BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

INDustry distribution

01-09-2011, 04:58 PM   #23
///M Ryder
Grown Azz Man
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011.5 Dinan ///M3

Has anyone put a clear coat of paint on the clears to combat the "yellowing" effect?.......Phil
2011.5 E92 Dinan///M3: SSII DCT- Comp, Prem 2, and Conv Pkg, Heated Seats, Enhanced Prem Sound, Edition Grills/Gills, M Performance Steering Wheel, Carbon Fiber Performance Spoiler, BMW Pedals, Dinan Exhaust, Dinan X-Pipe, Dinan Carbon Fiber Intake, Dinan Software Tune, Dinan DCT Tune, Dinan Pulley Kit, Dinan CH-R Wheels, Dinan Carbon Fiber Strut Tower Braces, Arkym Lip, IND M5 Mirror Caps, Carbon Reflectors, Lux H8 V3, Brembo 365mm BBK
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2013, 02:33 PM   #24
marepa
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2013 E92 Space Gray MT

these look interesting .. I would prefer them to be slightly more matte though .. maybe I could add some additional coats that will darken them ... and that could also "help" with the yellowing

I'm torn between upgrading to clear or have them painted in car color (space gray)

btw. are there any legal problems? ... or I can really do with them whatever I want?
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2013, 03:23 PM   #25
slicer
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: '13 E92 M3

No matter what reflector you choose (OEM, Painted, Clear, Smoked) they all look awkward. The only way to "fix" this problem is to have them shaved (aka filled in) and the bumper repainted. It will cost you $1000+ but anything else looks mickey mouse IMO. I did it on my last M3 and it was one of my favorite modifications. I'm puzzled by the amount of money people spend on cosmetic mods (spoilers, front lip, tint, etc.) and don't choose to get the reflectors filled. I'm a huge fan of the clean look that it creates.
      01-18-2013, 05:35 PM   #26
alynM3
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: '12 JB E92

Garage List
2012 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by slicer View Post
No matter what reflector you choose (OEM, Painted, Clear, Smoked) they all look awkward. The only way to "fix" this problem is to have them shaved (aka filled in) and the bumper repainted. It will cost you $1000+ but anything else looks mickey mouse IMO. I did it on my last M3 and it was one of my favorite modifications. I'm puzzled by the amount of money people spend on cosmetic mods (spoilers, front lip, tint, etc.) and don't choose to get the reflectors filled. I'm a huge fan of the clean look that it creates.
+1 best mod... and it makes you look like you are european lol
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2013, 07:48 PM   #27
marepa
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2013 E92 Space Gray MT

why do them put there in the first place ? :-/

also think that the filled would be the best .. but I'm thinking that smoked might look good on space gray
Appreciate 0