BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
 
Lux Angel Eyes
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-06-2013, 06:03 PM   #23
NAV8TT
Major
 
NAV8TT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ///M3 E92 DCT ZCP
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The greatest country in the world

Posts: 880
iTrader: (0)

I'd go for an M3, the only thing I miss about the F30 is the HUD
__________________
NAV8TT is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-06-2013, 11:58 PM   #24
BayMoWe335
Major
 
Drives: 2010 E92 335i 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: US

Posts: 1,387
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by badazzm View Post
That's because maybe you are an accountant? Most of the common people have little to no idea when it comes to tax time.
Finance. Everyone should be smarter about money. Honestly, most are just complete idiots and what makes them an idiot is that they think they are smart and what they do is right.
BayMoWe335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-07-2013, 01:24 AM   #25
badazzm
Lieutenant
 
badazzm's Avatar
 
Drives: RRS GT2
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Jose, CA

Posts: 543
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayMoWe335 View Post
Finance. Everyone should be smarter about money. Honestly, most are just complete idiots and what makes them an idiot is that they think they are smart and what they do is right.
Ok smart guy. I am CPA. Was talking about regular people.
badazzm is offline   India
0
Reply With Quote
      02-07-2013, 09:18 AM   #26
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Templar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: One of the coasts...

Posts: 1,816
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Question for you CPA's and smart tax folks. I'm active duty Army, so I feel that I have little to no control over my income. Is it even possible for me to adjust my withholding so that I do not get a refund and do not owe anything come tax time? I don't know of any method I could use to do so in the military... I usually always get a refund. Depending on deployed time, it can be a lot or not so much, but I don't remember a year since I started filing taxes that I haven't gotten a refund.
__________________
'11 BMW E92 ///M3 - ZCP and DCT
'13 Toyota Tundra - 4x4 Platinum CrewMax, 5.7l iForce V8
Templar is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-07-2013, 12:41 PM   #27
Joekerr
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto, ON

Posts: 310
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
Question for you CPA's and smart tax folks. I'm active duty Army, so I feel that I have little to no control over my income. Is it even possible for me to adjust my withholding so that I do not get a refund and do not owe anything come tax time? I don't know of any method I could use to do so in the military... I usually always get a refund. Depending on deployed time, it can be a lot or not so much, but I don't remember a year since I started filing taxes that I haven't gotten a refund.
Honestly I think its more of a question for the Army / HR within the army. While a CPA could help you calculate what should be withheld, we can't change the amount the Army withholds, that's up to them. All you could do is basically take it in to them and ask to reduce withholdings based on prior years and calculations.

Do you donate to charity and other things - is that what is driving the refund? Because they can't predict (nor will they) that.
Joekerr is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-07-2013, 01:26 PM   #28
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Templar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: One of the coasts...

Posts: 1,816
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Honestly I think its more of a question for the Army / HR within the army. While a CPA could help you calculate what should be withheld, we can't change the amount the Army withholds, that's up to them. All you could do is basically take it in to them and ask to reduce withholdings based on prior years and calculations.

Do you donate to charity and other things - is that what is driving the refund? Because they can't predict (nor will they) that.
I have on and off, but even in the years where I didn't donate, I still got a refund, just not quite as much.

You do give a good point, and I figured going to my HR and Finance folks would be the best course of action, but thought I'd ask in case anyone had any experience. Thanks!
__________________
'11 BMW E92 ///M3 - ZCP and DCT
'13 Toyota Tundra - 4x4 Platinum CrewMax, 5.7l iForce V8
Templar is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-07-2013, 03:56 PM   #29
smyles
Private First Class
 
Drives: X5
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: DC

Posts: 184
iTrader: (0)

Is there a W4 form or its equivalent in the military? Just change the deductions, or add a fixed amount (your typical refund divided by # of pay periods, I assume 26) on top of it.
smyles is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-07-2013, 08:18 PM   #30
badazzm
Lieutenant
 
badazzm's Avatar
 
Drives: RRS GT2
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Jose, CA

Posts: 543
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
Question for you CPA's and smart tax folks. I'm active duty Army, so I feel that I have little to no control over my income. Is it even possible for me to adjust my withholding so that I do not get a refund and do not owe anything come tax time? I don't know of any method I could use to do so in the military... I usually always get a refund. Depending on deployed time, it can be a lot or not so much, but I don't remember a year since I started filing taxes that I haven't gotten a refund.
Sorry bro. Got no military clients so I have no idea if military even has a W-4. To get the perfect paycheck though, you need to figure out your tax for the year (dinkytown.com has a nice web tool) and divide it by # of paychecks you get. Then go to paycheckcity.com. Put your income in and keep increasing the federal deductions until you reach the amount you got earlier. For state, do the same. GL!

Last edited by badazzm; 02-07-2013 at 08:24 PM.
badazzm is offline   India
0
Reply With Quote
      02-07-2013, 08:37 PM   #31
BayMoWe335
Major
 
Drives: 2010 E92 335i 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: US

Posts: 1,387
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by badazzm View Post
Ok smart guy. I am CPA. Was talking about regular people.
Touchy? I wasn't even talking about you. In general, what I said is true and you should know what I mean if you're really a CPA.
BayMoWe335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-07-2013, 10:13 PM   #32
badazzm
Lieutenant
 
badazzm's Avatar
 
Drives: RRS GT2
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Jose, CA

Posts: 543
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayMoWe335 View Post
Touchy? I wasn't even talking about you. In general, what I said is true and you should know what I mean if you're really a CPA.
I know you are not talking about me. But the way you said it to OP about having no idea about the amount of refund he will get was stupid. I do taxes for people who make 7 figures for living. Even they have no idea what the number will be. OP is happy to get his car after he gets the refund and you come in telling him he is an idiot for not having any idea what his refund will be. Very classy.
badazzm is offline   India
0
Reply With Quote
      02-07-2013, 11:07 PM   #33
BayMoWe335
Major
 
Drives: 2010 E92 335i 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: US

Posts: 1,387
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by badazzm View Post
I know you are not talking about me. But the way you said it to OP about having no idea about the amount of refund he will get was stupid. I do taxes for people who make 7 figures for living. Even they have no idea what the number will be. OP is happy to get his car after he gets the refund and you come in telling him he is an idiot for not having any idea what his refund will be. Very classy.
Rich doesn't mean smart.
BayMoWe335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-08-2013, 01:46 AM   #34
badazzm
Lieutenant
 
badazzm's Avatar
 
Drives: RRS GT2
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Jose, CA

Posts: 543
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayMoWe335 View Post
Rich doesn't mean smart.
Haha. U crack me up man. There is a reason they are rich and we are not.

Last edited by badazzm; 02-08-2013 at 02:04 AM.
badazzm is offline   India
0
Reply With Quote
      02-08-2013, 08:20 AM   #35
Mr Tonka
Tonka.... Mr. Tonka
 
Drives: Exceptionally well :)
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Tampa, FL

Posts: 1,164
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by badazzm View Post
Haha. U crack me up man. There is a reason they are rich and we are not.
No shit. Wealthy people think differently. Worrying about taxes doesn't make them money. They pay someone for that. The more they think and worry about taxes the less time is spent making money. You would think someone in finance would know that, even give that as advice many times.....
__________________
-Joe


"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat
Mr Tonka is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-08-2013, 01:41 PM   #36
badazzm
Lieutenant
 
badazzm's Avatar
 
Drives: RRS GT2
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Jose, CA

Posts: 543
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP0WER View Post
No shit. Wealthy people think differently. Worrying about taxes doesn't make them money. They pay someone for that. The more they think and worry about taxes the less time is spent making money. You would think someone in finance would know that, even give that as advice many times.....
You would be surprised how much they worry about their taxes. That's the only thing they worry about actually.
badazzm is offline   India
0
Reply With Quote
      02-08-2013, 02:29 PM   #37
Red Bread
Brigadier General
 
Drives: My wife's car
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 4,222
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by badazzm View Post
You would be surprised how much they worry about their taxes. That's the only thing they worry about actually.
In that case, try taking their money, they won't even notice.
Red Bread is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-08-2013, 03:01 PM   #38
badazzm
Lieutenant
 
badazzm's Avatar
 
Drives: RRS GT2
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Jose, CA

Posts: 543
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
In that case, try taking their money, they won't even notice.
They pay me enough already hoping to bring their taxes down! More would be ripping them off. Which is one thing we CPA's don't do, if you can believe that. Lol!
badazzm is offline   India
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:07 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST