BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
Steve Thomas BMW
View Poll Results: Which Individual Color Would You Pick?
Santorini Blue 38 20.43%
Hellrot 27 14.52%
Speed Yellow 15 8.06%
Frozen Monte Carlos Blue 28 15.05%
Frozen Brilliant White 26 13.98%
I'd save $5000 and get a standard color 52 27.96%
Voters: 186. You may not vote on this poll

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-26-2013, 09:58 AM   #67
1MOREMOD
2014 Track Days - 11|Ridge 1:52:24|Pacific 1:35:72
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
172
Rep
12,929
Posts

 
Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt2000 View Post
Yeah I'm 99% positive I'll be sticking with my original choice of Santorini Blue. I'll buy the edition grill set, black chrome tail pipes, and Have EAS tint the windows, powdercoat the ZCP's vader black and install a set of 15/12mm spacers before I pick up the car.



Now the wait begins...

I think there has been a lot of good discussion, thanks for everyone's inputs!
good choice.
__________________

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2013, 07:58 AM   #68
Aus_M
Private First Class
2
Rep
113
Posts

 
Drives: BMW M3
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (0)

I've never seen santorini but I saw frozen MCB and was really disappointed. It just kills the colour and looks strange on the road (btw I have a shiny MCB on order so I love the colour).

I do like frozen white and santorini in pictures. For what it's worth I chose MCB then debated and changed my mind 100 times but still stuck with it.

Pretty happy I did although yet to receive the car so don't want to speak too soon.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2013, 12:28 AM   #69
AlexN
Private First Class
5
Rep
199
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 X5M + 2006 M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Miami

iTrader: (1)

Santorini is really nice, but I think I would save $4450 and go with mineral white.
its that nice
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2013, 01:50 AM   #70
Powerbeast
Major General
Powerbeast's Avatar
United_States
144
Rep
7,227
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3 Dakar Yellow
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerbeast View Post
Have you decided?
Yeah I'm 99% positive I'll be sticking with my original choice of Santorini Blue. I'll buy the edition grill set, black chrome tail pipes, and Have EAS tint the windows, powdercoat the ZCP's vader black and install a set of 15/12mm spacers before I pick up the car.



Now the wait begins...

I think there has been a lot of good discussion, thanks for everyone's inputs!
I'm sure you won't regret it.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2013, 02:39 PM   #71
///Matthew
Major
///Matthew's Avatar
28
Rep
1,165
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 M3, 1999 M3
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexN View Post
Santorini is really nice, but I think I would save $4450 and go with mineral white.
its that nice
wow.
__________________

2013 Santorini Blue M3
1999 Estoril Blue M3
mfatuation.com
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2013, 09:47 PM   #72
peeti
Second Lieutenant
peeti's Avatar
3
Rep
232
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 M3 e90
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chicagoland

iTrader: (1)

Oh hell, go with whatever the ugliest color there is. Then you'll be stuck with it and perhaps learn to enjoy it.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 02:59 PM   #73
PrometheusM3
Aquarian
United_States
2
Rep
293
Posts

 
Drives: LSB E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt2000 View Post
Yeah I'm 99% positive I'll be sticking with my original choice of Santorini Blue. I'll buy the edition grill set, black chrome tail pipes, and Have EAS tint the windows, powdercoat the ZCP's vader black and install a set of 15/12mm spacers before I pick up the car.



Now the wait begins...

I think there has been a lot of good discussion, thanks for everyone's inputs!
Hey buddy, I think you're the guy in front of me in line. I think you and I are the next two Individual builds from Steve Thomas.

Congrats on your car! Santorini is a phenomenal choice.

Francesca says we're supposed to get our allocations confirmed next week. I'm so excited.

Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 03:23 PM   #74
GOLFFRR
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
GOLFFRR's Avatar
269
Rep
17,311
Posts


 
Drives: Golf Cart
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Solvang, CA/Camarillo, CA

iTrader: (4)

^^ can't wait to see your cars when they come in

the wait will be long but be strong it will be well worth it when you get it trust me!
__________________

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL US FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Need a quote or assistance from David? GO HERE-->bmwdavid@icloud.com or 202-262-2900
David's ED special ALL M cars-->http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1042739
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 05:57 PM   #75
Ken37.73
Private 1st Class
Ken37.73's Avatar
7
Rep
473
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3 Jet Black
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ireland

iTrader: (0)

You're off your head mate.

5K buys you a performance exhaust, Evolve Tune, Spacers, and a fair chunk of a BBK.

THEN you have the M3 that you really want.

PS - best of luck either way but you'll thank me if you take my advice. I promise .....

Cheers,
Ken
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 06:05 PM   #76
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
117
Rep
8,517
Posts

 
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (6)

at least you didn't cop out and got a DCT. just sayin'....
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 06:32 PM   #77
davesaddiction
is fast cars
davesaddiction's Avatar
United_States
34
Rep
1,593
Posts

 
Drives: '08 E90 M3 6MT SSII BPM Stg II
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Tulsa

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken37.73 View Post
5K buys you a performance exhaust, Evolve Tune, Spacers, and a fair chunk of a BBK.
I'm in this camp, honestly.

That said, you've picked a stunning color - enjoy it!
__________________
Daddy's Rocket Sled! _
Clarkson: "It is... pretty much perfect... Why don't I have one of these cars?"
Harris: "The saloon is definitely the M3 of choice."
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 10:25 PM   #78
Curt2000
Colonel
Curt2000's Avatar
United_States
70
Rep
2,562
Posts

 
Drives: '13 ///M3
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sin City

iTrader: (24)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrometheusM3 View Post
Hey buddy, I think you're the guy in front of me in line. I think you and I are the next two Individual builds from Steve Thomas.

Congrats on your car! Santorini is a phenomenal choice.

Francesca says we're supposed to get our allocations confirmed next week. I'm so excited.

Sweet, lets just hope the incentives/programs hold! What color did you choose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
^^ can't wait to see your cars when they come in

the wait will be long but be strong it will be well worth it when you get it trust me!
This is just the tail end of a several year wait for me so I don't mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken37.73 View Post
You're off your head mate.

5K buys you a performance exhaust, Evolve Tune, Spacers, and a fair chunk of a BBK.

THEN you have the M3 that you really want.

PS - best of luck either way but you'll thank me if you take my advice. I promise .....

Cheers,
Ken
While a couple years ago I was all about modding, I'm pretty sure this time around I'll be one of those stock/OEM accessories guys. I'm planning on taking it to some track days and I'm pretty sure the car in stock form will be more capable than I. I think the individual paint is more of a statement than an exhaust/tune/brakes any way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post
at least you didn't cop out and got a DCT. just sayin'....
6MT was never in question
__________________

Current Car: '13 SANTORINI BLUE E92///M3--6MT/Speed Cloth/ZCP (ED Thread)
Former Cars:'10 E90 335i MSport / '07 Interlagos ///M5 / '09 135i / '10 E93 335i
Instagram: @C2KMotorsports
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 11:32 PM   #79
tpowerdinny
Specialist
8
Rep
672
Posts

 
Drives: A Tricycle
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NYC

iTrader: (4)

Santorini is the t!t5. There is always another option... get a standard exterior color and go with an Individual Interior. Interlagos Blue with Rust Brown or Caramel Interior. Mineral White with Platinum Interior with matching Platinum Alcantara Headlinger. Don't know if you can get some E46 interior like Jerez Black with Imola Red or Alpine White with Laguna Seca Blue. Silverstone with Cinnamon.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 11:35 PM   #80
Curt2000
Colonel
Curt2000's Avatar
United_States
70
Rep
2,562
Posts

 
Drives: '13 ///M3
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sin City

iTrader: (24)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpowerdinny View Post
Santorini is the t!t5. There is always another option... get a standard exterior color and go with an Individual Interior. Interlagos Blue with Rust Brown or Caramel Interior. Mineral White with Platinum Interior with matching Platinum Alcantara Headlinger. Don't know if you can get some E46 interior like Jerez Black with Imola Red or Alpine White with Laguna Seca Blue. Silverstone with Cinnamon.
Mineral white with rust brown crossed my mind but I saw speed cloth and fell in love so I decided to spend the $$$ on the paint.
__________________

Current Car: '13 SANTORINI BLUE E92///M3--6MT/Speed Cloth/ZCP (ED Thread)
Former Cars:'10 E90 335i MSport / '07 Interlagos ///M5 / '09 135i / '10 E93 335i
Instagram: @C2KMotorsports
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 11:38 PM   #81
tpowerdinny
Specialist
8
Rep
672
Posts

 
Drives: A Tricycle
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NYC

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt2000 View Post
Mineral white with rust brown crossed my mind but I saw speed cloth and fell in love so I decided to spend the $$$ on the paint.
Sounds good to me. Can't lose with this one.

Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 05:55 AM   #82
Kradi
Private
Kradi's Avatar
2
Rep
65
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 F06 M6
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Santorini ........
The car sounds too good, don't change it !
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 11:40 AM   #83
llis
octane chick
llis's Avatar
United_States
23
Rep
1,133
Posts

 
Drives: Ms
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Colorado

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2003 BMW M5  [0.00]
2002 BMW 530i (fs)  [0.00]
2013 BMW M3  [5.00]
Santorini is sexy. And it's 2013. What's a Smurf?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbennettksu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt2000 View Post
Talked with Francesca and she said they get a ton of requests for GTS rims but BMW says no port of entry installation, it has to be bought and installed at the dealer which means big $$$. I'll just have EAS powdercoat the OEM ZCPs.
Or get them from Turner.

Anyway, congrats!
__________________

2013 E92 ///M3 ZCP 6MT Speed Yellow 2003 E39 ///M5
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 05:39 PM   #84
Nantucket
Private First Class
Nantucket's Avatar
2
Rep
196
Posts

 
Drives: 2005 M3
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

What's the difference between Santorini Blue and Laguna Seca Blue?They both look like the same color.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 05:50 PM   #85
Curt2000
Colonel
Curt2000's Avatar
United_States
70
Rep
2,562
Posts

 
Drives: '13 ///M3
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sin City

iTrader: (24)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nantucket View Post
What's the difference between Santorini Blue and Laguna Seca Blue?They both look like the same color.
LSB has a turquoises hue to it where as Santorini is a little darker blue. Most photos don't do either of them justice...

Edit: here are two photos to compare.
Attached Images
  
__________________

Current Car: '13 SANTORINI BLUE E92///M3--6MT/Speed Cloth/ZCP (ED Thread)
Former Cars:'10 E90 335i MSport / '07 Interlagos ///M5 / '09 135i / '10 E93 335i
Instagram: @C2KMotorsports

Last edited by Curt2000; 01-31-2013 at 05:56 PM.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 06:17 PM   #86
PrometheusM3
Aquarian
United_States
2
Rep
293
Posts

 
Drives: LSB E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt2000 View Post
Sweet, lets just hope the incentives/programs hold! What color did you choose?
Laguna Seca Blue

While you're right about the turquoise hue (which I love - my final choice was between LSB and Atlantis), LSB looks so differently depending on the light. Under the type of bright florescent lighting you find in gas stations and some parking garages, LSB takes on a purple-ish hue that is almost Santorini-like. (I attached a pic of my E46 to show it a little bit, although pictures never, as you note, do it justice.)

You picked one of the best colors available from BMW, period. Congrats on not listening to all the people in this thread who told you to save your money. You can't put a price on Individuality.

Can't wait until April!

Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 09:46 PM   #87
Curt2000
Colonel
Curt2000's Avatar
United_States
70
Rep
2,562
Posts

 
Drives: '13 ///M3
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sin City

iTrader: (24)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrometheusM3 View Post
Laguna Seca Blue

While you're right about the turquoise hue (which I love - my final choice was between LSB and Atlantis), LSB looks so differently depending on the light. Under the type of bright florescent lighting you find in gas stations and some parking garages, LSB takes on a purple-ish hue that is almost Santorini-like. (I attached a pic of my E46 to show it a little bit, although pictures never, as you note, do it justice.)

You picked one of the best colors available from BMW, period. Congrats on not listening to all the people in this thread who told you to save your money. You can't put a price on Individuality.

Can't wait until April!

Sweet, we should definitely snap some shots if the cars are at the dealership at the same time to do a LSB/SB comparison.
__________________

Current Car: '13 SANTORINI BLUE E92///M3--6MT/Speed Cloth/ZCP (ED Thread)
Former Cars:'10 E90 335i MSport / '07 Interlagos ///M5 / '09 135i / '10 E93 335i
Instagram: @C2KMotorsports
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 09:50 PM   #88
Dem3ern
Herro!
Dem3ern's Avatar
Germany
1
Rep
64
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: SE Michigan

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
If you want to take care of the frozen paint id do Frozen Brilliant White or Frozen MCB... if not id do Santorini since you dont have MCB regular as an option
__________________
2008 E92 335i | Fully Loaded | 6MT | Monaco Blue | Cream Beige | Titanium Shadow Trim
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:52 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST