BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California
 
INDustry distribution
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-21-2013, 04:02 PM   #67
badazzm
Lieutenant
 
badazzm's Avatar
 
Drives: RRS GT2
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Jose, CA

Posts: 543
iTrader: (1)

In general, e46 M3 owners do have more attitude than e92 M3 owners. Yesterday, I gave a nod to a convertible graphite e46 M3 owner at the fisherman's wharf while waiting at a light. He had his top down and just stared at me while passing. Did no nod back or anything. And he was old. Like mid 30's. Some people need to get off their high horses.
badazzm is offline   India
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2013, 11:10 AM   #68
blackmist222777
Captain
 
blackmist222777's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: SF Bay Area

Posts: 780
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by badazzm View Post
In general, e46 M3 owners do have more attitude than e92 M3 owners. Yesterday, I gave a nod to a convertible graphite e46 M3 owner at the fisherman's wharf while waiting at a light. He had his top down and just stared at me while passing. Did no nod back or anything. And he was old. Like mid 30's. Some people need to get off their high horses.
Ha! funny to hear "thirties" as being old... at the Berkeley meet this past saturday there was an older fellow in a E46M3. he couldnt help but to act a little arrogant cause he had some shiny wheels that my friend was checking out. full disclosure, i think they were some generic BS wheel too... however the the guy just started braggin about turning heads as he drives by...
sheeesh... does anyone remember the definition of being humble?
__________________

2011 E92 BMW M3 AW (current)
2004 E46 BMW M3 TIAG
2004 E46 BMW M3 LSB
blackmist222777 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2013, 11:33 AM   #69
Z K
Colonel
 
Z K's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: San Francisco

Posts: 2,093
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by badazzm View Post
You obviously missed the point buddy. Not ranting but I just can't tolerate stupid people. The guy thought I probably drive a shitty car and kept raving about his e46 M3. He met me first time. For him, it was a big achievement to drive an e46 M3 at age of 26 with his own money. If you drive a Lambo or Ferrari at age 26, yes you are successful. Driving a $30k car is not. I am 25 and paid for my car on my own. And I know for a fact that I am way behind success.
While I don't think anyone should brag, owning a $30K car while 26 is a big deal. When I was that age, I couldn't afford that. After rent, bills, repaying school loans and other costs, $30K is quite a lot of money for a car. What you mean by "success" is totally in your mind. Not everyone measures success in terms of how much money you have.
Z K is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2013, 12:00 PM   #70
Wendall
***Major MammelToe
 
Wendall's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 SG coupe
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Orange County, CA

Posts: 1,146
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by badazzm View Post
In general, e46 M3 owners do have more attitude than e92 M3 owners. Yesterday, I gave a nod to a convertible graphite e46 M3 owner at the fisherman's wharf while waiting at a light. He had his top down and just stared at me while passing. Did no nod back or anything. And he was old. Like mid 30's. Some people need to get off their high horses.
OLD! you muthafka!

Just kididng but it is really funny how 30's is old now. I think opposite. I have late 40's friends and I think they are still pretty young in the looks and personality department... im 35 so im almost a wizard to you.
__________________
E92 M3 SG DCT - AA Filter, Verstraβe Paddles, ECS SS, MH race stud, Stoptech BBK, MR Exhaust,RE Pulley, BPM Tune,Euro bumper and GTS lip, Euro MDM & DCT, KW CS, Recaro PP, TMS Soild Diff Mounts, MRF solid subframe mounts, GTS aero, RPM track built motor.

Wendall is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2013, 02:24 PM   #71
My 10th BMW
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2011.5 M3
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: socal

Posts: 140
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by badazzm View Post
In general, e46 M3 owners do have more attitude than e92 M3 owners. Yesterday, I gave a nod to a convertible graphite e46 M3 owner at the fisherman's wharf while waiting at a light. He had his top down and just stared at me while passing. Did no nod back or anything. And he was old. Like mid 30's. Some people need to get off their high horses.
Old
My age is the same # as the cost of My car.
But I bet I will spend 100K on a car before Im 100 years old
My 10th BMW is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2013, 02:24 PM   #72
badazzm
Lieutenant
 
badazzm's Avatar
 
Drives: RRS GT2
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Jose, CA

Posts: 543
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmist222777 View Post
Ha! funny to hear "thirties" as being old... at the Berkeley meet this past saturday there was an older fellow in a E46M3. he couldnt help but to act a little arrogant cause he had some shiny wheels that my friend was checking out. full disclosure, i think they were some generic BS wheel too... however the the guy just started braggin about turning heads as he drives by...
sheeesh... does anyone remember the definition of being humble?
Well there you go. I don't know what wrong with people. When I used to own a bike, everyone gives you nod while riding. Why can't M people be like that? I always nod or do thumbs up but 75% time I get nothing back. I end up looking stupid in front of my gf or friends.
badazzm is offline   India
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2013, 02:27 PM   #73
badazzm
Lieutenant
 
badazzm's Avatar
 
Drives: RRS GT2
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Jose, CA

Posts: 543
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
While I don't think anyone should brag, owning a $30K car while 26 is a big deal. When I was that age, I couldn't afford that. After rent, bills, repaying school loans and other costs, $30K is quite a lot of money for a car. What you mean by "success" is totally in your mind. Not everyone measures success in terms of how much money you have.
I am sorry sir. I got your point. But all I was saying that I wouldn't go numb if a skyline or lambo pulled up next to me because I didn't brag to those guys about my car. As I said earlier, I am always nice and very humble to people. But I love it when people end up looking stupid because they brag about something to someone without knowing about the other person's possession.
badazzm is offline   India
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2013, 02:28 PM   #74
badazzm
Lieutenant
 
badazzm's Avatar
 
Drives: RRS GT2
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Jose, CA

Posts: 543
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggynuts01 View Post
OLD! you muthafka!

Just kididng but it is really funny how 30's is old now. I think opposite. I have late 40's friends and I think they are still pretty young in the looks and personality department... im 35 so im almost a wizard to you.
I am so very sorry sir! I didn't mean to say mid 30's is old. Just older than me. Old would be def mid to late 40's. You are the superior being
badazzm is offline   India
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2013, 02:30 PM   #75
badazzm
Lieutenant
 
badazzm's Avatar
 
Drives: RRS GT2
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Jose, CA

Posts: 543
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by My 10th BMW View Post
Old
My age is the same # as the cost of My car.
But I bet I will spend 100K on a car before Im 100 years old
That doesn't matter. What matters is how much fun you have had in your past life. I still have a long way to go but I hope I can drive 10's BMW by that time!
badazzm is offline   India
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2013, 02:43 PM   #76
Wendall
***Major MammelToe
 
Wendall's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 SG coupe
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Orange County, CA

Posts: 1,146
iTrader: (3)





Quote:
Originally Posted by badazzm View Post
I am so very sorry sir! I didn't mean to say mid 30's is old. Just older than me. Old would be def mid to late 40's. You are the superior being
__________________
E92 M3 SG DCT - AA Filter, Verstraβe Paddles, ECS SS, MH race stud, Stoptech BBK, MR Exhaust,RE Pulley, BPM Tune,Euro bumper and GTS lip, Euro MDM & DCT, KW CS, Recaro PP, TMS Soild Diff Mounts, MRF solid subframe mounts, GTS aero, RPM track built motor.

Wendall is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2013, 04:49 PM   #77
My 10th BMW
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2011.5 M3
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: socal

Posts: 140
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by badazzm View Post
That doesn't matter. What matters is how much fun you have had in your past life. I still have a long way to go but I hope I can drive 10's BMW by that time!
Your so right !
Life is too short, so enjoy it to the fullest.
My 10th BMW is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-23-2013, 01:02 AM   #78
azndrunk74
New Member
 
Drives: e46 m3
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: United States

Posts: 7
iTrader: (0)

damn, i'll def be on the lookout for this douche. i should actually start taking pics as well...i'd have a decent collection by now lol.
__________________
azndrunk74 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-23-2013, 01:03 AM   #79
blackmist222777
Captain
 
blackmist222777's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: SF Bay Area

Posts: 780
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by azndrunk74 View Post
damn, i'll def be on the lookout for this douche. i should actually start taking pics as well...i'd have a decent collection by now lol.
serious~!
__________________

2011 E92 BMW M3 AW (current)
2004 E46 BMW M3 TIAG
2004 E46 BMW M3 LSB
blackmist222777 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-24-2013, 05:48 PM   #80
Sakred
Private
 
Sakred's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 GTR Black Edition
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: The City of Angels

Posts: 69
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZBE92 View Post
this is what happens when you don't hit your kids
True statement.
__________________
Sakred is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2013, 07:03 PM   #81
meez
Sloppy Seconds Connoisseur
 
meez's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 DY E90 M3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: SoCal

Posts: 531
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucewonder View Post
thats what happend when last gen M3s get too affordable. Same is happening for the e92m's soon
^ 100% True.

And it sucks I purchased my car brand new and a week later I am in a parking lot...
Some dude walks up to me and asks "how much you get that for? 45K?" And continued to speak about his "cousin" who just bought my exact car for 45k.

I just gave him a smile and pretended I didn't speak english... Just to avoid a possible /elitistdouchebag moment.
meez is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-25-2013, 07:11 PM   #82
Z K
Colonel
 
Z K's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: San Francisco

Posts: 2,093
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by meez View Post
^ 100% True.

And it sucks I purchased my car brand new and a week later I am in a parking lot...
Some dude walks up to me and asks "how much you get that for? 45K?" And continued to speak about his "cousin" who just bought my exact car for 45k.

I just gave him a smile and pretended I didn't speak english... Just to avoid a possible /elitistdouchebag moment.
What a dumbass...

I've seen that before. When you tell someone you paid a high price or brand new price, they always think you paid too much and they can or had a better deal.

Used cars are a mixed bag too. The cars may look exactly the same on paper - mileage, price, color, options etc... but you go see the two in person and they are totally different. No two cars are the same. So you can't just say, "Oh, those cars go for $45k" and apply that to all the cars. That $45K car may be great or it may be a lemon. KBB doesn't know the difference.
Z K is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-27-2013, 12:57 AM   #83
dagolfpro
Lieutenant Colonel
 
dagolfpro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Posts: 1,838
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by badazzm View Post
Well there you go. I don't know what wrong with people. When I used to own a bike, everyone gives you nod while riding. Why can't M people be like that? I always nod or do thumbs up but 75% time I get nothing back. I end up looking stupid in front of my gf or friends.
When I owned a bike, I gave a friendly nod to all other bikers, but it was not always returned. Guys on Harley's and Gold Wings were really bad about it. I think it's the same with other M drivers.
__________________
2011 E90 AW | DCT | ZCP | ZCV | ZCW | ZP2 | Prem Sound | Moonroof | BMW Apps |
Evolve Exhaust | M Perf Steering Wheel | Tint | Lux | Painted Reflectors | Hardwired V1 | KW V3 | Volshlag CP | Brembo BBK | 18" Volks TE37SL Pressed Graphite | Yokohama AD08 | Schroth 4 Point Harness | Challenge GT Diffuser | I lied earlier, I wasn't done with mod, but I swear, I'm done now, no more mods...
dagolfpro is offline   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
      01-27-2013, 12:51 PM   #84
meez
Sloppy Seconds Connoisseur
 
meez's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 DY E90 M3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: SoCal

Posts: 531
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagolfpro View Post
When I owned a bike, I gave a friendly nod to all other bikers, but it was not always returned. Guys on Harley's and Gold Wings were really bad about it. I think it's the same with other M drivers.
I have only run into a few friendly M owners who I would give a head nod too, and they would respond positively. The majority of the M drivers will just scoff at me and look forward again.

I noticed in my Acura RSX, 90% of the people would gesture back to me in a positive way.
Subarus are REALLY good with this. It seems like every time I drive around in my friends STi, every other STi or Impreza owner will give him a thumbs up... And we respond with a smile.

I am sorry to admit it guys, but we drive the Ultimate Douche Machine.
meez is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-27-2013, 01:03 PM   #85
Talk2meg00se
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 488
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by meez View Post
I have only run into a few friendly M owners who I would give a head nod too, and they would respond positively. The majority of the M drivers will just scoff at me and look forward again.

I noticed in my Acura RSX, 90% of the people would gesture back to me in a positive way.
Subarus are REALLY good with this. It seems like every time I drive around in my friends STi, every other STi or Impreza owner will give him a thumbs up... And we respond with a smile.

I am sorry to admit it guys, but we drive the Ultimate Douche Machine.
I think that it's an LA thing. When I had my M3 in PHX, virtually all M drivers waved or responded to a wave.

Majority of M drivers in SoCal are apparently too cool for school.
__________________
SSII | Speed cloth | Tint | LCI | 6MT | EDC | MS Stage 2 Intake | 240E + ESS Tune | MS Pulley | OEM GTS Wheels + Michelin Pilot S | MS Spacers | Akrapovic EVO (!) [+CF tips]
Talk2meg00se is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:55 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST