BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-03-2013, 09:05 PM   #1211
schnell325
Bored at work....
 
schnell325's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 M3,'11 335xi
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: BC

Posts: 3,836
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_of_Persia View Post
Part number is: 25112284205


I think this is the link to the part: http://www.thebmwpartstore.com/oempa...112284205.html


__________________
'08 E92 SG M3: AA G2L3 snail, Catless X-Pipe & Sig Series Rear. AP rods. TC Kline EDC Coil Overs. MRF Alum Sub Frame Bushings. TMS Delrin Diff'l Bushings. BFI Motor Mounts. Recaro PP's. BMW Elec Perf Steering Wheel. P3 Vent Gauge. PS Overflow Kit. LUX V3. APEX ARC-8 18"x9.5"/10.5". Conti Slicks 275/35F 305/30R. Stoptech Pads/SS Lines. Castrol SRF. Cantrell Motorsports Brake Duct Kit.
schnell325 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-03-2013, 09:26 PM   #1212
Prince_of_Persia
Colonel
 
Prince_of_Persia's Avatar
 
Drives: 6MT E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC

Posts: 2,367
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieDriving View Post
Was the installation hard? It looks like it came that way on your car. Good job.
Thanks,

The only tricky part about it was removing the stock boot ring and attaching it to the M5 shifter boot. After that, it was pretty easy.
__________________

AW|FR 6MT E92 ///M3
Prince_of_Persia is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-03-2013, 10:44 PM   #1213
///MDriver
Private
 
///MDriver's Avatar
 
Drives: 2003.5 BMW M3 SMG IR on red
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cal AB

Posts: 70
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandye90m3 View Post
Hey guys, I hope my fellow Calgarians are doing well!

I have a set of 220M 19" rims that are sitting back at home in Calgary. If anyone would like to make an offer on the rims I would be more than happy to sell them to you.

The rims are running a little low on tread so there is approximately 5000km of driving left on them. And one of the rims has 10" long curb rash that my mom did

I drove them for about 18,000kms

Thanks guys
Still have these? pm me the price and some pics of the rash and tires. brand of tires?.. thnx
__________________
///MDriver is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-04-2013, 03:31 PM   #1214
m3cragg
Private First Class
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Calgary AB

Posts: 107
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_of_Persia View Post
Yeah man, just actually drove my car last night and this mod is a MUST to have!

I got it for $124 + $14 Shipping + $24 Duty / custom fee

I always buy my OEM parts from www.thebmwpartstore.com

They have great pricing, match price with anyone as well.
Did you get it shipped through them?
I tried to order but cant select canada.....
m3cragg is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-04-2013, 03:35 PM   #1215
Prince_of_Persia
Colonel
 
Prince_of_Persia's Avatar
 
Drives: 6MT E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC

Posts: 2,367
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3cragg View Post
Did you get it shipped through them?
I tried to order but cant select canada.....
Just email them at thebmwpartstore@gmail.com


Give them your address and tell them what part you need and they will paypal you an invoice so you can pay them. I usually ask them to send the item through USPS, so I end up paying a few dollars more than UPS for shipping, but at the end, I will save A LOT of custom fee.
__________________

AW|FR 6MT E92 ///M3
Prince_of_Persia is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-04-2013, 03:40 PM   #1216
m3cragg
Private First Class
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Calgary AB

Posts: 107
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_of_Persia View Post
Just email them at thebmwpartstore@gmail.com


Give them your address and tell them what part you need and they will paypal you an invoice so you can pay them. I usually ask them to send the item through USPS, so I end up paying a few dollars more than UPS for shipping, but at the end, I will save A LOT of custom fee.
awesome thanks
m3cragg is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-12-2013, 11:49 AM   #1217
j2m
Colonel
 
j2m's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 E92 M3 DCT
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Calgary, Ab

Posts: 2,452
iTrader: (8)

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigup View Post
And here she is:



Did all the paperwork today, gave back my 335i. Won't take the M3 until my winters arrive.

They gave me a 528 xdrive loaner in the mean time ... armchair on wheels, but painfully slow and boat-like

Looking forward to joining some cruises again this year, 2012 was too crazy for me find time.
Winters arrive yet???
__________________

11' E92 M3 Space Grey | DCT | ESS VT2- 625 | Gintani Race (valved) + Quad Res Catless X-Pipe | KW Sleeve's | GC Camber Plates|Arkym Diffuser | Vorsteiner VRS Lip | P3 Boost Guage | Stud Conversion
PHOTO's: Click Here ESS VT2 625 PHOTOS: Click Here
j2m is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-12-2013, 11:57 PM   #1218
bigup
Random Car Person
 
bigup's Avatar
 
Drives: Slow M3
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Calgary, AB

Posts: 481
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Send a message via Skype™ to bigup
Quote:
Originally Posted by j2m View Post
Winters arrive yet???
They arrived last Monday, so I had them installed the same day.

I've had just over a week with the car now, and have to say that my feelings are a little mixed. Thanks to the dry roads, I've been able to get in a good amount of spirited driving.

First, I have to say I really regret getting DCT. I am not bonding well at all; sometimes it feels clunky and sometimes it shifts slow. I'm having to drive in M mode with everything maxed, but still find that things lag noticeably (throttle, shifts).

Second, the stock power feels underwhelming. Of course, I was expecting it to be slower than my last car (modded, my 335i was 420-440+ hp to wheels with torque in the high 400s. Taking into account altitude and drivetrain loss, this one is probably has about ~330 to the wheels, and ~240wtq at a guess (I will dyno it stock soon before I start mod).

So supercharging has to happen - if I had doubt before, I don't any more! I need to get this thing up to pace in the spring.

My business partner just bought a 997 turbo today, so I'm going to need something that can at least stay close to him. Although it'll be game over for me the minute he puts on a tune.. lol.

Surprisingly, I'm not feeling the connection with this car as I did when I first got my N54. I'm hoping I start to get it soon, certainly a different beast to drive. Linear acceleration vs the double punch in the chest from my old car takes some getting used to.

I've not got full confidence in the corners yet, but that's probably down to these fresh winter tires more than anything; not going to be able to go crazy until the summers go back on. On the plus side, the car sounds great; the cam gear whine is great, and the E92 M3 is probably still one of the sexiest cars on the road

Maybe I got a dud M3; I'll get it on the dyno within the next few weeks to see if it is where it should be.
bigup is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-13-2013, 12:26 AM   #1219
j2m
Colonel
 
j2m's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 E92 M3 DCT
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Calgary, Ab

Posts: 2,452
iTrader: (8)

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigup
Quote:
Originally Posted by j2m View Post
Winters arrive yet???
They arrived last Monday, so I had them installed the same day.

I've had just over a week with the car now, and have to say that my feelings are a little mixed. Thanks to the dry roads, I've been able to get in a good amount of spirited driving.

First, I have to say I really regret getting DCT. I am not bonding well at all; sometimes it feels clunky and sometimes it shifts slow. I'm having to drive in M mode with everything maxed, but still find that things lag noticeably (throttle, shifts).

Second, the stock power feels underwhelming. Of course, I was expecting it to be slower than my last car (modded, my 335i was 420-440+ hp to wheels with torque in the high 400s. Taking into account altitude and drivetrain loss, this one is probably has about ~330 to the wheels, and ~240wtq at a guess (I will dyno it stock soon before I start mod).

So supercharging has to happen - if I had doubt before, I don't any more! I need to get this thing up to pace in the spring.

My business partner just bought a 997 turbo today, so I'm going to need something that can at least stay close to him. Although it'll be game over for me the minute he puts on a tune.. lol.

Surprisingly, I'm not feeling the connection with this car as I did when I first got my N54. I'm hoping I start to get it soon, certainly a different beast to drive. Linear acceleration vs the double punch in the chest from my old car takes some getting used to.

I've not got full confidence in the corners yet, but that's probably down to these fresh winter tires more than anything; not going to be able to go crazy until the summers go back on. On the plus side, the car sounds great; the cam gear whine is great, and the E92 M3 is probably still one of the sexiest cars on the road

Maybe I got a dud M3; I'll get it on the dyno within the next few weeks to see if it is where it should be.
I had the same impressions regarding power. I was not planning on blowing my car as fast as I did but it felt extremely underwhelming compared to my FBO+meth N55 x-drive, and my n55 felt underwhelming compared to my previous FBO N54 x drive.
I put the blower on with 3,000KM and it was game over! I dyno'd before SC and got 343WHP and 248WTQ. I have not dyno'd since the blower but typically the DCT put down about 550-580WHP and 360-380WTQ with the ESS 625+catless.
Rob can shed more light on the specific numbers but you need to drive a SC'd M3.
The power of a FBO+meth n54 can really eff up your expectations of any car but a blown S65 is just a whole new level!
__________________

11' E92 M3 Space Grey | DCT | ESS VT2- 625 | Gintani Race (valved) + Quad Res Catless X-Pipe | KW Sleeve's | GC Camber Plates|Arkym Diffuser | Vorsteiner VRS Lip | P3 Boost Guage | Stud Conversion
PHOTO's: Click Here ESS VT2 625 PHOTOS: Click Here
j2m is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-13-2013, 12:56 AM   #1220
bigup
Random Car Person
 
bigup's Avatar
 
Drives: Slow M3
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Calgary, AB

Posts: 481
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Send a message via Skype™ to bigup
Quote:
Originally Posted by j2m View Post
I had the same impressions regarding power. I was not planning on blowing my car as fast as I did but it felt extremely underwhelming compared to my FBO+meth N55 x-drive, and my n55 felt underwhelming compared to my previous FBO N54 x drive.
I put the blower on with 3,000KM and it was game over! I dyno'd before SC and got 343WHP and 248WTQ. I have not dyno'd since the blower but typically the DCT put down about 550-580WHP and 360-380WTQ with the ESS 625+catless.
Rob can shed more light on the specific numbers but you need to drive a SC'd M3.
The power of a FBO+meth n54 can really eff up your expectations of any car but a blown S65 is just a whole new level!
Yeah that's what I'm hoping; I want to make this car go as fast as it sounds.

Those HP numbers are certainly impressive. What kind of rear tires are you running? 285s? Edit .. n/m just saw your sig

Last edited by bigup; 02-13-2013 at 01:05 AM.
bigup is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-13-2013, 12:10 PM   #1221
Tuner1
Second Lieutenant
 
Tuner1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Calgary, AB

Posts: 258
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2m View Post
I put the blower on with 3,000KM and it was game over! I dyno'd before SC and got 343WHP and 248WTQ. I have not dyno'd since the blower but typically the DCT put down about 550-580WHP and 360-380WTQ with the ESS 625+catless.
Rob can shed more light on the specific numbers but you need to drive a SC'd M3.
The power of a FBO+meth n54 can really eff up your expectations of any car but a blown S65 is just a whole new level!
Same experience here. I went from a well-sorted N54 to a stock S65 and thought it felt a bit soft up here at ~3500' ASL, although the S65 is clearly from a different planet (i.e. motorsports) in terms of overall feel and 'specialness'. My first E90 M3 was a 6spd with the ESS VT2-600 kit and the power was impressive but my current E90 M3 DCT with the ESS VT2-650 is wicked At last count Calgary now has more than ten ESS-powered E9X M3s and I have yet to hear any regrest.

Oh, big rear tires are a must! I drive my car exclusively with all 'systems' turned off and with 265mm rear tires it is seriously traction limited!

Congrats on the new car bigup
Tuner1 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-14-2013, 12:13 AM   #1222
Millie
Second Lieutenant
 
Millie's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Kamloops/Alberta

Posts: 241
iTrader: (1)

Has every package I'd want, however is EDC really worth it?

http://www.calgaryautoquest.ca/used/...d340b10fee.htm
__________________
09 E92 SG M3
Dinan Stuff
Millie is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-14-2013, 12:23 AM   #1223
Prince_of_Persia
Colonel
 
Prince_of_Persia's Avatar
 
Drives: 6MT E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC

Posts: 2,367
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie View Post
Has every package I'd want, however is EDC really worth it?

http://www.calgaryautoquest.ca/used/...d340b10fee.htm
I don't have EDC, and really don't think I need it. It is a decent price for this M3, but the warranty is going to run out pretty soon. Did you check the VIN to see if there is any accident / problem on the record? Did you check its service history ?
__________________

AW|FR 6MT E92 ///M3
Prince_of_Persia is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-14-2013, 12:28 AM   #1224
j2m
Colonel
 
j2m's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 E92 M3 DCT
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Calgary, Ab

Posts: 2,452
iTrader: (8)

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie
Has every package I'd want, however is EDC really worth it?

http://www.calgaryautoquest.ca/used/...d340b10fee.htm
Seems like a really nice car. Can't lose with white on black. EDC is nice if it comes with the car and when I was looking for mine EDC was something I wanted. That being said if I had it to do over again EDC would not be a "must have" because I will end up upgrading the suspension anyway.
__________________

11' E92 M3 Space Grey | DCT | ESS VT2- 625 | Gintani Race (valved) + Quad Res Catless X-Pipe | KW Sleeve's | GC Camber Plates|Arkym Diffuser | Vorsteiner VRS Lip | P3 Boost Guage | Stud Conversion
PHOTO's: Click Here ESS VT2 625 PHOTOS: Click Here
j2m is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-14-2013, 12:30 AM   #1225
bigup
Random Car Person
 
bigup's Avatar
 
Drives: Slow M3
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Calgary, AB

Posts: 481
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Send a message via Skype™ to bigup
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuner1 View Post
Same experience here. I went from a well-sorted N54 to a stock S65 and thought it felt a bit soft up here at ~3500' ASL, although the S65 is clearly from a different planet (i.e. motorsports) in terms of overall feel and 'specialness'. My first E90 M3 was a 6spd with the ESS VT2-600 kit and the power was impressive but my current E90 M3 DCT with the ESS VT2-650 is wicked At last count Calgary now has more than ten ESS-powered E9X M3s and I have yet to hear any regrest.

Oh, big rear tires are a must! I drive my car exclusively with all 'systems' turned off and with 265mm rear tires it is seriously traction limited!

Congrats on the new car bigup
Thanks

I'm looking forward to adding some big power in the spring/summer, and it looks like I'll be in good company.

I'll certainly be looking at some good 295's for rears. Feels weird shopping for summer tires so soon after buying winters!
bigup is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-14-2013, 12:37 AM   #1226
Millie
Second Lieutenant
 
Millie's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Kamloops/Alberta

Posts: 241
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_of_Persia View Post
I don't have EDC, and really don't think I need it. It is a decent price for this M3, but the warranty is going to run out pretty soon. Did you check the VIN to see if there is any accident / problem on the record? Did you check its service history ?
Haven't gone that far yet. Just trying to get the basics for now.

Quote:
That being said if I had it to do over again EDC would not be a "must have" because I will end up upgrading the suspension anyway.
Hmm indeed. Like my previous cars I do plan on modding it a little. From what I gather setting up aftermarket suspension on an non-edc car is a little easier.
__________________
09 E92 SG M3
Dinan Stuff
Millie is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-14-2013, 12:38 AM   #1227
Apex Carver
100+ HP/L All Day, Every Day
 
Drives: 2008 AW E90 M3
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary, Alberta

Posts: 48
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie View Post
Has every package I'd want, however is EDC really worth it?

http://www.calgaryautoquest.ca/used/...d340b10fee.htm

IIRC that car has been for sale for quite a while. I'd make sure to get a carproof on it and an inspection

I have EDC on mine and I hardly use it so i wouldnt call it a "must"
Apex Carver is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-14-2013, 10:47 AM   #1228
j2m
Colonel
 
j2m's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 E92 M3 DCT
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Calgary, Ab

Posts: 2,452
iTrader: (8)

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie View Post
Hmm indeed. Like my previous cars I do plan on modding it a little. From what I gather setting up aftermarket suspension on an non-edc car is a little easier.
Yeah it's definitely cheaper, you won't need the EDC module.
__________________

11' E92 M3 Space Grey | DCT | ESS VT2- 625 | Gintani Race (valved) + Quad Res Catless X-Pipe | KW Sleeve's | GC Camber Plates|Arkym Diffuser | Vorsteiner VRS Lip | P3 Boost Guage | Stud Conversion
PHOTO's: Click Here ESS VT2 625 PHOTOS: Click Here
j2m is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-14-2013, 12:11 PM   #1229
Twinbo
First Lieutenant
 
Twinbo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 F150 Platinum
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Calgary, AB

Posts: 331
iTrader: (0)

That car is falling into the "too good to be true" category. I thought it was an 08 based on the price.
The BMW dealers in Calgary wouldn't have let that car go if it was a lease return. There is a reason they passed on it and let it go to auction.
Twinbo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-15-2013, 08:34 PM   #1230
Steve P.
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2006 M Coupe, 2008 M3 Sedan
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Alberta, Canada

Posts: 214
iTrader: (0)

Been in an accident, I checked on this one as well.
Steve P. is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-15-2013, 11:58 PM   #1231
Millie
Second Lieutenant
 
Millie's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Kamloops/Alberta

Posts: 241
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve P. View Post
Been in an accident, I checked on this one as well.
__________________
09 E92 SG M3
Dinan Stuff
Millie is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-20-2013, 12:58 PM   #1232
j2m
Colonel
 
j2m's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 E92 M3 DCT
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Calgary, Ab

Posts: 2,452
iTrader: (8)

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie View Post
Find one yet?
__________________

11' E92 M3 Space Grey | DCT | ESS VT2- 625 | Gintani Race (valved) + Quad Res Catless X-Pipe | KW Sleeve's | GC Camber Plates|Arkym Diffuser | Vorsteiner VRS Lip | P3 Boost Guage | Stud Conversion
PHOTO's: Click Here ESS VT2 625 PHOTOS: Click Here
j2m is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:26 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST