BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Steve Thomas BMW

02-02-2013, 05:45 PM   #23
M3Denver
Lieutenant

Drives: 2011 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbook View Post
Maybe we should only allow white male property owners the right to vote.
RACE CARD!!! lol no depth of argument or understanding of the underlying issues just try and devolve the discussion into name calling or stereotyping. The issue isnt race, the issue unfortunately contains a large component that ends up being the racial demographic, however that doesnt make the issue black vs white vs whatever. One of the main issues is hard working, honest ppl w/. integrity that values a chance to be educated, work their way up or create a business vs lazy unmotivated ppl who want to think less, do less and just cruise to get by and have others give them what they need when they need it.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2013, 09:09 PM   #24
Andy H.
Lieutenant

Drives: 2012 535i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Denver View Post
RACE CARD!!! lol no depth of argument or understanding of the underlying issues just try and devolve the discussion into name calling or stereotyping. The issue isnt race, the issue unfortunately contains a large component that ends up being the racial demographic, however that doesnt make the issue black vs white vs whatever. One of the main issues is hard working, honest ppl w/. integrity that values a chance to be educated, work their way up or create a business vs lazy unmotivated ppl who want to think less, do less and just cruise to get by and have others give them what they need when they need it.
Very well put.

The strong and smart prosper, the weak and lazy fail.

Last edited by Andy H.; 02-03-2013 at 05:59 PM.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2013, 02:55 PM   #25
OldArmy
Lieutenant
United_States

Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si

[quote=Purple Derple;13419691]Sorry I don't agree with this. It would systematically reinforce and consolidate a ruling class and limit everyone else. I know that sounds Marxist, but you have to recognize this is the logical result of a government where only a higher class can affect said government.

It doesn't sound Marxist and I don't truly disagree with your statement but consider that 99% of our eligible voters never serve their country in any way, 50% (give or take) pay no income taxes and a surprisingly high number are basically uneducated and largely illiterate (both parties). Can my dream world qualifications for voting be any worse, really?

“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury. After that, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits with the result the democracy collapses because of the loose fiscal policy ensuing, always to be followed by a dictatorship, then a monarchy.”

― Elmer T Peterson
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2013, 06:28 PM   #26
Id
Enlisted Member

Drives: VW Golf R

Wow.

Just wow.

And people wonder why there is such huge social problems in the US.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2013, 10:19 PM   #27
T Bimmer
El Jefe
Venezuela

Drives: e92 M3, e30 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Id View Post
Wow.

Just wow.

+1
      02-03-2013, 10:25 PM   #28
Mr Tonka
Tonka.... Mr. Tonka
United_States

Drives: Exceptionally well :)

Quote:
Wow.

Just wow.

What exactly does this statement mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bimmer View Post
+1
Maybe you can explain?

"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 01:23 PM   #29
andrew777
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 135i alpine white

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP0WER View Post
What exactly does this statement mean?

Maybe you can explain?
He is Australian and drives a VW so I'm guessing he believes everybody has a right to vote just because living here they would be affected, but going by that logic in a global economy our economic policy affects people on all corners of the earth so why not just let every human alive vote? What makes an American any better than a Chinese? It is typical leftist thought.

To be honest until something is done about who can vote you cannot expect anything great to happen in the long run in this country. There is both a religious and philosophical idea that something done with your free will, and free from thoughts of how it will benefit you is the only noble and correct action. For example I think there is a passage where Jesus is asked why he doesn't perform a miracle and provide everyone with bread so they would believe and recognize him as the son of God and his reply is that then those people would not love him and believe freely, they would be doing it as slaves since they would be doing it for the bread.

In traditional political thought types of government were classified as either good or bad. This began with monarchies as good and tyrannies as bad. The idea is simple. A monarch has everything he could possibly want and should only care for his people and country. It is his duty and he will be educated and prepared for this life. Republics are considered a good form of government specifically for the reasons that not everyone has political power and a Constitution exists to limit what those in power may do. Democracies are the flip-side to republics and are considered nothing more than "tyrannies of the majority". There are no eternal morals or values in democracy. The second 51% realize they can kill, rape, steal, and cannibalize the other 49% it becomes legal and accepted. This is a disgusting form of government and is even more dangerous than a tyranny because it can fool you into believing that it is just and ethical to do what the majority wants. In a tyranny when one person is committing atrocities it is much more evident and people can easily rise against him and overthrow him.

Nowadays if I believe two men cannot be married just as a man and cow cannot be married I will be demonized for not falling within the majority. I am evil for standing on a reasonable moral ground. This means that once 51% of people decide it is fine and dandy to kill all people who drive BMW's and take their positions I will be demonized if I oppose it. This is the true nature of democracy and it demonstrates why it is an evil form of government. Why do you think both fascists and communists came to power in democracy?

Last edited by andrew777; 02-04-2013 at 01:28 PM.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 08:46 PM   #30
Id
Enlisted Member

Yeah, I really don't care for biblical references. You might as well start claiming Grimm Brothers fables as a basis for argument. Hell, why not a John Grisham novel?

I'm not a leftist. I'm not a rightist. The terms are outmoded and outdated and just show an inability to connect and comprehend a changing world. Get over your reds under the beds paranoia.

Oh, and for what it is worth. Your life, my life, is no more important than anyone elses life. Deal with it. In the scheme of things we are completely insignificant. Just being born in the US, or another first world country, does not give you some divine right. It is a quirk of fate. A good one, but not something amazing or admirable.

Oh, and the Golf is on the market, in the process of ordering a f30.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 09:38 PM   #31
Eagle1oh7
Captain
United_States

Drives: '11 328i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew777 View Post
Nowadays if I believe two men cannot be married just as a man and cow cannot be married I will be demonized for not falling within the majority. I am evil for standing on a reasonable moral ground. This means that once 51% of people decide it is fine and dandy to kill all people who drive BMW's and take their positions I will be demonized if I oppose it. This is the true nature of democracy and it demonstrates why it is an evil form of government. Why do you think both fascists and communists came to power in democracy?
Two men marrying out of love is immoral? Says who? Your "blue-eyed" Jesus? I like how you're taking a radical approach, oh and didn't you know that fascists come from the Far Right?

FUTURE MODS: Eisenmann Full Cat-back Exhaust, OETuning ECU, AA Headers, CF mirror caps, Bi-Xenon headlights, CF rooftop, CF lip
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 09:39 PM   #32
Eagle1oh7
Captain
United_States

Quote:
Yeah, I really don't care for biblical references. You might as well start claiming Grimm Brothers fables as a basis for argument. Hell, why not a John Grisham novel?

I'm not a leftist. I'm not a rightist. The terms are outmoded and outdated and just show an inability to connect and comprehend a changing world. Get over your reds under the beds paranoia.

Oh, and for what it is worth. Your life, my life, is no more important than anyone elses life. Deal with it. In the scheme of things we are completely insignificant. Just being born in the US, or another first world country, does not give you some divine right. It is a quirk of fate. A good one, but not something amazing or admirable.

Oh, and the Golf is on the market, in the process of ordering a f30.
+1

FUTURE MODS: Eisenmann Full Cat-back Exhaust, OETuning ECU, AA Headers, CF mirror caps, Bi-Xenon headlights, CF rooftop, CF lip
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 10:57 AM   #33
Andy H.
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle1oh7 View Post
Two men marrying out of love is immoral? Says who? Your "blue-eyed" Jesus? I like how you're taking a radical approach, oh and didn't you know that fascists come from the Far Right?
Disgusting and blasphemous. Further, you support love in one instance and hate immediately thereafter.

What's your purpose?
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 11:04 AM   #34
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel
Zimbabwe

Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP

Garage List
2008 E82  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog CFP View Post
Disgusting and blasphemous. Further, you support love in one instance and hate immediately thereafter.

What's your purpose?
Bulldog, do you eat shrimp?
      02-07-2013, 12:43 PM   #35
Andy H.
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbook View Post
Bulldog, do you eat shrimp?
Uhhhhhh....xbook...do you eat celery? WTF?
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 03:20 PM   #36
Eagle1oh7
Captain
United_States

Quote:
Did I say something hateful? I added some snark with the "blue-eyed" Jesus part, but certaintly not hate. Don't project onto me.

Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 06:14 PM   #37
Andy H.
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle1oh7 View Post
Did I say something hateful? I added some snark with the "blue-eyed" Jesus part, but certaintly not hate. Don't project onto me.
Typical uninformed ignorant liberal progressive playbook remarks that do not address the issues. Instead belittle and besmirch the individual in an attempt to take the attention off topic. Lame.

Show us you have something between your ears and attempt a meaningful, factual, productive, informed, thought provoking, educated response.

C'mon, Eagle1oh7, you can do it!
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 06:17 PM   #38
Id
Enlisted Member

Quote:

What's your purpose?
How is that disgusting and blasphemous?

Jesus, as a historical figure, would have looked an awful lot like those evil terrorists rather than as you or I. Simple statement of historical fact, rather than hysterical opinion.

Oh, and you might want to read Leviticus in more detail if the shrimp reference went clearly over your head. Do you wear contacts of glasses? Wear clothing of more than one fabric?
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 06:32 PM   #39
Andy H.
Lieutenant

Quote:
How is that disgusting and blasphemous?

Jesus, as a historical figure, would have looked an awful lot like those evil terrorists rather than as you or I. Simple statement of historical fact, rather than hysterical opinion.

Oh, and you might want to read Leviticus in more detail if the shrimp reference went clearly over your head. Do you wear contacts of glasses? Wear clothing of more than one fabric?
Typical uninformed ignorant liberal progressive playbook remarks that do not address the issues. Instead belittle and besmirch the individual in an attempt to take the attention off topic. Lame.

Show us you have something between your ears and attempt a meaningful, factual, productive, informed, thought provoking, educated response.

C'mon, Id, you can do it!

BTW, start another topic/thread if you want to talk/quote scripture.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 06:36 PM   #40
Id
Enlisted Member

Bring up some issues to be addressed then. What am I responding to? You claim something is blasphemous. How about your provide some actual discussion as to what you fins blasphemous, because there is a couple of us who cannot see a single thing that would meet that definition.

So, come on. What is blasphemous, how is it blasphemous?
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 07:51 PM   #41
Eagle1oh7
Captain
United_States

Quote:

C'mon, Eagle1oh7, you can do it!
See, funny thing is you claim it's blasphemous as per your faith, I on the other hand don't maintain that it is blasphemous I refuse to believe that an all-powerful being would concern himself with the commitment two men or two women make to themselves. Apparently chastising a group of people who don't mean harm to you is okay so you hide behind archaic texts to deny them their rights and as a result your hatred(or dislike) of liberals and progressives. Liberals and Progressives challenge the status quo for a reason concerning social issues because America wasn't founded by maintaining the status quo.

There was nothing ignorant about my post, I am well versed in the Bible since I've read it for pre-marital counseling and I used to be a practicing Catholic before I decided to throw all religion out of my life. According to you and others, religious freedom involves cramming it down every one's throats. You hide behind the Bible and talk about how Jesus is so great, but go ahead and wish to deprive the have-nots of any assistance that they may need. Also according to the other guy whom you seem to agree with, the have-nots should not have any say in the matter of democratic elections, that King George you conservatives decry that is creeping on your doorsteps to take your rights is what you seem to invoke by essentially turning the have-nots into peasants and serfs. You may as well burn the Constitution and the flag your wrap around yourself since you clearly don't believe all men are created equal under god.

Progressives and Libs are not going to take your guns and your bibles, you can still keep them, and by extension they won't take your BMW or murder you for driving one. Why would they? They're pretty clean, fuel efficient vehicles, they might kill Hummer drivers though LOL.

Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 08:14 PM   #42
OldArmy
Lieutenant
United_States

Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si

I'd love to run a critical path analysis of this thread and how it moved from wherever it started to the confused interweb slap fight it is now.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2013, 08:48 PM   #43
Andy H.
Lieutenant

No kidding.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 01:23 AM   #44
Id
Enlisted Member

Quote: