BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-30-2013, 06:30 PM   #23
Z K
Colonel
Z K's Avatar
United_States
26
Rep
2,174
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3, MK6 GLI
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomislav View Post
If that was the case you couldn't have a navigation unit attached to the windscreen also.
Technically, you can't have an navigation unit attached to the windshield in California. It has to be attached to the dashboard and not obstruct the view. I have yet to see someone get a ticket for that.. but they can if they wanted to.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 06:34 PM   #24
chuckvic
Private First Class
1
Rep
135
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 M3 DCT Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: el paso

iTrader: (0)

put a sticker same size location that is supportive to police and or american flag. See if you get %&*^ for that.

chuck
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 06:38 PM   #25
j2m
Colonel
j2m's Avatar
Canada
48
Rep
2,452
Posts

 
Drives: '11 E92 M3 DCT
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Calgary, Ab

iTrader: (8)

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by System Of A... View Post
So I put on my front plates and went to CHP today to get a few plate tickets signed off.

I get there, and the officer refuses to sign off any of my fix it tickets until I remove my MFEST sticker. Apparently it is obstructing my view of the road, even though it is on the passenger side and SO insignificant that it is comical. I had no choice but to rip it off. Fucking cunt of an officer.

For reference this is where my MFEST sticker was.

(I reattached the german flag after lol.)

Anyway the point is that I have never been hassled for this sticker EVER, And ive been pulled over countless times. Whats with some cops using their unlimited "discretion" to make up laws?? Any officers here wanna chime in? Do you think the course of action taken by Mr. piggy was justified? Does this sticker put anyone into danger? Im pretty mad. I liked that sticker :I
At least you didn't leave any way for anyone to find out who is calling the officer a fucking cunt
Attached Images
 
__________________

11' E92 M3 Space Grey | DCT | ESS VT2- 625 | Gintani Race (valved) + Quad Res Catless X-Pipe | KW Sleeve's | GC Camber Plates|Arkym Diffuser | Vorsteiner VRS Lip | P3 Boost Guage | Stud Conversion
PHOTO's: Click Here ESS VT2 625 PHOTOS: Click Here
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 06:41 PM   #26
Edjay
First Lieutenant
3
Rep
351
Posts

 
Drives: 08 E90 AW, 76 2002
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sacoftomatoes Ca

iTrader: (0)

If it bothered you that much and if you feel that he was just being a cunt, then why not move on to another station and try to get another officer to sign it off?
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 06:46 PM   #27
System Of A...
Captain
System Of A...'s Avatar
Armenia
22
Rep
865
Posts

 
Drives: e93 M3
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: 818

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW e93 M3  [3.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edjay
If it bothered you that much and if you feel that he was just being a cunt, then why not move on to another station and try to get another officer to sign it off?
Nearest one other than that was at least 25 miles away..i had shit to do
__________________
Gintani 4.6l S65 | Gintani Race Catless Exhaust | Gintani CF Race lip
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 06:47 PM   #28
System Of A...
Captain
System Of A...'s Avatar
Armenia
22
Rep
865
Posts

 
Drives: e93 M3
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: 818

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW e93 M3  [3.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by j2m
Quote:
Originally Posted by System Of A... View Post
So I put on my front plates and went to CHP today to get a few plate tickets signed off.

I get there, and the officer refuses to sign off any of my fix it tickets until I remove my MFEST sticker. Apparently it is obstructing my view of the road, even though it is on the passenger side and SO insignificant that it is comical. I had no choice but to rip it off. Fucking cunt of an officer.

For reference this is where my MFEST sticker was.

(I reattached the german flag after lol.)

Anyway the point is that I have never been hassled for this sticker EVER, And ive been pulled over countless times. Whats with some cops using their unlimited "discretion" to make up laws?? Any officers here wanna chime in? Do you think the course of action taken by Mr. piggy was justified? Does this sticker put anyone into danger? Im pretty mad. I liked that sticker :I
At least you didn't leave any way for anyone to find out who is calling the officer a fucking cunt
Omg quick someone put an armed guard outside my house! Officer cunt might come after me!
__________________
Gintani 4.6l S65 | Gintani Race Catless Exhaust | Gintani CF Race lip
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 06:48 PM   #29
onnex
Major
onnex's Avatar
United_States
32
Rep
1,043
Posts

 
Drives: 2011.5 E92 M3
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Encinitas

iTrader: (13)

Garage List
2011 E92 M3  [4.67]
Send a message via AIM to onnex
damn, i have to go in to get one signed off and was worried they might not without a front plate + tinted windows. Bummer to hear OP, could have been worse.
__________________
2011 Matte Metallic Blue E92 M3 | 6MT | Black Novillo / Black Carbon Leather | 20" DPE SP-SC 5 | LS3 V1 LEDs + full blackout | Full Amuse Ericsson Kit | Test Pipes + IPE | RD Sport Springs |
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 06:50 PM   #30
Brucewonder
Lieutenant Colonel
Brucewonder's Avatar
17
Rep
1,544
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 yea boi
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Socal

iTrader: (4)

never understood those stickers.....

officer is being a douche, like most SoCal ones
__________________
2011.5 E92 ///M3 SSII/FR
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 06:53 PM   #31
Sean05
Putcha ang ganda...
Sean05's Avatar
Philippines
89
Rep
5,331
Posts

 
Drives: 08 MR E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Los Angeles, Brea CA.

iTrader: (9)

Send a message via Yahoo to Sean05
sorry but i cant blame the officer going inside a CHP to have your car check its practically calling for it..

although SOCAL cops sometimes can be an ass but hey Most of my family are in the field. so i tend to follow the rules to avoid any hassle..
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 06:54 PM   #32
Lorde
Ya ya ya, I am Lorde, ya ya!
Lorde's Avatar
No_Country
32
Rep
2,523
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3, 2015 SQ5
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Snig

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E90  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by j2m View Post
At least you didn't leave any way for anyone to find out who is calling the officer a fucking cunt
Sloooooooooooooooooooooow Clap.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 06:56 PM   #33
System Of A...
Captain
System Of A...'s Avatar
Armenia
22
Rep
865
Posts

 
Drives: e93 M3
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: 818

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW e93 M3  [3.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by onnex
damn, i have to go in to get one signed off and was worried they might not without a front plate + tinted windows. Bummer to hear OP, could have been worse.
They really go through the entire car even if the ticket is just for plates. Watch out you dont get more than what you came in with bro
__________________
Gintani 4.6l S65 | Gintani Race Catless Exhaust | Gintani CF Race lip
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 07:05 PM   #34
MRV99
Lieutenant
MRV99's Avatar
United_States
7
Rep
503
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 M3 DCT / 2012 X5 50i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Naperville

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Explain the difference between no plate (illegal) and objects which block the view out the wind screen(illegal). If you get a ticket for speeding the the cop a f$&king cunt for you breaking the law? Let just hope you never really need the f$&king cunt cop to protect or assist you in anyway. But from your post, it sounds like you would never need them f$&king cunts anyway.
__________________

12 X5 50i Sport w/ Adaptive drive -- 11 M3 DCT
--- Laid to rest----
2011 X5 50i (Lemon) -- 2008 550 Msport -- 2007 x5 4.8 sport -- 2004 545 sport -- 2002 x5 4.4 sport -- 2001 540i Msport 2000 SL500 -- 1997 SL500
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 07:16 PM   #35
JAM3S
Captain
JAM3S's Avatar
7
Rep
601
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Charlotte

iTrader: (1)

LOL @ all the butt hurt on display in this thread.

The cop was hassling him and on a power trip.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 07:36 PM   #36
Vic311
Banned
United_States
17
Rep
1,469
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 e92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM3S View Post
LOL @ all the butt hurt on display in this thread.

The cop was hassling him and on a power trip.
Well its a bit extreme calling the guy a cunt for just doing his job ..will chalk it up to a momentary fit of sticker rage by the OP
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 07:49 PM   #37
Blindside_137
Major General
Blindside_137's Avatar
United_States
70
Rep
5,884
Posts

 
Drives: '09 E93 Space Gray 328
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC // Blacksburg, VA

iTrader: (1)

Can't you just get another sticker? lol
__________________
M3 Edition Grilles|Painted Reflectors|Matte Black Vinyl Window Trim|CF Performance Spoiler|35% Tint|19" Satin Black Avant Garde M359|Lux H8 V3
OEM Aero Lip|M3 Side Skirts|LCI Tails|M-tech Rear|Duke Dynamics CF Performance|Cyba 4.0 Black Chrome
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 07:51 PM   #38
manari06
Major
manari06's Avatar
Germany
28
Rep
1,010
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 Mineral White
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Illesheim, Germany

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2013 BMW M3 E92  [4.75]
2007 335I Coupe  [5.00]
He was mad because he can't afford an M with his miserable cop pay!!!
__________________
I Am The Strength Behind The Fight!
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 08:32 PM   #39
Mr. ///M3 RD
Major General
Mr. ///M3 RD's Avatar
Canada
147
Rep
7,863
Posts

 
Drives: E350 & 280 SL on Weekends :)
Join Date: May 2010
Location: GTA, Ontario - Canada

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by System Of A... View Post
... 4 letter word ...
Task ... Task ... Task ... we have some fine officers here as members, don't use 4 letter words in future and change your plate photo I recommend it highly
__________________
Cheers, Rolf-Dieter

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 08:39 PM   #40
Transfer
Lieutenant Colonel
Transfer's Avatar
United_States
24
Rep
1,689
Posts

 
Drives: SQ5, X1
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (0)

All this rage and insults on LEOs over a sticker? I'm glad that peeps in Seattle are cool and respectful. Some of you guys suck.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 08:40 PM   #41
Vic311
Banned
United_States
17
Rep
1,469
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 e92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindside_137 View Post
Can't you just get another sticker? lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
All this rage and insults on LEOs over a sticker? I'm glad that peeps in Seattle are cool and respectful. Some of you guys suck.
Apparently he had grown quite attached to "that" one..lol
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 08:52 PM   #42
System Of A...
Captain
System Of A...'s Avatar
Armenia
22
Rep
865
Posts

 
Drives: e93 M3
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: 818

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW e93 M3  [3.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRV99
Explain the difference between no plate (illegal) and objects which block the view out the wind screen(illegal). If you get a ticket for speeding the the cop a f$&king cunt for you breaking the law? Let just hope you never really need the f$&king cunt cop to protect or assist you in anyway. But from your post, it sounds like you would never need them f$&king cunts anyway.
If you think an MFEST sticker on the passenger side blocks my view then I have nothing to say to you
__________________
Gintani 4.6l S65 | Gintani Race Catless Exhaust | Gintani CF Race lip
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 09:04 PM   #43
spdy330
Major General
spdy330's Avatar
United_States
100
Rep
6,074
Posts

 
Drives: 05 Tundra, 11 M3, 08 Odyssey
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chino, CA

iTrader: (161)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to spdy330 Send a message via Yahoo to spdy330
Op it does suck but I believe she was following the law.

See link: http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d12/vc26708.htm

It it obvious in this thread that you were not following the law thus the reason you were there getting plate tickets signed off. This is probably what made her do it as you stated you had more than one.

If you like the sticker just buy another and call it a day .
__________________
If you will be purchasing ANY AT&T services online or in store could you mention that you were referred by me? My Employee Referral ID is eo4489. This would be a great help and it costs you nothing, thank you!
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 09:15 PM   #44
System Of A...
Captain
System Of A...'s Avatar
Armenia
22
Rep
865
Posts

 
Drives: e93 M3
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: 818

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW e93 M3  [3.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by spdy330
Op it does suck but I believe she was following the law.

See link: http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d12/vc26708.htm

It it obvious in this thread that you were not following the law thus the reason you were there getting plate tickets signed off. This is probably what made her do it as you stated you had more than one.

If you like the sticker just buy another and call it a day .
"(3) Signs, stickers, or other materials that are displayed in a seven-inch square in the lower corner of the windshield farthest removed from the driver, signs, stickers, or other materials that are displayed in a seven-inch square in the lower corner of the rear window farthest removed from the driver, or signs, stickers, or other materials that are displayed in a five-inch square in the lower corner of the windshield nearest the driver."

Correct me If im wrong, but this is the segment that applies to the current situation. I check out clean since the sticker was on the other side of the windshield, and not on the lower corner.

Regardless, no sane human being can claim that this contour of letters obstructs my view. Nobody. Because it doesnt.

But yes, i will buy another one. Perhaps even 2, just incase this happens again and i can put it on immediately after they sign it off xD
__________________
Gintani 4.6l S65 | Gintani Race Catless Exhaust | Gintani CF Race lip
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:39 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST