BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-25-2013, 07:56 PM   #155
jerseygirl
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2010 e92 m3
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: new jersey

Posts: 117
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nati Beastcat View Post
looks sweet
the only concern is the rear window. it seems small which could effect visability. maybe its just an optical illusion. car i think looks awesome
jerseygirl is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2013, 04:10 PM   #156
s2kroma
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: a new car
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Chicago IL

Posts: 340
iTrader: (0)

Love the new C7. Bet many of us M3 owners will move on with C7. It looks so much better then the new M4 (or the new 4 series)..
s2kroma is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2013, 04:16 PM   #157
alms211
Banned
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: MD

Posts: 746
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2kroma View Post
Love the new C7. Bet many of us M3 owners will move on with C7. It looks so much better then the new M4 (or the new 4 series)..
How do you know what the M4 will look like when it hasn't been released yet?

If the M4 ends up looking substantially like this, I'm all over it.
Attached Images
 
alms211 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2013, 04:42 PM   #158
LarThaL
Colonel
 
LarThaL's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 M3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: West Springfield, MA

Posts: 2,594
iTrader: (0)

Different cars here people. Pure full-tilt sports car vs. more conservative upright 2+2 sports coupe. Both hot, both appealing but the M4 will still feel more refined and the Vette will still be the better pure performer. The distinction will certainly be less than the current gen of the two cars, however.
__________________
Precision tool: 2011 BMW ///M3
Sledgehammer: 2014 Audi S6

LarThaL is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2013, 04:54 PM   #159
swanson
Convicted Felon
 
swanson's Avatar
 
Drives: chariot
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NY

Posts: 1,503
iTrader: (0)

So you believe the M4 or whatever the hell they call it, will be close in performance to the C7?
swanson is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2013, 05:05 PM   #160
alms211
Banned
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: MD

Posts: 746
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanson View Post
So you believe the M4 or whatever the hell they call it, will be close in performance to the C7?
Why wouldn't it be?....the base C6 and the base E92M3 were very comparable in performance. Mid 12 second 1/4 mile cars and within a second or two on most tracks. The big difference is that an average driver will be better in the M3 as it is easier to drive.

The new M3/M4 will have 450 HP and 400 ft lbs of torque. Yes, it will weigh 300-500 lbs more but it will be equipped with the big game changer....DCT. Put a comparable DCT in the C7 and look the F out. That thing would be sickening.
alms211 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2013, 06:33 PM   #161
fusionchicken
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: LS3 Z51 C6
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: socal

Posts: 372
iTrader: (0)

Ditto the DCT comment, I've always imagined a c6 z06/zr1 with a DCT...they would do some damage for sure. Lightweight, instant torque, super fast shifting = ftw.

V8tt with DCT in the next C7 Zed = gg
fusionchicken is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2013, 07:41 PM   #162
s2kroma
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: a new car
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Chicago IL

Posts: 340
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alms211 View Post
How do you know what the M4 will look like when it hasn't been released yet?

If the M4 ends up looking substantially like this, I'm all over it.
My opinion, you don't have to agree with me but I think when comparing both cars the C7 looks so much better
s2kroma is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2013, 08:59 PM   #163
sensi09
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: .
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: socal

Posts: 1,765
iTrader: (1)

I'll probably like it eventually, but after seeing these pictures....not so sure. I was initially impressed at the unveiling, but now think it looks quite futuristic and at the same time might not age well. I'm usually one to adopt new models, but still prefer the looks of the C6 at this point.


sensi09 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2013, 09:49 PM   #164
robotk
Second Lieutenant
 
robotk's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 m3
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: SE

Posts: 269
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensi09 View Post
I'll probably like it eventually, but after seeing these pictures....not so sure. I was initially impressed at the unveiling, but now think it looks quite futuristic and at the same time might not age well. I'm usually one to adopt new models, but still prefer the looks of the C6 at this point.


Yeah - that looks awful. There is a lot to like about the c7, but it's way too busy for my taste. I bet it looks much better in black (based on the little bit I can see from the car on the left)
robotk is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2013, 09:50 PM   #165
alms211
Banned
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: MD

Posts: 746
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2kroma View Post
My opinion, you don't have to agree with me but I think when comparing both cars the C7 looks so much better
Nothing wrong with that at all. Opinions are opinions and people like what they like. I have said many times that I think the C6 widebody vettes are one of the best looking cars on the road. Still not sold on the rear of the C7 but my guess is that it will grow on me.

The video posted in this thread is quite informative and the close up pictures of the seats and interior clearly shows what a drastic improvement Chevy has made with the C7 in that regard.

There is a good possibility that I will eat my words when I said I would never own another gOV Motors car again.
alms211 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2013, 10:06 PM   #166
LarThaL
Colonel
 
LarThaL's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 M3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: West Springfield, MA

Posts: 2,594
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensi09 View Post
I'll probably like it eventually, but after seeing these pictures....not so sure. I was initially impressed at the unveiling, but now think it looks quite futuristic and at the same time might not age well. I'm usually one to adopt new models, but still prefer the looks of the C6 at this point.


The rear of the C7 is it's most controversial styling aspect. Color makes a huge difference on this car, and I personally think the blue color is hideous with the unpainted/dark lower fascia. Makes the back end look very low budget. I used to absolutely hate the "bubble back" glass hatch of the old Vettes and love the look with a proper c-pillar design , however.
__________________
Precision tool: 2011 BMW ///M3
Sledgehammer: 2014 Audi S6

LarThaL is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2013, 10:20 PM   #167
Mr. ///M3 RD
Major General
 
Mr. ///M3 RD's Avatar
 
Drives: E350 & 280 SL on Weekends :)
Join Date: May 2010
Location: GTA, Ontario - Canada

Posts: 7,863
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I think the Chevrolet fellows have taken the gloves off ... the rest of the industry best be on guard ... some of the former clientele may move to the other side ...

Check it out ---> The new Stingray unless you seen it

Also Jay Leno had his first look and drive around the block

Video below

Enjoy ... once the video is up go to the lower right corner and put it on full screen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=rKrQrAn_hNA

I will wait for the ZR-1 version before I make any plans to change ,,, meanwhile I shall enjoy my ///M3
__________________
Cheers, Rolf-Dieter

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Mr. ///M3 RD is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2013, 10:20 PM   #168
Vic311
Banned
 
Drives: 2011 e92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: NY

Posts: 1,469
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alms211 View Post
The new M3/M4 will have 450 HP and 400 ft lbs of torque. Yes, it will weigh 300-500 lbs more but it will be equipped with the big game changer....DCT.
How do you know what the output and curb weights are?...since you aptly pointed out the car hasnt been released yet

Also how is DCT a big game changer? Its been around for 5 years. The Aventador's Graziano transmission shifting at 50 ms is a game changer
Vic311 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-27-2013, 12:46 AM   #169
sensi09
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: .
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: socal

Posts: 1,765
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotk View Post
Yeah - that looks awful. There is a lot to like about the c7, but it's way too busy for my taste. I bet it looks much better in black (based on the little bit I can see from the car on the left)
http://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=410


sensi09 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-27-2013, 08:42 AM   #170
alms211
Banned
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: MD

Posts: 746
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic311 View Post
How do you know what the output and curb weights are?...since you aptly pointed out the car hasnt been released yet

Also how is DCT a big game changer? Its been around for 5 years. The Aventador's Graziano transmission shifting at 50 ms is a game changer
The perfromance numbers have already been announced (within 10 HP and ft lbs tq). Are you telling me that the weight difference of the new M will not fall within 300-500 lbs of the C7?

Pay attention -- the game changer (i.e difference) between the C7 and the M3 is that the M3 HAS a DCT trans and the C7 DOES NOT. It's been that way since 2008-09. The comment wasn't meant to say that the DCT is new....anyone with a lick of common sense knew what I mean by the comment.
alms211 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-27-2013, 10:22 AM   #171
gatorfast
Colonel
 
gatorfast's Avatar
 
Drives: MR E90 M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SoFla

Posts: 2,592
iTrader: (3)

It's cool to see that the c7 will have the "rev match" feature on MT cars. As far as I know, the 370z was the only other vehicle to offer this. Never driven one, but it seems like a very cool feature.

One think I think the c7 misses on though is that the rev match toggle is done by paddles on the steering wheel. What is the point of that? It should have simply been a button near the shifter instead of paddles on the steering wheel which can be inadvertently hit. Seems like a big design flaw.
gatorfast is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-27-2013, 03:39 PM   #172
jqsmooth
Captain
 
jqsmooth's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 637
iTrader: (1)

The rear reminds me of Transformers.
__________________
2011 E92 l SSII l Fox Red l ZP2 l ZCW l ZCV l 19" l 6MT l DDC l EPS
2012 Toyota Prius C(my new daily).
2002 Nissan Pathfinder - 301.6K and Junked.
2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport - Rolled & Totalled.
1995 Cadillac Fleetwood - RIP.
jqsmooth is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-27-2013, 03:58 PM   #173
Vic311
Banned
 
Drives: 2011 e92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: NY

Posts: 1,469
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alms211 View Post
The perfromance numbers have already been announced (within 10 HP and ft lbs tq). Are you telling me that the weight difference of the new M will not fall within 300-500 lbs of the C7?
All speculation until the platform is released..everyone knows that the car makers are notorious for fooling around with specs and output numbers for a variety of reasons. The main ones being the EPA and insurance companies

Quote:
Originally Posted by alms211 View Post
Pay attention -- the game changer (i.e difference) between the C7 and the M3 is that the M3 HAS a DCT trans and the C7 DOES NOT. It's been that way since 2008-09. The comment wasn't meant to say that the DCT is new....anyone with a lick of common sense knew what I mean by the comment.
Oh I am paying attention and I do have common sense..The way you posted made it sound like the DCT is something special and new..meh.

That is a plus IMO, Corvette staying true to its lineage..go see what the MTs bring vs ATs..ehh..this is an old argument.//
Vic311 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-27-2013, 05:26 PM   #174
DocJohn
Second Lieutenant
 
DocJohn's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 251
iTrader: (0)

I've been looking at some of the real-world pics and the video from arizona... is it just me, or is the wheel to fender gap much larger on the street cars??? It looks like the real world models have 3-4 inches of gap above the wheel. The show cars have a mean-looking 1 inch gap?

I hope this is not how it's going to be! The car will look so much better "hunkered down"!
DocJohn is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-27-2013, 05:55 PM   #175
1MOREMOD
2014 Track Days - 11|Ridge 1:52:24|Pacific 1:35:72
 
1MOREMOD's Avatar
 
Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

Posts: 12,346
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocJohn View Post
I've been looking at some of the real-world pics and the video from arizona... is it just me, or is the wheel to fender gap much larger on the street cars??? It looks like the real world models have 3-4 inches of gap above the wheel. The show cars have a mean-looking 1 inch gap?

I hope this is not how it's going to be! The car will look so much better "hunkered down"!
your right looks like the dukes of hazard edition!
__________________

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
1MOREMOD is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-27-2013, 06:51 PM   #176
swanson
Convicted Felon
 
swanson's Avatar
 
Drives: chariot
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NY

Posts: 1,503
iTrader: (0)

Those are test cars. I'm sure the production cars will be lower
swanson is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:45 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST