BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos
 
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-29-2007, 01:21 AM   #23
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
 
ArmyBimmerDude's Avatar
 
Drives: Lola
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Georgia

Posts: 5,503
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to ArmyBimmerDude Send a message via Yahoo to ArmyBimmerDude
The look is meant to be intimidating. I mean when you're driving up to this thing, you're going to be in awe, unless you're just completely clueless to what you're driving next to.

As far as the $70k price tag, THAT car is more than worth it. Gentlemen, we're talking about the next gen Nissan Skyline GTR. The R33-34 price tag if you wanted to bring it to the states is around 100k. No one should complain about the price for this.

I just wanna see more colors, screw silver
__________________
2007 E92 Montego Blue 335i
ArmyBimmerDude is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2007, 02:43 AM   #24
spacedogg
Colonel
 
spacedogg's Avatar
 
Drives: Debadged
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC

Posts: 2,819
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyBimmerDude View Post
I just wanna see more colors, screw silver
+1

The blue they had on the R34 is sweet...that would be the colour to get this thing in.
spacedogg is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2007, 09:47 AM   #25
sdiver68
Expert Road Racer
 
Drives: 07 335i e90, 09 335i e93
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: St. Louis, MO

Posts: 1,330
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3This View Post
Yea its sad its like that .... but the average non-enthusiast will look at the GT-R as some crazy looking Nissan ...and think nothing more of it then a "Nissan" ... that was one of my arguments about why it should have been badged an Infiniti here ... so you can at least get a little "Status" for your 70K ... that and loaner cars when you need to take your GT-R in for service. Hopefully Nissan will do something like Chevy does for the Vett and offer a separate service dept for the GT-R.
I guess I don't look to my car's badge as a symbol for status. However, I agree with you that it should be an Infiniti for those who do, and for the better service departments, and customer service.
sdiver68 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2007, 09:59 AM   #26
EJ2000
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2008 G37
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: WI

Posts: 115
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacedogg View Post
+1

The blue they had on the R34 is sweet...that would be the colour to get this thing in.
Supposedly the car is only being offered in 4 colors. The 2 shades of silver we've seen so far (lighter and darker) as well as white and black.
EJ2000 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2007, 11:33 AM   #27
Vegas_Sirk
Its All About The Offset
 
Vegas_Sirk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Where you come to vacation and go home on probation: Vegas

Posts: 3,544
iTrader: (11)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to Vegas_Sirk
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyBimmerDude View Post

As far as the $70k price tag, THAT car is more than worth it. Gentlemen, we're talking about the next gen Nissan Skyline GTR. The R33-34 price tag if you wanted to bring it to the states is around 100k. No one should complain about the price for this.
)
The reason is cost 100K for a R34 here is crash testing, import fees, DOT paper work, and the fact they have to disassemble the car and put crash beams in them prior to being road ready for the US.

The new car will be made for all countries so those issues will not be at hand. The regular cost of the R34 in Japan was between 45-60K ...so hopefully the pricing stays the same or only increases no more then 5K
________
Carroll Shelby
________
BUDDHISM ADVICE
________
Lamborghini Lm001
________
LIVE SEX
________
Vape info

Last edited by Vegas_Sirk; 09-19-2011 at 09:55 AM.
Vegas_Sirk is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2007, 11:36 AM   #28
spacedogg
Colonel
 
spacedogg's Avatar
 
Drives: Debadged
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC

Posts: 2,819
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ2000 View Post
Supposedly the car is only being offered in 4 colors. The 2 shades of silver we've seen so far (lighter and darker) as well as white and black.
Damn. Hmm...they likely will introduce red and blue back into the mix after the first year.

And no doubt a yellow or sunburnt orange (a la the 350z) will come in much later in the product cycle.
spacedogg is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2007, 04:40 PM   #29
Crea
First Lieutenant
 
Crea's Avatar
 
Drives: GTR Premium/M3/M5
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Van/HK

Posts: 303
iTrader: (0)

the R34 cost about 7 million yen back then, it was still 60-70K USD

it was never a cheap car
__________________

Vancouver - C63, S4
HK - M3, M5, SL500, Carrera 4S PDK, Cayenne S, Q7 4.2, R8 4.2, GTR Premium, Alphard 3.5
Crea is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2007, 05:18 PM   #30
OBI_agent
D to the X to the B!
 
OBI_agent's Avatar
 
Drives: ABS,American bargain supercar
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dubai

Posts: 2,094
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crea View Post
the R34 cost about 7 million yen back then, it was still 60-70K USD

it was never a cheap car
Cheap super car with easy mods?
OBI_agent is offline   United Arab Emirates
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2007, 05:33 PM   #31
mach330
You don't know JACK!!!
 
mach330's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 X5 35i
Join Date: May 2005
Location: The OC

Posts: 797
iTrader: (3)

Send a message via AIM to mach330 Send a message via Yahoo to mach330
so is this a 2 seater (like the Z) or a 2+2 (tight passenger like the G)?
__________________
Rated /// M
mach330 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2007, 05:34 PM   #32
Vegas_Sirk
Its All About The Offset
 
Vegas_Sirk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Where you come to vacation and go home on probation: Vegas

Posts: 3,544
iTrader: (11)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to Vegas_Sirk
Quote:
Originally Posted by mach330 View Post
so is this a 2 seater (like the Z) or a 2+2 (tight passenger like the G)?

2+2 just like a 911
________
Toyota T Transmission
________
Yamaha Vino 125
________
MARIJUANA
________
AdorableAss
________
AnyWishes

Last edited by Vegas_Sirk; 09-19-2011 at 09:56 AM.
Vegas_Sirk is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2007, 06:59 PM   #33
SpecC
Completely obsessed with detailing
 
SpecC's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 SG 330i, white Scion tC
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Francisco and Davis

Posts: 15,442
iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to SpecC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crea View Post
the R34 cost about 7 million yen back then, it was still 60-70K USD

it was never a cheap car
but it always responded well to mods
SpecC is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-30-2007, 12:37 AM   #34
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
 
ArmyBimmerDude's Avatar
 
Drives: Lola
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Georgia

Posts: 5,503
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to ArmyBimmerDude Send a message via Yahoo to ArmyBimmerDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crea View Post
the R34 cost about 7 million yen back then, it was still 60-70K USD

it was never a cheap car
So then the price tag for this one, 65-70k is fair. I dont know how people can not understand why is costs what it does.
__________________
2007 E92 Montego Blue 335i
ArmyBimmerDude is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-30-2007, 02:07 AM   #35
Crea
First Lieutenant
 
Crea's Avatar
 
Drives: GTR Premium/M3/M5
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Van/HK

Posts: 303
iTrader: (0)

and for the price of a Z-Tuned which was around 200k USD wasnt outragerous either.

For those that wanted their R34 to have the same performance, there is no way you can dump less then another 100k into the car. not to mention you gotta kiss your warranty goodbye.

i know alot of R34 owners actually dump twice as much into their GTR to make it go around 800HP, and its constantly in the shop for more tuning. and the only reason u can spend so much in this car is just that there is unlimited amount of mods.

u can say its cheap for the amount of power in can potentially produce, since 600+ HP is supercar territory.
__________________

Vancouver - C63, S4
HK - M3, M5, SL500, Carrera 4S PDK, Cayenne S, Q7 4.2, R8 4.2, GTR Premium, Alphard 3.5
Crea is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-30-2007, 03:11 PM   #36
iatacs19
Major General
 
iatacs19's Avatar
 
Drives: 335is
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC

Posts: 5,206
iTrader: (6)

I'd like to see that army green from the R34.
iatacs19 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-30-2007, 03:30 PM   #37
Vegas_Sirk
Its All About The Offset
 
Vegas_Sirk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Where you come to vacation and go home on probation: Vegas

Posts: 3,544
iTrader: (11)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to Vegas_Sirk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crea View Post
and for the price of a Z-Tuned which was around 200k USD wasnt outragerous either.

For those that wanted their R34 to have the same performance, there is no way you can dump less then another 100k into the car. not to mention you gotta kiss your warranty goodbye.

i know alot of R34 owners actually dump twice as much into their GTR to make it go around 800HP, and its constantly in the shop for more tuning. and the only reason u can spend so much in this car is just that there is unlimited amount of mods.

u can say its cheap for the amount of power in can potentially produce, since 600+ HP is supercar territory.
The Z Tuned was actually around 100K US ... but demand was so high (Like buying an Enzo) that they where actually selling for around 200K US.

The Base GTR was really in the 50-60K US range when it was on sale in Japan ... if you look at used ones in Japan you will see they are like 30Kish now. Its just a matter of importing them that makes the price go up.
________
Judaism dicussion
________
Harley-davidson flhtc
________
Ship Sale
________
GLASS PIPE
________
HOW TO ROLL BLUNTS

Last edited by Vegas_Sirk; 09-19-2011 at 09:57 AM.
Vegas_Sirk is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-30-2007, 07:15 PM   #38
Crea
First Lieutenant
 
Crea's Avatar
 
Drives: GTR Premium/M3/M5
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Van/HK

Posts: 303
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3This View Post
The Z Tuned was actually around 100K US ... but demand was so high (Like buying an Enzo) that they where actually selling for around 200K US.

The Base GTR was really in the 50-60K US range when it was on sale in Japan ... if you look at used ones in Japan you will see they are like 30Kish now. Its just a matter of importing them that makes the price go up.
Z-Tuned's MSRP was 20,000,000 yen

and if you got a qualified R34, Nismo could tune it into Z-Tuned Spec for 13-15 million yen

R34 GTR started from late 5m, V-Spec II was close to 6.7m, then the M-Spec, NuR and N1 versions were well over 7m

yen and USD were an easy conversion, its pretty much roughly removing the last 2 zeros and you get the USD price.
__________________

Vancouver - C63, S4
HK - M3, M5, SL500, Carrera 4S PDK, Cayenne S, Q7 4.2, R8 4.2, GTR Premium, Alphard 3.5
Crea is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-30-2007, 08:41 PM   #39
Cadillac Johnson
Free taco with stolen base
 
Cadillac Johnson's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i? GTR? RS5?
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Milwaukee

Posts: 639
iTrader: (0)

Arent there going to be three models of the GT-R?

If I recall the base model was 460hp

the Spec-V had like 500hp and some other performance bits

then the EVO model with 550hp and was over 200lbs lighter

Does anyone remember reading anything about this?

I'll see if I can find the article that mentioned it.

*EDIT*

Alright here it is, some of the pictures look like they are photochopped to show the expected design. Also there is a translation below that talks about the different models I was refering to.



The standard GTR is expected to start at $57K while the V Spec and EVO Spec will start at $67K and $94K respectively. Both a 6 speed and an advanced paddle shifting automatic are to be available. The Standard GTR and Spec V will be equipped with a 480HP version of the VQHRTT engine(displacement is either 3.7 or 3.8L as it has not yet been confirmed). The GTR EVO will receive a 530HP version of the VQHRTT engine as well as being roughly 220lbs lighter then the standard GTR, coming with light weight seats, a larger more aerodynamic rear spoiler, large ceramic brake rotors, and a revised Altessa AWD geared for more track use.
__________________
lllM

Last edited by Cadillac Johnson; 08-30-2007 at 09:04 PM.
Cadillac Johnson is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-30-2007, 08:48 PM   #40
UKRBMW
Private First Class
 
Drives: Working on it
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Raleigh, NC

Posts: 114
iTrader: (0)

Just like anything else, as soon as they become readily available they will depreciate like any other car. Look at the Z06, they were selling for 100K, not you can find them for under 60K with less than 10K miles.

I think by the time I'm done with the 335I, all the people waiting on their orders would've gotten theirs and now they will be sitting on the lot, ready to be picked up. It is a very great car, but why buy new if you're going mod everything on it? Buy a used one, when it's out of warranty.

But I have to tell you, I saw the new M3 when I was in Munic for my ED and that car looks incredible in person, it might not be as fast, but for potentially 10K less money it is an absolutely amazing car. I took some pictures of it and every now and again still sit and stare at it in amazement.
UKRBMW is offline   Ukraine
0
Reply With Quote
      08-30-2007, 08:50 PM   #41
!Xoible
Banned
 
Drives: ....
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: .

Posts: 46,037
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
Nissan couldnt even figure out a 6AT tranny man! they're like 20 years behind. Dont get me wrong. i love the car and all... i will just have to wait to hear it from the press release
!Xoible is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-30-2007, 09:38 PM   #42
OBI_agent
D to the X to the B!
 
OBI_agent's Avatar
 
Drives: ABS,American bargain supercar
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dubai

Posts: 2,094
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadillac Johnson View Post
Arent there going to be three models of the GT-R?

If I recall the base model was 460hp

the Spec-V had like 500hp and some other performance bits

then the EVO model with 550hp and was over 200lbs lighter

Does anyone remember reading anything about this?

I'll see if I can find the article that mentioned it.

*EDIT*

Alright here it is, some of the pictures look like they are photochopped to show the expected design. Also there is a translation below that talks about the different models I was refering to.


The standard GTR is expected to start at $57K while the V Spec and EVO Spec will start at $67K and $94K respectively. Both a 6 speed and an advanced paddle shifting automatic are to be available. The Standard GTR and Spec V will be equipped with a 480HP version of the VQHRTT engine(displacement is either 3.7 or 3.8L as it has not yet been confirmed). The GTR EVO will receive a 530HP version of the VQHRTT engine as well as being roughly 220lbs lighter then the standard GTR, coming with light weight seats, a larger more aerodynamic rear spoiler, large ceramic brake rotors, and a revised Altessa AWD geared for more track use.
I did read it before.......I am jus so excited about the 'NORMAL' gtr to come out ...anyway, the evo is going to be a track monster !
OBI_agent is offline   United Arab Emirates
0
Reply With Quote
      08-30-2007, 10:07 PM   #43
OBI_agent
D to the X to the B!
 
OBI_agent's Avatar
 
Drives: ABS,American bargain supercar
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dubai

Posts: 2,094
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKRBMW View Post
Just like anything else, as soon as they become readily available they will depreciate like any other car. Look at the Z06, they were selling for 100K, not you can find them for under 60K with less than 10K miles.

I think by the time I'm done with the 335I, all the people waiting on their orders would've gotten theirs and now they will be sitting on the lot, ready to be picked up. It is a very great car, but why buy new if you're going mod everything on it? Buy a used one, when it's out of warranty.

But I have to tell you, I saw the new M3 when I was in Munic for my ED and that car looks incredible in person, it might not be as fast, but for potentially 10K less money it is an absolutely amazing car. I took some pictures of it and every now and again still sit and stare at it in amazement.
100k for a ZO6??? Thats sad. Anyway, gotto agree with you...the M3 looks amazin. And the warranty issue, maybe something like the 'procede' will come out .... that can hide the mode and keep the warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantis View Post
Nissan couldnt even figure out a 6AT tranny man! they're like 20 years behind. Dont get me wrong. i love the car and all... i will just have to wait to hear it from the press release
True Bro...I will wait for the press release too....but who knows..maybe nissan went a step ahead...! Anyway 6 speed won't be that bad!
OBI_agent is offline   United Arab Emirates
0
Reply With Quote
      08-30-2007, 10:16 PM   #44
OBI_agent
D to the X to the B!
 
OBI_agent's Avatar
 
Drives: ABS,American bargain supercar
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dubai

Posts: 2,094
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKRBMW View Post

But I have to tell you, I saw the new M3 when I was in Munic for my ED and that car looks incredible in person, it might not be as fast, but for potentially 10K less money it is an absolutely amazing car. I took some pictures of it and every now and again still sit and stare at it in amazement.

Isn't skyline getting the same views which the 'Bangle design' got??? People either hate the design or love it..Its never in between..I for sure love it....its innovative and different!
OBI_agent is offline   United Arab Emirates
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:37 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST