BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav
 
Stick to Clutch
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-14-2012, 10:24 AM   #23
zibawal
Major
 
Drives: 2012 X5D
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SFO BAY AREA

Posts: 1,048
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiedawg View Post
i think this would be a good way to go.i spent less than $500 for the speakers with a discount code,and i think it already sounds about as good or better than the upgraded factory system i had in a loaner.if they ever come out with the amp i'll probably add it,and then it should sound better than the $1900 eps for less money.

again,it's a good way to go if you want easy installation of a systerm designed for the car.
I respect your opinion.
Did u install ur self?
Now my expense incl installation, add amp, install, close to 2k ;(
Still, no dsp and no full speaker array. I would like to kick my self,not BMW / or BSW
zibawal is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-14-2012, 12:00 PM   #24
robbiedawg
Lieutenant
 
robbiedawg's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 ib e90 m3, 1995 acura nsx
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: chapel hill, nc

Posts: 455
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
1995 ACURA NSX-T  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zibawal View Post
I respect your opinion.
Did u install ur self?
Now my expense incl installation, add amp, install, close to 2k ;(
Still, no dsp and no full speaker array. I would like to kick my self,not BMW / or BSW
i didn't pay for the install,traded services with a friend who is a bmw mechanic,so that obviously helped my bottom line.
__________________
~ TRAFFIC LAWYER IN CENTRAL NC ~
2OO8 E90 M3 /// INTERLAGOS BLUE w/BAMBOO BEIGE, CARBON LEATHER / 6MT / 19" 220M FORGED WHEELS / PREMIUM / MOONROOF / IPOD / BSW SPEAKERS


~EVERYTHING IN MODERATION,INCLUDING MODERATION ~
robbiedawg is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-14-2012, 12:26 PM   #25
lorinzo
Captain
 
Drives: 2011 e90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Posts: 715
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbauer View Post
Why would u need a speaker in your rear view? You already have a center channel speaker? That Rues guy is whoring himself around Cars and Coffee every Saturday.
Not sure..... but it sounds great!!!

I know it was not cheap... but when I read through this thread and others like it, I am convinced that Reus was the right way to go.
__________________
| 2011 M3 Sedan | Le Mans Blue | M-DCT | ZC2 | ZCP | ZP3 | Moonroof | Enhanced Premium Sound | Dinan free flow exhaust | Dinan performance engine software | Dinan pulley | Dinan intake | Dinan pedals | Bimmian LED interior | Lux H8 V3 | WeissLicht PY24W LED | 20% tint | IND reflectors | IND front grills | IND key hole cover | IND hood vents | IND M5 mirror covers | Reus Systems audio upgrade | Verstraβe shifter paddles | BBS LM 20x9 et 15 and 20x10 et 20 | Michelin PSS 245/30/20 and 275/30/20 | H&R Sport springs |
lorinzo is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-14-2012, 02:53 PM   #26
kmarei
Major General
 
kmarei's Avatar
 
Drives: 1988 E30 M3 Evo II
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Reston, VA

Posts: 6,479
iTrader: (33)

Garage List
BSW speakers sound much better on the hifi system
i had that on my 08, and the difference was huge
the mids are very good, but not as good as the logic 7 mids
but the tweeters are way better than the logic 7 tweeters
you can amplify them but don't go crazy with the watts
i gave them about 50 watts each and they sounded very good
any more and you'll probably blow them
__________________
This user has been banned from the 4 series forum because he doesn't sing its merits like the admins want us all to

kmarei is offline   Egypt
0
Reply With Quote
      01-07-2013, 07:17 PM   #27
ASU
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011 M3 E93 DCT
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto, Canada

Posts: 200
iTrader: (0)

BSW Installer in Central Ontario?

I have heard a lot of good things about the speakers. The foundation issue with BMW for the most part starts with the speakers. Unfortunately they don't upgrade the type of speaker with the Logic or Dirac upgrades. The Dirac is actually a nice system but the speakers really are poor.

I personally don't have the time or patience to install them myself.

Has anyone in Central Ontario purchased these from BSW and has them installed locally?
ASU is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      01-07-2013, 07:36 PM   #28
Wendall
***Major MammelToe
 
Wendall's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 SG coupe
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Orange County, CA

Posts: 1,146
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarei View Post
BSW speakers sound much better on the hifi system
i had that on my 08, and the difference was huge
the mids are very good, but not as good as the logic 7 mids
but the tweeters are way better than the logic 7 tweeters
you can amplify them but don't go crazy with the watts
i gave them about 50 watts each and they sounded very good
any more and you'll probably blow them
Yes, The biggest problem I have found was the factory amp. I swapped my hifi amp with a JL audio xd 600/6 amp, swapped the mids with L7s and my system sounds 400% better. I have Infinity Kappa 10.9t i have sitting in the garage waiting to install, but so far my system sounds sweet. The highs are not the best but the amp swap is the best upgrade.
__________________
E92 M3 SG DCT - AA Filter, Verstraβe Paddles, ECS SS, MH race stud, Stoptech BBK, MR Exhaust,RE Pulley, BPM Tune,Euro bumper and GTS lip, Euro MDM & DCT, KW CS, Recaro PP, TMS Soild Diff Mounts, MRF solid subframe mounts, GTS aero, RPM track built motor.

Wendall is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-26-2013, 02:09 AM   #29
tlaselva
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 DCT
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada

Posts: 40
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggynuts01 View Post
Yes, The biggest problem I have found was the factory amp. I swapped my hifi amp with a JL audio xd 600/6 amp, swapped the mids with L7s and my system sounds 400% better. I have Infinity Kappa 10.9t i have sitting in the garage waiting to install, but so far my system sounds sweet. The highs are not the best but the amp swap is the best upgrade.
Going to go with your advise and change my amp.

How easy/difficult is it to change the amp?

Guess it's something you'd give it to a stereo shop to install?
tlaselva is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      04-26-2013, 02:14 AM   #30
zibawal
Major
 
Drives: 2012 X5D
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SFO BAY AREA

Posts: 1,048
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlaselva View Post
Going to go with your advise and change my amp.

How easy/difficult is it to change the amp?

Guess it's something you'd give it to a stereo shop to install?
Which car did u have? We did on x5 and were not much delighted;( just the speakers
zibawal is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-02-2013, 11:04 PM   #31
aus
Major General
 
Drives: Odysse
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Seal Beach, CA

Posts: 7,299
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbauer View Post
Why would u need a speaker in your rear view? You already have a center channel speaker? That Rues guy is whoring himself around Cars and Coffee every Saturday.
There was a thread on another forum where someone who used to work at Reus said they got their parts from Partsexpress, and they relabeled them as their own. This place has been a scam for decades now, but rich people don't do their research and it's not hard to make a system that sounds better at high levels than a stock system.

.
__________________
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
aus is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-19-2013, 06:38 AM   #32
apexkingjusto
Second Lieutenant
 
apexkingjusto's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3, 500HP S2000, and WRX
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: CT

Posts: 209
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
There was a thread on another forum where someone who used to work at Reus said they got their parts from Partsexpress, and they relabeled them as their own. This place has been a scam for decades now, but rich people don't do their research and it's not hard to make a system that sounds better at high levels than a stock system.

.
Hey I love my seas tweeters from parts express!))
apexkingjusto is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-29-2013, 11:34 AM   #33
robspec
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2010 e92 m3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: SoCal

Posts: 184
iTrader: (6)

i had the bav sound front drivers and center channel it made a huge difference on my enhanced sound
robspec is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-03-2013, 05:51 PM   #34
kerkiraios00
Lieutenant
 
kerkiraios00's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 Jerez E90 M3
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Queens,NY

Posts: 462
iTrader: (0)

I was thinking about doing the musicar level 1 upgrade? Worth 1400? Harness 2 mids 2 tweeters 2 subs and an amp?
__________________
11 E90 M3 Jerez BLK Metallic | EXT FOX RED NL | ZCP | MEISTERSCHAFT GT | LUX H8 V4 | HRE P43SC

07 JEEP PATRIOT LIMITED BLK- STU COILS 2.5' lift- 16' MOAB WHEELS
kerkiraios00 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:09 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST