BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

02-03-2013, 08:59 PM   #23
M3 Esq
Automobilist
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5, 911 GT3

I like the wheels but I'm not sure about the mirror caps. But if you like it that's all that matters.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 07:18 AM   #24
Castr_85M
Captain
Rep
Drives: AW/Fox 6MT E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Esq. View Post
I like the wheels but I'm not sure about the mirror caps. But if you like it that's all that matters.
Thanks. I was on AW mirror caps and felt like it was missing something. The MR caps finished the look IMO

E90 M3 AW/Extended FR•Ohlins•Borla•ACM•K&N•IND•BBS•Vredestein•Velos Designworks•Vorsteiner•BMW Performance•Lux AE•Arkym
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 02:52 PM   #25
Twinbo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ....

I like it. The wheels are understated without colour and I think it's because they are 18's they look great with the red.
I say if you are in for a penny, go in for a pound. Do the mirror caps and enjoy.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 02:14 AM   #26
STi_traitor
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BTG 2014 - 3 Laps

Quote:
Originally Posted by alofoque View Post
TWINNING!!!
On a good note, you and I are the only two I have seen. I saw your thread about two weeks ago and it helped my worries on the look!
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 02:17 AM   #27
STi_traitor
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
I love it, looks awesome!
Thanks! I wanted MR but no luck, that color is sick!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Esq. View Post
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinbo View Post
I like it. The wheels are understated without colour and I think it's because they are 18's they look great with the red.
I say if you are in for a penny, go in for a pound. Do the mirror caps and enjoy.
I may just do the mirrors, worst case I don't like it and I remove them. My twin on here has them and I think it looks great!
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 02:17 AM   #28
STi_traitor
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Thanks. I was on AW mirror caps and felt like it was missing something. The MR caps finished the look IMO
Are your Mirror Caps from IND?
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 08:34 AM   #29
Castr_85M
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by STi_traitor View Post
Are your Mirror Caps from IND?
I actually bought them of a member on here. Try wrapping your mirror caps, if you dont like it take it off.

E90 M3 AW/Extended FR•Ohlins•Borla•ACM•K&N•IND•BBS•Vredestein•Velos Designworks•Vorsteiner•BMW Performance•Lux AE•Arkym
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 08:34 AM   #30
Castr_85M
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinbo View Post
Yea man, your right!

Appreciate 0
      03-03-2013, 09:31 AM   #31
ortho281
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 6MT

Quote:
TWINNING!!!
I was a bit skeptical when first seeing your post. But now that I see it, I think is looks good! Minus the amber headlamps.

Akra GT4 / MS Stage 2 / MS UDP / BPM Tune / KW CS / H&R Sways / TMS Delrin / ST 380/355 BBK / Cantrell 2.5" Ducts / SR34 Pads / Apex Arc-8 / Hoosier R7's / Mode GT4 Splitter / GT4 Canards / APR GT-250 Wing / Cantrell Half Cage / Recaro Pro Racer / Schroth Profi II-6 / BMW Alcantera Wheel / Cool Shirt / ESS Fire Supp / Solo DL
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2013, 09:44 AM   #32
mscdman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by STi_traitor
159 views and only two people have made an opinion? Tough crowd, give me more opinions!
It looks ricey and like shit. You asked.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2013, 11:11 AM   #33
mscdman
Private First Class
Rep

And now you've got me on a rant....

Why oh why do people take a beautiful car like an M3 and make it look like a retarded 16yr olds car?!?? Red wheels and mirrors? Really?

Jesus. Is this what the M3 has been reduced to? Are you changing your name to Paul walker? Are you drifting fast and furiously against Vin diesel?

Bimmerfest ought to have two forums. One for people who actually care about how their cars look and another for people like you.

Just say no man. Rant over.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 01:51 PM   #34
Castr_85M
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscdman View Post

Why oh why do people take a beautiful car like an M3 and make it look like a retarded 16yr olds car?!?? Red wheels and mirrors? Really?

Jesus. Is this what the M3 has been reduced to? Are you changing your name to Paul walker? Are you drifting fast and furiously against Vin diesel?

Bimmerfest ought to have two forums. One for people who actually care about how their cars look and another for people like you.

Rant away big guy. Do you even own an M3? Probably not, hence your opinion is irrelevant. Thanks.

Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 02:47 PM   #35
mscdman
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Rant away big guy. Do you even own an M3? Probably not, hence your opinion is irrelevant. Thanks.
Do you typically answer your own questions? Let me guess... you are one of the people like the OP who has fucked up his otherwise beautiful M3 & probably can't even really afford the car, but you bought it anyway by giving up money that would have otherwise been spent on all those exciting weekends trolling the mall parking lots in your funkafied M3 looking for 16yr olds who think a car with red wheels makes you look "tough". Tell your mom I said hi when you go back to your room in her basement tonight.

PS - OP shouldn't ask for opinions if he/she can't take them.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 05:28 PM   #36
Rapture
I'm suckin gas but I'm haulin ass
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 ZCP MW/SO

Quote:
Do you typically answer your own questions? Let me guess... you are one of the people like the OP who has fucked up his otherwise beautiful M3 & probably can't even really afford the car, but you bought it anyway by giving up money that would have otherwise been spent on all those exciting weekends trolling the mall parking lots in your funkafied M3 looking for 16yr olds who think a car with red wheels makes you look "tough". Tell your mom I said hi when you go back to your room in her basement tonight.

Damn dude. You are disrespectful and your comments are uncalled for.
OP's car may not be to your liking, but it's OP's car. People's comments and input are always appreciated but you are just offensive.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 06:22 PM   #37
mscdman
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

Damn dude. You are disrespectful and your comments are uncalled for.
OP's car may not be to your liking, but it's OP's car. People's comments and input are always appreciated but you are just offensive.
When you ask for comments, you can't expect all roses.

And I wasn't aware being respectful was part of the original post. I may be an asshole, but I'm am honest asshole.

I think the car with wheels and headlights like that looks like complete garbage. It's my opinion however. OP can do whatever they like. Hell, get zebra coated wheels and hang some fuzzy dice from the rear view mirror. Just saying it kills me to see people do that stuff to their cars.

I wonder where it stops. Do you see people doing that to porches? Ferraris? I personally haven't. There's something about the BMW (which I love BTW) that makes jokers like this do this to their cars. I just don't know what it is. To each their own I suppose.

It seems low class to me. Again, my opinion.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2013, 10:16 AM   #38
Castr_85M
Captain
Rep

Quote:
When you ask for comments, you can't expect all roses.

And I wasn't aware being respectful was part of the original post. I may be an asshole, but I'm am honest asshole.

I think the car with wheels and headlights like that looks like complete garbage. It's my opinion however. OP can do whatever they like. Hell, get zebra coated wheels and hang some fuzzy dice from the rear view mirror. Just saying it kills me to see people do that stuff to their cars.

I wonder where it stops. Do you see people doing that to porches? Ferraris? I personally haven't. There's something about the BMW (which I love BTW) that makes jokers like this do this to their cars. I just don't know what it is. To each their own I suppose.

It seems low class to me. Again, my opinion.
Actually the one of the most prestigious Porsches come with red wheels the GT3RS but hey, what do they know.BTW you don't have to like it, hell it can make you feel like your eyes are bleeding but it's just someone elses car so don't let it kill you, it's just not worth it.

My bad, apparently you do own an M3. But it seems that in the process of you aquiring your M, life has really put a beating on you. Because reading some of your previous post it seems like ranting is a specialty for you.Why so bitter? Oh no need to be an "honest asshole", be happy you drive an M3 and it does not have red wheels for winter.

Thanks for worrying about my finances but luckaly i'm in a very good state right now. Thanks bud!

Appreciate 0
      03-05-2013, 10:22 AM   #39
karriman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW x7

go suck a d*ck

Quote:

03-05-2013, 11:56 AM   #40
mscdman
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by karriman
go suck a d*ck

Quote:

If you could find it, I'd say whip it out. But if your decking out your car like OP I'm sensing a problem with that.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2013, 09:38 AM   #41
STi_traitor
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:

Quote:
Actually the one of the most prestigious Porsches come with red wheels the GT3RS but hey, what do they know.BTW you don't have to like it, hell it can make you feel like your eyes are bleeding but it's just someone elses car so don't let it kill you, it's just not worth it.

My bad, apparently you do own an M3. But it seems that in the process of you aquiring your M, life has really put a beating on you. Because reading some of your previous post it seems like ranting is a specialty for you.Why so bitter? Oh no need to be an "honest asshole", be happy you drive an M3 and it does not have red wheels for winter.

Thanks for worrying about my finances but luckaly i'm in a very good state right now. Thanks bud!
Quote:
If you could find it, I'd say whip it out. But if your decking out your car like OP I'm sensing a problem with that.
I agree that everyone has their own opinions and what not so I can handle that. What makes me laugh is that you say I have an M3 that looks ricey and that I have a the attitude of a 16 year old when in the end you have become the one with a childish personality.

Thanks for your opinion but I still think it's a great track inspired look.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 10:04 AM   #42
JD3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 e92 M3, DCT.

Quote:

Seems like you're the one who can't take criticism or opinions.
You can't leave a scathing opinion like this, with personal attacks and insults, then act surprised when someone calls you out on it. There's not much difference between an honest asshole and just a plain asshole. Just because someone invites your opinion doesn't give you free reign to be disrespectful and trash them and their car.
Besides, I've seen plenty of terrible exotics with leather wraps, chrome wraps, so much carbon fiber added that it probably slows the car down, etc. It's not just BMW drivers.

OP - It's not my thing, but usually pics don't do these types of mods justice. Some people don't like my 220's in black, but I don't care. A lot of M3s start to look the same after a while so at least yours will stand out. Glad you like it.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 10:33 AM   #43
IrishCoffee
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4

Man... this thread got intense!
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 11:06 AM   #44
Castr_85M
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishCoffee View Post
Man... this thread got intense!
I know. Some people act like if they got home and found their car modded by someone else.

Some people just take the internet to seriously.

Appreciate 0