. In fact, he runs the largest private clinic in the country, offering an array of surgical procedures to people prepared to pay for them. In doing so, he challenges the Canada Health Act, which prohibits for-profit medical practice. <.>

Long waits for medical and hospital services are the system's chief symptom of failure. The causes are many, not least a steady exodus of young Canadian doctors to the U.S. – which means, of course, that Canadians are training many doctors to work elsewhere.

6/11/05 Edmonton Sun It is a long-held myth, of course, that there is no queue-jumping in this country. Most Canadians have no special privileges when it comes to receiving care, but some do. Military personnel, the RCMP (police), prisoners and workers' compensation claimants don't fall under the medicare umbrella. So while the typical Canadian waits and waits for a diagnostic test or surgery, the members of these groups are entitled to speedy access. All of them are exempt from the Canada Health Act

6/10/05 The Globe and Mail

TORONTO -- Barbara Hogan would be dead today if she hadn't gone to a private U.S. clinic for treatment of her breast cancer

3/19/05 Associated Press

TORONTO - A letter from the Moncton Hospital to a New Brunswick heart patient in need of an electrocardiogram said the appointment would be in three months. It added: "If the person named on this computer-generated letter is deceased, please accept our sincere apologies." <.>

Another watershed lawsuit was filed last year against 12 Quebec hospitals on behalf of 10,000 breast-cancer patients in Quebec who had to wait more than eight weeks for radiation therapy during a period dating to October 1997. One woman went to Turkey for treatment. Another, Johanne Lavoie, was among several sent to the United States. Diagnosed with invasive breast cancer in 1999, she traveled every week with her 5-year-old son to Vermont, a four-hour bus ride. "It was an inhuman thing to live through," Lavoie told Toronto's Globe and Mail.

6/13/05 Investors Business Daily (great article) In one 12-month period, according to an article in the Canadian Medical Association Journal, 71 patients in Ontario died while on the waiting list for heart-bypass surgery. Another 121 lost their places in line because waiting made them too sick to survive surgery. Literally, condemned to death by waiting. <.> Canada is one of only three countries in the world to forbid its citizens to buy health care privately. The other two are North Korea and Cuba.

08-30-2007, 01:10 AM   #37
spacedogg
Colonel

Quote:
I can't believe you want to argue this... I'm gonna do you a favor brother and enlighten you to the true facts of the crappy Canadian health care system. Enjoy the reading...
gum5h03 is right...it's no secret that the Canadian health care system isn't exactly all roses either. it's just free...doesn't mean it's without fault.

having said that...we at least have the choice...we get state run healthcare...and if it really sucks...we can use private clinics here or run across the border.
      08-30-2007, 09:44 AM   #38
dr335is
Brigadier General

Quote:

Ottawa, ON –According to an Ipsos Reid survey among the general public, a majority of Canadian adults rank a patient wait times guarantee as more important than any other of the Government’s priorities. Of the five policy promises made by the Government of Canada during the last federal election, 42% of Canadians said that “a patient wait time guarantee that would reduce wait times for key health services” was the most important to them personally. This compares to lowering taxes (19%), restoring accountability to Ottawa (14%), tackling crime (14%), and implementing a choice in childcare program (9%).

Canada's nationalized health-care system, admired by the left all over the world and deplored by the right all over Canada, took another hit last week. The Canadian Medical Association, long its unfailing supporter, suddenly turned against it.

The CMA elected as president Dr. Brian Day, a Vancouver surgeon and one-time supporter of state medicine, who is now an outspoken critic of Canada's "Medicare" system. In fact, he runs the largest private clinic in the country, offering an array of surgical procedures to people prepared to pay for them. In doing so, he challenges the Canada Health Act, which prohibits for-profit medical practice. <.>

Long waits for medical and hospital services are the system's chief symptom of failure. The causes are many, not least a steady exodus of young Canadian doctors to the U.S. – which means, of course, that Canadians are training many doctors to work elsewhere.

6/11/05 Edmonton Sun It is a long-held myth, of course, that there is no queue-jumping in this country. Most Canadians have no special privileges when it comes to receiving care, but some do. Military personnel, the RCMP (police), prisoners and workers' compensation claimants don't fall under the medicare umbrella. So while the typical Canadian waits and waits for a diagnostic test or surgery, the members of these groups are entitled to speedy access. All of them are exempt from the Canada Health Act

TORONTO -- Barbara Hogan would be dead today if she hadn't gone to a private U.S. clinic for treatment of her breast cancer

3/19/05 Associated Press

TORONTO - A letter from the Moncton Hospital to a New Brunswick heart patient in need of an electrocardiogram said the appointment would be in three months. It added: "If the person named on this computer-generated letter is deceased, please accept our sincere apologies." <.>

Another watershed lawsuit was filed last year against 12 Quebec hospitals on behalf of 10,000 breast-cancer patients in Quebec who had to wait more than eight weeks for radiation therapy during a period dating to October 1997. One woman went to Turkey for treatment. Another, Johanne Lavoie, was among several sent to the United States. Diagnosed with invasive breast cancer in 1999, she traveled every week with her 5-year-old son to Vermont, a four-hour bus ride. "It was an inhuman thing to live through," Lavoie told Toronto's Globe and Mail.

6/13/05 Investors Business Daily (great article) In one 12-month period, according to an article in the Canadian Medical Association Journal, 71 patients in Ontario died while on the waiting list for heart-bypass surgery. Another 121 lost their places in line because waiting made them too sick to survive surgery. Literally, condemned to death by waiting. <.> Canada is one of only three countries in the world to forbid its citizens to buy health care privately. The other two are North Korea and Cuba.

That little chart on the bottom is a BIG pile of crap.
In Canada, that is the percentage if waiting for a completely free surgery. Research a little bit on the HMO wait times and approvals in our great system (comparable to Canadian FREE med).

Next, pull out the comparo of UNINSURED US person (lost the job or so) vs. ANY canadian person...

Compare apples to apples next time...

The bottom line is that the US has THE WORST health system of ANY industrialized country in the world, and that is shame and current admin did nothing to even address it...
      08-30-2007, 11:06 AM   #39
Jaws
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:

3/19/05 Associated Press

Thanks for the "enlightenment" brother. Way to cherry pick these articles. Again, I said that our system (whatever that means) was not perfect and wait times for some procedures in some areas is too long. That being said, I do believe that our system is superior to the US system. FWIW, there is no such thing as a the "Canadian sytem". Health care is the under the jurisdiction of the provinces, but they must follow the Canada health act. Within each province, the regional health authorities run their own show. As such, there is variation in the quality of care people in various regions receive, just like in the US.
Jaws is offline   Canada
      08-30-2007, 12:51 PM   #40
gum5h03
Galactic Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
That little chart on the bottom is a BIG pile of crap.
In Canada, that is the percentage if waiting for a completely free surgery. Research a little bit on the HMO wait times and approvals in our great system (comparable to Canadian FREE med).

Next, pull out the comparo of UNINSURED US person (lost the job or so) vs. ANY canadian person...

Compare apples to apples next time...

The bottom line is that the US has THE WORST health system of ANY industrialized country in the world, and that is shame and current admin did nothing to even address it...
If you think the US health care system is so lousy why don't you move somewhere else. I'm sure nobody will mind. Since when was it written into the Constitution that heath care is included?
      08-30-2007, 01:35 PM   #41
335soldier

Drives: black on black E92

yeah, i am in iraq right now and let me give you a little insight...
when we're driving baghdad and insurgents send machinegun fire, rpg's and ied's my way (sometimes all at the same time)... i begin to honk and push in our 'uparmored' humvee mostly because i dont want to die. i've seen it all too often when just being a sitting duck. its not because i am an obnoxious, ignorant, american occupier with no sensitivity or compassion... the enemy is smart and knows how to hit you when you dont expect it, so to i try to get from point a to b as quick as possible if need be, honking and pushing with regard to not killing the innocent.
and the big thing.... i do wonder about my healthcare if one of those rockets does hit.
335soldier is offline   United_States
      08-30-2007, 01:54 PM   #42
gum5h03
Galactic Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335soldier View Post
yeah, i am in iraq right now and let me give you a little insight...
when we're driving baghdad and insurgents send machinegun fire, rpg's and ied's my way (sometimes all at the same time)... i begin to honk and push in our 'uparmored' humvee mostly because i dont want to die. i've seen it all too often when just being a sitting duck. its not because i am an obnoxious, ignorant, american occupier with no sensitivity or compassion... the enemy is smart and knows how to hit you when you dont expect it, so to i try to get from point a to b as quick as possible if need be, honking and pushing with regard to not killing the innocent.
and the big thing.... i do wonder about my healthcare if one of those rockets does hit.
Puts things into perspective doesn't it. We're complaining about healthcare or lack of here, and we have boyz over in the sandy armpit of the world fighting dying so we can sit here and bitch about things.

Hooah soldier ...keep kicking ass and keep your ass down
      08-30-2007, 06:43 PM   #43
enfield
Civilian

Drives: Range Rover Sport Supercharged

Quote:
Puts things into perspective doesn't it. We're complaining about healthcare or lack of here, and we have boyz over in the sandy armpit of the world fighting dying so we can sit here and bitch about things.

Hooah soldier ...keep kicking ass and keep your ass down
Again - this comes across as racist. The "sandy armpit" did not ask for an invasion.

What was it? Weapons of Mass Distraction or was it Destruction?
enfield is offline   Canada
      08-30-2007, 07:18 PM   #44
dr335is
Brigadier General

Quote:
If you think the US health care system is so lousy why don't you move somewhere else. I'm sure nobody will mind. Since when was it written into the Constitution that heath care is included?
Please, stop proving how DUMB your way of thinking is...with ignorant comments like that!

If you can't think of something smart to wrte, don't write. And if you think that our health system is great ask someone who just lost their job, or who's serving tables for living or who's not in the Army...

Anyway, pull your head out of your ass anl look around a bit and compare to the rest of the world -- there is so much out there that is better and worse than here... Healthcare is definitely not our best side
Closed Thread