BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews
 
Steve Thomas BMW
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-08-2013, 10:39 PM   #331
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
 
JulieDriving's Avatar
 
Drives: Bimmer
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada

Posts: 2,308
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Class-of-2013 View Post
Hey Julie - when you got your car did you treat the leather with anything special to protect and preserve it? I was thinking Zaino products, but maybe it's too early to do that, what do you think?

Also, completed break-in service recently! Went really well, and got the car back in 2 hours. Got to admit, I was revving happily to 8000 rems once I broke the 1000 mile mark.
Awesome! You are going to be addicted I tell you!

As for the leather, I use Lexol and could not be happier.

I know Zaino is very often recommended, and I tried it once, but I didn't like how it made my leather feel on the M3. Maybe something was wrong with the liquid in my bottle or something, but the leather seemed to harden. So I wiped it off, used some Lexol cleaner and then applied Lexol conditioner and it went back to being soft. Lots of people swear by Zaino on bimmerpost so, again, maybe something was wrong with my bottle!

In retrospect, my leather did not need any conditioning, and the Zaino removed some of that FACTORY BMW smell. Damn. But I was too OCD in trying to protect it. I even had covers on the seats for a while. Seriously, I went overboard.

If I had to do it again, I'd just clean and condition the seats after winter, during "spring cleaning". And enjoy that factory leather smell for longer.

On the other hand, I love using Zaino for "waxing". P.S. Zaino will make your Jet Black pop!!
__________________
2013 M3 coupe (Azurite Black, Black, Piano Black)
+ miata nut (2 miatas) + Mk6 GTI 5-door hatch (our mini-SUV )
JulieDriving is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-08-2013, 10:41 PM   #332
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
 
JulieDriving's Avatar
 
Drives: Bimmer
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada

Posts: 2,308
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineE92M3 View Post
Just ordered my 2013 AW E92 ZCP today! Traded my '11 base for it. They said 6-8 weeks! Cant wait!
That's great! I'm surprised, but very happily so, that so many still want the last of the M3's!
__________________
2013 M3 coupe (Azurite Black, Black, Piano Black)
+ miata nut (2 miatas) + Mk6 GTI 5-door hatch (our mini-SUV )
JulieDriving is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-08-2013, 10:55 PM   #333
heartcolorgrey
Private First Class
 
heartcolorgrey's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 ZCP AW/Speed Cloth
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: NY

Posts: 112
iTrader: (0)

MY CAR IS @ the DEALER, pickup this friday!

Pics/vids to follow!!!
heartcolorgrey is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-09-2013, 06:38 AM   #334
NHman
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2013 M3 MR ZCP DCT
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NorthEast

Posts: 449
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineE92M3 View Post
Just ordered my 2013 AW E92 ZCP today! Traded my '11 base for it. They said 6-8 weeks! Cant wait!
Congrats! The days in the calendar will be moving by very slowwwly until it arrives.
NHman is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-09-2013, 06:40 AM   #335
NHman
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2013 M3 MR ZCP DCT
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NorthEast

Posts: 449
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartcolorgrey View Post
MY CAR IS @ the DEALER, pickup this friday!

Pics/vids to follow!!!
With the warm weather predicted for this week through Sunday, perfect time for delivery. Congrats!
NHman is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-09-2013, 07:03 AM   #336
Class-of-2013
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Driver's Seat

Posts: 225
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartcolorgrey View Post
MY CAR IS @ the DEALER, pickup this friday!

Pics/vids to follow!!!
That is fantastic, and big congrats! Now you have 2 sleepless nights ahead of you. It's sooooo close!

Bring that car to a Cars and Coffee near your area!
Class-of-2013 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-09-2013, 02:34 PM   #337
Class-of-2013
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Driver's Seat

Posts: 225
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieDriving View Post
Awesome! You are going to be addicted I tell you!

As for the leather, I use Lexol and could not be happier.

I know Zaino is very often recommended, and I tried it once, but I didn't like how it made my leather feel on the M3. Maybe something was wrong with the liquid in my bottle or something, but the leather seemed to harden. So I wiped it off, used some Lexol cleaner and then applied Lexol conditioner and it went back to being soft. Lots of people swear by Zaino on bimmerpost so, again, maybe something was wrong with my bottle!

In retrospect, my leather did not need any conditioning, and the Zaino removed some of that FACTORY BMW smell. Damn. But I was too OCD in trying to protect it. I even had covers on the seats for a while. Seriously, I went overboard.

If I had to do it again, I'd just clean and condition the seats after winter, during "spring cleaning". And enjoy that factory leather smell for longer.

On the other hand, I love using Zaino for "waxing". P.S. Zaino will make your Jet Black pop!!
Thanks Julie, great advice! I was about to Zaino this weekend, but you're right, hold off a bit so I can bathe in the new car leather smell longer I do have Lexol products (bought it when Zaino ran out for a bit), and got to be honest, it just doesn't smell right to me. It does the job, but the smell is too neutral / chemically smelling - if that makes any sense.

Love Zaino exterior products, they do work well. My system is : KLASSSE AIO + Collinite 845 as a strong protective base gloss. Then Zaino Gloss Enhancer (between washes) OR Zaino Grand Finale Spray for extra zing!
Class-of-2013 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-09-2013, 05:35 PM   #338
gr0n
New Member
 
gr0n's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 AW E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Columbus, OH

Posts: 14
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Hi all! I will soon be joining the class of 2013 and have placed an order for a new Alpine White M3 (aluminum trim, black novillo leather, moonroof, heated seats)! "Week 6" I'm told is the production start for my car. Thanks to cmhsam for getting me in touch with Jake Sweeney BMW in Cincy...the experience was night and day compared to a nearby dealer! The deal was amazing as well!

-Mike
Attached Images
 
gr0n is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-09-2013, 06:19 PM   #339
llis
octane chick
 
llis's Avatar
 
Drives: Ms
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Colorado

Posts: 1,128
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2003 BMW M5  [0.00]
2002 BMW 530i (fs)  [0.00]
2013 BMW M3  [5.00]
Still waiting on getting my car after ED.
__________________

2013 E92 ///M3 ZCP 6MT Speed Yellow 2003 E39 ///M5
llis is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-09-2013, 06:42 PM   #340
///Machine
Second Lieutenant
 
///Machine's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 E92 M3 / '11 X5d
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: CT

Posts: 247
iTrader: (0)

I am in for some speed yellow pics.

Edit: just saw your other post...with pics. Thanks.
__________________
Now: 2013 SG ZCP E92 M3; 2011 DSB X5d
Before: 2011 JZB E93 M3; 2008 Monaco Blue E90 328i; 2002 E46 Steel Blue 325i
///Machine is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-09-2013, 07:08 PM   #341
TheDeliverator
First Lieutenant
 
TheDeliverator's Avatar
 
Drives: A Singularity
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: MD

Posts: 393
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Hey class of 2013.

Check the link below and then follow the link inside and see if there is a recall for your car. So far myself and the OP, have an open recall and need to call the dealer.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...1#post13281775
__________________

V1C / Bel STiR+ / Integrated mirror display / AD08r f255/35 r275/35
/ IND Euro Bumper / MP Splitters / MP Steering Wheel
TheDeliverator is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-09-2013, 07:10 PM   #342
TheDeliverator
First Lieutenant
 
TheDeliverator's Avatar
 
Drives: A Singularity
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: MD

Posts: 393
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Looks like it's a NAV thing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by E93S65 View Post
EDIT: Didn't mean to cause a frenzy. Called my SA and he looked it up. Stated it was a NAV recall - nothing serious....WTF....I said, seriously? Why can't they just call non-critical updates as "Required Service Update". SA agreed but stated that all Recalls/Updates/Campaigns are classified as "Recalls".
__________________

V1C / Bel STiR+ / Integrated mirror display / AD08r f255/35 r275/35
/ IND Euro Bumper / MP Splitters / MP Steering Wheel
TheDeliverator is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-09-2013, 07:15 PM   #343
Class-of-2013
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Driver's Seat

Posts: 225
iTrader: (0)

no recall for me.
Class-of-2013 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-09-2013, 08:54 PM   #344
Bimmr7
Private
 
Drives: 13 E92 M3/11 328i
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sunny California

Posts: 80
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
2011 BMW 328  [0.00]
2010 BMW 335 M Sport  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr0n View Post
Hi all! I will soon be joining the class of 2013 and have placed an order for a new Alpine White M3 (aluminum trim, black novillo leather, moonroof, heated seats)! "Week 6" I'm told is the production start for my car. Thanks to cmhsam for getting me in touch with Jake Sweeney BMW in Cincy...the experience was night and day compared to a nearby dealer! The deal was amazing as well!

-Mike


I remember being there this past November, the wait was tough but doable
Bimmr7 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-09-2013, 09:22 PM   #345
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
 
JulieDriving's Avatar
 
Drives: Bimmer
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada

Posts: 2,308
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by heartcolorgrey View Post
MY CAR IS @ the DEALER, pickup this friday!

Pics/vids to follow!!!
You won't sleep Thursday, hehe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr0n View Post
Hi all! I will soon be joining the class of 2013 and have placed an order for a new Alpine White M3 (aluminum trim, black novillo leather, moonroof, heated seats)! "Week 6" I'm told is the production start for my car. Thanks to cmhsam for getting me in touch with Jake Sweeney BMW in Cincy...the experience was night and day compared to a nearby dealer! The deal was amazing as well!

-Mike
Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by llis View Post
Still waiting on getting my car after ED.
EDIT: That crying emoticon was for the wait. Not for your ED pictures! I answered your thread there - your car ROCKS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDeliverator View Post
Hey class of 2013.

Check the link below and then follow the link inside and see if there is a recall for your car. So far myself and the OP, have an open recall and need to call the dealer.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...1#post13281775
Thanks for letting the classmates know.
__________________
2013 M3 coupe (Azurite Black, Black, Piano Black)
+ miata nut (2 miatas) + Mk6 GTI 5-door hatch (our mini-SUV )

Last edited by JulieDriving; 01-09-2013 at 09:47 PM.
JulieDriving is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-09-2013, 09:25 PM   #346
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
 
JulieDriving's Avatar
 
Drives: Bimmer
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada

Posts: 2,308
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Class-of-2013 View Post
Thanks Julie, great advice! I was about to Zaino this weekend, but you're right, hold off a bit so I can bathe in the new car leather smell longer I do have Lexol products (bought it when Zaino ran out for a bit), and got to be honest, it just doesn't smell right to me. It does the job, but the smell is too neutral / chemically smelling - if that makes any sense.

Love Zaino exterior products, they do work well. My system is : KLASSSE AIO + Collinite 845 as a strong protective base gloss. Then Zaino Gloss Enhancer (between washes) OR Zaino Grand Finale Spray for extra zing!
Now I'm even more convinced something was wrong with my Zaino bottle because it smelled more "chemically" than the Lexol.
__________________
2013 M3 coupe (Azurite Black, Black, Piano Black)
+ miata nut (2 miatas) + Mk6 GTI 5-door hatch (our mini-SUV )
JulieDriving is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2013, 06:46 AM   #347
Class-of-2013
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Driver's Seat

Posts: 225
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieDriving View Post
Now I'm even more convinced something was wrong with my Zaino bottle because it smelled more "chemically" than the Lexol.
I think you should give Z another try. The smell of the leather Z products is almost like new car smell, I'd go as far to say it's half the reason why people use it. If you still have the old Z prods. with the defect, maybe they give you replacement at no cost etc.?
Class-of-2013 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2013, 09:49 PM   #348
Class-of-2013
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Driver's Seat

Posts: 225
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieDriving View Post
Now I'm even more convinced something was wrong with my Zaino bottle because it smelled more "chemically" than the Lexol.
Jules, have you tried tuning your car with ESS or something similar? Highly reco it if you're interested.
Class-of-2013 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2013, 10:01 PM   #349
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
 
JulieDriving's Avatar
 
Drives: Bimmer
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada

Posts: 2,308
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Class-of-2013 View Post
Jules, have you tried tuning your car with ESS or something similar? Highly reco it if you're interested.
No, I plan on keeping the car stock. Although I've seen & heard an ESS supercharger in person, and it is something... Did you do that with yours??

The only thing I might do is the ///M Performance Exhaust. It looks good and sounds great. We'll see...

By the way, are you from Ontario/ GTA by any chance? I saw you post in the Canadian winter wheels thread. There's meets every year.
__________________
2013 M3 coupe (Azurite Black, Black, Piano Black)
+ miata nut (2 miatas) + Mk6 GTI 5-door hatch (our mini-SUV )
JulieDriving is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2013, 11:04 PM   #350
Class-of-2013
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Driver's Seat

Posts: 225
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieDriving View Post
No, I plan on keeping the car stock. Although I've seen & heard an ESS supercharger in person, and it is something... Did you do that with yours??

The only thing I might do is the ///M Performance Exhaust. It looks good and sounds great. We'll see...

By the way, are you from Ontario/ GTA by any chance? I saw you post in the Canadian winter wheels thread. There's meets every year.
No SC, as I'm not a fan of FI for a car that's supposed to be NA. That's why I bought it. But I'm a fan of their Tune. It certainly smoothes out the rev range by distributing the torque earlier and equally throughout. Worth a shot IMHO.

Nah, although coincidentally I have roots in Vancouver. Don't go back often though.

Sent you a PM on M Performance Exhaust deal, really good price if you're about to pull the trigger. I was super close, but decided I didn't want to spend that much yet on an exhaust.
Class-of-2013 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-12-2013, 11:42 PM   #351
Bimmr7
Private
 
Drives: 13 E92 M3/11 328i
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sunny California

Posts: 80
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
2011 BMW 328  [0.00]
2010 BMW 335 M Sport  [0.00]
Just picked up 2013 AW Comp Pkg. Everything I thought it would be.
Bimmr7 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-13-2013, 06:55 AM   #352
NHman
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2013 M3 MR ZCP DCT
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NorthEast

Posts: 449
iTrader: (0)

I just signed the paperwork yesterday to order a M3 coupe. Pricing details are provided on the "share your deals" thread. Most of the toys/options in Silverstone/black. Four month wait. Still debating the exterior color as I like Interlagos and whether to get MT. For now, it is configured with DCT.
NHman is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:49 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST