BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav
 
BPM Sport
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-13-2013, 03:11 PM   #1
EliteM3
Private First Class
United_States
2

 
Drives: 2009 E90 M3
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Morgan Hill, CA


Posts: 175
iTrader: (0)

Underseat sub upgrade enough?

Folks,

I have a trunk sub and technic's harness with the enhanced sound system. I no longer notice underseat bass.

I am wondering if there is an aftermarket underseat sub that is enough to warrant removing the trunk sub altogether and instead use the amp to drive the underseat subs.

I realize, enough is subjective, but for those that have trunk subs and upgraded underseat subs, do you have any feedback about my question?
__________________
09 Space Gray E90 M3 DCT: BPM (Stage 1, DCT and Servotronic) tune, Gintani Sport Exhaust, Dinan Intake
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 04:17 PM   #2
Technic
Lieutenant General
United_States
162

 
Technic's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 320i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ft Lauderdale, Florida


Posts: 11,153
iTrader: (18)

Garage List
2004 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteM3 View Post
Folks,

I have a trunk sub and technic's harness with the enhanced sound system. I no longer notice underseat bass.

I am wondering if there is an aftermarket underseat sub that is enough to warrant removing the trunk sub altogether and instead use the amp to drive the underseat subs.

I realize, enough is subjective, but for those that have trunk subs and upgraded underseat subs, do you have any feedback about my question?
No underseat woofer will make you forget a trunk sub. So be careful what you wish for.

What you can have is a pair of midbass woofers with a separate amp with some kind of Bass Boost. That will make the midbass be as authoritative as the sub, but at two different bands -sub and mid. The Bass Boost feature is for you to bump the midbass at the underseat woofers instead of messing with the sub level or the OEM bass adjustments (7-band EQ and bass settings).

That you will appreciate for sure.

A pair of Jehnerts XE200 and a RF P300-2 can do the trick.
__________________
-2015 F30 320i, Imperial/Oyster, 8AT: August 2014 ED
-2012 E92 M3 Jerez Black/Rust Brown, M-DCT: Gone
-2008 E90 M3 Melbourne Red/Bamboo, 6MT: Gone
-2007 MK5 GTI United Grey/Grey, DSG: Gone
-2004 E46 M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon, 6MT: Gone
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 10:03 PM   #3
EliteM3
Private First Class
United_States
2

 
Drives: 2009 E90 M3
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Morgan Hill, CA


Posts: 175
iTrader: (0)

Thanks Technic!
__________________
09 Space Gray E90 M3 DCT: BPM (Stage 1, DCT and Servotronic) tune, Gintani Sport Exhaust, Dinan Intake
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2013, 06:59 AM   #4
AxisMagi
Private
2

 
Drives: 2011 E90 Lemans Blue
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Scottsdale, AZ


Posts: 99
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post

What you can have is a pair of midbass woofers with a separate amp with some kind of Bass Boost. That will make the midbass be as authoritative as the sub, but at two different bands -sub and mid.
+!

This is what I did and it's an awesome setup! The mid bass subs under the seat bring the trunk sub forward onto the stage and add additional punch. Highly
recommend

~Axis
__________________
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
2011 E90 M3 ZCP Lemans Blue / ESS VT2-600 Supercharger / Stoptech Trophy BBK / M-Performance Exhaust / Ohlins Road & Track / Audiophile Sound System / Beltronics STir Plus & LI
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2013, 11:59 AM   #5
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
156


 
THE TECH's Avatar
 
Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kansas


Posts: 13,116
iTrader: (45)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to THE TECH Send a message via Skype™ to THE TECH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
No underseat woofer will make you forget a trunk sub. So be careful what you wish for.

What you can have is a pair of midbass woofers with a separate amp with some kind of Bass Boost. That will make the midbass be as authoritative as the sub, but at two different bands -sub and mid. The Bass Boost feature is for you to bump the midbass at the underseat woofers instead of messing with the sub level or the OEM bass adjustments (7-band EQ and bass settings).

That you will appreciate for sure.

A pair of Jehnerts XE200 and a RF P300-2 can do the trick.
+1
__________________
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:07 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST