BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews
 
BPM Sport
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-02-2013, 01:34 PM   #1
blackmars
FengShuiMaster
United_States
4
Rep
126
Posts

 
Drives: 13 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Philadelphia

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Track my M3 delivery

just got the notice from SA that my car is en-route to NJ. i was tracking the cargo ship, found the cruising path seems to be strange, going into circles. Any idea why?

__________________
13 M3 Coupe/ZCP/ZMT/PDC
14 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Freedom Edition

Appreciate 0
      02-02-2013, 02:14 PM   #2
zeeman335
Lieutenant
zeeman335's Avatar
13
Rep
507
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 M3
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Massachusetts

iTrader: (2)

Maybe the ship is avoiding some pirates who are trying to jack your M3?
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2013, 06:00 PM   #3
blackmars
FengShuiMaster
United_States
4
Rep
126
Posts

 
Drives: 13 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Philadelphia

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeman335 View Post
Maybe the ship is avoiding some pirates who are trying to jack your M3?
lol,
__________________
13 M3 Coupe/ZCP/ZMT/PDC
14 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Freedom Edition

Appreciate 0
      02-02-2013, 06:34 PM   #4
RingMeister01
Croatian
RingMeister01's Avatar
United_States
48
Rep
2,566
Posts

 
Drives: The Ultimate Driving Machine
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
LMAO, sorry to be joking!
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2013, 07:26 PM   #5
AlpineE92M3
Currently Driving
AlpineE92M3's Avatar
13
Rep
817
Posts

 
Drives: BPM tuned '13 AW ZCP E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rochester, NY

iTrader: (8)

Garage List
2013 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
How do you track the cargo ship? Mine just went into production 2 days ago, patiently waiting....
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2013, 08:34 PM   #6
blackmars
FengShuiMaster
United_States
4
Rep
126
Posts

 
Drives: 13 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Philadelphia

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineE92M3 View Post
How do you track the cargo ship? Mine just went into production 2 days ago, patiently waiting....

it will take some time before shipping. Ask your SA about exact status of ur car.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=805876
__________________
13 M3 Coupe/ZCP/ZMT/PDC
14 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Freedom Edition

Appreciate 0
      02-03-2013, 09:51 AM   #7
AlpineE92M3
Currently Driving
AlpineE92M3's Avatar
13
Rep
817
Posts

 
Drives: BPM tuned '13 AW ZCP E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rochester, NY

iTrader: (8)

Garage List
2013 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Yeah I've been tracking it on BMWUSA.com with my production number. It's pretty cool that you can track the cargo ship. They told me end of February which would be 6-8 weeks start to finish. I'm getting a little skeptical at this point since it just went into production a few days ago.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2013, 10:27 AM   #8
SROC5
Addicted to Track
SROC5's Avatar
United_States
29
Rep
1,645
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: USCON

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineE92M3 View Post
Yeah I've been tracking it on BMWUSA.com with my production number. It's pretty cool that you can track the cargo ship. They told me end of February which would be 6-8 weeks start to finish. I'm getting a little skeptical at this point since it just went into production a few days ago.
Website is always delayed. 800 number is better, but slightly delayed in status. The SA has the most up-to-date daily status from start to finish. Here was my schedule start to finish: 6 weeks pretty much on the dot.

Total Time = 6 ish weeks (East Coast)

-Order In - 0 day
-Production # Given - 2 day
-Production Finish - 6 days
-Arrival, Port of Exit - 1 day
-Departure, Port of Exit - 16 days (this is wait can be varied and agonizing - there were cars finished after mine that left before mine did!)
-Arrival, US (East Coast) Port of Arrival - 14 days (longer than average, could be shorter)
-VPC Accept, Process, Release - 2 days
-VPC Delivery to Dealership Complete - 2 days
-Delivery / Pick Up Notification - 2 days

Plan and purchase mods while you wait so you're not bored.
__________________

| Akrapovic Evo | ESSi | Swift Spec-R | CF Spoiler | APEX ARC-8 | RS-3 | PFC-08 | DIF |
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2013, 11:34 AM   #9
AlpineE92M3
Currently Driving
AlpineE92M3's Avatar
13
Rep
817
Posts

 
Drives: BPM tuned '13 AW ZCP E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rochester, NY

iTrader: (8)

Garage List
2013 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
From the time they gave me my production number (2 days after ordered), it took 3 weeks for the website to say it went into production. I ordered it on Jan 7th, and on Feb 1st it said it started production. I'm starting to think this is going to be a 3 month wait time. I already got some mods waiting for it. LOL
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2013, 02:45 PM   #10
SROC5
Addicted to Track
SROC5's Avatar
United_States
29
Rep
1,645
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: USCON

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineE92M3 View Post
From the time they gave me my production number (2 days after ordered), it took 3 weeks for the website to say it went into production. I ordered it on Jan 7th, and on Feb 1st it said it started production. I'm starting to think this is going to be a 3 month wait time. I already got some mods waiting for it. LOL
One of the demands I put on my sale before I accepted the deal, was a production number the same day/next day, because I've heard of stories where they keep you waiting.

Website can be delayed, but not 3 weeks! If your SA is providing good service, he's updating you weekly at the very least and trying to make sure it's moving along.
__________________

| Akrapovic Evo | ESSi | Swift Spec-R | CF Spoiler | APEX ARC-8 | RS-3 | PFC-08 | DIF |
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2013, 03:17 PM   #11
AlpineE92M3
Currently Driving
AlpineE92M3's Avatar
13
Rep
817
Posts

 
Drives: BPM tuned '13 AW ZCP E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rochester, NY

iTrader: (8)

Garage List
2013 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
From what I know is that BMW doesn't have daily production on the M3's. They have certain dates when they start the production line and start producing them. He told me expect weeks 4-6 of 2013 to start production. Since the website told me Feb 1st its going into production, the dealer has some credibility. It is priority 1 so hopefully once it finishes production it will ship quickly. I guess end of Feb isn't out of the realm of possibility at this point. After all, it only takes a day to produce a car in mass production. Keeping my fingers crossed
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2013, 05:02 PM   #12
blackmars
FengShuiMaster
United_States
4
Rep
126
Posts

 
Drives: 13 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Philadelphia

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineE92M3 View Post
From what I know is that BMW doesn't have daily production on the M3's. They have certain dates when they start the production line and start producing them. He told me expect weeks 4-6 of 2013 to start production. Since the website told me Feb 1st its going into production, the dealer has some credibility. It is priority 1 so hopefully once it finishes production it will ship quickly. I guess end of Feb isn't out of the realm of possibility at this point. After all, it only takes a day to produce a car in mass production. Keeping my fingers crossed
Your SA should be able to tell u the production finish ETA, usually very accurate.
__________________
13 M3 Coupe/ZCP/ZMT/PDC
14 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Freedom Edition

Appreciate 0
      02-03-2013, 05:07 PM   #13
ussoldierforhire
Lieutenant
United_States
16
Rep
561
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 M3 E92
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Virginia Beach, VA

iTrader: (1)

LOL. Duh... its the anti-submarine maneuver. You dont want your new M3 taking a torpedo do you?
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 12:17 PM   #14
MerrittM3
Major
MerrittM3's Avatar
United_States
22
Rep
1,234
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: NY

iTrader: (11)

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Just tried to track mine that is already on a ship and per my dealer says will arrive at the port here on the 13th of this month.

I tried to track it through the interactive map but it said out of range. Their website shows on schedule though for the 13th.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 05:29 PM   #15
///Machine
Second Lieutenant
///Machine's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
247
Posts

 
Drives: '13 E92 M3 / '11 X5d
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: CT

iTrader: (0)

It is clear that the red team (Ocean Crown and Stella-Wega) are on the tail of your ship.
But don't worry, back up is on the way!
The green team is sending Tranquility, Christine and Eternus to the rescue!!
Let's us know how that plays out in the end...
__________________
Now: 2013 SG ZCP E92 M3; 2011 DSB X5d
Before: 2011 JZB E93 M3; 2008 Monaco Blue E90 328i; 2002 E46 Steel Blue 325i
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 06:01 PM   #16
Genro757
///M-Flight VP
Genro757's Avatar
United_States
16
Rep
670
Posts

 
Drives: '13 Frozen Red Edition E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: NOVA/Virginia Beach, VA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineE92M3
From what I know is that BMW doesn't have daily production on the M3's. They have certain dates when they start the production line and start producing them. He told me expect weeks 4-6 of 2013 to start production. Since the website told me Feb 1st its going into production, the dealer has some credibility. It is priority 1 so hopefully once it finishes production it will ship quickly. I guess end of Feb isn't out of the realm of possibility at this point. After all, it only takes a day to produce a car in mass production. Keeping my fingers crossed
I don't know who told you this and it's pretty false. I live in Regensburg and have been fortunate to visit the BMW Regensburg plant where our M3's are made. There's no set day when only M3's or 335' s or 135's or mZ4's etc. are made. You will see all the models on the assembly line and it's all based on when your order was submitted and when it was received by BMW.
__________________
2013 "Frozen Red Edition" E92 M3, M-DCT with all the 'fixin's, Akrapovic Evolution w/CF Tips, BPM Stage 2 Tune, BPM DCT Software
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 06:06 PM   #17
AlpineE92M3
Currently Driving
AlpineE92M3's Avatar
13
Rep
817
Posts

 
Drives: BPM tuned '13 AW ZCP E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Rochester, NY

iTrader: (8)

Garage List
2013 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genro757 View Post
I don't know who told you this and it's pretty false. I live in Regensburg and have been fortunate to visit the BMW Regensburg plant where our M3's are made. There's no set day when only M3's or 335' s or 135's or mZ4's etc. are made. You will see all the models on the assembly line and it's all based on when your order was submitted and when it was received by BMW.
The dealer told me this. It's hard to believe the dealer anyways, they just want money. But the quicker I get my car, the quicker they get paid! It's in their best interest to get the car quicker so they can make their money.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 06:10 PM   #18
Genro757
///M-Flight VP
Genro757's Avatar
United_States
16
Rep
670
Posts

 
Drives: '13 Frozen Red Edition E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: NOVA/Virginia Beach, VA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineE92M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genro757 View Post
I don't know who told you this and it's pretty false. I live in Regensburg and have been fortunate to visit the BMW Regensburg plant where our M3's are made. There's no set day when only M3's or 335' s or 135's or mZ4's etc. are made. You will see all the models on the assembly line and it's all based on when your order was submitted and when it was received by BMW.
The dealer told me this. It's hard to believe the dealer anyways, they just want money. But the quicker I get my car, the quicker they get paid! It's in their best interest to get the car quicker so they can make their money.
Yeah...I agree with you. Fortunately I was able to pick up my car from a dealership here in Germany and don't have to worry about sims of the "interesting" sales tactics they use in the States.
__________________
2013 "Frozen Red Edition" E92 M3, M-DCT with all the 'fixin's, Akrapovic Evolution w/CF Tips, BPM Stage 2 Tune, BPM DCT Software
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 09:51 PM   #19
blackmars
FengShuiMaster
United_States
4
Rep
126
Posts

 
Drives: 13 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Philadelphia

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonE92 View Post
Just tried to track mine that is already on a ship and per my dealer says will arrive at the port here on the 13th of this month.

I tried to track it through the interactive map but it said out of range. Their website shows on schedule though for the 13th.
I think your car is on the same ship as mine.
__________________
13 M3 Coupe/ZCP/ZMT/PDC
14 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Freedom Edition

Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 10:02 PM   #20
SROC5
Addicted to Track
SROC5's Avatar
United_States
29
Rep
1,645
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: USCON

iTrader: (3)

let the sleepless nights continue, a day seems like a week right now doesn't it? Here's hoping your cars go through VPC quickly!
__________________

| Akrapovic Evo | ESSi | Swift Spec-R | CF Spoiler | APEX ARC-8 | RS-3 | PFC-08 | DIF |
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 02:14 PM   #21
MerrittM3
Major
MerrittM3's Avatar
United_States
22
Rep
1,234
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: NY

iTrader: (11)

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmars View Post
I think your car is on the same ship as mine.
Oh yeah we are both on the Boheme . Where did you go to find that interactive map? i tried this link but it told me the ship was out of range

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/

Also, what are the specs on yours? i ordered a Interlagos Blue with black interior, carbon fiber leather trim, competition package, 6MT, back up sensors, rear sun shade, heated seats and NAV. Oh also got the sunroof.. CF roof looks cool but i dont really have a need for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SROC5 View Post
let the sleepless nights continue, a day seems like a week right now doesn't it? Here's hoping your cars go through VPC quickly!

Tell me about it.. i ordered this thing over a month ago... cant wait to get it!
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 02:23 PM   #22
ussoldierforhire
Lieutenant
United_States
16
Rep
561
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 M3 E92
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Virginia Beach, VA

iTrader: (1)

When the ship is in the middle of the ocean all services tell you its out of range. Just have to wait until it's closer to shore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonE92 View Post
Oh yeah we are both on the Boheme . Where did you go to find that interactive map? i tried this link but it told me the ship was out of range

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/

Also, what are the specs on yours? i ordered a Interlagos Blue with black interior, carbon fiber leather trim, competition package, 6MT, back up sensors, rear sun shade, heated seats and NAV. Oh also got the sunroof.. CF roof looks cool but i dont really have a need for it.




Tell me about it.. i ordered this thing over a month ago... cant wait to get it!
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:11 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST